Page 60 of 104 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin View Post
    Hmm, I do that, but it still resets my settings the next time I play SS. Maybe that's just how it is?
    If its any help. Start up your MTW2 original game. change your settings then run pick any country its just to run once..... Then when you run SS next time your settings are the default ones...... Tah da

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

If there's NO SS7.0 or the likelihood of NOT!!!!!!!!!!! What are we to doooooooooo Since 6.4 there's been a load of upgrades done to it from here..... That's got to be worth an update PLEASE.........

hello there can someone explain to me how the logistian trait for generals work because all my generals all ways get them and i dont know how to revert them
    also this is without bygs grim mods

Is it cheap to use the remove minimap fog of war cheat so I can see what's going on in the world? I would like to see who's dominant in Iberia, who conquer's Italy, if the Scots or the English get control of the isles, etc. Maybe I could set it at a thing where I could only use it every 20 years to simulate the slowness of gathering information on the borders of other kingdoms. I feel like getting the buildings for diplomats and sending them out into the world takes too long and is a little tedious when I'm trying to manage my kingdom and wars.

I used it here and then at times, especially when I needed to find a princess for my heir, and its not really that easy to find them on the map just by walking around, I also looked at the sate of the world, but didn't use it to plan to strike back most effectively at my enemies since the AI is not really that smart in the first place and I can beat it easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

I have two questions about unit stats:

1. Why do HRE feudal knights have an attack of 4 compared to that of 7 for the other faction's feudal knights (barring France)?
    2. Why do pavaise spearmen have a higher shield value than pavaise crossbowmen?

Also I love using the fow cheat to see the rest of the world, it's interesting to watch the development of the rest of the world.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

1. To try and represent that HRE knights arent quite as good as French/English. Not really balanced very well in my opinion. They should have a slightly higher attack and lower charge.
    2. Pavise crossbowmen actually only have their shield on their back. Thats why the shield value is lower. Yes its the same size shield but you cant really use it as well if its on your back side.

Why aren't HRE knights as good as French/english knights?

French Knights are always portrayed (in most games) as the best of the best knights of western Europe, I suppose is because their medieval armies relied heavily on these. Also historical accounts about medieval French and German warfare confirm that while French employed massive mounted knights effectively, the Germans did so with knights on foot.

In short germans were not renown to be as great horsemen as french.

Where English knights fit in all of this? dunno, I suppose its because of their Franco-Norman heritage, in the early hight middle ages their armies resembled more the french, but later being more longbowmen and foot knight oriented, which is represented in the game as well.
    Last edited by Melooo182; April 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

initially the English nobility would have spoken french and would have been of the knight caste, as the english identity developed so to did the english knightly class, order of the garter etc. In most battles that i have read about the english deploy foot knights with infantry and longbow with limited cavalry. In fact the french seem to rely to heavily on knights on horse back hence their defeats in the early part of the hundred years war. Basically the knightly caste was mostly originating from France anyway, as you say, the Franco-Norman knightly class were the ruling caste in England and only gained their sense of Englishness as part of successive kings of England refusing to pay homage to the French King for the duchy of Aquitaine.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    French Knights are always portrayed (in most games) as the best of the best knights of western Europe, I suppose is because their medieval armies relied heavily on these. Also historical accounts about medieval French and German warfare confirm that while French employed massive mounted knights effectively, the Germans did so with knights on foot.

In short germans were not renown to be as great horsemen as french.

Where English knights fit in all of this? dunno, I suppose its because of their Franco-Norman heritage, in the early hight middle ages their armies resembled more the french, but later being more longbowmen and foot knight oriented, which is represented in the game as well.
    I can understand that the french knights are better but making the HRR knights worse than normal knights...that's .
    Well and the english were never known for their good cavalry, maybe it was different during the norman influenced period.
    English nobility would have spoken french and would have been of the knight caste
    There is a difference between a noble and a knight, it's a specific title and a knight would need to be knighted,most "normal nobles" weren't.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

I can understand that the french knights are better but making the HRR knights worse than normal knights...that's .
    I agree, i would just made german knights less available and/or expensive.

"Imperial Knights" (mace armed ones) wouldn't completely replace chivalric knights (sword armed) just make the former more common than the later.

It could have been managed with AOR as well, some regions with good knights and others dont....but well...i suppose i can do a submod about this xD

How historically accurate is the Castle/Town system of vanilla and vanilla Stainless Steel?

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kadoken View Post
    How historically accurate is the Castle/Town system of vanilla and vanilla Stainless Steel?
    Its really not at all.

Something that is easier then typing it out:

Feudalism

Middle Ages

Why doesn't Stainless Steel have an option to have all settlements be cities like some submods? Or is that even more unrealistic?

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

When does Byzantine get access to such units as Veranion guard, Alamoni, Poroanoi, and Gasmuli? ( I know I spelled them wrong but you should get the idea )

Playing a late campaign and it just got into the 1300's.

Also, do the Timurid's ever make an appearance ? Fighting the endless stacks of Mongols is getting a wee bit tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Vissewalde rex de Gerzika View Post
    Thank you very much for that!

Righteous Fury's Avatar Civis

Is the info contained there update-to-date? I only ask because it says of Longbowmen...
    • Longbowmen are recruited in Castles with a Practice after the Heavy Mail event in the early 13th century (1200-1215)...

However, I am in year 1253 and do not have access to Longbowmen, even though I have met all the prerequisites. I just thought this meant the info contained here-in was out of date. Please let me know, thank you.
    Last edited by Righteous Fury; April 16, 2014 at 04:51 PM.
    NEVER SUBMIT
    NEVER SURRENDER

Has anyone ever legitimately endured a game playing as the Golden Horde (Mongols)?
    I originally started a test game and ended up irrecoverably 1 million in debt . (I’ve since restarted with different tactics.)

I appreciate the Mongols were engineered originally as a vanilla “non-playable” faction but...

I was just curious if anyone legitimately survived playing as them (preferably without disbanding everything first and just sitting there in cities for 80+ turns ) because they prove great fun, some of their unit models are pristine and the campaign map with its steppes and mountains in that area is absolutely stunning ...

Just wondering whether it is actually feasible persevering...or to customize the descr_strat and then play etc ???
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; April 17, 2014 at 04:13 AM.