Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    Is there any way to get this without torrent? I try to avoid using it as much as possible.
    As long as you use the torrent file from the download here you don't have to be concerned - I can guarantee that I didn't add any malware, trojans or the like.
    If the last two times are anything to go by then we may have a 'regular' download at some stage - but I wouldn't hold my breath. I just don't have the bandwidth, or the reliability of it, to create one of this size myself.
    Using a torrent ensures that my initial upload\seed was 100% like the original and also allows others with the same restraints as me to download securely.

Quote Originally Posted by sevdam View Post
    Hello

Forgive my message is not very good but I'm French.

I installed the game for several (+ version 1.6 patch, and patches) unfortunately every time I launch a campaign, the game crashes at the end of the load and I have the traditional message sigma preserve us, etc ... .

Here is the log I loaded and I sincerely hope that you will have a solution for me.

Thank you very much in advance.

My log
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/8u...system.log.rar
    You need to run your language short cut again - the updates included a vital text issue for the interface freeze :

Code:
    19:33:48.431 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    19:33:48.431 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    19:33:48.465 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/RodG16/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:33:48.465 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    19:33:48.465 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/RodG16/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:33:48.465 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 20, 2016 at 07:25 PM.

soulcoughin's Avatar Foederatus

Hello world!

Is there a future fix for the 0% pop growth, debuffing Flamers, Witches and other overly buffed 'Kill a whole stack be themselves' GOD mode units, diplomats that are very undiplomatic and finally the garrison script that goes from two or three units to a full elite stack? I am not , so do not take it like that. I just want to identify and eliminate game balance issues in the BETA.

Thanks mates!

Blog Entries

Once I get to know about something like that I'll drop a note - until then you will be restricted to your own devices.

Afaik the faction stances are forced, eg you can't make peace. And the elite garrison stacks: this is a combination of M2TW where the AI needs all the help it can get and Warhammer where you just aren't supposed to have a fair fighting chance.

In one of my earliest campaigns I marched 4 full stacks thought that pass to the orc regions - 15 rounds later I emerged on the other side of the pass with 4 units. My commanding officer was by then the stuff of legends with several heroic victories under his belt and the whole undertaking was an utter failure.

Unlike with other mods it's pretty difficult to strike a good balance between improvements and armed forces. Simply hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I normally have 3 settlements that I build up for military output only and the rest are economy only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

General Information
    - The installation is a stand alone, full version - compiled from a fully updated RodG 1.51 plus the 1.6 beta patch
    - The installation will not interfere with other mods or previous versions, installation path = mods\RodG16
    - All credit unless otherwise noted goes to the original team as listed in the in game credits
    - The installation is Steam compatible, simply use the provided desktop shortcut

Requirements
    - A fully updated installation of Medieval 2 Total War and a fully updated installation of the Kingdoms expansion with at least one campaign installed
    - Hard disk space of at least 11GB for the mod

Download Links
    - Torrent file here at TWCentre

Installation Instruction
    - Install all three parts, regardless of sequence, and make sure to install into the Medieval 2 Total War main directory, nowhere else!
    - Check the second post for Patches and Quick fixes and install those in sequence (patches first, fixes after)
    - Once completed, choose your language preference by clicking the related desktop shortcut (‘Text English’, ‘Text German’ or ‘Text Russian’)
    - Start the mod by clicking the ‘Rage of dark Gods 1.6’ desktop short cut, even if you are using Steam
    Recommendation: there is a installation video available by Jackie_fish that can be of great help.

Notes
    - Due to the large size of the installation it is advisable not to work with other programs during the installation process – it is known to have caused faulty installations
    - The installation of part 2 will appear frozen shortly at 1% and for a longer period at 99% - this is due to large files being processed. Do not interrupt the progress!
    - The installation is Steam compatible – simply use the desktop shortcut to start the mod
    - At present the text for the new factions is still in Russian, a translation will be provided as soon as it is available

Error Reporting
    - Locate the log in the Medieval 2 Total War\logs folder (if the folder does not exist run the mod again until crash)
    - Compress the log (7Zip is freeware) and attach it with your post or upload it at a service like MediaFire and provide the link
    - Post in this thread and describe the circumstances of the crash

Recommendation
    To avoid possible Virtual Store problems caused by the game's installation into the default directory follow this tutorial from step 3 and then delete the M2TW folder in the Virtual Store

Version history
    1.6.007 - 13th January 2016
    added missing text in historic_events.txt
    disabled faulty Plagueclaw unit in EDU for custom battles
    disabled user interface during forced region changes
    corrected 'skaven attack for players' script
    translation for settlement names (thanks Malagant)
    changed configuration to 'windowed, borderless'
    fixed the artillery crash (thanks Metal_Izanagi)
    1.6.000 - 28th December 2015
    added missing text entry for Orcz_Camp_Province in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names
    corrected wrong religion total for Templehof and Senkehof provinces
    added missing name in text\names: {Ironskin}Ironskin
    added missing unit descriptions: sonsofmanann_mounted, Peasants
    corrected several duplicated character names in descr_strat
    corrected invalid placement for the settlement of Town_Drakenhof_Province (touches neighbouring region)
    introduced consolidated directory for unit info pics (saving over 600MB diskspace)
    corrected errors in Ork re-reinforcement script
    corrected errors in Skaven siege script
    provided multiple language text 'on demand'
    made start up Steam compatible
    I get a crash that says: "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!
    Closing the gates to save our souls!" idk what to do with it any help?

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

I re-downloaded everything and did another new installation. Unfortunately, the result remains the same wih the crah during the region setup.

So I guess I won't be playing Call of Warhammer or I should return to 1.5.1...

Hi do you have any other option to download that mod? Because torrent transfer is very slow.

I am having the problem that everyone else is. The game boots fine, but once it gets to region setup, the game crashes after 5-10 minutes. Here is my log file, http://www.mediafire.com/download/f1...system.log.rar

Quote Originally Posted by kusiu666 View Post
    Hi do you have any other option to download that mod? Because torrent transfer is very slow.
    No, there is only torrent for this version

Quote Originally Posted by Trigonn View Post
    I am having the problem that everyone else is. The game boots fine, but once it gets to region setup, the game crashes after 5-10 minutes. Here is my log file, http://www.mediafire.com/download/f1...system.log.rar
    Exactly the same as my log, try a different faction, worked for me

From what I can tell I installed everything correctly, however I'm most likely wrong haha. The first loading screen comes up fine and when the game begins to load to the main menu I experence a CTD with the error message " Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified and will now exit."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm4azxhlia...em.log.7z?dl=0

Thanks!

The game keeps crashing when I start it up and I dont know how to fix it. I watched a tutorial but it still didnt help.

Heres the logs thanks
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/1gknajg95tkg6t2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BochenMorderca View Post
    I get a crash that says: "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!
    Closing the gates to save our souls!" idk what to do with it any help?
    Read the 'Error Reporting' section in the page you quoted and then post again wiht the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    I re-downloaded everything and did another new installation. Unfortunately, the result remains the same wih the crah during the region setup.

So I guess I won't be playing Call of Warhammer or I should return to 1.5.1...
    Sad to hear, but by the looks this may be a system related error. Did you check your processor cycle speed?

Quote Originally Posted by kusiu666 View Post
    Torrent speed is dependent on the seeder's speed and your speed. And fast is relative anyhow. If your basic bandwidth is 3MBps then the speed of mere mortals certainly will look slow. Short answer = NO.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHelix View Post
    From what I can tell I installed everything correctly, however I'm most likely wrong haha. The first loading screen comes up fine and when the game begins to load to the main menu I experence a CTD with the error message " Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified and will now exit."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm4azxhlia...em.log.7z?dl=0

Thanks!
    This message should never pop up unless you forgot to run your language short cut or installed into a wrong directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebrave View Post
    The game keeps crashing when I start it up and I dont know how to fix it. I watched a tutorial but it still didnt help.

Heres the logs thanks
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/1gknajg95tkg6t2
    I am afraid it's the fatal 'animation crash ' for which I have not find a solution until now.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 22, 2016 at 02:07 AM.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Sad to hear, but by the looks this may be a system related error. Did you check your processor cycle speed?
    Yes, it's at 2.5 GHz.

I was also looking into some stuff in the campaign script and see if maybe the error was there, but I didn't find much. However, the game would sometimes also crash right ater it finished loading the campaign map...

Edit:
    But it truly is weird.
    I just tried again today, and disabled the borderless window mode, which cuased the game to crash at the Splash Screen:
    Code:
    20:17:48.913 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/RodG16/data/animations/skeletons.dat (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)20:17:48.982 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!
    Last edited by Nevada; February 22, 2016 at 01:20 PM.

Gigantus
    I have a question:
    Is it normal that in your 1.6 Version, some Units like - Ogres some Elves and "females" etc..dont have the english/correct voices, like they did in your 1.5 Version of this game?

EDIT: I have a second question you may be able to answer.
    Do you know why, in this version you released it is not possible anymore to edit export_descr_unit, and after editing still be able to continue a saved game ?
    Cause I remember being able to do that with your 1.5 version of RodG.
    Last edited by Caine-7; February 22, 2016 at 10:52 PM.

gday, love this mod, installed using gigantus method, works fine but in window. how do you fix this to full screen?

My game dosnt have any population growth/decrease. The building stats show no health or farming, or building population growth +/- levels. It has public order +/- levels and religion levels though. Also there is no green man/red man on the building name window over the settlement on the campaign map. all the little men are orange and stay that way. I checked the dscr region files and they seem fine. how can I fix this problem? Thanks-

Quote Originally Posted by darkdabbler View Post
    gday, love this mod, installed using gigantus method, works fine but in window. how do you fix this to full screen?
    You can turn off window mode either by changing its value from 1 to 0 in configuration.txt file in your RODG16 folder OR by settting your campaign & battle map resolution same as your desktop's resolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevothree View Post
    My game dosnt have any population growth/decrease. The building stats show no health or farming, or building population growth +/- levels. It has public order +/- levels and religion levels though. Also there is no green man/red man on the building name window over the settlement on the campaign map. all the little men are orange and stay that way. I checked the dscr region files and they seem fine. how can I fix this problem? Thanks-
    It's not a problem, It should be like that (mod's features)

I have a nonsense with tomb kings
    All is good,but the image of the pg are skaven and not tomb kings xd
    Is it still in work in progress?

The game crash when i start a new campaign. Custom battles work well.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7m...system.log.rar