Page 71 of 378 FirstFirst ... 214661626364656667686970717273747576777879808196121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 7559

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Is there any way to incorporate a flutist into each unit of hoplites and/or pikes, like how each unit in Empire and Napoleon TW had a drummer? Lots of ancient Greek art depicts them behind the phalanx. I know nothing about modding so if this is impossible, no problem.

I wish we could...Ancient greek salpix would be the bet for hellenics. There's one in the ottoman empire (ETW) that could fit for them. also there's a mod called "reinstated" wich has a nice trumpeter for the romans.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    I wish we could...Ancient greek salpix would be the bet for hellenics. There's one in the ottoman empire (ETW) that could fit for them. also there's a mod called "reinstated" wich has a nice trumpeter for the romans.
    The Roman Trumpet in this mod looks epic indeed.
    I wish we could integrate it somehow.

So yesterday I was defending a fort against 15,000 Tulungi and I was uncertain if I could pull it off. After I won the amount of kills I got was pretty low, only 5,500. Then I noticed that they had lost over 10,000! That means that the fort towers killed over 4,500! Doesn't that seem excessively powerful? Also I think that the towers were shooting my men in the back and killing plenty of them as well.

I feel like slingers and skirmishers are a bit weak in 1.2. I flanked giant blobs of 5-6 units with 3 units of slingers for the entire 20 minutes of the battle and they didn't even get 200 kills each. Like, they were literally slingin' stones for 20 minutes on the enemies back. I also had 2 units of naval skirmishers that I landed and did the same thing with, and they didn't do much better.

I think in general the slingers got like 3-5 kills each per volley, which feels ridiculously low, especially since I've had great success in previous versions of DeI when I've flanked with skirmishers often getting upwards to 500 kills on one unit.

http://imgur.com/a/3PX0h

I think in general the slingers got like 3-5 kills each per volley
    Sounds about right for guys basically throwing rocks at armored infanry

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Considering that slingers get constantly described as overpowered or underpowered, I think they are in the right place. Also unit quality means a lot. Basic slingers, javelins are some of the cheapest units you can get and amount of kills you got was very good for such unit (also they wounded others).
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

That number of kills is pretty decent considering you flanked them.
    Honestly I think BAI is polished at it's peak.

Hi ,

Thanks for the great mod .

I played as Pontus for like 150 turns and managed to capture Asia minor and stop Rome . There are some ideas that I'd like to share :

The first one is the quotes that I've already mentioned in this thread .

The second thing that caught my eye was Pontus' culture . Isn't Pontus supposed to be a mixture of Persian-Hellenic cultures . I don't know if it's possible to implement a new culture , if yes then it would make Pontus a very unique faction . the other way could be giving the player the choice to choose which culture to follow at the beginning of the game .

I also noticed that most factions now have 4 parties , since total war games lack challenge in mid/late campaigns , I was wondering if it could be possible to make Roman style civil wars . I mean instead of having only one rebel party the empire be divided between the parties within a faction either based on the generals or cities .

The other thing that came in my mind is about the factions that have lost their homeland . Since Rome 2 lacks hording option it would be better to either reduce the attrition rate or keep it off as long as the faction has money in their treasury .

Sorry for the long comment .

Great mod really improves Rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by tankbustaaa View Post
    Great mod really improves Rome 2
    Thanks for the support! We really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Don't you ever underestimate the power of bacterial infections bro.

P.S
    We're just teasing you mate.
    Oh that's why their cav were falling like flies

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Don't think i've posted in this thread -- because 95% of my experience has been incredible.

Couple things in the 5%:

Unit spacing should be looked at, especially with hoplites. They are so bunched together that once fighting begins they often (not always, but often) end up blobbing pretty badly. They are also so packed together that they are essentially flanked immediately by any enemy unit that's of a regular size and spacing. Also, I've noticed many times where they appear to not be fighting at all. They have this high defense and won't suffer many casualties, but there's 1 or 2 or 6.5 guys fighting and 100+ just standing there.

More on spacing. Hoplites should be 8 ranks deep, and phalangites should be 16 ranks deep.... or an equivalent rank for whatever player chosen unit size. But note that on the largest size, you already have phalangites exactly as Polybius and others described at 256 men. They're just not in a square of 16 by 16. Yes, players can make them that way (a huge pain) but we can do nothing about the AI units.

Just had my first CTD's one after the other in Carthage campaign, after playing two long(ish) campaigns with none. One time on selecting a dignitary's newly earned skill. And one time attempting to disband a general and send him back to the capitol.

In no way I want hoplite spacing to be touched. They are perfect right now. I want them tight as they had the tightest formation of the game. Remember they overlap their Shields so the closest we get to that idea the better without bobbing wich they don't. Learn to manage them as I do and you will have no problems. And for God sake don't leave them on the flanks lol

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    In no way I want hoplite spacing to be touched. They are perfect right now. I want them tight as they had the tightest formation of the game. Remember they overlap their Shields so the closest we get to that idea the better without bobbing wich they don't. Learn to manage them as I do and you will have no problems. And for God sake don't leave them on the flanks lol
    Agree, they are excellent now. Useful but limited.

i cant play this mod i have some black screen issue only in batlles im just using dei no other mod

Quote Originally Posted by montenegro2006 View Post
    i cant play this mod i have some black screen issue only in batlles im just using dei no other mod
    Do the battles not load? Or they load but go to black screen? A couple things to try - check the data folder for any other mods. Even if not activated, they can still be active. Reverify the game cache in Steam. Check your antivirus software, sometimes that interferes with battles for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Don't think i've posted in this thread -- because 95% of my experience has been incredible.

Couple things in the 5%:

Unit spacing should be looked at, especially with hoplites. They are so bunched together that once fighting begins they often (not always, but often) end up blobbing pretty badly. They are also so packed together that they are essentially flanked immediately by any enemy unit that's of a regular size and spacing. Also, I've noticed many times where they appear to not be fighting at all. They have this high defense and won't suffer many casualties, but there's 1 or 2 or 6.5 guys fighting and 100+ just standing there.

More on spacing. Hoplites should be 8 ranks deep, and phalangites should be 16 ranks deep.... or an equivalent rank for whatever player chosen unit size. But note that on the largest size, you already have phalangites exactly as Polybius and others described at 256 men. They're just not in a square of 16 by 16. Yes, players can make them that way (a huge pain) but we can do nothing about the AI units.

Just had my first CTD's one after the other in Carthage campaign, after playing two long(ish) campaigns with none. One time on selecting a dignitary's newly earned skill. And one time attempting to disband a general and send him back to the capitol.
    Sometimes disbanding can cause crashes, but if you are getting crashes while clicking on elements I would try reverifying your game cache. Sometimes that solves it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

can you make hopilites be cheaper than Pikes, or Pikes be more expensive than hopilites...

I made a little test w/ a Hippeis(Spartan) vs a Pezhetairoi
    Be Aware that the Hippeis has more men in the unit than other Hopilites units
    The Pezhetairoi won against a the Hippeis, which is a 150(300) man unit against the 128(256) from the Pike unit
    In the First Test the my unit did not charged, and was in Phalanx, which made it lose a little bit of melee attack and (because of a bug) defense. the Hippeis got 2 kills, but they lost the combat after that
    In the Second Test the Hippeis almost won the Combat, but lost in the End, in this test they were not using the Phalanx formation, and did charge. but the second test also lasted longer

thanks dresden time to enyoy this awesome mod it was stupid antivirus

Quote Originally Posted by gerfand View Post
    can you make hopilites be cheaper than Pikes, or Pikes be more expensive than hopilites...

I made a little test w/ a Hippeis(Spartan) vs a Pezhetairoi
    Be Aware that the Hippeis has more men in the unit than other Hopilites units
    The Pezhetairoi won against a the Hippeis, which is a 150(300) man unit against the 128(256) from the Pike unit
    In the First Test the my unit did not charged, and was in Phalanx, which made it lose a little bit of melee attack and (because of a bug) defense. the Hippeis got 2 kills, but they lost the combat after that
    In the Second Test the Hippeis almost won the Combat, but lost in the End, in this test they were not using the Phalanx formation, and did charge. but the second test also lasted longer
    Pikes are a hard-counter to hoplites. So pikes winning vs hoplites is how its supposed to be. They have basically the same weapons, but pikes are longer, meaning the spear hoplite couldnt touch a pike unit.

Also, pikes vs sword using hoplites, pikes would win too, as hoplites arent skilled at using swords, and their swords are so short it would be a disadvantage overall.

Pikes are the best unit for fighting frontally. Hoplites are second best. The only thing that dominates pikes from the front are 2Handed sword units(thracian warriors or britan claymores).

Pikes are the best frontally, but are terrible when flanked(due to their low base stats) - When a pikeman gets flanked, switches to his sword, which removes the pike formation bonus to that particular man(and each man who has to switch to use a sword).

Hoplites are the second best unit in a frontal fight... however their base stats(when out of phalanx) are higher than pike units... so they can handle being flanked better, despite using swords.

So what you describe is as intended.