Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed, version 0.5 released

Hi guys just a questions.... Play with silver elfs and on turn 1 show me { first military report}.... is there any more military reports.. Because I turn 110 and I can't train the elite elfes any help to solve this bug or is just me ....

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed, version 0.5 released

Quote Originally Posted by delfim1988 View Post
    Hi guys just a questions.... Play with silver elfs and on turn 1 show me { first military report}.... is there any more military reports.. Because I turn 110 and I can't train the elite elfes any help to solve this bug or is just me ....
    If you get the message at turn 1 you probably got the second event but you skipped it. I imagine you cannot train elites because you haven't built the right barracks level or don't have a town of a high enough level. Gsthoed has looked into the barracks event and it works. Go to your largest settlement and check the building browser. It should show you the larger barracks levels.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed, v0.5 coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan_1983 View Post
    Wedge formation for cavalry i never use as it completely nullifies the effect of a cavalry charge.
    I disagree.

A properly done wedge concentrates the impact force of the entire unit on a single point and will split a unit wide open. Wedge formations enables your men to break the enemy formation by splitting them and attack from the back; Wedge is designed to break the cohesion of the target unit. It is a shock tactic and hurts their moral by breaking formations. It is bad for extended periods of melee, so if your cavalry are going to stay engaged for a while, don't forget to take them out of wedge.

It should also be noted, for cavalry vs cavalry charge and you have the smaller charge bonus, put them in wedge. It will lessen the overall number of horses hit by charge going through, often times this is enough to totally give the odds in your favor if you have heavy cav (high melee combat) vs shock cav (charge), etc.

Tiro

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed, v0.5 coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Delta16807 View Post
    I disagree.

A properly done wedge concentrates the impact force of the entire unit on a single point and will split a unit wide open. Wedge formations enables your men to break the enemy formation by splitting them and attack from the back; Wedge is designed to break the cohesion of the target unit. It is a shock tactic and hurts their moral by breaking formations. It is bad for extended periods of melee, so if your cavalry are going to stay engaged for a while, don't forget to take them out of wedge.

It should also be noted, for cavalry vs cavalry charge and you have the smaller charge bonus, put them in wedge. It will lessen the overall number of horses hit by charge going through, often times this is enough to totally give the odds in your favor if you have heavy cav (high melee combat) vs shock cav (charge), etc.
    Okay i did not know that i am gonna do some custom battles and try out the wedge formation more, the cavalry vs cavalry tactic sounds very interesting thanks for that!

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Schiltromed units can be useful as bait for a trap. One of my favourite tactics as Lothlorien is having a few units of Yavanna's Chosen out in front in schiltrom but spaced with a goodly gap between them. Enemy infantry will invariably end up trying to surround the units (though thanks to the schiltrom formation they won't get the usual 'attacking from flank' bonuses so they'll hold out well), however in doing so they in turn end up exposing their own backs to the rest of my forces allowing my swordsmen and cavalry to charge in and massacre them with ease.
    This sounds indeed very effective as well, i mostly use schilltrom to delay the enemy by placing a cheap expendable unit in a chokepoint so the enemy will have to rout them in order to advance. And since they are in schilltrom they will hold on for a long time.

How can i delete the geography files?

In my Isengard campaign (60 turns) I don't have a single crash. The only bug I ve seen so far is the city of Bregnas that looks like Edoras on the battle map.

But as soon as I press custom battle I crash to desktop... Any tips how to solve this one?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by vitoropenedo View Post
    How can i delete the geography files?
    lefmouse clik upon the file in third age 3 data and then clik upon delete
    greetings atthias
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; July 21, 2015 at 10:55 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Semisalis

same here NO CTD in 90 turns with Angmar & Dol Amroth . Good job lads

1. Hi DAC teamHere is my thoughts regarding the balance of the faction untill turn 35 only as a spectator (Khand)
      1. Gondor for the first 30 turns was beating Mordor quite a bit, only when harad started harrasing them and took Ostihil and sent a full stack north Mordor regaind some balance. And Gondor was attacked from all sides, in the west by Enedwaith and Umbar. But they were still besiging Minas Morgul a few times until turn 30 (Gondor is my favorite faction but they seem kinda too stron against Mordor now) (they stil hold heneth, cair and both osgiliats) I dont know if this is a 1 in a 100 chases for this or is it usual now)
      2. Dol Amroth the same as before fighting Harad hard but did gain gobel tofalas island, but are owernuberd by Harad and looks lossing for them.
      3. Rohan quite a good balance with Isengard, did lose Foldberg and Helmds deep got besiged a couple of times but never taken, there is a strong host of isengard in middle of rohan but its getting harased all the time.
      4. Bree looks like the same bree as always wich is good, they should be weak. Kinda just took some rebel rovinces south and west
      6. Vale of Anduin is skirmishing dol guldur and ootmm. Nothing mayor happend.
      7. Imaldris is preety passive but they did take ost in edil even if they dont share the border with them.
      8. Thranduil is sligthly passive, only took some rebel provinces in Mirkwood, just skirmishing Dol Guldur.
      9. Lothorien is a the most agrresive of elves. they took the two rebel provinces south and continuing on one east. (think they should be more passive)
      10. Lindon is also a little agrresive, took two rebel provinces one east and one south and in the last turns declared war on enedwaith. (think they should be slower with expansion)
      11. Vale of Anduin is more or less the same, exept the southest province went rebel on them, more or less just skirmishin DG and OOTMM.
      12. Ered Luin are adwancing east slowly, having some skirmishes with angmar.
      13. Dale considering their weakend economy is doing suprisingly good, got two rebel provinces east, cutting the erebor/rhun borrder.
      14. Erebor took one or two rebel provinces skirmishing with OOTMM. Nothing mayor.
      15 Enedwaith is slow at expanding as usual. Got into a skirmish with Gondor wich invaded their lands in the south and won. Slowly expanding in Eriador but Lindon just declarew war on them. And they got alinged with the evil factions.
      16. Dunland is quite passive, after the Thabards didnt expand.
      17. Isengard, the balance with rohan is fine, they did take the rebel setlments in the south.
      18. Dorwinion did expand to three rebel setllments and is kinda on a stale mate but slightly beating Rhun (wich I think should be reverse)
      19. OOTMM finaly is able not just to hold its own but slighlyexpnd into the two new provinces in east eriador. Just skirmishin Imaldris, Vale and Erebor.
      20. Angmar is expanding westwards only matter of time before they meet Ered Luin.
      21. North Dunedain holding steady against Angmar but will start lossing unless Ered Luin gets involved.
      22. Umbar did manage to take the peninsula west of Gondor and was harrasing them from there for a while but was deafeated, now they just sit in Umbar waiting for the next croasir invasion.
      23. Harad is the strongest powerin the last two turns. harassing both dol amroth in their two provinces acrros the anduin but even more harrasing gondor at the w. osguiliath which has helped Mordor a lot.
      24. Dol Guldur is pretty much just in the forest skirmishing the anduin and thranduil from time to time. Nothing mayor. Just took a few rebel provinces.
      25. Mordor this was wierd (again I dont know if this was one in a hundread fluke, but they do seem kinda waker, as they were actualy lossing against Gondor until Harad moved north. Gondor is my favorite faction and I love to see them wining but come on, Mordor is suposed to be the overlord of all evil, maybe the province that you removed was responsible for this lack of power or maybe it was just a fluke on my side.

Anyway when you fix the bugs and crashes I hope this report heelps at least a litle regarding the balance.
      Didnt play much but the only crashes I found is somtimes in the menu, and every other faction that I select has the map of the original TATW and some have the new one.
      Hope this helps and improvess the game. Good luck with fixing the bugs DAC team.
      And almoust forgot, the Invasion on Dale was called in the first 15 turns wich they did take for a while.
      Sorry for my english spelling I know its not the best.
    Last edited by Roka1; July 21, 2015 at 11:39 AM.

@Roka1
    My answer to your entire post is 'wait'.

Thirty turns is not enough to get an idea of what will happen. The only faction who used to severely suffer in the first 50 turns was Misty.

Mordor will destroy Gondor, Angmar will fall, Rhun will cripple and beat Dorwinion (but they take ages to kill them), all the Elves will stop their expansion. Those are almost certain to happen and only 1/100 times do those factions not act that way.

General rule is that each faction stalemates with everyone until the barracks event when the whole dynamic shifts. The point of this is that certain factions are strong early game and as a human you must push hard because when the BE kicks in, you get outgunned hard. Prime example is if you don't get the funds and the lands early as Bree (something the AI doesn't do) then you will really struggle because your 'elites' are half as good as Angmar's, Isengard and Dunland.

I noticed no one comment on the soundtrack yet, IT'S INCREDIBLE. I love the elvish general voices and the new music.

I had no clue as to using schilltron as bait, I've been playing medieval 2 for 3 years o.o

I didn't know shield wall would push straight through enemy lines, that's quite useful.

ane the barracks events????
    in my game dont work. the descr_event is the file, but only say

event historic large_city_barracks
    date 15 16

no equal than vanilla

Cesar H.'s Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by abelardo.ravanal View Post

date 15 16

no equal than vanilla
    Got the same problem... and so does delfim1988.

If you get the message at turn 1 you probably got the second event but you skipped it. I imagine you cannot train elites because you haven't built the right barracks level or don't have a town of a high enough level. Gsthoed has looked into the barracks event and it works. Go to your largest settlement and check the building browser. It should show you the larger barracks levels.
    This should help you understand what he means:

Minas Tirith for example counts as a city, on the city tab it doesn't have any more stables, barracks or ranges... checking the castle tab will show the next level barracks, but it won't matter since you can't change a city to a castle or vice-versa in the mod. The same thing happens in castle type settlements, only 1 barrack, range and stables in the castle tab, but all levels on the city tab.

The 1st event in turn 1 always appears, but the other doesn't appear at any point. Even after the event was supposed to appear the buildings cannot be constructed. Out of countless times playing with the same and different factions the event never appears.

If it works for you, then could you post all the lines you have in export_descr_buildings and descr_events files? And maybe of any other file that might be affected by this.

That has always been the case in DAC. The next level military structures will not appear in the building browser until after the barracks event around turn 60 - this is nothing new or shocking. This is because the script event that is to required to enable their construction has not yet triggered; this is the same for units that cannot be trained until after the barracks event such as Amroth's Tirith Aear units.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; July 21, 2015 at 01:22 PM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

when will the installer version of DAC ready I thought that DAc shall use an installer?
    sorry if this is already answererd
    greetings atthias
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; July 21, 2015 at 01:50 PM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by abelardo.ravanal View Post

date 15 16

no equal than vanilla
    Exactly! This is the code that determines when the barracks event takes place. That is, the baracks event will take place at a turn between the beginning of year 2995 TA and the end of 2996 TA . Firstly, it pops up a "Military Report" message, which, BTW, someone (or at least me) can miss easily. Secondly, it sets the value of the event counter "large_city_barracks" (which is used in EDB for buildings and units availability) to 1.
    It works for all mods and I have verified that it works for DaC too. My last test was for Imladris: as soon as I got the corresoponding message, I see I have "Imladris Riders" and some other units, which I could not do before the event.
    For several buildings and units, there are some other requirements for their availability...

Any hotfix yet for these crashes and CTD that we get in every compaign :'( ?

As has been said a bazllion times by now: If you report a crash please provide the crash log with it. "I'm getting CTDs in campaign!!!!" is not helpful; it doesn't provide any kind of clues with regards to tracking down the source of said CTD.

ok. works, i tested. but just 1 event, for the barracks on the contrary that 2 like the vanilla TATW, make too money in turn 60 for me, in turn number 60. in VH/vh.