I got this strange idea about a possible community writing project. I am not at all sure if this would be an AAR or a CW, simply because I don't think it has been attempted till now. Here's how it would work.

The base setting is a campaign that I am playing on Attila right now. I just got on an interesting campaign that has made a really unique start - Danes settled on Crete and Eastern Mediterranean. And then the idea came to me of how this could be used for a open writing project. I will play the game every week or something, and post update of what happened there. And then anyone who wishes to participate can write chapters about life and adventures of people in the faction. Participants can create one (or two) individual characters that only they can use as they want, and make many other open characters that anyone can use as per their creative discretion. Writers can also get into the campaign as the faction government council and influence how the campaign should proceed further.

Here is how the setting looks for the start:

Kingdom of the Seas (?)
It is the Year of the Lord 420.
The floodgates have opened, bringing in the barbarian hordes; some who come for shelter but some for vengeance.
The barbarian tribes migrate into Roman lands, looking for a place of peace and plenty to settle their people.
The mighty Persian Empire watches, biding its time, till the enemies fall exhausted to the ground and they march for conquest.
The Roman Empire of the West burns in political strife and civil wars.
The Roman Empire of the East lies in ruins, razed and plundered of all its glory and riches.
And in this time of darkness, a light approaches, unlooked for but not unwelcome.

From the north, in their serpent ships, comes the Danes.
Fleeing from those they once counted as brothers, they leave the bitter cold and prospect of wanton bloodshed and destruction.
And on lands once counted as finest regions of the Romans, they build their kingdom.

Faction - Danes.

Religion - Greek Christian.

Settlements and Regions Gortnya (Crete) - Wrestled from the Romans, this city is now the capital for the people.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rhodes (Rhodes) - Last conquest of the people against the Eastern Romans, before they collapsed.

Constantia (Cyprus) - First of the desolate lands resettled and rebuilt.

Tyrus (Syria) - Built again from desolation, this is the first of the colonies.

Constantinopolis (Thracia) - Resettled immediately after their conversion to the Christian faith, and on the pleas of the remaining Eastern Romans.

Trimontium (Thracia) - Resettled for the defense of the new city, but the gold mines are useful too.

Diplomatic Situation
Spoiler for Political Map

Spoiler for Religious Distribution

Spoiler for Diplomacy

What do you guys think?