Thread: Unofficial patching of RTRPEv2.0

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Unofficial patching of RTRPEv2.0

Greetings fellow players! I wished to open this thread to start recollecting all data and mini-patches for the newest version of RTRPE, in order to fix all the small things that haven't been noticed, yet need fixing.

So far, I've been able to put together two mini-fixes. My hopes are to be able to offer a cumulative patch that is able to fix the biggest amount of small details that are only noticed by a few. After all, my motivation to begin with this started by seeing reports of bugs/glitches/other problems and contributions to fix them, even though more than a year has passed since the official release. This makes me think it's not too late at all to start with some unofficial patching.

The fix-files are:
    -debux's population growth rebalancing: by removing the unbalancing and rather silly "Food Imports" effect and restoring the farm base values to the ones of RTRPEv1.9, starting a campaign should be more forgiving, especially for the AI.
    (13/12/2013: Just found out I forgot to add the file that restored the base farm values to a reasonable number. Sorry! This has been corrected.)
    -Combination of Sarissofoi's and Prince Eugene's EDB's fixing: both found some small details not noticed in the editing of "export_descr_buildings" to ensure the least amount of possible CTDs caused by this file. I've linked their names to the post where they detail what changes they made. I also added the gallic slinger unit to be recruitable in all the barracks it should be recruitable from.

That's it, for now. This is where you, the reader, come in! If you've noticed anything strange, that doesn't seem to work the way it should, please notify your findings or doubts here, in order to have a database of stuff that needs fixing.

Proposals of fixable things:
    -Making the Roman Leadership feature compatible with the 2tpy campaign. No progress here, I'll start investigating and finding out what I have to do once I have time to dedicate my time to this fully. Contributions are more than welcome.
    -Little unit availability for custom battles: Carthage, for instance, is barely capable or recruiting half of the units they could have used, or have used at some point in history (and has been recorded). I'm currently in process of doing this.
    -More AoR/merc units available in campaign: while fiddling in descr_regions, I noticed there were many unused hidden resources, that indicated that there was an intention at some point to make balearic/rhodian slingers and cretan archers recruitable. I wish to expand on this, and find more interesting and region specific units that could have such a privilege. I do need help with this, since my knowledge on unit rosters for RTRPE is very, *very* dusty.

Again, I wish to stress the fact that any contribution, even a simple report of something you found strange or odd, is helpful. Hadn't it been because of forum users reporting these issues, and others posting solutions, I'd never started this initiative. So please, help me keep it alive, and give RTRPE's deserved patching!

Lastly, if you're going to +rep, please +rep all contributors. I have not done anything more "deserving" than they have, as we all have the same motivation to share our finishing touches to the grand masterpiece that is this mod.
    Last edited by debux; December 13, 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: 13/12/2013: corrected missing file
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Unofficial patching of RTRPEv2.0

There's the roman leadership issue when using default 2 turns per year of which it still acts as in 4 turns per year. Never manage to finish that unfortunately.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    There's the roman leadership issue when using default 2 turns per year of which it still acts as in 4 turns per year. Never manage to finish that unfortunately.
    Silly me, I had your PM open the whole time while I was writing this thread. I forgot completely, must have been the "open-new-thread/stage fright" Added!

@ahowl11, thanks to you!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

I noticed that the Victory Condition description is missing from the faction panel while in a campaign. Is this intended?

I think that it is a bug that has yet to be fixed.