Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Warhammer: Beginning of The End Times - "A Struggle for the Old World"-WIP: (1.1 submod)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Call Of Warhammer: Beginning of The End Times - Expanded Elves Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Grauman View Post
    If the mod is so obsolete.

I think I can put the project on ice.

Maybe you'll do something better at some point.
    It's still a huge improvement over 1.1 - but compared to the 1.5 i don't know
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Call Of Warhammer: Beginning of The End Times - Expanded Elves Edition!

I think if I'm honest, you should continue the mod.

The next are certain unit slots left.

Have also many units cut out.

I think if I'm honest, you should continue the mod.

The next are certain unit slots left.

Have also many units cut out.
    I may at least balance the elven rosters as well as the others and then release it as an alternative sub-submod with the old map etc.

I don't think i have the time to modify the new version - as i am busy with many mods/submods. I just wanna fix some balancing issues and touch up the gameplay a little. Then i may actually release it for anyone who loves Elves and the Sundering.

But.. The original idea was to add other factions also such as the Dwarves and Tomb Kings but i don't know if i will finish it like that.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 01, 2017 at 04:46 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I have an idea, you can still remove units from the DOW.

So you should make enough space to convert your Mod correctly.

I even think so far to remove the faction and remove many units around.

The Minorfaction also have a smaller Roster.

I have an idea, you can still remove units from the DOW.

So you should make enough space to convert your Mod correctly.

I even think so far to remove the faction and remove many units around.

The Minorfaction also have a smaller Roster.
    Excuse me, but i don't really get what your saying - DOW faction?

I am removing those merc units and un-important units for humans mostly. But yeah, i can't remove much more unless i remove a whole faction.

I am thinking maybe i should change this mod altogether and remove all the BotET units from Sundering-factions. And only preserve factions not in the Sundering - that way it could be transformed into "The Struggle for the old world".

- The Havamal

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Excuse me, but i don't really get what your saying - DOW faction?

I am removing those merc units and un-important units for humans mostly. But yeah, i can't remove much more unless i remove a whole faction.

I am thinking maybe i should change this mod altogether and remove all the BotET units from Sundering-factions. And only preserve factions not in the Sundering - that way it could be transformed into "The Struggle for the old world".
    DOW is Dogs of War
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    DOW is Dogs of War
    I see, it's some work removing them i'd guess and i am overburdened. But sure - i'd rather have more of other factions.

- The Havamal

Mr_Nygren@ Atthias has already replied for me ^ ^

The Struggle for the old world?

This is already worked, but even if you do it is not a huge effort?

Mr_Nygren@ Atthias has already replied for me ^ ^

The Struggle for the old world?

This is already worked, but even if you do it is not a huge effort?
    It would take alot of effort - but using the BotET-mod as a base - the map and factions not in the Sundering are already there - like the Lizardmen, Sylvania etc.

It would basically be me just replacing the rosters who exists in both mods with the Sundering dito's - giving us a huge old world campaign with all the Sundering factions never in use in a campaign before - the Elves would be one High elven faction but have access to all the units as either individual units or upgrades.

Currently though - the mod is more of a blend of the two mods with much of both in the factions seen in the Sundering. I'd guess i will need to change it to make it more legit as a "ASftOW"-campaign.

The positive note is that the mod is greatly helped by the use of BotET as a base for it. As i wouldn't want to create an entire mod from scratch, but rather just get those awesome unused custom battle-rosters into a campaign the size of BotET.

The good news is i have gotten access to my old version from oct or nov.

The issue with me making it a separate mod is the permissions are uncertain - by making it the "A Struggle for the Old World"-mod with BotET as a base - i believe it would be more legit - as The Sundering-team wanted such a project finished with these rosters. And i am basically finishing their project by using BotET as a base for it then - and then adding their cool Sundering Dark Elves, High Elves, Dwarves, Orcs & Goblins, Tomb Kings, Reikland, Britannia and Skaven.

We'll see about getting this done.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 27, 2017 at 02:01 PM.

- The Havamal

Great News!

So what is the status atm, when will the first version be available for download ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caine-7 View Post
    So what is the status atm, when will the first version be available for download ?
    I worked on it yesterday and added quite a few of the heroes from 1.5 to the Chaos, High Elven, Dark Elven, Britannia and Wood Elven factions - i did also fix some stuff regarding the Wood Elves so now they do have King Orion as their leader and Ariel as the Queen/heir.

I tried using total commander and adding the new balance to almost half the units but something went bad and like two hours were lost for nothing. I think i am going to just re-balance the factions i have modified which are the Elven factions, Britannia and Chaos. I don't have that much time to mod though as i will not be at home with the older computer on ordinary days and will therefore only work on mods like this on weekends when i get home.

To answer your question, the first release should be ready after i have re-balanced the modified factions (they are currently overpowered compared to the old factions) and playtested the mod. I probably would want to remove the possibility for Chaos Undivided to recruit all types of demons early on - in order to give individual Chaos factions the upper hand at the beginning while Undivided will be strongest in the end-game. Currently though they are the strongest from the get-go.

I worked on this for over four weeks in the summer of 2016, and i mean like 17h a day weeks, like seven days a week. So i want to finish it - just not sure if it's gonna be a submod or released as an SftOW-campaign beta. Not really sure.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Call Of Warhammer: Beginning of The End Times - Expanded Elves Edition! (1.1 submod)

This mod is basically finished, but due to it's enormous size i will need to remove unused assets in order to make the size smaller - it needs to be at the most 8GB in size and is currently at 9gb+.

- There are alot of unused assets in the files though..

I will now tell you guys more about the changes going forward, as well as upload two videos - this mod is for Call of Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times version 1.1.

- Yes, it's outdated compared to 1.5 but alot better than 1.1 in my opinion.

- Changed factions are Brittania, Wood Elves, High Elves, the Dark Elves and slightly Chaos.

Due to uncertainties with permissions i will also need to ask around and see if what i have is enough or not. New units are GW property and from Warhammer Online - however the units were also riged and implemented into medieval II by Kolwen for the Sundering mod.

That's why it's not 100% certain as he hasn't been around but one of his teammates and current leader of BotET said if he as ex-member of their team could give out permissions he would say yes. Both Tomdoof and WhiffOfGrapeshot has said yes to a submod of BotET - and Whiff said if it was up to him i could also use Sundering units. However, he also said that Call of Warhammer and BotET also is using some Sundering material - and Sundering was also a submod of Call of Warhammer just like BotET in the beginning.

Anyway - here are the pics of the four main factions - High Elves and Dark Elves have been mostly worked on and the others were finished a long time ago. I started this submod in may 2016 and was going to release it back in the summer that year.

- It is still better than 1.1 and has different rosters compared to 1.5 for these four factions. Of course i would still say Brittania and the Wood Elves are better in 1.5.

- High Elves and Dark Elves is another matter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-01-16 15-58-07-457.jpg   kingdoms 2018-01-16 16-54-24-991.jpg   kingdoms 2018-01-16 16-37-39-586.jpg   kingdoms 2018-01-16 16-34-57-902.jpg  

- The Havamal

Default Re: Call Of Warhammer: Beginning of The End Times - Expanded Elves Edition! (1.1 submod)

Warhammer: BotET 1.1 Submod: Expanded Elves Edition: Britonnia VS Wood Elves!

"My submod of Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times version 1.1 - which should have been released back in the summer of 2016 but wasn't.- I did finish it now because i wanted to play it myself. - In order to upload a download i need first to make the size smaller as it's too big - and second i need to clarify if i have good enough permissions or not.This is a preview video of the Wood Elves fighting the Britonnia faction.- I'd say both are improved compared to 1.1 and better, but compared to 1.5 they are still lacking a bit."

- The Havamal

YAY

I'm already looking forward to playing.

Warhammer: BotET 1.1 Submod: Expanded Elves Edition: Dark Elves VS High Elves!

"My submod of Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times version 1.1 - which should have been released back in the summer of 2016 but wasn't.- I did finish it now because i wanted to play it myself. - In order to upload a download i need first to make the size smaller as it's too big - and second i need to clarify if i have good enough permissions or not.This is a preview video of the Dark Elves fighting the High Elves.Personally i prefer the look of the Sundering High Elves and think their roster have been improved compared to both 1.1 and 1.5 - the Dark Ellves are using a mix of Sundering and unused BotET models. I think they look great in both mods, and i've keept the best models for this submod. - Some additional ones are armour variations not previewed.- I am sad the mod CTD in custom battles mid-battle without any explanation in the log at random times.. I did have similar issues with the old Elven units in Warcraft Total War - which was fixed by replacing them.. - I do not know for sure but maybe one armour variation or modeli is the cause.. I managed to play this whole battle - but the superior ones crashed before finish.- Campaign seems stable, so it's just when using large numbers of HE and DE against each other in custom battles for a reason unknown."

- The Havamal

Warhammer: BotET 1.1 Submod: Expanded Elves Edition: Dark Elves Let's Play part 1!

"I am previewing my sub-submod for Call of Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times - called Expanded Elves Edition.- As it expands mostly on the dark Elves and the High Elves by using unused models from the files of BotET but especially the models found in the Sundering mod.- Britonnia and the Wood Elves are also improved compared to the old release.In this let's play i choose to play as the dark Elves, which is my favourite warhammer faction - of course the High Elves are their first main enemy so both these factions will be previewed. - Wood Elves and Britonnia is far away but i will probably invade their lands in due time unless i am defeated by the High Elves or others before that.Enjoy - this is also my first uploaded video of me talking. I usually never comment on my let's plays but are trying to change that. Also, i did the same before but never uploaded it - then i played as the Naga in warcraft: Total War in a very early campaign in july - but rosters weren't balanced back then and many lacked units."

PS: I think you can skip some of the talking because i had too high volume on the music so you can hardly here what i am saying anyway. I will lower it enough later, don't worry.

- The Havamal

Warhammer: BotET Submod: Expanded Elves Edition: Dark Elves Lets Play Part 2!

"The let's play continues where the last part left off, starting at the beginning of the battle.There will be three consecutive battles in this part with the same army. Hellebron do also move closer to the High Elven settlement on the Dark Elven homeland continent."

Warhammer: BotET 1.1 Submod: Expanded Elves Edition: Dark Elves Lets play Part 3!

"- The Dark Elves are now improving their economy by sending out merchants, building roads and otherwise doing what needs to be done in order to get the economy going. Then Hellebron finally reaches Arnheim and attacks it. It's guarded by few soldiers but they have a Griffon of Yvresse bodyguard.Enjoy!"

- The Havamal

Warhammer: BotET 1.1 Submod: Expanded Elves Edition: Dark Elves Lets play part 4!

"The fourth part of this let's playy.
    - The Dark Elves are getting lots of things done on the stratmap and close to the end there will be a battle starting against a rebel force outside of Arnheim - meanwhile many automatic resolves are fought on the High Elven continent against minor forces.
    - Hellebron is besieging another settlement for seven turns as well."

Warhammer: BotET 1.1 Submod Expanded Elves Edition: Dark Elves Lets Play Part 5!

"The let's play continues where the last one left off - at the start of the battle between the smaller Dark Elven army led by Kouran against the Dark Elven rebels outside the city of Arnheim.
    - After the battle Hellebron is assaulted at the seventh turn of her siege, as the army inside of the besieged city together with a new force decides to attack and sally out!
    Then rumour has it that a second High Elven army is also closing in on the besieged settlement and Hellebron - should she somehow win the first battle.
    She may have no choice but to take the battle to the enemy unless she wants to be surrounded."

Warhammer: BotET 1.1 Submod: Expanded Elves Edition: Dark Elves Lets Play part 6!

"- The dark Elven general Rakhhearth are involved in some battles, first attacking a slightly smaller High Elven force close to him - then getting attacked himself by a full army - ashis own troops are not even half an army anymore.. - Things look really grimbut the possibility of fleeing the battle is on the table, or fight to the end.."

- The Havamal

Warhammer: BotET 1.1 Submod: Expanded Elves Edition: Dark Elves lets play part 7!

"- Morathi, mother of Malekith the Witch King, - has now arrived to the front and is attacking a smaller High Elven force. It's her first battle using lots of Witch Elves, Daemonettes, Cauldrons of Blood and even Anakonda's Amazons in battle.
    - With her bodyguard of Sorceresses she is pretty dangerous."

- The Havamal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast