Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SSHIP Tweaks - mini-mods compilation by TM (for 0.9.2)

Default Re: SSHIP Tweaks - mini-mods compilation by TM

Well that's sad, it says there's an error... Who's Tomek? Why project? Huh?
    Attachment 353768
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    PatcherEngine initialization started ...PatcherEngine initialization done
    App version: 1.3.0
    Working directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Program started.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Features enabled: no conflicts detected.
    PatcherEngine: Patching process has started ...
    PatcherEngine: Restore & clean Backup started ...
    BackupEngine: Restoring all files from [c:\Tomek\Projects\SSHIP-Tweaks\SSHIP-Tweaks-Res\Backup] into [c:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP-TM]
    Unhandled Error: Source 'c:\Tomek\Projects\SSHIP-Tweaks\SSHIP-Tweaks-Res\Backup' does not exist, stopped
    Exception: Source 'c:\Tomek\Projects\SSHIP-Tweaks\SSHIP-Tweaks-Res\Backup' does not exist
    class java.io.FileNotFoundException
    Stack trace:
    Class: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils, method: copyDirectory, line: 1368 in File: FileUtils.java
    Class: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils, method: copyDirectory, line: 1261 in File: FileUtils.java
    Class: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils, method: copyDirectory, line: 1230 in File: FileUtils.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.BackupEngine, method: restoreBackup, line: 46 in File: BackupEngine.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.PatcherEngine, method: restoreCleanBackup, line: 25 in File: PatcherEngine.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.PatcherEngine, method: Patch, line: 119 in File: PatcherEngine.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.app.ApplyFeaturesWorker, method: doInBackground, line: 22 in File: ApplyFeaturesWorker.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.app.ApplyFeaturesWorker, method: doInBackground, line: 15 in File: ApplyFeaturesWorker.java
    Class: javax.swing.SwingWorker$1, method: call, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: java.util.concurrent.FutureTask, method: run, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: javax.swing.SwingWorker, method: run, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor, method: runWorker, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker, method: run, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: java.lang.Thread, method: run, line: -1 in File: null
    BackupEngine: Restoring all files from [c:\Tomek\Projects\SSHIP-Tweaks\SSHIP-Tweaks-Res\Backup] into [c:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP-TM]
    Unhandled Error: Source 'c:\Tomek\Projects\SSHIP-Tweaks\SSHIP-Tweaks-Res\Backup' does not exist, stopped
    Exception: Source 'c:\Tomek\Projects\SSHIP-Tweaks\SSHIP-Tweaks-Res\Backup' does not exist
    Stack trace:
    Class: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils, method: copyDirectory, line: 1368 in File: FileUtils.java
    Class: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils, method: copyDirectory, line: 1261 in File: FileUtils.java
    Class: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils, method: copyDirectory, line: 1230 in File: FileUtils.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.BackupEngine, method: restoreBackup, line: 46 in File: BackupEngine.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.PatcherEngine, method: restoreCleanBackup, line: 25 in File: PatcherEngine.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.PatcherEngine, method: Patch, line: 119 in File: PatcherEngine.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.app.ApplyFeaturesWorker, method: doInBackground, line: 22 in File: ApplyFeaturesWorker.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.app.ApplyFeaturesWorker, method: doInBackground, line: 15 in File: ApplyFeaturesWorker.java
    Class: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor, method: runWorker, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker, method: run, line: -1 in File: null

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyFogFiggy View Post
    Hey there! Sounds like a very great mini-mod, I'm actually trying it out right now! But I was wondering, as it is something that trouble me since the beginning of time, will you ever add a re-emergence script? I like to conquer and all, but what I would better like is like the roman empire, more my empire grows and more unstable it becomes, so I'd really like to have to fight re emerging faction. And also to make the unstability of my empire earlier (not just when I'm already at 45 settlements or more, more like after 15-20 let's say?). Anyway, waiting for your feedback about this, i know there is some thread speaking about shadow faction or something, making it instead of having rebel emerging, it's the dead faction. Anyway, thanks a lot for your time and dedication!
    The re-emergence script is already included in SSHIP since v0.8.2 or v0.8.3 in 2014 (can't remember exactly)
    I'd also recommend you to be patient. We're not 24/7 on line. If you encounter an issue, just report it and wait for the answer.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hey Tmodelsk,

Very cool thing you've got here. I was wondering about a mini-mod that I don't see listed in your tweak package, but that I figured the various modders here present might be able to guide me to (if it exists). Are there any 4 turns per year mini-mods for SSHIP out there? I am thinking of writing an AAR using SSHIP, but like the pacing to be a bit slower for purposes of character development. Any suggestions would be most welcome!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Hey Tmodelsk,

Very cool thing you've got here. I was wondering about a mini-mod that I don't see listed in your tweak package, but that I figured the various modders here present might be able to guide me to (if it exists). Are there any 4 turns per year mini-mods for SSHIP out there? I am thinking of writing an AAR using SSHIP, but like the pacing to be a bit slower for purposes of character development. Any suggestions would be most welcome!
    (excuse tmodelsk, pls, if he doesn't answer - he seems to off-line for a while. Just a thought from my department: 4TPY requires also changes in the EDCT as triggers are calibrated for 2TPY. AFAIK, nobody has tweaked the SSHIP EDCT to fit 4TPY. You obviously can play with it, but the generals are likely to get the traits to the extreme. This might be fun if you fancy it)
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Just a thought from my department: 4TPY requires also changes in the EDCT as triggers are calibrated for 2TPY. AFAIK, nobody has tweaked the SSHIP EDCT to fit 4TPY. You obviously can play with it, but the generals are likely to get the traits to the extreme.
    Yeah, that's why I asked, because I know that it would have to be a proper mod and not simply a little "tweak" to what is there. Triggers have to be changed, movement points lowered, replenishment rates altered, and all building times increased as well. It only really involves a doubling or halving of values, but it demands that everywhere, which is a work its own. Too bad there isn't something like that out there.

JoC, I know you also play Broken Crescent; is that 2 or 4 turns per year? I really want to do an AAR focusing on the Holy Land, but with 4 tpy, and thought that might also be a potential mod to base it on.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Yeah, that's why I asked, because I know that it would have to be a proper mod and not simply a little "tweak" to what is there. Triggers have to be changed, movement points lowered, replenishment rates altered, and all building times increased as well. It only really involves a doubling or halving of values, but it demands that everywhere, which is a work its own. Too bad there isn't something like that out there.

JoC, I know you also play Broken Crescent; is that 2 or 4 turns per year? I really want to do an AAR focusing on the Holy Land, but with 4 tpy, and thought that might also be a potential mod to base it on.
    EDCT - it's more complicated than only lowering values. eg. sometimes you've to age limits, which in coding are expressed in years (so these are not points, but conditions). Or you may indeed have traits in conditions. In the M2TW it's much more laborious to switch to 4TPY than it's in the R2TW or ATW.

BC is also 2TPY. You may learn about the details of that mod (and the pitfalls, be aware of the siege mechanics) from my review.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Not to mention all the events that need to be re-worked as well to happen at the right time
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Can anyone help me out?

Well that's sad, it says there's an error... Who's Tomek? Why project? Huh?
    Attachment 353768
    PatcherEngine initialization started ...PatcherEngine initialization done
    Working directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Program started.
    Stack trace:
    Stack trace:

Civis

You have to have whole folder "sship tweaks" in ss6.3 . When extracted you didn't include it instead you took files out

No I didn't. I've done exactly as instructed. I'm not at my first mod, I get how it should be install. Thanks anyway for your time.

Excellent mod! It brings to the campaign an interesting level of challenge...don't forget to update it!

Thanks from me, its a pretty comprehensive compilation. I just wanted to add the "Faction names back English form" mod, if I disable the "Authentic faction names & character titles" which uses the same file and used the English one, wold there be any other conflicts?

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thank you for the wonderful creation!
    There is a problem unfortunately: the supply submod with in the TWEAK compilation is not working. It has part of the supply features of BGR that seems like a wonderful boost to the game's realism. Unfortunately the current Supply submod it crashes the game in the mid of the first three turns (I tested it many time - no way could the game pass the first three turns. I had spent hours testing all the optional submods upon encountering crashes and was able to zoom it in on the supply system. I am pretty sure it's the supply system that causes the crash. Even if all other submods are de-selected, the crashes still occur. If the supply system is turned off, no more crashes). I am there therefore reporting the problem here. (there is not log entry for it, since it's the "unspecified error" situation.)

Additionally, does anyone have any idea where to find this submod's original standalone page? since it's within TWEAK's complied list of optional submods, I assume it's developed by someone else and is likely to have an independent page where there may be an update. (Or at least I could report the problem directly to the developer). Do anyone know where it is or have any information in this regard? Thanks!

Strange, I was playing with the same supply mod selected for 80 turns and no crashes.

I tweaked the cost to 1500 instead of 3000 and used an even bigger bonus for AI, but thats it.

TheMrVister's Avatar Foederatus

Hello. I need help with my SSHIP with submods. Could anyone help me, please?

My system.log file - it views when sometimes I click my diplomat character, but not always
    16:52:07.402 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:52:07.402 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    16:52:07.402 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:52:07.402 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:52:07.402 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:52:07.402 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:52:07.402 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:52:07.402 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:52:16.279 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 522, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <steward_effects_desc>.
    16:52:16.279 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 525, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <steward_france>.
    16:52:16.279 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 562, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <steward_greek_effects_desc>.
    16:52:16.279 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 565, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <chamberlain>.
    16:52:27.810 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    16:53:17.097 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 270 : denmark, NotGeneral InEnemyRegion 1
    16:53:17.097 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 281 : denmark, General, ArmySize2, InEnemyRegion 1
    16:53:28.433 [game.script] [always] Fate rum BONUS 3000fl Sultanate of Rum expansion for RegionRange, years [1132,1430], regions [1,10]
    16:53:28.443 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 135 : rum, NotGeneral InEnemyRegion 0
    16:54:04.449 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 225 : turks, Captain
    16:54:16.398 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 225 : hre, Captain
    16:54:29.520 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

My submods

The patcher crashes when applying changes, gives the following error. Is this minimod steam only? Because i'm pretty sure i installed it properly as per the wiki.

Code:
    PatcherEngine initialization started ...
    PatcherEngine initialization done
    Working directory: C:\Program Files\Medieval 2 Total War Gold\mods\SSHIP\SSHIP-Tweaks
    Program started.
    BackupEngine: Restoring all files from [.\Backup] into [.\..]
    BackupEngine: Backup is restored.
    BackupEngine: Cleaning backup directory [.\Backup]
    BackupEngine: Backup is purged.
    PatcherEngine: Restore & clean Backup done
    PatcherEngine: Found 1 features to apply
    Unhandled Error: C:\Program Files\Medieval 2 Total War Gold\mods\SSHIP\SSHIP-Tweaks\mySettings.xml (Accès refusé), stopped
    Exception: C:\Program Files\Medieval 2 Total War Gold\mods\SSHIP\SSHIP-Tweaks\mySettings.xml (Accès refusé)
    Stack trace: 
    Class: java.io.FileOutputStream, method: open0, line: -2 in File: null
    Class: java.io.FileOutputStream, method: open, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: java.io.FileOutputStream, method: <init>, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: java.io.FileOutputStream, method: <init>, line: -1 in File: null
    Class: org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister, method: write, line: 1198 in File: Persister.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.userSettings.SettingsRepository, method: saveSettings, line: 25 in File: SettingsRepository.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.userSettings.SettingsEngine, method: saveSettings, line: 33 in File: SettingsEngine.java
    Class: tm.mtwModPatcher.lib.engines.PatcherEngine, method: Patch, line: 128 in File: PatcherEngine.java

Hello
    Some questions/remarks regarding possible additions?

1- has anyone managed to link population to tax rates? or even to general income in a city? like, if your population is low, you get a negative multiplier for all your incomes in that town (0.3, 05 etc). That would make you think twice about exterminate the inhabitants of a city
    2- Similarily, has anyone managed to link population to resplenishment? (less troops avaible from a decimated population)
    3- Is there any way to limit gifting settlement in unhistorical ways?
    4- I had courts envoy spawned in a town after I gave it to a faction. On battle they crash, so I guess thats a bug and they should never spawn as unit, but only as an agent?
    5- what do you think of cav charges ? they seems really op to me, especially vs spears. Medium tier spears standing still will get DECIMATED by a frontal charge of knights. Not sure if its right
    cheers
    Last edited by lequintal69; November 30, 2018 at 06:55 AM.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    5- what do you think of cav charges ? they seems really op to me, especially vs spears. Medium tier spears standing still will get DECIMATED by a frontal charge of knights. Not sure if its right
    cheers
    History/reality wise - yes, it's perfectly right Gameplay wise is a whole other thing

No I didn't. I've done exactly as instructed. I'm not at my first mod, I get how it should be install. Thanks anyway for your time.
    I got the same error and I simply ran the JAR file again and selected the tweaks I wanted again and it worked.

Ive just installed SSHIP tweaks and i cannot apply any changes nor restore backup, i got a message: Error: Unhandled exception Source 'c:\Tomek\Projects\SSHIP-Tweaks\SSHIP-Tweaks-Res\Backup' does not exist. I can remember that I installed the mod around half year ago and i had no problem such as this. Also, I cannot change Size Multi in Very Huge Unit Scale Options, the value keeps on 0.75, although I can change Base Cost Multi and Update Costs\Update Replenish Rates. Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast