Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2: Total War Preset - Ad Finitum

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Rome 2: Total War Preset - Ad Finitum

I got it working Pressed some buttons, restarted the battle and then it worked

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Rome 2: Total War Preset - Ad Finitum

Slypear's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    I got it working Pressed some buttons, restarted the battle and then it worked
    Great to hear

Hey, love the preset. Unfortunately, when I use Bypass UI on yours or any other configuration, my game crashes at launch. I have AA installed, have tried a reinstall, of both GEMFX and Rome and Steam, and have updated all of my registries, all to no avail. Is there something I'm missing in install? Currently using Windows 8. After having spent around 5 hours trying to get it to work, I'm pretty much ready to simply unsub and cut my losses :'(

Does anyone know how i enable GEMFX? i open GEMFX_Configurator.exe and press activate, the green button goes green and then i exit, but when i open GEMFX_Configurator.exe again it is deactivated, its like its write protected or needs administraor rights (checked both of those things and that is not the problem).

I think my problem is the x64 button is stuck on activated and when i try and disable it to run the mod it says "the has not required access rights or required files are missing"...
    Last edited by Fedual; December 11, 2015 at 08:42 AM.

Both your presets look awesome and make the vanilla game and even the default GEMFX looks like crap. Awesome job.

However, I seem to have the same problem as others : your preset won't work unless I untick the "bypass UI" in the configurator, which means when "bypass UI" is enabled, it shows only the basic default GEM alterations.

My guess is that there might be some kind of conflict with in-game settings and your preset. In my game, everything is maxed out. I play on a GTX 980 TI on Win 7 64 bits. Everything's up to date.

Do you care to share your settings to see if there's one that could explain the conflict? Like in-game AA that would need to be disabled, etc.

(sorry I don't know how to edit messages) I forgot to tell, I use the 1.0.9 GEMFX version.

I'm getting BEX/Appcrash every time I try to load this preset with the bypass UI option, and my AA is enabled.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

It's sounds like I have done nothing(by replacing you cfg file with mine in the folder) and the game has returned to the normal :/

Gem version : 1.0.9

PS: Maybe you use some other effects-mod? ^^

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Slypear View Post
    Installation instructions can be found through here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...searchtext=GEM

After you've installed base GEM, you can install presets via the following:

1. Download one of my presets on the first page. Ad_Finitum or Ad_Finitum_Et_Mortem

2. Unzip the zipped folder you downloaded from the dropbox link with a program such as 7-zip.

3. Open up the newly unzipped folder

4. Copy the .cfg file in the folder.

5. Browse to your local Rome 2 files.

For me it's at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II

6. Once there, open up the GEMFX folder.

7. Open up the Presets folder.

8. Open up the Current folder.

9. Paste the .cfg folder you copied earlier into the Current folder.

10. Done.
    Thank you mate. Rome II is awesome now!!!! Ofc for me

Attention! Attention! Attention! if there is still a problem dont use bypass ui and 2xFXAA.

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Has anyone tried this present for Attila? Does it look any good?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It looks amazing.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

More preview pics.

http://imgur.com/a/OUc8X/
    I'm not especially active on these forums, but I have made a super badass GEMFX preset for Rome 2 that I believe you will really enjoy.
    Check it out here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...set-Ad-Finitum

I am also currently working on a total overhaul of all the uniform colors in Rome 2 as well. Unreleased as of now.

Did you see my picture with your preset?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    I have done nothing(by replacing you cfg file with mine in the folder) and the game has returned to the normal :/
    Same issue here. Using the realism version of the preset and there is no effect on my game -- and the quickest test is to hit F9 (just in case the changes to the campaign are subtle in some conditions). First, I tried toggling compatibility mode, then changing the FXAA to 1x in stead of 2x, but only after unchecking bypass UI does the preset actually load and work.

So same boat as what many others have said, regarding this. Win 10 + GTX 970. Curious what FlashHeart07 did in the end? I don't mind running it without bypass UI, but I'll have to tweak the preset myself to get the text more legible.

Double? please delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Same issue here. Using the realism version of the preset and there is no effect on my game -- and the quickest test is to hit F9 (just in case the changes to the campaign are subtle in some conditions). First, I tried toggling compatibility mode, then changing the FXAA to 1x in stead of 2x, but only after unchecking bypass UI does the preset actually load and work.

So same boat as what many others have said, regarding this. Win 10 + GTX 970. Curious what FlashHeart07 did in the end? I don't mind running it without bypass UI, but I'll have to tweak the preset myself to get the text more legible.

It's such an absurd issue. Time and time again people have said that it simply doesn't work if Bypass UI is ticked within the Configurator. I myself have tried running through multiple tweaks to see what could possibly be causing the issue, but by this point I honestly have no clue whatsoever what the culprit is.

I'm currently running on Windows 7, on an AMD 7970 ghz edition GPU. I suspect that Windows 10 could be causing some hiccups, but most user reports don't really give me enough information to work with. Perhaps it's an issue with GEM itself? On my end the preset works absolutely fine, with all settings enabled.

Additionally, I'm guessing that the majority of the users who favor this preset aren't running into this issue either, since many haven't reported any issues at all and that the preset works fine just out of the box.

If more users (bugged and non-bugged) can provide information about their in-game settings as well as system specs, then perhaps we can get to the bottom of this.
    I'm not especially active on these forums, but I have made a super badass GEMFX preset for Rome 2 that I believe you will really enjoy.

I am also currently working on a total overhaul of all the uniform colors in Rome 2 as well. Unreleased as of now.

To add on to the post above, let me know if you've tweaked or altered the preset in any way (Toggled bypass UI, 64-bit application, compatibility mode, etc).

Thanks, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slypear View Post
    Thanks, and good luck.
    All right let's do this! I'll take some screenshots tonight to show my settings and report more on my machine. An idea for you too is to edit your op with a screenshot of your in-game settings.

Ok here's mine:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Keep in mind this with with by-pass Ui unchecked and running in compatibility mode. The former is necessary for it to even work, as described, but the latter was just in case -- I don't think it makes a difference. Note you cannot run it in 64 bit, as Rome 2 is not a 64 bit application.

Confirming again and I have:
    1)Win10;
    2)Bypass, compatibility mode and 64bit aplication unchecked.
    3) I removed the blurr effect.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast