Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] - The Kingdom of Armenia

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - The Kingdom of Armenia

great preview

Those Nakharar look awesome! Though it seems kind of strange that the royal cataphracts look less well armoured than the Nakharar cavalry.

Nakharar are great,that's true

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Take your time and make varied units. No one would like to play faction with too few to choose.

Hi , Is there any way to differentiate Armenian Cataphracts with Parthians' ?

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

This... is epic! Great job everyone involved on these models and textures.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

This is some seriously fantastic work. Really puts CA's hopeless job at doing Armenia in place. There's one thing I'd like to stress that hasn't been corrected since the mods of Rome 1 is that at this time the Kingdom of Armenia's native name would not have been Hayasdan (or even Hayastan, which is the correct historical spelling) and instead would have been called *Mets Hayk'*, which means *Greater Armenia* in Classical Armenian. The suffix "-stan" is a Persian one and wasn't appended to the native name of Armenia until the Middle Ages. In antiquity, it would have been called *Mets Hayk*.

Regardless, that texture work is just bloody gorgeous, keep up the great work.

I thought I'd post here instead of starting a new thread.

So I was playing as the Armenian after having played the Macedonian for a while (I figured it would be a good change.). I build both types of barracks at rank 2, and suddenly I had access to Armenian Hoplites. I was excited and made an army with about 8 of them!

It was a bit of a let down when I got in battle and found out they seemed to be exactly the same model as any greek Hoplite. Is that as intended? I thought it was strange since they are not shown in this preview.

Pics: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=237091121

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by krunsh View Post
    I thought I'd post here instead of starting a new thread.

So I was playing as the Armenian after having played the Macedonian for a while (I figured it would be a good change.). I build both types of barracks at rank 2, and suddenly I had access to Armenian Hoplites. I was excited and made an army with about 8 of them!

It was a bit of a let down when I got in battle and found out they seemed to be exactly the same model as any greek Hoplite. Is that as intended? I thought it was strange since they are not shown in this preview.

Pics: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=237091121
    Thanks for pointing this out. This is a unit that was removed from the faction during the design phase, but it seems we'd forgotten to remove it from the campaign as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneros View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out. This is a unit that was removed from the faction during the design phase, but it seems we'd forgotten to remove it from the campaign as well.
    Thank you for the answer I actually stopped playing that campaign when I saw this, as I had invested lots of money in these hoplites, which turned out to be such a big turn off.

Can't wait to start a new one. All other units look amazing (Not that the hoplites don't... but they simply don't fit in.)!

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by alecwermuth View Post
    Can I take 50% of my denarii back from CA and hand it out to you guys?
    Well I purchased TWR2 so I could play DeI, but I only paid 50% for the game [feel free to forward that to CA for employing some of these dedicated modders]. After all of the wonderful mods in Rome 1 and ME2TW, I expected CA to put more effort into historical units, tactics, events, etc. They choose to do less and make even more of a kid's game. I did not want that when I played METW1 when I was a kid.

Armenia is dear to my heart and one place I really want to visit one day. For now, I will have to settle for ruling and defending it, trying to that is this mod is hard!

I think Armenia needs more love on its roster, especially when compared to its hellenic neighbors

this is so cool! thanks

boblikesoup's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    I think Armenia needs more love on its roster, especially when compared to its hellenic neighbors
    Agreed. This is my favorite faction to play because it was the most interesting starting position & a different fighting strategy from most of its encroaching neighbors.

Anyone tried a MP campaign? Im having constant issues playing as Armenia. We havent been able to get past turn 9 before we start getting crashes and connection issues which we havent had before.

Can someone on the DeI team contact me and share the sources you all used to put together your roster for Armenia? They are quite the difficult faction to research!

Meneros is currently moving to a new job so he is not available. I believe he did most of the work on this faction. Once he gets back online I am sure he would be happy to help.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing job guys! I just want to ask 2 questions : u said here are some of units, and there are 20 units in total, are they finished and when cam we see them? and the second : can we have the full 1.0 version of this mode by x-mass time?
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast