Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7 Bugfix 2 released 04-05-2015

I just got a really weird bug... I am on turn 86 as Arnor VH/VH. When I end the turn from 85 to 86, my pointer turns into a spinning ring that never goes away. I can sort of click on things, but it is like once every 50 clicks. I can't even quit or save, I have to alt tab and then end Medieval with Task Manager. I ran the Cleaner a couple times and it hasn't seemed to work. I am on Windows if that helps. :/
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7 Bugfix 2 released 04-05-2015

Quote Originally Posted by DaSwede97 View Post
    Quick Question; is it possible to transfer a save file to a different computer? I recently got a laptop and it runs games much much better than my old desktop. Just wondering if I could take my save file and put it on to my laptop. Thanks
    Yes, it is easy. Just find the map where your saves are located and copy the save files to a usb and paste them at your new laptop. Do make sure that you have the same version on your old laptop and your new laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSwede97 View Post
    I just got a really weird bug... I am on turn 86 as Arnor VH/VH. When I end the turn from 85 to 86, my pointer turns into a spinning ring that never goes away. I can sort of click on things, but it is like once every 50 clicks. I can't even quit or save, I have to alt tab and then end Medieval with Task Manager. I ran the Cleaner a couple times and it hasn't seemed to work. I am on Windows if that helps. :/
    Thanks in advance!
    I would try to reload a earlier save and try to play from there. Or try Veteraan's instructions, they might help a AI unit is stuck some where:

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    We have been working on this problem and found somebody who provided a working solution to prevent at least this happening at the river crossing at Micelhold. When it has been tested and no problems are found it will be included in the next update.

For People having this problem now, I made a special video with instructions on how to solve this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks Davek! I will certainly look for the save and I will try out Veteraan's strategy

In your mod folder (usually Third age total war or something like that) there is map with the save files. Otherwise call a save file a really distinct name (like AAA123) and it will be easy to find it by doing a search.

Would I be able to restore the Shire and/or Ent autonomy scripts in 1.7 if I just opened up the campaign_script.txt file from the 1.6.2 version and copied and pasted the "Autonomous Regions mod" part of that file? Or would it require more work than that?

Marso's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Yes, I have seen your post in that thread, thanks for that.

It is not entirely clear to me what you mean by the spider-general being in a men made army and the general of the army is a man. Do you mean that there are two generals in such an army, one being "a man" and the other a spider? I can't recall ever seeing a spider general before, spider captains yes.
    I mean the i have got two kind of spiders: the normal ones, and the blue ones (blue when you look at their card on the campaign map). Yes, since the first crashings i didn't see problems anymore. I fought spiders, ents and everything was okay. I'm playing as the Thranduil's faction (i don't remember the proper name, i'm sorry): could it be the faction, the problem?

I found a huge bug

I'm playing as the Silvan Elves.
    When i reunited their ancient realm nothing changed: nothing! I got a note which asked me if i wanted to reunite my kingdom and i accepted, but nothing really changed.
    Not a new troop, nor new colors or symbols, everything remained the same.

Now, here comes the best part: i got a note that said that the free people of eriador reunited their kingdom so they became Arnor and what happened? I got arnor symbol! The woodland realm symbol remained only in the diplomacy window!
    I laugh but it's very... "strange"!

If you tell me how to make screenshot i'll show you that.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Marso View Post
    I found a huge bug

I'm playing as the Silvan Elves.
    When i reunited their ancient realm nothing changed: nothing! I got a note which asked me if i wanted to reunite my kingdom and i accepted, but nothing really changed.
    Not a new troop, nor new colors or symbols, everything remained the same.

Now, here comes the best part: i got a note that said that the free people of eriador reunited their kingdom so they became Arnor and what happened? I got arnor symbol! The woodland realm symbol remained only in the diplomacy window!
    I laugh but it's very... "strange"!

If you tell me how to make screenshot i'll show you that.
    if you use steam hit F12
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default I CANNOT EXTRACT MOS SUBMOD, SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!

I have tried everything, i dont understand why i cant extract it again( i already had it installed, but i had to unistalled M2TW for some reason).

SOMEONE HELP!!! I can extract it anywhere but the mods folder of M2TW

//Threads merged
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 07, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

Default Re: I CANNOT EXTRACT MOS SUBMOD, SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!

Extract MOS elsewhere and copy and paste it into your mod folder. I might be necessary to the Batch files in order have them direct the game to the right maps.

Also this question should have been asked in the MOS forum, which can be found in sub mod section.

//Threads merged
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 07, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

Hi Marso,
    Really the main benefit of reuniting the kingdom is unlocking the abilility to recruit the very powerful Ents. But first you will to build the Ent house first. Check your building browser.
    I also seem to remember that Thranduil (or whomever your FL is) gets an ancilliary or two.
    No other changes that I remember (was a long time ago).
    That was playing in Ver 1.62 and I don't remember reading anything changed with Ver 1.70.
    The Ents are WELL worth the effort of Kingdom Reunifcation.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

I got a big problem over hear, can someone help me?

The big problem is that it says: "The system could not find the specified path" and " Denied access". Regarding to the bat files and some of the data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by holandas View Post
    The big problem is that it says: "The system could not find the specified path" and " Denied access". Regarding to the bat files and some of the data folder.
    You need to either Edit Security for your main M2TW folder as explained here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-) ), or take Ownership of M2TW folder. Then select the folder path in your WinRar or whatever you use to extract the files.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

In-game question regarding Eriador:

Just started a campaign, looking to reforge Arnor. Eriador's culture is Northmen, with various minorities, including Dunédain here and there. On reforging Arnor, will Northmen still be the country's culture? Will culture converting buildings remove Dunédain culture when playing as Eriador? Do I want/need Dunédain culture?

I ask this, as there are cultural unrest some places in the realm, but I am hesitant to conversion due to fearing that I might remove something important.

Thank you very much for answering me. Means alot. Ill do it right now.

Besides i installed Rage of the Dark Gods firs this time, could this submod change it?

Civis

How do you use the settlement viewer?

Click on the 'Locate Settlement' button in the lower left hand corner of the settlement scroll, and then follow the instructions from the advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    if you use steam hit F12
    greetings atthias
    I don't use steam. However, the game crashed and everything came back to its place
    Quote Originally Posted by twmatador View Post
    Hi Marso,
    Really the main benefit of reuniting the kingdom is unlocking the abilility to recruit the very powerful Ents. But first you will to build the Ent house first. Check your building browser.
    I also seem to remember that Thranduil (or whomever your FL is) gets an ancilliary or two.
    No other changes that I remember (was a long time ago).
    That was playing in Ver 1.62 and I don't remember reading anything changed with Ver 1.70.
    The Ents are WELL worth the effort of Kingdom Reunifcation.
    Oh, so i made it! I'm using ents, they are a force of nature (literally )
    Thranduil's ancillaries are the same, moreover i conquered Sauron's palantir, but my king got no ancillary to use it! I don't know if i have to take him to Barad-dur to obtaine the palantiri ancillary. I'll try..

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Marso View Post
    I don't use steam. However, the game crashed and everything came back to its place

Oh, so i made it! I'm using ents, they are a force of nature (literally )
    Thranduil's ancillaries are the same, moreover i conquered Sauron's palantir, but my king got no ancillary to use it! I don't know if i have to take him to Barad-dur to obtaine the palantiri ancillary. I'll try..
    the king has maybe already 8 anilaries and if not the plantir of sauron can anly used by evil factions please MOS team correct me if I am wrong
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz