Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Workshop] Meaningful Resources 4.0 and Buildings Overhaul Compilation

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default [Workshop] Meaningful Resources 4.0 and Buildings Overhaul Compilation

[WIP]

Meaningful Resources 4.0 and Buildings Overhaul Compilation

Still under lazy construction - please be patient This is workshop - a lot of borrowed ideas. Notes... Also Iīm surely missing a lot of historical facts etc. I will try to slowly change it into something useful.

Please I would like to hear suggestion for resources, locations, additions. This is meant to be historical BUT in game-wise way. The aim is not to cripple AI or make resources too common or rare. So if you think you have a good suggestion, feel free and tell me. It would be much appreciated!

I cannot imagine campaign without wonderful XiL0īs work so I decided to add another level. I cannot explain it better than XiL0 did so: "I designed this for my own playthroughs... however now I am sharing it. Its been extensively play tested, a lot of thought has went into the balancing, location, addition, and requirements of resources based on culture and history. However remember this is a video game, so it has been balanced with that in mind. I didn't want to go overboard and have everything be required at all times. Obviously there is more wood than just the timber we find right? I feel that the resources included are the best of the best if it were. I just couldn't stand in vanilla that I never even cared what resources a faction had. Never bothered too look. In Shogun 2 it mattered... and now here, it matters even more. Another side goal was to make the faction unique buildings more desirable... now they are, and they are harder to acquire." I share that vision.

Features

-Resources for all campaigns (Grand, Hannibal, Ceasar and Augustus)
    -Changes to Economy both in taxation, building strategy, resources...
    -4 TPY for Grant campaign, after many long campaigns I prefer blend of 4TPY with 2x longer build times, (technologies and other hardcored ideas,but thatīs not in this mod)...so I will probably produce version with 2x and 4x build times and 2TPY.
    -Like original XiL0īs work this will include Campaign map edit depicting all of the Wonders of the World currently in the game. This occurs when you hit tab or in the diplomacy screen. Similar to how Shogun 2 showed you region specialties.
    (TODO new map for Augustus)
    -Resources model overhaul. So they provide much bigger profit and are more valuable. Offset would be lower overal taxes. (Or at least thatīs the plan)

-Unique region/province traits overhaul. So every province offer different bonuses and negatives.. similat to wonders yet different.
    -Every playable faction should have about 5 - level 5th buildings (unique if possible but barbars are hard)
    -Eddicts changes - I love ABHīs new eddicts so I plan to utilize them for greater strategy.

-At the moment I will try to finish these ideas for Vanilla factions. After that maybe I will add some content for the rest of minor factions.

Future ideas:
    -Victory conditions/Chapter objectives/Missions objectives changes to include new level 5. buildings for every faction. And some other changes as these must be done in startpos. My +/- visionhttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=271329625

Complete List of Resources
    -Majority will be available through Primary buildings in Minor/Major Settlements as in Vanilla and MR. (Iron, Timber, Copper)
    -Some ports might produce resources (Fish, Spice)
    -Some resources could be produced via buildable chains in any province. (Livestock, Bricks, Pottery)

Resources are divided into a few logical categories:
    Primary:
    (Crucial to most factions for mid-game military buildings)
    -Iron, Copper - every faction needs them for military buildings
    -Timber - 1) Ships - important to Hellenistic and Roman mostly (Eastern, Barbarian not so much), 2) Wooden Buildings - Barbarian
    -Horses - Important for Horse oriented factions (Bactria,Selucids,Armenia,Parthia..)
    -Marble - Buildings for Roman, Hellenistic and Eastern factions (not Barbarian)
    Secondary:
    (Common resources, all factions use them for various buildings in more or less same degree)
    -Fish, Grain - very common,very cheap, food bonuses
    -Olive Oil, Wine - some food, local trade
    -Leather (barb), Olive Oil, Wine - Local trade
    -Lead - Sannitation chains
    Terciary:
    (Produced via buildable chains of any faction)
    -Livestock, Pottery - Good for all
    -Bricks - Most important to Roman, Hellenistic, Eastern, not so much to the Barbarian
    Exotic:
    (Very expensive resources, good source of income for any faction.)
    Group 1 - needed for buildings
    -Salt
    -Slaves
    -Silver,Gold
    Group 2 - units
    -Elephant - Africa, Far East important for some factions with advance elephant units (tied with ivory)
    Group 3 - purely for income, however bonuses to different economy areas
    -Amber - Production in north Europe by Barbarian
    -Ivory - Production in Africa and East
    -Glassware
    -Purple Dye
    -Silk - East Mostly
    -Spice - Port production
    -Gem
    -Tar - important for naval oriented factions as it is lowering cost/upkeep

These categories also represent in which order the resources would be important in general. Primary are needed for early military expansion, secondary more or less for culture,trading buildings while terciary and exotic would be required for end game temples etc..

Some screenshots
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Building Changes:
    -All tier 5(faction unique) special buildings. Cost Increased. The effects of these buildings have been buffed.. some significantly. Every factions should have +/- 5 of these to provide more unique gameplay.
    -Many new (super)chains, check down particular culture variants.
    -Building Resource Requirements. Many buildings, equipment, training have been gated via resources. The design intent is to gate off units or excessive income. You may find that some chains don't have a resource requirement until Tier 4, where some might have a requirement at Tier 2. It all depends on the units available. This was also implemented in a way to NOT hinder the AI. Check lower particular cultures,buildings for preview.

Unique cities and ports:
    Some settlements/capitols and ports will recieve a unique building chains only for that particular building slot. What does it mean? For example Athenīs port of Piraeus will have a unique statistics and abilities and cannot be erected in any other port locations. These unique slots will be for all factions so no matter who controls it, it will grant some bonuses. However the most bonuses would be granted only to the original owners faction.
    (So Athenīs port will grant a quite unique bonuses for Athens faction, for others the bonuses will be still unique but not so much in comparison with regular ports.)

Unique cities and ports as level 5:
    as on the maps

Special cities wonder bonus: (These are moved into new level 5 ports+cities)
    (original)
    Antioch
    Backtra
    Carthago
    Pella
    Pergamon
    Rome

Wonders: (these are staying, adding regional effects as for all other regions, provide 2 wonder effects 1)small global 2)large local province so player could tailor local economy accordingly)
    (original)
    The Great City of Babylon
    The Bam Citadel
    The Colossus of Rhodes
    The Dolmens of Karnag
    Kogaionon
    The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
    Mount Argaeus
    Mount Behistun
    Mount Damavand
    Mount Etna
    Mount Olympus
    Mount Vesuvius
    The Necropolis of Giza
    The Necropolis of Rostam
    The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
    The Oracle of Amun-Re
    The Pharos of Alexandria
    The Pillars of Hercules
    The Sanctuary of the Great Gods
    Stonehenge

Wrath of Sparta
    The Acropolis
    Mount Olympus
    The Oracle of Delphi
    The Oracle of Didyma
    The Oracle of Dodona
    The Palace of Knossos
    The Royal Tombs of Makedon
    The Ruins of Troy
    The Sanctuary of the Great Gods
    The Silver Mines of Laurion
    The Temple of Artemis
    The Statue of Zeus at Olympia

Resource location and wonders map:
    Base on original XiL0īs work with a lot of additions.
    -Some resources will be produced even in province capitols and in ports

Grant Campaign

Grant Campaign Resources in Vanilla

Augustus Campaign

Augustus Campaign Resources Vanilla

Ceasar in Gaul Campaign

Hannibal at the Gates Campaign

Wrath of Sparta Campaign

Attila

Attila default Resources

Historical Info about buildings in rome 1 + mods + historical maps

Credits: To many and many more

XiL0 for original Meaningful Resources 2.0 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...gful-Resources
    Dresden for keeping XiL0īs work alive and many great mods!

Icons/Buildings and Idea contributors:
    DeI team (for Public land chain and primary buildings variants and some resource icons) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2024-Divide-et-Impera-(DeI)

Meneros (
    Meneros’ Overhaul Mod - Greeks, Thracians & Illyrians) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?626222-Meneros’-Overhaul-Mod-(Greeks-Thracians-amp-Illyrians)-08-11-2013
    Aelexander (Melius Imperi - A Better Empire) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-v-1-0-release
    McShooterz (Rome Bonus pack and Resource Pack) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=195701433 and http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=195701433
    GMoon777 (GCM Rome II Overhaul v2.0) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=209347861
    Wallet (buildings from original Revival, Rebirth, Resurrection) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=253981917

Great thanks to ABH2 for ideas,discussions and much more. Check his work on AAW building overhaul mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?657089-Building-Overhaul-Project-(AAW)-new-UI-added

Thank you CanOmer for original Resource map
    Thank you Dainu for PFM+++
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 02, 2017 at 07:33 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Default Re: [Workshop] Meaningful Resources 4.0 and Buildings Overhaul Compilation

Roman Culture - 100% Completed

Icon previews below are in lower resolution than my actual work is ingame so they look not sogood.
    * - means my additions
    * - means additions from XiL0īs Meaningful Resources 2.0

Resource boost
    - buildings are not directly producing particular resource but greatly enhance any production currently available in region/province
    (example: If primary building is producing grain, then any farm, bee chain,granary chain will increase this grain production. Multiple instances of these are working together for much higher boost)
    Resource could belong to multiple isntances

Exotic resources = Amber, Incense,.... (Salt?)

Local resources = Leather,Wine, Olive Oil,

Mining resources = Marble, Iron, Copper, ..Gold, Silver, Salt

Primary buildings

Major settlement:
    -Every settlement with(out) resource production will offer three different versions at level 2., 3. and 4.

-Market version is +/- Vanilla. (def tower level 3. =2xarrow,2xscorpion // level4. = 3x,3x,2xcatapult)
    -Trade version offers much higher income, resource production at cost of high food demand and public order (no def?? def tower level 3. =2xarrow,2xscorpion // level4. = 3x,3x,2xcatapult)
    -Fort version will offer bigger garrison, higher recruitment, higher public order at cost of little higher food demand and lower income and resource production (def tower level 3. =4xarrow,4xscorpion // level4. = 5x,5x,4xcatapult)
    (May be bricks will be required for level3.)

Minor settlement:
    -Every settlement has several similar ways to develop like Major settlements. Resource variant allow specialization at level 3. and 4.

-Market version is +/- Vanilla.
    -Trade version offers much higher income, resource production at cost of high food demand and public order and almost non def/garrison.
    -Fort version will offer bigger garrison, higher public order at cost of little higher food demand and lower income and resource production

Industrial + Resources
    -Heavy changes
    -Many building (super)chains are available only in region with particular resources like mines for gold,silver,iron,copper..usually allow deeper specialization of region/province..
    -Plus Industry superchain might have additional chains according to regional resource like Coinmaker chain in regions with Silver/Gold
    -Some resources provide non-industrial chains...however mechanism is similar....grain grants new farm/granary options even for major city.

(notes)
    Secondary = local trade
    Exotic = trade commerce

Global Industrial
    (Major/Minor)
    -Similar to Vanilla, these are buildable in any settlement however cost and negatives might prevent you from spamming them
    -According to resource in pariculat region,there might be additional chains available for local construction.
    -New Warehouse chain, (trade/agriculture aspect boost)

Tile Factory (Bricks) - bonus to construction cost, time...
    Amphora Factory (Pottery) - agriculture wealth bonus,vanilla like
    Warehouse - navy commerce increase..industry wealth increase

Iron,Copper (Primary, metals)
    Mine (industry, resource) - chain to boost production, export
    Foundry (industry, recruitment, wealth...maybe interaction with Equipment chain?) - heavy industry, bonuses to recruitment, cost of units.....
    -only one instance per region with resource

Gold, Silver (Exotic, metals)
    Mine (industry, resource)
    Coinmaker (industry, wealth, commerce, tax,?,small bonus to resource)
    -coinmaker is part of standard industry chain

Marble (Primary, stone, building)
    Quarry (industry, resource) - mine like for metals
    Sculptor (industry, construction)

Timber (Primary, wood, building)
    Excellent Wood (industry, ship cost)
    Lumber Camp (industry, resource)

Horse (Primary, agriculture, units)
    Level III horses

+Warhorse breeding chain - agriculture (low food, medium wealth, resource boost/prod)
    +Warhorse trader chain - city center (resource) Level III horses???
    Fish (Secondary, meat-food)

+Port chain - food (resource)
    Grain (Secondary, agriculture, food)
    Grain Estate (agriculture, resource, food)
    Granary (agriculture, wealth from agri, food++)

+Farm chain - agriculture (resource)
    +Horendum chain - agriculture (resource)
    +Supply Depot chain - city center (resource)

Olive Oil (Secondary, agriculture, food)
    Olive Mill (industry, industry, commerce)
    Olive Orchard (agriculture, food)

+Wine Trader chain - city center (resource)

Wine (Secondary, agriculture, food)
    Winery (commerce, resource, low food)
    Fruit Dryer (food, low resource)

+Wine Trader chain - city center (resource)

Leather (Secondary)
    Leather Workshop (industry, agriculture animals wealth?)

Lead (Secondary, sannitation)
    Workshop (industry, resource)

Livestock (Tertiary, agriculture, meat-food)
    +Cattle Ranch chain - agriculture (resource)
    +Cattle Trader chain - city center (resource)
    Pottery (Tertiary)
    +Amphora Factory chain - industry (resource)
    +Warehouse chain - industry (resource)
    Bricks (Tertiary, stone, building)
    +Kiln Factory chain - industry (resource)
    Tar (Exotic, ship building)
    no additioanl building
    Spice (Exotic, port, commerce)
    Spice trading port (commerce, port)

Gem
    -
    Silk (Exotic, commerce)
    Silk Bazzar (commerce)

Purple Dye (Exotic, commerce)
    Dye Market (commerce)

Glassware (Exotic, commerce)
    Glass workshop/Market (commerce, industry?)

Elephant
    -
    Ivory
    -
    Amber
    -
    Slaves (Exotic, slaves)
    +Slave Market chain - city center (resource)
    Salt

Ports
    -Every port can be upgraded up to level 4. even in Minor settlements
    -Small and Large Military docks will offer the same units for recruitment, but larger docks will offer bonus to recruitment and Better hulls (MAYBE: bonuses and ranks of recruited ships) (this should help AI to produce more ships in better quality.) (EE changes +/-)

Trade Port
    Fishing Port
    Military Small Port
    Military Large Port - (level III hull) recruitment bonus, maybe some rank bonus

Military:

Recruitment:
    All chains allow recruitment of all units. However type of building determined the bonuses for particular classes
    -Barracks and Auxilia chains (should provide bigger bonuses to particula recruited units (higher ranks), lower cost of units)
    -New Garrison chain, bigger garrison, bigger bonus to recuitment, lower cost for all units, ranks for all units recruited there....at cost of higher food requirement,higher buidlign cost

IDEA:limit of one instance per region.

(Major/Minor)
    Legion Barracks
    Auxiliary Barracks
    Garrison Baracks

Buff:
    -Like Vanilla but all buildings are now buildable even in Minor settlement (It makes no sense, we can have armory equipment made in one region but cannot send soldiers there to train?
    )

IDEA:limit one per province/region. Providing basic bonus to all kind of soldiers plus a higher one according to building description. (Horse to horses etc..)

(Major/Minor)
    Horse
    Archery
    Offense
    Defense
    Academy/Centurion Assembly - Slow training of troops (xp per turn)

Equipment:
    -Like in Vanilla pre EE. But with addition of level 4. building. It will provide combined bonuses of Armorer and Fabrica (level III Armor & Weapons & Shields) with increased negative effects as well.
    (-Similar equipment could be obtained through Iron/Copper production city centers.)

Siege Workshop (level III siege, I armor, I weapon)
    Shieldmaker (level III armor, III shield, I weapon)
    Blacksmith (level III weapon, I armor)

City Center
    -Adding level 4. Slaves trade
    -Warhorse Pens, little buff to cavalry unit recruited in province, will allow horse production.
    -Granary chain provides boost to grain,salt and even salt production in small amount
    -new Goverment chain,which provides culture influence and some order bonus,taxation..
    -new theatre chain, higher latin influece,lower order

(Major)
    (Economy) - these gets you nasty bonuses for different things..wealth,commerce, horses, food,...
    Slave Trader
    Meat Trader (food+)
    Cattle Trader
    Wine Trader (trade agreement)
    Horse Trader (horses)
    (Logistic) - salt + grain plus it is adding great bonus for siege times
    Supply Depot/Granary
    (Culture/Entertainment) - only one instance could be build
    Theatre (+order,+latinum,-food)
    Gladiators (++order,--food) -> Circus Maximus / Colosseum
    Library (research)
    (Goverment) - one instance per city
    Forum Romanum/Basilica (taxation,trade)...
    Curia (goverment) - tax,order

Slums:
    -Slums are no longer only negative. Player has option to pursue their development. Provide small u
    nit replenishment, subsistence GDP,increase trade,but at cost of corruption,food requirement,and some squalor

Slum

Roads:
    (I like idea behing Vanilla that road web in area is driven by general level of some buildings. However I want to be able to influece things a little more. So... Primary buildings and some others are still influencing development of roads in area but player has chance to build specific Road-building to further influence that). In Vanilla buildings influence 100% of road development. Now it will be around 30-40% while road chain gets the rest. Rome has superior road to all others.
    -One superchain, with three sub-chains. One instance per province, (Major settlement only? probably)

(Major?)
    Industry/Trade roads offer higher income, industry, at cost of public order
    Military roads provide higher replenishment, public order, at cost of some upkeep, food
    Culture/trade variety provides small trade income, minor culture influence, (negative??)

Agriculture:

-Farms no major changes (bonus to grain production in province/region
    -Cattle, Livestock resource production at level 4. like MR
    -Horse range like MR, requirement of Horse resource/Horse production for all levels. (Major rework here, instead of horse production this will boost horso production in region/province. Still it will allow superior cavalry unit recruitment)
    -new Bee Keepers chain, major boost to food production from all farms in that province. (plus bonus to grain production in province/region)

Farm - (in case of grain region bonus)
    Horreum - Food production boost, agriculture wealth boost, hold out, replenishment, (inc ase of grain region bonus)
    Cattle Ranch - middle food, high wealth
    Horse Ranch -low food, middle wealth, Horse
    (nope -Bee Hive - Major food,grain bonus to production)

Sannitation:
    -Like vanilla, just some adjustment. New Aquaduct line.

(Major)
    Water Tank - agents,security,hold out
    Thermae - culture,sannitation
    Latrines -> Cloaca Maxima - growth
    Aqueduct - income (agriculture, industry)
    , hold out

Public Land (DeI):
    -new superchain for minor settlements, offering new options for province development. It is coupled with culture tree for minor settlements. Only one superchain could be build (one active building)

(Minor) Public Land
    Garrison chain - garrison, protection from enemy agents
    Medicus chain - sannitation
    Trader chain - (boost to local resources production)

- these offer similar bonuses, culture conversion

(Minor) Culture
    Stadium
    Trader

Religion:
    -restoring old temples
    -the same 4 levels for minor/major settlements
    -Like vanilla, just some adjustment.
    -Probably some requirements of Honey,Pottery,Textiles..gold,silver,wine,incense,amber..will be added (or more likely some 4. levels will require these instead of livestock, plus maybe marble for 3. level construction)

Minerva (research,culture income, trade?)
    Vulcan (industry income)
    Neptune (navy, navy income, slight latin?)
    Mars (army, slight agriculture income?)
    Jupiter (all income, latin) -> Pantheon
    Sacred Grove (order)
    Mercury (commerce income, trade?)
    Ceres (agriculture income)

Level 5. faction specific buildings:
    Factions:
    -Rome:

Cloaca Maxima (Sannitation) (slaves->Bricks)
    Pantheon (Religion) (slaves->Marble)
    Circus Maximus (Culture) (slaves)
    Colosseum (Culture) (slaves)

Other ideas:
    Forum Romanum (Culture/Trade) (slaves) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Forum
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Roman_architecture
    Arch of Titus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_of_Titus
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 02, 2017 at 07:41 AM.

Default Re: [Workshop] Meaningful Resources 4.0 and Buildings Overhaul Compilation

Hellenistic Culture

Factions are divided into a few culture/logical categories. They are sharing something here,something there...So after all, they are all connected yet unique.
    1)Greek
    a)Greek States
    -Athens
    -Epirus
    -Sparta
    b)Greek Collonies
    -Massalia
    -Syracuse
    c)Far Collonies
    -Cimmeria
    -Colchis
    -Pergammon

2)Succesor Kingdoms
    a)
    -Macedon
    b)
    -Baktria
    c)
    -Seluecid
    d)
    -Egypt

3) Eastern Heritage
    -Pontus

4) Phoenical Heritage
    -Carthage

Icon previews below are in lower resolution than my actual work is ingame so they look not sogood.
    * - means my additions

Primary buildings

Major settlement:
    -Every settlement with(out) resource production will offer three different versions at level 3. and 4.
    --Market version is +/- Vanilla. (def tower level 3. =2xarrow,2xscorpion // level4. = 3x,3x,2xcatapult)
    --Trade version offers much higher income, resource production at cost of high food demand and public order (def tower level 3. =2xarrow,2xscorpion // level4. = 3x,3x,2xcatapult)
    --Fort version will offer bigger garrison, higher public order at cost of little higher food demand and lower income and resource production (def tower level 3. =4xarrow,4xscorpion // level4. = 5x,5x,4xcatapult)

Minor settlement:
    -Every settlement with(out) resource production will offer three different versions at level 4.
    --Market version is +/- Vanilla.
    --Trade version offers much higher income, resource production at cost of high food demand and public order
    --Fort version will offer bigger garrison, higher public order at cost of little higher food demand and lower income and resource production

Ports
    -Every port can be upgraded up to level 4. even in Minor settlements (this should help AI to produce more ships in better quality.) (EE changes +/-)
    -Better hulls in Military Large Ports
    -Also Iīm playing with idea of having the same unit rooster in both large and small docks. (further allowing AI to recruit nice sellection of ships ), difference would be in bonuses and ranks of recruited ships.
    -To balance that out, limit of one instance per privince might be good idea. For military and Trade dock maybe. Fishing provides no significant problems....
    -Resources for ports are suspended for now. Only exception is fish resource, which which be probably avialable in all ports. (OR fish related buildings perhaps..).

Trade Port
    Military Large Port - Heavy ships, Artillery and hull improvement
    Military Small Port - Light ships
    Fishing Port

Three groups, major difference is resource needed for trading port:
    1)"Classic"
    Athens, Carthage -> Heavy Military Port - Port of Piraeus / Punic Port
    Syracuse, Massalia, Egypt -> Light Military Port - Port of Olympie / Port of Lacydon / Port of Alexandria
    Sparta, Epirus, Pergammon, Macedonia
    2)"Pirates"
    Colchis -> Pirate Port level 5.
    Cimmeria
    3)"Silk Road"
    Seleucid -> Light Military Port - Seleucia Pieria
    Baktria
    Pontus -> Pirate Port level 5

Military:

Recruitment:
    So some major tweaks here
    -Mercenary Camp and Royal Barracks (and Royal Stable) chains will offer recruitment of units with higher ranks
    -New Garrison chain will be buildable in (Major?) settlements, offers recruitment of both Mercenary Camp and Royal Barracks units, not
    so high ranks upon recruitment and increased negative effects in comparison with specific chains.
    (Baktria and Selucids are using lower tree, all other factions share the top one)

Buff:
    -Like Vanilla but all buildings are now buildable even in Minor settlement (It makes no sense, we can have armory equipment made in one region but cannot send soldiers there to train?
    )

Equipment:
    -Everything works like in Vanilla. But with addition of level 4. building. It will provide combined bonuses of Armourer and Foundry (level III Armor & Weapons & Shields) with increased negative effects as well.

Shieldmaker
    Siege Workshop
    Blacksmith

City Center
    -Warhorse Pens, little buff to cavalry unit recruited in province, like MR
    -Granary chain, Salt production like MR
    -new Goverment chain,which provides culture influence and some order bonus
    (Selucids and Baktria share the lower one tree)

Industrial
    -Mostly there will be additions so Industry buildings have a purpose. Mines,Quarry will boost resource productions etc. in logic way.

Slums:
    -Slums are no longer only negative. Player has option to pursue their development. Provide small unit replenishment, subsistence GDP,increase trade,but at cost of corruption,food requirement,and some squalor

Slum

Roads:
    (I like idea behing Vanilla that road web in area is driven by general level of some buildings. However I want to be able to influece things a little more. So... Primary buildings and some others are still influencing development of roads in area but player has chance to build specific Road-building to further influence that)
    -Only one chain. Better movement, better replenishment, small bost to income. (Negative traits will be added as well?)

Roads

Trade Post:
    -New superchain for Major settlements. Providing resource production for some not so rare materials. (Grain,Olive Oil,Wine,Timber...) Possible every factions will hold a little different set of possible resources

Agriculture:

-Farms no major changes
    -Cattle, Livestock resource production at level 4. like MR
    -Horse range like MR, requirement of Horse resource/Horse production for all levels.
    -new Pig chain, providing more food than cattle but lower income
    -new Bee Keepers chain, Honey resource production, major boost to food production from all farms in that province.
    -new Fruit chain
    -new Goat chain
    (Macedon tree is second from the top, Egypt+Selucids+Carthage are using third one, the lowest one belongs to Baktria)

Public Land (DeI):
    (will be completly re-done before releasing but I like the idea)
    -new superchain for minor settlements, offering new options for province development

Garrison chain
    Medicus chain
    Trader chain

Sannitation:
    -New Water Physician chain (possibly with culture influence and small replenishment bonus or order bonus)

Fountain
    Water Tank
    Water Physician (replenishment,order)
    Asclepius

Three groups:
    1)"Classic"
    Syracuse -
    Athens, Carthage -> Heavy Military Port - Port of Piraeus / Punic Port
    Syracuse, Massalia, Egypt -> Light Military Port - Port of Olympie / Port of Lacydon / Port of Alexandria
    Sparta, Epirus, Pergammon, Macedonia
    2)
    Pergammon
    3)
    Colchis,

Religion:
    Like vanilla, just some adjustment.
    -Probably some requirements of Honey,Pottery,Textiles...Wine,Gold,Silver....will be added
    -A new chain of Artemis with boost to spear (and maybe arrow) units is added
    (The middle tree is for Carthage and the bottom one for Egypt)

-Athens:
    -Epirus
    -Sparta:
    -Syracuse
    -Masallia

Pergammon
    Colchis
    Cimmeria

-Macedon:
    -Bactria:
    -Selucids:
    -Egypt:

-Pontus

-Carthage:
    Last edited by Daruwind; June 30, 2015 at 09:05 PM.

Eastern Culture

* - means my additions

Primary buildings

Major settlement:
    -Every settlement with(out) resource production will offer three different versions at level 3. and 4.
    --Market version is +/- Vanilla. (def tower level 3. =2xarrow,2xscorpion // level4. = 3x,3x,2xcatapult)
    --Trade version offers much higher income, resource production at cost of high food demand and public order (def tower level 3. =2xarrow,2xscorpion // level4. = 3x,3x,2xcatapult)
    --Fort version will offer bigger garrison, higher public order at cost of little higher food demand and lower income and resource production (def tower level 3. =4xarrow,4xscorpion // level4. = 5x,5x,4xcatapult)

Minor settlement:
    -Every settlement with(out) resource production will offer three different versions at level 4.
    --Trade version offers much higher income, resource production at cost of high food demand and public order
    --Fort version will offer bigger garrison, higher public order at cost of little higher food demand and lower income and resource production

Ports
    Major changes here
    -From now on every port can be upgraded up to level 4. even in Minor settlements (this should help AI to produce more ships in better quality.)
    -To balance that out, limit of one instance per privince might be good idea. For military and Trade dock maybe. Fishing provides no significant problems....
    -Also from now on,some docks will hold resources. Itīs very similar to settlements primary buildings. Reason is to free space in some settlements to add additional resource as needed. (Like Knossos could hold historical Wine and Fish to boost trade...etc.)

Military:

Recruitment:
    Some major tweaks here
    -
    -
    -
    -

Equipment:
    -Everything works like in Vanilla. But with addition of level 4. building. It will provide combined bonuses of Weaponsmith and Markmenīs Range (level III Armor & Weapons & Ammunition and level II Shields) with increased negative effects as well.

City Center
    -Granary chain from MR
    -new Public Garden chain, for higher public order and culture spread
    (textiles,silver and some other requirements are needed)

Industrial
    -Mostly there will be additions so Industry buildings have a purpose. Mines,Quarry will boost resource productions etc. in logic way.
    -New Furnace chain

Slums:
    -Slums are no longer only negative. Player has option to pursue their development. Provide small unit replenishment, subsistence GDP,increase trade,but at cost of corruption,food requirement,and some squalor

Roads:
    (I like idea behing Vanilla that road web in area is driven by general level of some buildings. However I want to be able to influece things a little more. So... Primary buildings and some others are still influencing development of roads in area but player has chance to build specific Road-building to further influence that)
    -One superchain, one instance per province, (Major settlement only?)

Agriculture:

-Farms no major changes
    -Horse range like MR, requirement of Horse resource/Horse production for all levels.
    -new Bee Keepers chain, Honey resource production, major boost to food production from all farms in that province.
    -new Goat chain with Livestock resource production

Public Land (DeI):
    -new superchain for minor settlements, offering new options for province development
    --Garrison chain -
    --Medicus chain -
    --Trader chain -

Religion:
    Some new chains
    -Anahita
    -Shamas
    -Probably some requirements of Honey,Pottery,Textiles..gold,silver,wine..will be added

Factions:
    -Parthia

Barbarian Culture

*Religion+industry not ready
    * - means my additions

Primary buildings

Major settlement:
    --Market version is +/- Vanilla. (def towers **)
    --Trade version offers much higher income, resource production at cost of high food demand and public order (def towers **)
    --Fort version will offer bigger garrison, higher public order at cost of little higher food demand and lower income and resource production (def towers **)

Minor settlement:

Ports
    Major changes here
    -From now on every port can be upgraded up to level 4. even in Minor settlements (this should help AI to produce more ships in better quality.)
    -Also from now on,some docks will hold resources. Itīs very similar to settlements primary buildings. Reason is to free space in some settlements to add additional resource as needed. (Like Knossos could hold historical Wine and Fish to boost trade...etc.)

City Center
    -new chain *

Industrial
    A lot of changes here
    -Units will be produced only in Blacksmith/Bronze Workshop chains, (these will also grant equipment as well)
    -Woodworker chain will be producing all siege units (and grants Ammunition enhancement)
    -Salt/Goldsmith chains are strictly for boosting Industry...yet I like idea of them somehow interact with units (maybe buffs?)
    -New Garrison chain for much bigger garrison, line of sight,replenishment etc..

Slums:

Agriculture:
    -Pig
    -Goat
    -Enclosure
    (the first one is for Arverni, Suebi, Boii, Luisitan, Geteai - ala Cow)
    (the second from top is for Nervii, Iceni, Galatia, Odrysian Kingdom - ala Pig)
    (the third one for Averaci, Ardiaei ,Tylis -ala Sheep
    (the lowest one for Massagetae, Roxolani, Royal Scythia - ala sheep steppe)

Public Land (DeI):
    --Garrison chain -
    --Medicus chain -
    --Trader chain -

Religion:
    Like vanilla, just some adjustment.
    -Probably some requirements of Honey,Pottery,Textiles..gold,silver,wine..will be added
    (from top:
    -Iceni
    -Arverni
    -Boii,Nervii,Galatia,Tylis
    -Getea
    -Suebi
    -Averaci,Luisitani
    -Ardiaei
    -Massagetea,Royal Scythia,Roxolani
    -Odrysian Kingdom)

Factions:
    -Ardiaei
    -Averaci
    -Arverni
    -Boii
    -Galatia
    -Getae
    -Iceni
    -Lusitani
    -Massagetae
    -Nervii
    -Odrysian Kingdom
    -Roxolani
    -Royal Scythia
    -Suebi
    -Tylis

Pile of ideas:

Some non-used Icons

Future note: All recruitment buildings could have the very same rooster. Difference will be in bonuses/ranks for original rooster units. Limit of 1 building per province. That should allow AI ti recruit whatever it wants just with one building. On other hands there will be 2-3 versions of recruitment buildings for a faction so player could decide how to specialized the province.

For potencial building oriented modders. If you have any decent idea or are preparing decent mod about buildings definitely write me.

Future note: All recruitment buildings could have the very same rooster. Difference will be in bonuses/ranks for original rooster units. Limit of 1 building per province
    Well, you know my idea - use the main settlement line and save the slots.

Another idea I think we discussed in the past - political effects tied to buildings. With the improved political system and importance of balancing things out, that may be something to consider adding to some of your lines. I've tied them into roads if you remember and a few other buildings I have plans on, as well. Things that can boost gravitas for a party or even an opponents party like public works.

Also, from the old thread in the AAW forum:
    I've recently created a new 'sell food' edict which is based entirely off the food building lines the player constructs. A provinces food can now be sold through this edict for +50 income per food stuff.

It also should be possible to modify the production of a particular resource through another building chain. So, for instance, if you have +5 gold production, another building should be able to enhance that value.

I'm afraid I jumped the gun on this one. I still intend to test, posting it here just as a reminder. I don't believe it will work, though. It's the only chance I see. I'm a little rusty on buildings and resources as its been a few months. Hopefully I can start concentrating on it again soon once I finish up another few tasks.

-Woodworker chain will be producing all siege units (and grants Ammunition enhancement)
    Have you decided how you will distribute the resource? Could be a good way to limit barbarian access, though I suppose requiring higher level buildings and techs to unlock could accomplish the same.

I would like to find out way how to allow AI to build whatever it wants without having the actual source. So AI could build but not trade it. Any suggestion for this would be much appreciated!!
    This one I believe we solved. Not ideally, but sufficiently.

Some settlements/capitols and ports will recieve a unique building chains only for that particular building slot. What does it mean? For example Athenīs port of Piraeus will have a unique statistics and abilities and cannot be erected in any other port locations. These unique slots will be for all factions so no matter who controls it, it will grant some bonuses. However the most bonuses would be granted only to the original owners faction.
    On ports, I'd like to bring up the subject of my mercenary ports to allow the player better access to their auxilla troops as their empire grows. The Romans and the Macedonians before them would import soldiers from specific localities in distant campaigns. It's tough to duplicate this in game. I like doing this through 'hidden' resources not displayed to the player but gained through trade contacts and/or conquest of particular regions. The resources do not need to provide wealth. Drawback - they would still show up in the resource/trade display area where it shows what you are importing and exporting. Perhaps higher level ports for factions could give access to the imperial/mercenary level troops, though that wouldn't be as dynamic as what I'd want.

Mines,Quarry will boost resource productions etc. in logic way.
    -New Warehouse chain, (trade/agriculture aspect boost)
    I've dropped mines from my building chains. Didn't seem to make sense to me to have them build-able everywhere.

On roads - I don't think we talked about this in the past, but are you making them so they modify the roads themselves in the province like buildings currently do (and the old mod that added them did)? I've currently be working with them as giving boosts to movement for forces in a province. So, the army itself doesn't need to actually be on the road. There's some fleexibility to this concept.

Petellius also suggested an interested idea for barbarian factions. A chain or some sort of building effect (perhaps even attacked to the main settlement line) where they get small bumps to movement in their own territory and effects that make it easier to lay ambushes. He suggested something like 'secret paths.' Not sure on the name/depiction myself, but I like the idea. It's something I'm going to try and work in going forward.
    Last edited by ABH2; October 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Future warning. This is mostly copy from old AAW thread. I added minor infos so far (historical map, amber resource...). Building trees, basically everything will be changed during this (and next) week. plus I will go once more through your old thread just to collect all ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Well, you know my idea - use the main settlement line and save the slots.
    True. And this is not closed case, I think about these buildings now more like about roman legion camps etc. I know they were mostly at the borders. In your case recruitment is provided by main building tree while these could be viewed as additional city garrison (border settlements,rebelling possible town...) While in my case it could be simple twisted way. Military recruitment buildings could represent actual legion bases, logistic centers,..thus providing increased military presence in area.

for example my inspiration:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castra

as we are unable to construct proper military camps on the map...

Of course idea is divided between military roads,military version of main buildings etc. REally not closed thing so far.

Another idea I think we discussed in the past - political effects tied to buildings. With the improved political system and importance of balancing things out, that may be something to consider adding to some of your lines. I've tied them into roads if you remember and a few other buildings I have plans on, as well. Things that can boost gravitas for a party or even an opponents party like public works.
    Yes, but this particular ties are at the bottom of resource/military/general economy balance. :/ Once I have these theoretically thing off I would gladly add political,faction related things!

Also, from the old thread in the AAW forum:
    I've recently created a new 'sell food' edict which is based entirely off the food building lines the player constructs. A provinces food can now be sold through this edict for +50 income per food stuff.
    I will definitely use your eddicts. Check feature box way up up up: -Eddicts changes - I love ABHīs new eddicts so I plan to utilize them for greater strategy.

It also should be possible to modify the production of a particular resource through another building chain. So, for instance, if you have +5 gold production, another building should be able to enhance that value.

I'm afraid I jumped the gun on this one. I still intend to test, posting it here just as a reminder. I don't believe it will work, though. It's the only chance I see. I'm a little rusty on buildings and resources as its been a few months. Hopefully I can start concentrating on it again soon once I finish up another few tasks.
    Exactly that I really want to check. I saw your statement and i cannot wait till I make it.

Have you decided how you will distribute the resource? Could be a good way to limit barbarian access, though I suppose requiring higher level buildings and techs to unlock could accomplish the same.

This one I believe we solved. Not ideally, but sufficiently.

On ports, I'd like to bring up the subject of my mercenary ports to allow the player better access to their auxilla troops as their empire grows. The Romans and the Macedonians before them would import soldiers from specific localities in distant campaigns. It's tough to duplicate this in game. I like doing this through 'hidden' resources not displayed to the player but gained through trade contacts and/or conquest of particular regions. The resources do not need to provide wealth. Drawback - they would still show up in the resource/trade display area where it shows what you are importing and exporting. Perhaps higher level ports for factions could give access to the imperial/mercenary level troops, though that wouldn't be as dynamic as what I'd want.
    Actually pretty good idea. We can simply create units pools just for "special"/current one version of ports. Units could be locked to certain region,techs and perhaps just control of a specific region can trigger them for these ports. Or just the sufficient high level of the port could be enough. After all, mercenaries are just mercenaries...

I've dropped mines from my building chains. Didn't seem to make sense to me to have them build-able everywhere.
    It only depends how many options we want. For example if is possible to modify production of resources by another building in region/province, than these mines could boost marble/silver/iron/gold production only. If not you can still make complicated buildings ties when specific buildings enhance values from diffent ones. (simply different combination of drawbacks and bonuses) But name alone is not important...important will be ideas behind buildings.

On roads - I don't think we talked about this in the past, but are you making them so they modify the roads themselves in the province like buildings currently do (and the old mod that added them did)? I've currently be working with them as giving boosts to movement for forces in a province. So, the army itself doesn't need to actually be on the road. There's some fleexibility to this concept.
    I will keep some bonuses from current buildings. But if you wish to reach similar or greater level of movement in province,you can invest in these. Of course it will have some drawbacks. Military version giving better order while needing more resources, cultural/public spreading culture perhaps but lowering income?...and so on. Industry perhaps meaning mines,slaves movement so probably public order penalty...

Especially I have in head 4 TPY as the basis..so movement should be reducent like in Dresdenīs Hardcore TPY mod. So these boost will be more visible...

Petellius also suggested an interested idea for barbarian factions. A chain or some sort of building effect (perhaps even attacked to the main settlement line) where they get small bumps to movement in their own territory and effects that make it easier to lay ambushes. He suggested something like 'secret paths.' Not sure on the name/depiction myself, but I like the idea. It's something I'm going to try and work in going forward.
    That could be done with buildings I think...but the same could be done just with generic effects? Every rebel faction is tied to region. So may be you can just add effect directly to them. Actually I think they are recieving something like income etc. So may be some sort of hiddent tradition...well there could be a lot of possibilities.

So I will sum this up. Give me 1-2 weeks to redo these first 6 posts. I just copied things in them and will slowly start with filling new materials in. I have icons for buildings etc but these graphs showing what/where.. need updating... :/
    Last edited by Daruwind; October 20, 2014 at 07:04 AM.

I believe that's what you were looking for, but if not, just let me know what to change.

Well today I had more luck with photoshop and finally manage to produce amber Iīm satisfied with.

Anyway thank you ABH for your version.

Map section filled with updated resource information for all campaigns.

So I rechecked some old information.

Game is reading only first effect of resource production on one building(case when we have multiple effect with the same resource production).
    (Building has effects 10 Timber production,10 Timber production, -5 Timber production..only the first "10" will be registered)

Production of multiple different resources is ok.
    (10 Timber, 5 Iron, 2 Marble - on one building is ok)
    EDIT:multiple instances of the same resource but added by different effect name are OK, also different scope, priority are helping
    for region scope for example the same effect set to two buidlings will be ok

Game is correctly recognizing negative values and could do the math but only as long as the final values stay positive. If the sum of all positive and negative productions reaches the zero, resource is no longer valid for trading and you cannot construct more buildings which require that resource. Problems are when we have more negative production than pozitive...game is doing crazy stuff.

Only two buildings in empire are producing/eating timber:
    building A = 10 Timber
    building B = -5 Timber

-> 5 Timber for trading, contruction enabled

building A = 10 Timber
    building B = -10 Timber

-> Timber is not being tradeable, contruction disenabled

building A = 5 Timber
    building B = -10 Timber

->Error...timber is being tradeable, construction enabled

((So we basically need to find way how to modify the resource production effect via effects. I will try to construct more complex effect bundle, which will be adding current resource production to particular buildings and will be changeable. Goal is to have building A with resource production and building B,which would boost that production by 50%. In the same province or region if must be...))

Resource production could be set to:
    this_building
    this_region
    in_all_your_regions
    regions_in_this_province
    this_province_faction_all_regions
    this_region_regions_in_this_province

By trading the engine is substracting 3 resources per first region of our trading ally and them one another unit of resource for any other region of that faction. Faction_resource_consumption_table
    1 region = 3 consumption
    3 region = 5 consumption
    6 region = 8 consumption
    10 region = 12 consumption
    (XiL0īs and my system too is adding a lot or resources, so probably we should increase cunsumption and add probably more levels. At the same time we could simply lower prize per resource unit to keep things in balance)

Commodities_table is setting prize per unit and elasticity which is influence by whole world production/consumption of particular resource.

The engine is trying to balance all your available resources between all trade agreements. (if you are producing 3 unit of timber and you have 3 trade agreement, every trade will be of 1 timber. Of course if some small faction control just one region,then they could import only 3 units while some bigger empire could import much more units from you.)

We can add AI hidden resource income in campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects table, letīs say just for key resources (1 timber for naval powers, 1iron+copper for normal factions,...). That way AI should never be hindered in military area.
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=effects)
    Working only for in_all_your_regions so it will show Resource for every Ai city and will be scaled with number of regions. Not this way....

Setting the slot gdp modifiers for buildings under settlements (1-5) in the slot_gdp_values table from 1 to 0 will cancel resource production while higher numbers with increase it.

campaign_map_roads_tables for setting campaign movement
    Last edited by Daruwind; October 23, 2014 at 07:21 AM.

Game is correctly recognizing negative values and could do the math but only as long as the final values stay positive. If the sum of all positive and negative productions reaches the zero, resource is no longer valid for trading and you cannot construct more buildings which require that resource. Problems are when we have more negative production than pozitive...game is doing crazy stuff.
    Are you sure it does the math 'right' when it's, say, 10 with a -5 in another? So that it knows it's producing 5 instead of 10? Is there a clear way to tell?

Game is reading only first effect of resource production on one building(case when we have multiple effect with the same resource production).
    (Building has effects 10 Timber production,10 Timber production, -5 Timber production..only the first "10" will be registered)
    Game does this with various effects, but I don't recall having that problem with the negatives when I tested it. Same region, a -20 in another building chain subtracted 20 production and cancelled in out. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Are you sure it does the math 'right' when it's, say, 10 with a -5 in another? So that it knows it's producing 5 instead of 10? Is there a clear way to tell?
    Yes, I was testing with adding one 1,2,-1 of resource units to my regions and looking at one/two trading agreement. For example grant campaign for rome is good way to try things. If you can add one unit of iron,timber....you can see you are trading it with syracuse, compare the values with commodity pricing per unit and you should be able to tell how many units you are trading.

By the way it looks like you are not consuming your own resources. I was thinking that even your own regions are consuming resources as the factions you are trding with, but even production of one unit of resource is going to be export...

Game does this with various effects, but I don't recall having that problem with the negatives when I tested it. Same region, a -20 in another building chain subtracted 20 production and cancelled in out. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure of that.
    That is about effects for the same resource on one building. If the effects are spread across more buildings, the engine is doing the math correctly. I re-checked it and if you have two effect of the same resource per one building,even if one is negative and second positive,only one is registered.
    Last edited by Daruwind; October 22, 2014 at 03:27 PM.

That is about effects for the same resource on one building. If the effects are spread across more buildings, the engine is doing the math correctly. I re-checked it and if you have two effect of the same resource per one building,even if one is negative and second positive,only one is registered.
    So, based on everything you are saying, if the correct integers are used for resources they should be able to be eliminated by building consumption. Obvious problem would be if a player went into the negative then the game doesn't handle that so well.

My posts from the AAW thread on of - resource production or consumption:

Simple test results - it works fine if, say, you have 20 of a resource, and the building constructed takes away 20. You'll stop producing the item, and the game will read that as having 0 of the resource. Further construction of a line won't work.

Set it to smaller numbers, like -10, and the game screws up. Production may go away along with exports, but you can still construct a building that requires that resource. I may be running into issues because I used olive oil, which is imported from Syracuse via Epirus at game start, though it still says importing olive oil even if the trade agreement is cancelled.

Well, ideally that would be how it would work. Like I said, it was theoretical. I consider this glitched and probably unusable.

As I said, the game can't do the math and add up the resource consumption. If you have 20 being produced and set -20 for another chain, it works fine. Set to -10, and it will for some reason say you are importing a resource instead of producing though exporting of the resource to trade partners seems to stop.

I tried to create a 'consumption' effect similar to with food, but that failed. It doesn't crash the game, but the game doesn't read it correctly and still just considers it production.

I'll try a few more things, but I'd toss this into the unusable pile. Game doesn't do it logically.

Correction - I have it working. Setting the effect scope to in_all_your_regions for both the producing building and the consuming building works. The game does the math right. I'll iron out the details. -10 x2 buildings cancels out 20 production completely. The producing building still only produces the same amount of the resource as far as I can tell, as well.

So, that leads me back to the question on limiting a resource to a single region to restrict construction. I could not get that to work with the effect scope. I guess it could be because the resources themselves get attached to the faction after they are 'produced' by the game, but can't just be attached to, say, a region. Perhaps an effect bundle will work. So I'll be testing that next.
    Also may be of use to what you're doing, Daruwind:

Creating a new effect scope from "this_building" works, however. Simply change the 'location' of the new scope to factionwide, and the game does the math correctly.
    It seems that I was a little quick to write this one off, and Daruwind has gotten it to work a little better, but we'll see.

The scope in question above:
    this_building_all factionwide yours faction building
    Last edited by ABH2; October 22, 2014 at 05:09 PM.

After some testing and quessing I produced list of possible effect scopes combinations for resource production. Game needs target to be either region or building in order to produce resource.
    Source could be anything as my testing shows and location needs to be bigger or equal to target faction>provincewide>regionwide>buildingwide)

two instances of the same effect of resource production on one building are still not working and different effect scopes still allow only positive mathematic with resources. Two different instances of two unique effects (same resource production) on one buildings are working

new effect scopes in lower spoiler
    red are my new tested
    Location - campaign_effect_scopes_table (key / location / order / ownership / source / target)

key location order ownership source target
    in_all_your_regions factionwide 0
    yours faction region
    in_all_your_buildings factionwide 0 yours faction building
    this_province_faction_all_regions factionwide 0
    yours province region
    ??? factionwide 0
    yours province building
    ??? factionwide 0 yours region region
    ??? factionwide 0 yours region building
    ??? factionwide 0 yours building region
    ??? factionwide 0 yours building building
    ??? provincewide 0
    yours faction region
    ??? provincewide 0 yours faction building
    regions_in_this_province provincewide 0
    yours province region
    ??? provincewide 0
    yours province building
    this_region_regions_in_this_province provincewide 0 yours region region
    ??? provincewide 0 yours region building
    ??? provincewide 0 yours building region
    ??? provincewide 0 yours building building
    this_region regionwide 0
    yours faction region
    this_building_region_faction_buildings regionwide 0 yours faction building
    ??? regionwide 0
    yours province region
    ??? regionwide 0
    yours province building
    ??? regionwide 0 yours region region
    this_region_buildings regionwide 0 yours region building
    this_building_region regionwide 0 yours building region
    this_building_region_buildings regionwide 0 yours building building
    not working buildingwide 0
    yours faction region
    this_building buildingwide 0 yours faction building
    ??? buildingwide 0
    yours province region
    ??? buildingwide 0
    yours province building
    ??? buildingwide 0 yours region region
    ??? buildingwide 0 yours region building
    not working buildingwide 0 yours building region
    this_building_building buildingwide 0 yours building building

Last edited by Daruwind; October 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM.

Test.

Code:
    settlement:emp_achaia_athenae emp_achaia_athenae Athenae sho_generic_castle 4 settlement
    settlement:emp_achaia_gortyna emp_achaia_gortyna Gortyna sho_generic_castle 4 settlement
    settlement:emp_achaia_sparta emp_achaia_sparta Sparta sho_generic_castle 4 settlement
    Last edited by ABH2; October 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM.

So after little testing and playing I will add Ivory as new resources. Incense is not so much unique or needed so I will scratch that one. Also Elephants are somehow linked with Ivory so I would remove them too. Well there will be new Elephant settlement chain which will be producing Ivory and will be providing upgrades to Elephant units of level 1-3....like old better horses,armor,weapons. These will be a minor bonuses for elephants. Iīm tweaking Icons at the moment. So preview should be ready thes week.

Also Iīm almost done with dividing resources between culture groups. Shortly:

Iron,Copper,.....Timber,Horses are important to all.

Gold,Silver,Ivory,Amber,Silk....for example Amber is produced in north Europe by Barbarian culture group at the start so for these faction it wonīt be so precious as for others for example.

Bricks...more important to Roman and Hellenistic and so on...

So in the end every culture group will be more interesting in certain resources as these will be more required for 3-4th levels of building. Currently all cultures are requiring resources in +/- same manner. (We are speaking about end game buildings). Still trading will produce income for everybody. Basically my dividing to primary/secondary/exotic..resources will be a little shifted for particular culture groups.
    Last edited by Daruwind; November 02, 2014 at 02:27 PM.

Hm bricks could be related to a few of the new chains. I was also thinking, some of these 'secondary' resources could also only be possible after tech upgrades (thinking of bricks and cement, but I'd need to do a bit of research there).

It's good work as always. Don't get a lot of time to provide feedback, but your work is always top notch. It's laying the groundwork for the DB stuff I like whenever I can get back to it. We are lucky to have you on board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast