Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera 1.2.2e Patch Released!

Icon4 Divide et Impera 1.2.2e Patch Released!

New 1.2.2e Version:

Download Thread

*Only Part 1 updated, save game compatible

Information
    We know everyone has been asking about a few things in this patch, so I wanted to make an announcement about it so that everyone would know we have updated the mod. There are quite a few things in this patch that should be exciting for all our players. Some of the highlights include:
    - A lot of battle balancing and fixes, thanks to KAM's tireless efforts over the weekend. We appreciate all the feedback we received over the last week or so and have worked to incorporate that in this update.
    - An entirely new Seleucid rebellion system by Litharion. Now the satrapies will rebel!
    - The Empire Divided campaign now has our buildings and our unit stats. Also, our Aux/AOR/Merc units are now in the campaign.
    - Many, many other fixes - see below!

Also, if you are interested in submitting questions for our first ever Video Q&A, please check it out! - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?761837

Patch Notes

Battles Fixes/Changes from KAM
    - Fixed pike formation deactivating inside some city locations. It still should not be useable on walls.
    - Rebalanced hoplite, shieldwall and pike formation bonuses, they should be much more balanced now.
    - All units except hoplites and pikes have +5HP (Hoplites and pikes have increased frontal defence)
    - Ranged combat rebalanced
    - Melee kill ratio toned down
    - Large morale rebalance, morale is more important in nearby area, less important for overall army (for example rout of the enemy left wing will impact the center but not the right wing, which would not be even aware of it)
    - Formation Attack reworked, we have found a way to mod bonuses of it, now units using them will perform better and not be defeated by units with same stats but not using it or by hoplites and pikes, which before always defeated them. You should never turn if off as of this patch.
    - Fatigue tweaks, it takes more to get into higher exhaustion states (to support longer battles)
    - Supply trains now increase morale of nearby units
    - Imitation legionaires now have Formation Attack and Defensive Testudo
    - All melee infantry have ammo reduced to 1 and reload speed reduced to 1 second
    - Reworked firing arcs of ranged units, there should be much less friendly fire, especially on the AI side
    - Garrison archers morale reduced by 5

New Empire Divided Campaign Changes
    - First overhaul of unit stats for 3c units to be more in line with DeI stats.
    - Added DeI's custom building system to Empire Divided (new campaign only)
    - Added AOR, Auxiliary, Mercenary, Naval and Garrison units to the new campaign (new campaign only). For now the unit cards don't match with the new campaign.
    - Fixed AI in the new 3c campaign missing recruitment priority entries.
    - Fixed background skills not triggering for starting characters in 3c campaign.
    - Fixed 3c units having too low campaign movement points

New Seleucid Revolt System (thanks to Litharion!)
    - The Seleucid satrapies will now revolt after a semi-random amount of time.
    - For the Seleucid player, this is dependent on diplomatic relations and on satrapy army size. For the AI Seleucids, this is only dependent on army size.
    - This will happen in save games, so be warned!

Other Changes/Fixes
    - Lowered empire maintenance and upkeep penalties a bit from imperium level to better balance expansion with banditry.
    - Fixed bug where larger populations lowered income rather than raising it.
    - Fixed fleets replenishing from capitals instead of local ports sometimes.
    - Added political loyalty effects to the faction leader good/neutral/bad faction effect system.
    - Fixed political instability from loss of faction leader disappearing too early. It will last 6 turns and can be stopped by moving your new leader to your capital or assigning him to an office, as long as he doesn't have a negative trait.
    - Fixed province pop disappearing in the province details panel when activating/deactivating taxes
    - Fixed double Recruitment tool tip after quickly cancelling 2 queued units
    - Fixed missing Recruitment tool tip when merging units while the recruitment panel is open
    - Fixed champion unit card extending too far down.
    - Fixed starting Roman general unit card having SPQR in red over top of the image.
    - Fixed GC starting season bug - should start in Winter now.
    - Fixed Spartan roster in Mac wars missing spartan hoplites.
    - Fixed Roman copper towns tier 3 trade/fort variants having incorrect garrison settings.
    - Fixed some Spartan spear units not benefiting from +spear effects.
    - Fixed Taksashila missing naval roster in custom battle.
    - Fixed 2 Galatian units having wrong unit cards.
    - Fixed Roman tech tree icons being reversed.
    - Fixed incorrect sanitation/banditry effects on Vulcan temple and wine forum building.
    - Lowered Triarii and hoplite recruitment priorities for Roman armies.
    - Fixed reforms missing for German factions in CiG (new campaign only)
    - Fixed mine/quarry buildings missing squalor effects.
    - Updated/swapped unit cards for Late Hastati and Hastati Samnitici.
    - Fixed emergent faction in Iconium having same emblem as Pergamon.

Interested in supporting the mod?
    Last edited by Dresden; December 11, 2017 at 04:05 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.2.2e Patch Released!

In case anyone wonders why I did below:

"- All melee infantry have ammo reduced to 1 and reload speed reduced to 1 second"

When melee/spear infantry have javelins, they will use them in single volley. Before often 95% of the unit would do the throw and then wait for remaining 5% to "reload". This means that AI will make use of ranged attacks but not stand in place for eternity.

Also please take part in our upcoming Q&A!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Impera-Q-amp-A!
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I forgot that part of the notes - sorry KAM

Patrician

No problem, I just wanted to answer question that would probably happen sooner or later ;P

Really great patch notes. I'm gonna test it now, thanks!

Can't believe someone played custom naval battle with Taksashila

Armenian Legionaries don't have formation attack and testudo, if they were meant to.

Patrician

They will eventually have it Just to much stuff at one time.

Does the formation attack have to be added to individual units or is it part of attributes like roman_legio?

Patrician

Both, as an attribute and as a skill (I use cavalry_counter_tactics for the stat buff) which has to be added as a separate thing like phalanx.

Okay thank you.

Welp, gonna restart campaigns I guess. Thanks alot for the hard work, this patch looks awesome. Some really interesting changes (I really like that morale affects an area instead of whole army!).

- All units except hoplites and pikes have +5HP (Hoplites and pikes have increased frontal defence) is this also added through the attributes? I don't see it in the pfm tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Welp, gonna restart campaigns I guess. Thanks alot for the hard work, this patch looks awesome. Some really interesting changes (I really like that morale affects an area instead of whole army!).
    Its save compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    - All units except hoplites and pikes have +5HP (Hoplites and pikes have increased frontal defence) is this also added through the attributes? I don't see it in the pfm tables.
    I believe its in the battle entities table.

Also, it seems like you can turn off Formation Attack and keep Disciplined Formation active - which I'm assuming is the actual source of the bonus from formation attack. Is this another case of the player needing to not abuse their advantages over the AI like formation attack in the first place, or is the UI not correct to show disciplined formation as still active?

Alternatively still, is disciplined formation unrelated to formation attack?

Patrician

Like in the nots, you should never turn off formation attack after this patch. AI never does. Once we find a way, we will probably hide formation attack button since even if we will say it 100 times, people will still come back and say "Units are better without formation attack"! Which obviously they are as the bonus is retained. There is no other way to make it work, at least for now.

As it says in the patch notes, it is designed so you shouldn't turn off formation attack. We are looking into ways to disable the ability to do that.

Disciplined formation is the way we have modified formation attack units.

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

New Seleucid Revolt System
    (thanks to Litharion!)
    - The Seleucid satrapies will now revolt after a semi-random amount of time.
    - For the Seleucid player, this is dependent on diplomatic relations and on satrapy army size. For the AI Seleucids, this is only dependent on army size.
    - This will happen in save games, so be warned!
    Can this also be added for the Sassanids in the Empire Divided Campaign? As the Goths I got into a war with the sassanids at turn 100 and they kept 100% of their satrapies and they where more loyal than a dog! All the satrapies sent me 2 full stack armies each, that is like 10 full stack armies, I had 5 and could not defend all me regions so I tried to cause mayor revolts with my agents but nothing worked as the Sassanids and their satrapies were like a single super nation with unlimited resources and basically unbeatable.

PS: Also, the Sassanids destroyed the Palmiryan Empire and Rome in like 20 turns (VH/VH campaign) so they are obviously overpowered right now.

Hope this feedback helps balance that particular campaign

I noticed that Galatian Naked Spears still have 3 ammo and Royal Peltasts still have 2 ammo.

Not sure whether it is intended? IMO Royal Peltasts would be weaken significantly with only 1 ammo as shock troops, so I do prefer to leave it with 2 ammo as an exception.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Will submods like the "true legions for true romans" or leonardos imperial legions be effected by the latest Dei version or they will need their own update to keep up?
    THanks in advance.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast