Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bugfix Patch v3.02

Default New Bugfix Patch v3.02

Installation over v3.0:
    Extract the files in your rome total war folder, where the file RomeTW-ALX.exe is placed.

I have tried to make it savegame compatible.

LIST OF CHANGES

Fixes:
    - Fixed crash at start when spanish or italian traductions are enabled.
    - Fixed crash while loading a battle caused by townguard texture (Free peoples unit).
    - Fixed crash while loading a siege battle when there are elven walls in a barbarian or eastern settlement.
    - Fixed wrong placement of Rivendel plaza in campaign battles.
    - Fixed wrong strat model (Helm's deep wall) when there are stone walls in barbarian cities. Rohan can no longer build stone walls.
    - Moved the spawn position of scripted reinforcements (at Helms Deep and Minas Tirith) to give them chances to participate in the siege battle.

Balance adjustments:
    - Increased upkeep costs of Gondor units. Dol Amroth can only recruit his regional units.
    - Reduced attack (from 8 to 6) and shield (from 6 to 3) of Isengard Pikemen. Increased range of scouts (from 90 to 120) and crossbowmen (from 90 to 130).
    - Elves can no longer be recruited in Mordor regions. And can no longer get the Farmer trait.
    - Dwarves can upgrade the core buildings again (and so increase the city level). They can build wooden walls in non dwarven cities.
    - Rebels faction can build walls again.
    - Factions that can not build the higher training Arena building (with bonuses to experience) can now take advantage of this bonus at conquered cities where the building was already built.
    - Custom battles: moved the lossarnach units from free-peoples to gondor roster again. Enabled townguards and bree militia for them instead.

Difficulty changes:
    - Doubled the construction costs of all buildings for the player (AI factions get a bonus to keep same costs).
    - Increased monetary help to AI factions, specially for Isengard.
    - Increased the possible player factions that could trigger the scripted reinforcements for the AI

They are few changes, but I think they make the campaign much more challenging than the original v3.0.
    I have started 3 campaigns with Rohan, Isengard and Gondor (VH/VH), and it is the first time that I was unable to destroy my enemies by joining my forces in a rush attack. The increased costs of the buildings and the stronger economy of the AI makes it hard to defend the captured regions. Yet, the AI use the same recruitment and upkeep rules than players, so they can not spawn infinite armies and every battle is important.

I included a submod with the old construction costs (Mods\lotrtw - Cheap Construction) for people who prefer an easier managment of economy and faster city development.
    I also updated the submod with reduced recruitment times (Mods\lotrtw - Fast Recruitment), but I prevent you that the game seems more challenging with default rules. With reduced times, the AI recruits too many weak units in the begining, while human players can wait and then recruit fast armies of strong units when needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bardo; August 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Default Re: WIP Bugfix v3.01

I say it is WIP (work in progress) because there are some other issues that I would like to address, like the crashes caused by elves walls in some settlements, or the problems caused because dwarves can not grow up their cities, but I tested this current patch and it seems playable. I also want to confirm if it fixes all the crashes related to free-people unit textures, if you still have some of those savegames.

Tell me if there is any other important bug or unbalance that I forgot.

Awesome Bardo!

Great to know the mod is still being updated, I'll give it a try tonight, thx for the patch!

Downloaded the patch and made some hot-fixes for myself, based on the discussion in the suggestions tread:
    Isengard
    Dreadguards training time increased to 2.
    Pikemen shield reduced to 3; cost reduced to 410,140, the rest as dreadguards; unit size up to 50.

Gonna start a M/VH (since I play on touchpad for now) campaign as Isengard and try out how this affects the balance. Also maybe start another campaign for some neighbouring faction just to see the unit composition from the AI.

Nice, good to know you still have some time left. Should i upload the patch in ModDB or should i wait you to fix the other things you want to fix?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Hi Wulfburg, I'm glad you keep supporting the mod in moddb.
    I prefer to wait, at least until we confirm that it fixes the crashes related to free people textures. I'll warn you when ready so you can upload it to moddb, hopefully before the end of this month.

I have to include also the fixes to isengard pikemen and vanguards, pointed by Leeroy9000.

I do not think I can fix the problem related to walls built in settlements of different culture. I can't find any way to avoid it completely, and we would need Seth to make those walls compatible with other cultures. So I guess the official bugfix patch will be very similar to the current one.

After having played this patch for several days, it seems to be a lot more stable than the previous one, only had one crash in a battle, when I attacked an army of dunelings sieging Isengard, with Saruman in a reinforcing army, which may be the cause of a problem, but I was ALT-TABing so that may have been the reason as well. After the reload the same battle went well.
    The increased cost of buildings makes the game a bit harder, making you to choose whether to put those money in army production or to invest in some buildings. Guess it will become of less importance in the later stages of the game, but early on it really matters.

Thank you for the feedback Leeroy9000.

I found the cause of crashes when there are elven walls in barbarian or eastern settlements, it was a missing .info file related to towers in the corners. My fix will use vanilla towers/walls in those sections to avoid crashes.
    I'm testing a version where dwarven cities have walls, and dwarves can upgrade the core buildings. I prefer this option better than no walls and no city upgrade.
    Once finished I'll share the patch here as v3.02. It surely will be savegame compatible.

Nice! Some exciting fixes I'm looking forward to it!

Default Re: New Bugfix Patch v3.02

New version 3.02 uploaded.
    Once tested for a few days, I'll add the link to the main dowload topic.

LIST OF CHANGES (in bold the changes compared to v3.01)

Fixes:
    - Fixed crash at start when spanish or italian traductions are enabled.
    - Fixed crash while loading a battle caused by townguard texture (Free peoples unit).
    - Fixed crash while loading a siege battle when there are elven walls in a barbarian or eastern settlement.
    - Fixed wrong strat model (Helm's deep wall) when there are stone walls in barbarian cities. Rohan can no longer build stone walls.
    - Fixed wrong placement of Rivendel plaza in campaign battles.
    - Moved the spawn position of scripted reinforcements (at Helms Deep and Minas Tirith) to give them chances to participate in the siege battle.

Balance adjustments:
    - Increased upkeep costs of Gondor units. Dol Amroth can only recruit his regional units.
    - Reduced attack (from 8 to 6) and shield (from 6 to 3) of Isengard Pikemen. Increased range of scouts (from 90 to 120) and crossbowmen (from 90 to 130).
    - Elves can no longer be recruited in Mordor regions. And can no longer get the Farmer trait.
    - Dwarves can upgrade the core buildings again (and so increase the city level). They can build wooden walls in non dwarven cities.
    - Rebels faction can build walls again.
    - Factions that can not build the higher training Arena building (with bonuses to experience) can now take advantage of this bonus at conquered cities where the building was already built.
    - Custom battles: moved the lossarnach units from free-peoples to gondor roster again. Enabled townguards and bree militia for them instead.

Difficulty changes:
    - Doubled the construction costs of all buildings for the player (AI factions get a bonus to keep same costs).
    - Increased monetary help to AI factions, specially for Isengard.
    - Increased the possible player factions that could trigger the scripted reinforcements for the AI
    Last edited by Bardo; August 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks for the patch btw, I still can't give +rep, does it require a certain post count?

It does require 45-50 post, i'm not sure now...

Good work, Bardo (i debt you rep too)

Since the latest patch seems to be working without important problems, I'm going to do a single pack joining the 3 current intallers/patches (2.0 + 3.0 + 3.02).
    My idea was to make this one a simple .zip (in stead of windows installer) so it is easier for mac or steam users. I'll try to share it in torrent if my uploading capability is good enough.

Awesome Bardo can't wait! Although I still really think it would be good for an installer since it's the most complete experience for the mod to date (3 full patches!)
    The mod definitely deserves this after all these years.

There shouldn't be much of a problem if all the files are packaged within the lotr-tw subfolder.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Good news, Bardo!

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

For some reason the link isn't working for me. The URL loads but nothing comes up on screen and nothing downloads.

The link is working for me, it is an attachment placed in this forum, I'm no sure why not working for you.
    Here it is another link from Dropbox:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....02_Bugfix.zip

You can also find it in moddb.

The link is working for me, it is an attachment placed in this forum, I'm no sure why not working for you.
    Here it is another link from Dropbox:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....02_Bugfix.zip

You can also find it in moddb.

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Ok, great. That link worked! Thank you.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

thank you for the patch.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast