- Reduced AI diplomacy likeliness to declare war settings.
- Changed threshholds for friendly and very friendly back to vanilla values.
- Increased cultural multipliers back to previous levels for diplomacy (should be friendlier with similar cultures)
- Increased reliability values assigned to the different reliability ranks, most factions should be more reliable in diplomacy.
- Added some updated unit cards.
- Small increase to spies/champions amount at higher imperium levels.
- Changed "initial challenge" at faction selection to "recommended difficulty" for factions.
- Small reduction to walls/towers hitpoint values.
- Added Roman cheekguard changes (now closed rather than open) - thanks to Glado!
- Fixed a crash issue at max imperium in CiG.
- Fixed rank depth for Atropatkan elite cav unit.
- Fixed tier 4 hellenic sanitation PO effect being too low.
- Fixed wrong/missing recruitment settings for 2 british units.
- Fixed some auxiliary units not being properly assigned to aux unit sets.
- Fixed morale settings for high unit casualties and another incorrect entry.
- Fixed mauryan greek hoplites missing phalanx ability.
- Fixed AOR indo-hellenic thureos unit name to better describe them.
- Fixed AOR judean thureos unit missing javelins
- Fixed some more baktrian pop unit sizes
- Fixed special ports missing eastern tech requirements.
- Fixed egyptian citizen cav missing swords in combat.
- Removed testudo from an imitation legion unit incorrectly assigned.
- Fixed missing AOR balearic slingers in HatG (new campaign only)
- Small increase to baggage train movement values.
- Fixed missing weapon/wrong animation for lugii cav unit.
- Fixed emergent bithynia faction general options
- Moved sparta tier 3 AOR units down to tier 2 since only sparta can build tier 3.
- Fixed massalia celto hellenic unit morale value.
- Fixed various factions having smaller numbers of ballista/artillery pieces per unit than they should.
- Fixed AOR iberian unit missing javelins.
- Fixed syracuse pikes missing shields.
- Fixed parthian bodyguard unit being recruitable.
- Fixed late triarii/allied units not properly using their specialized animations.
- Glado for use of his Roman cheekguards submod in the main mod. Thanks!
- Various stat and animations fixes and changes.
- Pikes should have a bit better morale now.
- Changed UI value scale for some stats for better display.
- Iberians have 2 ammo for their melee and spear infantry.
- Buffed growth of morale due to unit experience.
- Bigger bonus for pike phalanx vs elephants.
- Units should be slightly less eager to rout.
- Increased some CAI reliability settings for a few factions.
- Made trade agreements and non-aggression pacts a little easier to get, especially with friendly nations.
- Changed some agent personality traits that had too many negatives and not enough positives.
- Lowered the tax bonus previously given to player factions a bit.
- Added baggage train recruitment for eastern, hellenic and roman factions to the public guard chain in minor towns.
- Small decrease to some imperium diplomacy penalties.
- Fixed some incorrect political party government texts.
- Changed Legatus description to make it clearer he is both Marian and Imperial general option.
- Altered Parthian's alternate army composition template to reduce infantry numbers a little.
- Fixed a bug where Under siege would improperly show as a positive population modifier
- Fixed population size/tier entries for many Baktrian units.
- Fixed some incorrect effects for hellenic military ports.
- Fixed massalian hoplites and greek thorax spears missing proper unit sets (so they wouldn't get proper bonuses)
- Fixed bactrian horse archers having double stamina entry.
- Fixed Asagarta emergent faction name and symbol.
- Added infantry bodyguard option for Taksashila.
- Fixed 2 massalia cav units missing wedge formation.
- Changed some effects for eastern minor stadia buildings.
- Fixed tier 4 horse forum building effect not working properly.
- Fixed iberian cultures not being properly affected by another faction's expansionism penalty.
- Increased cost of Gaesatae unit.
Various changes aimed at helping later game AI build armies and properly manage:
- Increased tax income for both AI and player.
- Increased income for minor town city buildings.
- Small reduction to commodity values, increased AI trade income a bit.
- Turned off attrition from supply for AI for now.
- Increased hidden income bonus to 1500 in GC (was already 1500 in other campaigns), lowered imperium 1/2 income bonuses to compensate
- Improved AI bonus to corruption management and unit upkeep/cost a bit.
- Added new AI bonus that increases building income for them. This should provide a small income bonus that gets better as they expand.
- Reduced upkeep on barracks buildings since AI seems to build/keep them often rather than dismantling after conquest.
- Small reduction to temple upkeep effects.
- Altered some more CAI building values to increase economic building in later game.
- Small increase to AI budget priority for armies.
- Small increase to empire maintenance at highest imperiums to compensate for various income changes.
- Reduced empire maintenance management character skill effects to prevent stacking and removing corruption as a mechanic.
- Increased income on all higher tier buildings a bit to make them more worthwhile.
- Lowered AI consumption of supplies a bit when in allied territory.
- Increased liberation diplomacy bonus again, increased war diplomacy negative.
- Made peace harder to get in certain situations, easier to get when faction is closer to defeat.
- Slight reduction to occupy PO penalty over time (had increased it too much earlier)
- Improved PO bonus on later tier temples for all factions a little. Now PO will go up a bit as you upgrade any temple.
- Made trade agreements easier to get if neutral+
- Slight increase to missile cavalry costs.
- Lowered overall political action occurrences a bit.
- Various unit cards updated.
- Fixed effects on barbarian minor warhorse farm buildings.
- Moved some Atropatkan units around in the population tiers.
- Fixed Atropatkan generals all having the same appearance in battles.
- Fixed missing name for rhodian marine unit.
- Fixed atropatkan heavy archer animation entry (shield disappear bug)
- Fixed Mauryan AI recruitment settings (new campaign only)
- Fixed a wonder having a negative rather than positive effect
- Fixed some incorrect recruitment entries in special capitals.
- Removed an incorrect general recruitment option from Mauryan roster.
- Moved nubian archer AOR unit up to tier 3 buildings.
- Increased AOR syrian archer morale
- Many stat fixes for various units.
- Scordisci units slightly buffed in some places, assigned proper hoplite/pike behaviour to phalanx using units
- Ranged damage slightly nerfed
- Added base armour of 1, increased armour value of 2 to 3 - for balance sake it is easier to manage damage if there is any armour present at all.
- Animation entry fixes here and there
- Ekdromoi Hoplites function as "Chase" hoplites, which was their historical role. They do not use phalanx but run very fast and have good charge.
- Attribute changes here and there
- Levy and regular barbarian units have much more chaotic spacing
- Arrow towers have slightly more arrows per volley and bigger range
- Small tweaks to fatigue system
- Units in woods have slightly better cover from projectiles
- Cavalry charge slightly buffed
Campaign AI Overhaul
- Lots of changes to campaign AI settings, see this thread for details: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?747461
- This will affect AI in save games (hopefully for the better)
- Changed Eastern forum market building to be a food building since they already have the spice market building.
- Added 2 new loading screens (thanks Tene!)
- Increased starting celtic culture in germania minor (new campaign only)
- Increased starting hellenic culture slightly in narbonensis (new campaign only)
- Increased money gained from sacking.
- Changed bonus ammunition effects to only affect missile units.
- Lowered imperium diplomacy penalties a bit for lower/mid imperium levels.
- Small reduction to attrition while sieging for attacker.
- Small reduction to foreign culture PO negative at lowest imperium levels.
- Small increase to income at lowest imperium levels to help small faction starts.
- Added/fixed various unit cards.
- Increased army cap by 2 at higher imperium levels.
- Increased navy cap by 1 at higher imperium levels.
- Lowered amount of battles required to level up political rank.
- Fixed Panormos emergent faction using Rome army names.
- Fixed Pergamon thorax hoplites missing phalanx ability.
- Changed Syracuse ruling party name to Hieronid.
- Changed starting Syracuse general name (new campaign only)
- Fixed incorrect text for one of Chiefdom government type's influence levels.
- Fixed a sword attribute group having the wrong hide type associated (grass instead of forest)
- Fixed Atropatkan roster missing ballista entries, fixed some mistakes in their recruitment entries
- Removed some vanilla naked troops from celtic rosters.
- Fixed stats for Massilian heavy marines.
- Fixed various african factions using eastern naval units, fixed their descriptions.
- Reverted Pella back to a normal major city for now due to a strange battle map bug (new campaign only).
- Fixed some minor faction character/navy skills
- Fixed pergamon ascelpius building missing effects
- Fixed special ports not properly acting as supply line centers.
- Fixed a Massilian unit missing from reforms.
- Fixed Rorarii missing in roman custom battle roster.
- Fixed Edetani and Lusitani missing AOR unit permissions.
- Fixed minor townships variants being too high priced.
- Fixed iberian garrison swords missing javelin models.
- Added armor to Thracian peltasts, improved shields of an AOR unit.
- Fixed bug where returning general to statesmen would level up his rank.
- Fixed incorrect recruitment settings for Massalian hoplites and Thorax hoplites.
- Fixed AI turn crash issue resulting from liberating basic barbarian minor towns.
- Small morale tweaks.
- Cavalry charge slightly better.
- Small changes to hoplite and pike spacing.
- Small changes to hoplite and pike formation bonuses.
- Fix praetorians having reversed upgrades
- Fixed egy citizen militia again just in case they are still invisible for some.
- Fixed some emergent factions having reform units for generals so they would spawn without a general.
- Fixed tier 5 sparta barracks missing effects
- Fixed a lot of incorrect German unit descriptions.
- Moved some German units around in barracks tiers.
- Fixed eastern slinger unit size
- Reverted some emergent faction general appearance changes for now.
- Altered some effects on the farm warhorse chain.
- Fixed voice entry for 2 carthage units.
- Fixed a script error causing a repeatable AI turn crash.
- Removed income negative at higher imperiums for now in case that was a crash cause. Increased higher imperium upkeep/corruption a bit to compensate for now.
- Changed thresholds for units going too fast into wavering state.
- Slightly new morale display. Units now can be between two morale statuses, for example steady and shaken will blink in turns, telling the player that unit is on the brink of lowering their morale.
- Increased movement range of nomad supply train units to equal infantry.
- Reverted war declaration diplomacy changes for now due to some odd behavior.
- Lessened some of the imperium penalties at imperium 3 to smooth the transition between 2 and 3.
- Removed culture negative at higher imperiums for now.
- Fixed some incorrect secondary emergent/rebel faction entries (new campaign only)
- Fixed legionary animations while running and out of ammo.
- Changed xp bonus on eastern temples to be more specific instead of all units.
- Fixed Boii noble unit holding spears incorrectly.
- Fixed champion skill missing some effects at higher tiers
- Fixed typo in garrison unit name
- Added better unit cards for 2 Agema cav units
- Lowered quartermaster ammo bonus.
- Fixed Armenian Nakharar unit attribute setting.
- Fixed a hoplite attribute group missing charge reflector
- Fixed AOR Paphlagonian cav unit officer standing on horse like a crazy man.
- Fixed Aux Roman Pannonian cav voice entry
- Fixed some Atropatkan unit population settings and barracks tiers
- Lowered some of the higher tier imperium effects from last update.
- Updated various unit cards.
- Changed some CAI budget and other entries to try to encourage larger empires to recruit better.
- Lowered diplomacy bonus for satrapy/client state treaty.
- Small reduction to Macedon's diplomacy negative trait.
- Fixed invisible egyptian garrison unit
- Moved Atropatkan cavalry in barracks tiers a bit.
- Fixed a missing effect on an eastern temple line.
- Reintroduced Client state/satrapy levy system for player. They should be restricted by reforms.
- Increased various imperium negatives at higher imperium levels to try to increase mid/late game difficulty. This will negatively impact current mid/late game income levels - you have been warned
- New Campaigns only: Added Pella and Knossos special capitals. Knossos battle map should now use a major port map rather than crashing. It will have walls so its not a perfect solution, but its better than the crashing broken battle map from vanilla.
- Added new upgrade tech for imperial Roman reforms to hopefully fix bug with that reform.
- Changed various emergent faction general appearances to add variety.
- Increased cost/upkeep of mercenary naval units.
- Moved various Iberian units around in recruitment buildings to make better use of barracks.
- Lowered some positive diplomacy values based on culture type.
- Increased AI food bonus to help prevent larger empires starving.
- Increased civil war chances at higher imperium levels, lowered political party power level by 10 for various chance levels.
- Turned script logging off for grand campaign, may improve performance a bit.
- Fixed roman units holding no weapon after using ammo.
- Fixed Corsican swordsmen weight classification
- Fixed AOR tarantine cav unit card missing flag.
- Changed some garrison unit names and effect text to try to prevent bug with missing building effect text.
- Fixed British factions being able to build basic celtic temples after last update.
- Fixed wrong pop unit size for an iberian unit.
- Fixed incorrect text for some government types.
- Added mercenary ships to red sea (new campaign only)
- Removed some wrong units from kartli custom battle roster.
- Changed pop tier class for an Armenian unit and an Atropatkan unit.
- Fixed Corscia/Sardinia emergent faction names.
- Fixed Edetani unit name being mistakenly greyed out in recruitment window.
- Fixed Iceni sword master unit bugged swords.
- Fixed name of Iberian mercenary unit.
- Fixed missing name of Edetani general (new campaign only)
- Fixed some unit names/descriptions
- Changed growth bar settings so it should be a bit more standard (will still move around some)
- Lowered armor for some citizen militia units.
- Changed Pontic sword unit to a unit that stays after reforms, fixed starting unit (had a thorax unit at start)
- Fixed an imperial Roman aux unit missing in Belgium.
- Fixed syracuse party colors being too similar in politics screen.
- Fixed 2 hoplite units missing disciplined trait.
- Fixed Atropatkan missing artillery recruitment.
- Changed Food Population growth modifier to look at local supply levels rather than overall faction food. This will change growth numbers in current save games.
- Changed better garrison units to override worse units. Will impact some garrisons in save games.
- Moved AOR subeshi archer unit to chorasmia region.
- Fixed 2 units missing heat resistance
- Fixed Meroe missing naval units.
- Fixed some invisible carthage units.
- Fixed Colchis wrong voices for some units.
- Changed 2 emergent faction emblems.
- Removed empty scabbards and extra pilum from Roman units.
- Fixed macedon agriculture stables effect.
- Changed Seleucid intro text to read Lydia rather than Sardes.
- Moved some british/caledonian/iweriu units around in barracks levels.
- Razing or Looting a settlement now results in less population once you take it and settler population won't arrive on the first turn.
- Reduced Razing's one turn positive PO bonus, changed over time bonus to small negative.
- Small increase to replenishment requirements for population system (reduced them a bit too much previously)
- Small increase to population class 1 base growth.
- Updated historical battles to use more varied DeI units.
- Fixed some factions not having access to new resource building chains.
- Fixed incorrect government types for various factions. This will shift their political party power effects in save games.
- Updated 3 late carthaginian units with improved textures.
- Fixed some of the forum slave building effects, fixed eastern tier 4 cost.
- Fixed early Triarii and Extraordinarii units missing phalanx ability, Late Triarii being classified incorrectly.
- Fixed 2 unit cards for some German units.
- Fixed German berserkers not holding weapons.
- Fixed a wrong building slot in Mac Wars region (new campaign only)
- Fixed wrong unit population size for caledonian clubmen.
- Changed some starting units for Syracuse in HatG (new campaign only)
- Changed frontend difficulty descriptions for factions to fit a bit better.
- Fixed an Epirus starting unit (new campaign only)
- Moved 2 indian AOR unit to farther east areas.
- Lowered armor value for african and arabian garrison horse skirmisher units.
- Changed Armenian starting general unit (new campaign only)
- Removed some basic celtic units from Massilia core roster.
- Fixed egypt citizen militia missing swords in combat.
- Changed Scordisci missions texts to the right faction name.
- Moved a pontic cav unit down one level in barracks.
- Added infantry unit for Mauryan commander options.
- Fixed missing javelin weapon entry for medewi unit.
- Increased PO bonus on some barbarian temples to match others.
- Changed Parthia starting stables to tier 1.
- Fixed some major towns losing walls and having wrong battle map when damaged.
- Lowered refresh rate of some elephant mercenaries in various spots.
- Fixed marine units on 2 late roman ships.
- Moved carthage HatG elephants off of commander units.
- Fixed a mistake in a year in history message.
- Flanking morale penalty taken out due to how messed up it was, rear attack penalty increased
- Slowed down combat a bit
- Increased staying power of levy units
- Hoplites more useful when in hoplite formation, less useful when out of it
- Increased fatigue penalties
- Barbarian spacing slightly more spread out on levy units
- Arrows have more realistic flying speed thanks to advice from Petellius
- Slightly increased shield missile block chance
- Fixed some units missing ammo entries.
- Fixed various units with incorrect animation entries, causing them to not be able to fire javelins.
- Added guerilla deployment to 2 missile units missing it.
- Changed flank attack warning to "formation breached"
- Changed Replenishment population system - lowered the amount of population it was looking for, fixed it disabling replenishment for the whole region.
- Small increase to AI tendency to declare war.
- Increased chances of vassals rebelling, especially when they hate their overlord.
- Slightly lowered diplomatic bonus for making peace.
- Small decrease to some AI bonuses, especially at lower difficulty levels.
- Added units to Pyrrhus' starting army if player is Syracuse to help that faction a bit with Rome (based on difficulty level, probably only for new campaigns)
- Increased diplomacy penalties a bit at higher imperium levels.
- Small player bonus income at lowest difficulty levels.
- Small decrease to how much overcrowding affects population tier 1, small increase to min settler bonus for tier 1 (when there is 0 pop)
- Updated all emergent faction spawn rosters with mostly local core units rather than garrison units.
- Fixed city building disappearing when razed again (hopefully got them all this time!)
- Fixed hoplites holding sword and shield in hand during combat.
- Fixed Ephesus emergent faction emblem
- Greyed out Roman baggage train names from later reforms in recruitment window
- Changed population class of 2 steppe units
- Changed an effect for one of the spy traits
- Shortened Ostia effect text so it takes up less room in Rome's building tab
- Added message indicating Rome/Carthage escalation script toward war is beginning when Rome secures southern italy
- Fixed kartli's political party power colors (2 were the same)
- Fixed Hellenic civil town tier 2 missing income
- Fixed some units missing from population assignments
- Fixed Pergamon's effect bundle emblem image being the old one.
- Altered some starting political party power levels to better balance them (new campaign only)
- Fixed some effects on eastern buildings.
- Fixed saka reform text mistake.
- Fixed a missing event image.
- Fixed various greek factions/emergent factions being able to confederate (should only be core greek factions)
- Fixed various building effects that were wrong when building was damaged.
- Fixed carthage port effect having a wrong entry
- Various text fixes for units and a year in history message.
- Changed pop replenishment deactivated effect bundle and mouseover text to better explain it.
- Lowered some vanilla variables for assassination.
- Fixed Medewi and Nabatea missing supply baggage train units.
- Changed Etruscan faction name for both main and emergent factions.
- Fixed some unit sizes being wrong in terms of population cost for Iberians and Thracians.
- Added weapon/armor workshops to technology UI (can't have all buildings, wouldn't fit)
- Fixed 2 missing unit cards.
- Fixed not being able to convert special capital buildings to their other types at tier 3/4
- Fixed effect scope for raiding siege holdout reduction being wrong type. Effect should work now.
- Changed "overcrowding" text to "Overcrowding/Base Growth" to better explain that population growth modifier.
1.2.01 January 7th
- Negative 5% to hoplite melee attack penalty when in formation (Lowered from 30% to 25%)
- Replaced elephant berserk with run amok for now, until we properly balance them
- UI Changes - added ammo count to melee and spear infantry
- Weapon deadliness taken away from the UI of all units classes except melee infantry
- Added bonus vs elephants in UI of melee infantry
- Added bonus vs elephants and cav in UI of spear infantry
- Small tweaks to morale
- Fixed minor township buildings missing after razing. This fix will mean there will be 2 versions when converting level 1 minor towns for technical reasons.
- Slight increase to cost for missile cavalry units.
- Increased Mercenary cost by 25%, reduced upkeep by 25%
- Fixed some wall/road effects being 0 when building is damaged (caused walls to disappear, woops!)
- Changed barracks recruitment tiers for various british troops
- Small increase to imperium 1/2 income bonuses to help smaller faction starts
- Fixed Egyptian level 1 temples missing some effects.
- Fixed various unit names and descriptions for Syracuse.
- Trimmed down Syracuse roster to remove some copy AOR units.
- Fixed some playable factions having missing % "senator" text on their politics screen.
- Removed an incorrect unit in Sparta's campaign roster.
- Fixed multiple incorrect recruitment entries for eastern minor towns tier 3/4
- Added missing faction emblem for 2 emergent factions.
- Changed faction emblem for some emergent factions so they are different from starting factions.
- Fixed iron/copper tier 3 trade versions having too many garrison units
- Fixed Edetani nobles unit size
- Fixed Baktria leader having wrong name (new campaign only)
- Limited indo-hellenic AOR units to farther eastern areas
- Small bump to Roman/hellenic level 2 farm income (was same as level 1)
- Small decrease to upkeep for level 1 temples
- Fixed Baktrian archer charge bonus
- Fixed missing unit card entry for an african archer unit
- Added sicilian AOR unit to Syracuse AOR group so they cost pop 3 instead of pop 4.
- Changed Rome's selection difficulty to "normal" on faction selection screen.
- See Preview thread
- Population system added
- Battle overhaul - hoplites/pikes improved, formation attack removed, animations and overall battle dynamics vastly improved
- New Grand campaign scenario and map added
- Many new playable factions and roster overhauls
- New unit cards for many units, still WIP
- Buildings/income overhaul - new special region buildings
- New trait system
- New politics system
- Improvements and variations added to minor and major faction rosters across the board.
- Specialized starts for some player factions based on difficulty level.
- Improved load times for save games and from battle to campaign.
- Too many to list! Seriously, hundreds of minor fixes and changes across the board to polish the mod.
- The best way to understand this update is to try it - simple as that!
Work in Progress
- We are still working on the beta to include new features and will be actively tracking and fixings bugs and problems.
- Some features still WIP - Hellenic factions overhaul for various rosters, Tribal unification idea, client state levies reintroduced, and other ideas also