Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citizenship Application: Is enough, enough?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Citizenship Application: Is enough, enough?

I tend to get 'obnoxious' when people assume they can change curial procedure via a back door. While I don't think you meant this as part of any self serving insidious diabolical plan, it was still irking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike
    I think that is a good idea Shank. Is this a "minor" change allowed at the discretion of curator? If so, I doubt there are any objection... its a logical change.
    However, if you do have a problem, it is foolish to wait until it is a problem to do something about it.
    Didn't Hedge's example provide enough evidence as to why fixing this problem (which isn't currently broke) proved a bad idea in the past?...

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I tend to get 'obnoxious' when people assume they can change curial procedure via a back door. While I don't think you meant this as part of any self serving insidious diabolical plan, it was still irking.
    I simply referred to a precedent asking if the same would be applicable here. You assumed the rest. There is no excuse for being disrespectful of others. You should never post angry.

Didn't Hedge's example provide enough evidence as to why fixing this problem (which isn't currently broke) proved a bad idea in the past?...
    No, it suggested what I had already stated. But, as I said, maybe 2 votes isn't problem of the application but a larger problem,... right?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I simply referred to a precedent asking if the same would be applicable here. You assumed the rest. There is no excuse for being disrespectful of others. You should never post angry.

If so, I doubt there are any objection... its a logical change

If you'd stopped at the question mark, but you didn't. You made the assumption, if anyone was being disrespectful it wasn't me.

No, it suggested what I had already stated. But, as I said, maybe 2 votes isn't problem of the application but a larger problem,... right?
    See above.

Any way, seeing as this isn't currently a problem......

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Ultimately, I cared not what system should be used. I didn't pose the question because it needs to be fix, I posed the question in the event it does happen, how do people feel.
    I do not have a problem with only two votes. If only two voted and they voted yes, then so be it. It is the responsibility of each citizen to recognized the contribution of other potential citizens and citizens for large awards. However, if you do have a problem, it is foolish to wait until it is a problem to do something about it.
    Don't get me wrong i applaud you for bringing it up. This way we head off any future 'well so and so only got 2 votes...does he get through?' scenario- specifically as answering this question later, things may very well be coloured by the opinions surrounding the candidate and so not give a fair look at the system as a whole.

But i agree with the rest of what you've said here- it's definitely the onus should be on Citizens- no newbie should be punished because we can be busy/lazy depending upon person.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

If you'd stopped at the question mark, but you didn't. You made the assumption, if anyone was being disrespectful it wasn't me.
    "If so, I doubt there are any objection... its a logical change"
    See above.
    Any way, seeing as this isn't currently a problem......
    There isn't a proposal or a mandate here to "fix" anything. I was attempting to other thoughts on the matter.
    The precedent I referred to was a proposal I had made in the proth. The Curator at the time, AL, implemented. for the reasons quoted above. At the time, I was under the impression that only aesthetic changes can be made. There is a huge difference between this thread (a discussion) and that thread (an official proposal to amend the constitution). Bu anyway, it is obvious you didn't know the context of the statement and you made a huge assumption based off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Von Hespburg View Post
    Don't get me wrong i applaud you for bringing it up. This way we head off any future 'well so and so only got 2 votes...does he get through?' scenario- specifically as answering this question later, things may very well be coloured by the opinions surrounding the candidate and so not give a fair look at the system as a whole.

But i agree with the rest of what you've said here- it's definitely the onus should be on Citizens- no newbie should be punished because we can be busy/lazy depending upon person.
    Well I admit I did have a an ulterior motive here... raise awareness so that we do not get to that level of laziness and participation.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I decided to come by the Curia for the first time in a long time, infact the last time was when I ran for a CDEC place. Its very sad to see that the hope of the citizenry wanting to get involved in proposing and voting for new citizens has not materialised. It would appear that there are less votes for a citizenship application, than a CDEC election. As I stated at the time, we really needed to establish why citizens were not coming to the Curia, rather than the blame game.

Its great to see you here Shankbot, I would agree that there needs to be a minimum number, otherwise it devalues citizenship.

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Welcome back Joe, hope you stick around again.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12