Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame02 View Post
    SO ive been making a few notes on what wont work in Mos for me. And Ive come up with some strange bottlenecks... None of the Loke units for Mordor will work when trying to load battle, Morgul Uruks dont work either, Isengard catapult crashes upon entering battle, but not the troll catapult. Everything else for Mordor works, spides, battle trolls, all the major settlements from Lord of the rings work, Minas Tirith, Erebor, Moria, Helms Deep, etc. and ive not yet had a problem with the amount of units in a battle yet, however certain settlements wont work while playing campaign as any given faction and the entire Isengard Faction units will crash upon battlewhether it be due to one of these strange bottlenecks.

I know ive been told already my computer hardware is to outdated for this, But im stuck on how everything else works perfectly fine, especially the historical settlements with all the detail.. Minas Tirith.. common does this not sound a little strange to anyone?
    It is indeed strange, but also quite unique. I never seen a report like this one in two years of supporting MOS. I don't know what is causing this and can't offer any solution, although I think the hardware is still the most likely culprit.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthan View Post
    Playing as the Silvan Elves, trying to battle the rebels south of my starting point, a forest region, some great spiders and bowmen, using an adopted general with the starting units.
    Did have a ctd when I first started the game after the install and everything was fine after I ran the Cleaner.bat and now at my first battle it crashes..

1.70 MOS is a clean install, re-installed TATW and MOS 1.70 and ran the Cleaner.bat.

Sorry for the double post.
    It could be caused by the spiders, see HERE for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricedaddy View Post
    Hey everyone,

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I'm been digging around the forums and did a search for this exact problem and haven't come across it yet. When I begin a new MOS campaign I don't get any of the scripts in the message area. None at all. Otherwise everything is functioning fine, and I can see MOS elements elsewhere compared to the vanilla TATW install I had been running. I have followed instructions for installation found on the forum and did a complete reinstall of TATW and MOS. I'm running TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.6.1 through Steam on Windows 7. If anyone can tell me if I've missed instructions to activate the script spawning or if I'm missing an add-on or something I'd very much appreciate it. Thank you!
    Welcome to TWC

MOS 1.61. Well you are of course free to play any version you want, but this one was "abandoned" almost two years ago. Perhaps somebody else will step in as I only really got involved with version 1.62 and know little to none of the problems 1.61 had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingolinho View Post
    Hello guys, I play MOS for a couple years, it never gave me problem before. But... this new version - 1.70 patch 5, clean install -, aside being awesome, has came with good crashy things.
    First issue: Rochand's Royal Kinsmen became nazgūls themselves! Quite actually, more nazgūls then nazgūls themselves. Have invisible faces, grey block which was supposed to be the beard and the hands with - I believe to be - hair skin.

Someone else who take the One Ring to himself and became a nazgūl was the Arnorian heroe Aragorn. Actually, he became the Silver Surfer as the kinsmen's beard. He, as a King of Arnor, in custom battle, is all grey, not even the armor is "seeable", as it is for the kinsmen.

Second issue: playing as Lothlorien, must get a fight but it always crashs when archers' fight has begun and melee units are approaching. It is against Mordor - with mountain trolls unit, the only big difference in comparison to other battles -, around Dol Guldur. Have noticed, in custom battle, lothlorien against Gondor has crashed as well, but there wasn't any unit which I haven't used before, either in custom and in the campaign battle-crashes.
    Also, Dol Guldur is on mirkwood, and that battle always starts in some kind of grassy plains which remember me the Dunland. And, weirdly, the units can hide like in woods in certain areas and not on others, even they being the same grassy plains to my eyes.

And third and last, the AUI change for Rohan half works. It actually just actualized the map, it get with green things at it sides, but all the rest keeps as it was. For exemple, I was playing with Dunland, exchanged to Rohan but only the map has changed, and the "close window" or "ok" button was the brown seal of the eagle [?]/flying anonymous bird. Then exchanged to Dale for testing, and again to Rohan and the same... everything else except the map stayed dale's theme.

Hope you guys can help me out, really LOVE this submod! It is it, but if it got confusing, i can take some prints.
    Welcome to TWC.

To be honest, this is indeed a bit confusing, some pictures would certainly help and if you know how, a savegame may be useful too. But lets start with the pictures, use spoiler tags for them if you know how.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Thanks for the welcome!
    I tried to upload the save as attachment but it didn't work, so I put it in mediafire here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6i...Lothlorien.sav
    Kinsmen and Aragorn... glitch [?]
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In the last one there's more helmingas then dismounted kinsmen, but we can see them

The Rohan AUI problem
    Look at the map, it changed. But not the rest.

And the battlemap/the battle which I was talking about.
    In this battle I hold the hills, shooting the enemy from their west, but in these screens I face them directly. Didn't crashed until I left the battle, perhaps because it was quickly, once I just faced them?
    Also, where are the trees of mirkwood? Notice the guys hiding. Some areas they hide, some other they don't, even the hole map being that grassy hill.

I cant start the Mod. Always if i want to start the mod then i have an error:

Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods \Third_Age_3\G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    Line: 26
    Sign: 23
    Error: Not allowed
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Runtimeerror in Microsoft VBScript

This is exactly what i get at the error window. Normal Third Age 3.2 or Alternate Patch 4.8 is running without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Harun View Post
    I cant start the Mod. Always if i want to start the mod then i have an error:

Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods \Third_Age_3\G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    Line: 26
    Sign: 23
    Error: Not allowed
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Runtimeerror in Microsoft VBScript

This is exactly what i get at the error window. Normal Third Age 3.2 or Alternate Patch 4.8 is running without any problems.
    Hmm.. What is the name of the folder where your MOS files/MOS submod is installed? Third_Age_3 or something else?

Also, be sure to take Ownership of your whole/main Medieval II Total War folder, this way you'll avoid these kind of issues. Search the Internet for: How to take ownership of a file or folder in "your Windows version" ( insert your Windows version of course ). Here is an example for Windows 8: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/take-ownership-windows-8
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

i have a very big problem. I have done the installation and running the cleaner bat file. i have the steam gold version of medival 2. When i want to start the third age steam.bat file it crashes: dont find medival 2 folder and switcher. I created a new medival2.exe by copying medival2 exe data in the medival2 folder. but he also crashes with the switcher error. Dont know what to do. I have windows 7 ultimate.

@Negugi so much thanks that fixed the problem, now Arnor works fine

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Meerwolf View Post
    i have a very big problem. I have done the installation and running the cleaner bat file. i have the steam gold version of medival 2. When i want to start the third age steam.bat file it crashes: dont find medival 2 folder and switcher. I created a new medival2.exe by copying medival2 exe data in the medival2 folder. but he also crashes with the switcher error. Dont know what to do. I have windows 7 ultimate.
    I have the Mos 1.7 download from Megafire.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I have the Mos 1.7 download from Megafire.
    Did you install TATW before installing MOS 1.7? You don't mention it.

If you haven't done so yet, take a look at the install instructions in the first post of this thread. Carefully check if you did everything as it says there.

If you are convinced you did everything right, have a look at the post by Elvenkind right above where you posted first.

And of course, welcome to TWC!

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hey all. First post here in years. I've been playing third age/MOS and absolutely love it, to start off.

Quick question / request. As you can see from my name that I've had since 2006, High elves are quite a big deal to me! So I started a high elf campaign. However, for nostalgic reason, I really want them to be golden like the noldor in the first age. (Not sure why its so important to me but yeah)
    I searched and saw they used to be but it was changed. I tried to download the high elven armor patch mentioned in the first post, but the MEGA links are dead.

Question is does anyone have a working link, or can anyone upload the textures? (or is there another way I can patch it)

Thanks so much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Did you install TATW before installing MOS 1.7? You don't mention it.

If you haven't done so yet, take a look at the install instructions in the first post of this thread. Carefully check if you did everything as it says there.

If you are convinced you did everything right, have a look at the post by Elvenkind right above where you posted first.

And of course, welcome to TWC!
    Thank you for the tip , i havent noticed that i need also the third age mode

Hi! I'm playing the currently version of this awsome mod, adn I have two simple questions:

1. Playing with Isengard is posible to take the One Ring for Saruman and backstab Mordor???
    2. What I have to do to upgrade my units? I believe that is only necessary get some smith level, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your job.

By the other hand, I'm actually in three campaigns, harder than the previous version (Rhun, High Elves -ok ok, I Know this is easy when you get the noldor units- and Gondor). In my Gondor campaign I got an army for the diplomatic meeting, and that turned on the Sauron's counter attack, and I was dissapointed by the weak army spawn near my capital, and by have to wait 50 turns more for being target for another. Why the weak army???

Excuse me if I got some mistakes, I'm learning english hahaha.

So is the Balrog gone from the game? He's not in custom battle and I wasn't able to get him in my last OotMM campaign (before the update) even though I built the mines after turn 90.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lizandro de Partia View Post
    Hi! I'm playing the currently version of this awsome mod, adn I have two simple questions:

1. Playing with Isengard is posible to take the One Ring for Saruman and backstab Mordor???
    2. What I have to do to upgrade my units? I believe that is only necessary get some smith level, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your job.

By the other hand, I'm actually in three campaigns, harder than the previous version (Rhun, High Elves -ok ok, I Know this is easy when you get the noldor units- and Gondor). In my Gondor campaign I got an army for the diplomatic meeting, and that turned on the Sauron's counter attack, and I was dissapointed by the weak army spawn near my capital, and by have to wait 50 turns more for being target for another. Why the weak army???

Excuse me if I got some mistakes, I'm learning english hahaha.
    1 this is only possible in DAC
    2 do you mean the armour of the uints then you are correct
    3 the spawns will get stronger over time
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySOTF View Post
    Launch game, screen somes up, loads for a few seconds, crashes, any ideas?
    I had the same problem after installing the new version on top of a previous one, and all seemed to be correctly installed. Finally realized the shortcut was the problem: I created a knew one and then all worked correctly! Hope this is useful, though I'm not a steam user..

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    On the matter of the current and future status of MOS and the team:

Development of MOS has been halted for quite some time now due to time constraints and other real life issues that happened. Also we are only a very small team to begin with.
    Latest problem to occur is a (seemingly) never ending string of hardware failures that Hero is plagued by. When this is solved, he should be back in action. All announcements/updates about a new MOS version will probably have to wait till this happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post

You are both being awfully optimistic I'm afraid
    For all intents and purposes, the mod is dead until Hero resurfaces. Veteraan and I (he more than I) will keep offering support and we will fix gamebreaking and very annoying bugs if they still pop up, but neither of us have the time and energy to develop this mod without Hero.
    To anticipate any further questions: I've not heard from Hero for quite some time.
    Thank you both Greymane and Veteraan for the mod, for keeping supporting it and for the info: it's glad to hear any news about the current status of the development team, hopefullly we will get more content from the team for the mod after Hero deals with the problems; this mod is awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ricedaddy View Post
    Hey everyone,

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I'm been digging around the forums and did a search for this exact problem and haven't come across it yet. When I begin a new MOS campaign I don't get any of the scripts in the message area. None at all. Otherwise everything is functioning fine, and I can see MOS elements elsewhere compared to the vanilla TATW install I had been running. I have followed instructions for installation found on the forum and did a complete reinstall of TATW and MOS. I'm running TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.6.1 through Steam on Windows 7. If anyone can tell me if I've missed instructions to activate the script spawning or if I'm missing an add-on or something I'd very much appreciate it. Thank you!
    None of the script dialogues are showing up, eh? It's been some years since last I had a chance to play the mod, and longer than that since I've installed it last (hardware problems followed by severe money problems) but it sounds a lot like a bad download to me. Tell me, was MOS 1.6.1 something you downloaded recently, or have you had it for a long time and it only started giving you problems recently?

I'm getting instant CTD as soon as the game starts, i've installed TATW 3.2, launched it to see if it worked, and all was good, after unacking this into the folder, as soon as I launch the americas (through steam), the TATW loading screen briefly appears and in less than 1 second all closes down, no error.

*Forgot how to edit my own posts so i'll post again.

Apparently the "full version" comes in 2 parts each, so I guess thats why it wasn't working, I must have downloaded a simple patch, but the name is really confusing, makes it sound its 1.7 with 04 included :/.

Hopefully by full version you dont mean TATW+mos together ><.

Now im getting unspecified error when launching through steam, and I can't run the .bat files to launch since they say they can't find medieval2.exe or the GBAI5 script.

Running steam, and I made sure to make the americas folder and edit the .bat files to change Third_Age_3 to americas, still nothing... wierd...

Say... It's been a few years. Didn't Boromir used to have a Citadel Guard bodyguard unit, or am I completely mistaken?