Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Preview LOTR-TW v3.0

Default Final Preview LOTR-TW v3.0

Most of the new content have been already previewed. These are some screenshots from the latest tests I made with the historical battles and the fellowship scripted campaign.
    The remaining work is mainly to pack the files and update the readme. We are having some problems to pack the vegetation properly, and it is being hard for both Seth and me to find time for the mod these days, so it is still not possible for us to guess a release date, we hope it can be soon.

Pelennor Fields

Hornburg

The Last March of the Ents

Fellowship of the Rings

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Default Re: Final Preview LOTR-TW v3.0

Finally...preview looks aweasome like any other before...thanks for this and what problem is exactly with vegetation? +rep
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Awsome!!!!
    I can't wait to start to do a bit of orc slauter and defeat the dark lord.
    Great work and hope you'll get over your problems.

Cheers Predator!
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; March 07, 2013 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks for the update!! This looks absolutely amazing. Take as much time as you need!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Louis_IX View Post
    Thanks for the update!! This looks absolutely amazing. Take as much time as you need!
    Absolutely, as great as this looks a bug free release is still preferable to a soon one ;-)
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

i agree
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

The problem with vegetation is that we can't get it working from the modfolder. In all the betas, the vegetation was installed in the main data folder to work properly. However, I guess Mac users or Steam versions will have problems if something is out of the mod folder, so we will try to repack the vegetation again.
    What I mean is that, once all the files are definitive, we still need some time, more than people think, to pack it all, and verify that the pack is working. And I'm afraid we are still adjusting some minor issues related to the latest changes, so not all files are definitive yet.

Anyway, I must say that this will probably be the most stable campaign compared to all other versions of the mod. We have been able to play hundreds of turns without crashes. The only remaining crashes that we have been unable to fix are, that I know:
    - trolls crashing at night due to torches. Maybe Wlesmana can fix it someday by cracking the skeleton of the elephant riders.
    - corrupted advice file at start of a new campaign. I have tried lots of times, but I'm unable to fix this one.

I'll try to write some more info about the latest changes when the pack is ready.

Smasher 282's Avatar Foederatus

Was the Trolls at night bug always present in earlier versions of the mod? I never noticed it before.

OMG this looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Though the other additions are still cool.
    One other thing, do u have a planed release date for this yet?

i hope youll fix this...great to hear campaign run for hundreds of turns without ctd-s
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Shall i really say that your work is magnificent? Is it not known already by everyone? Congrats guys, incredible!!

I have finally been able to pack the vegetation in the mod folder. I'm not sure why it did not work the previous times that we tried, I guess some typo error in the path of some file. It is working now.

The v3.0 is almost ready. If the betatesters do not find any important problem, we will share it openly this week.
    It will be a patch to be installed over the main v2.0 made by wlesmana, with size around 1GB.
    The only remaining work is to update the readme.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I have finally been able to pack the vegetation in the mod folder. I'm not sure why it did not work the previous times that we tried, I guess some typo error in the path of some file. It is working now.

The v3.0 is almost ready. If the betatesters do not find any important problem, we will share it openly this week.
    It will be a patch to be installed over the main v2.0 made by wlesmana, with size around 1GB.
    The only remaining work is to update the readme.

With best regards,

Förster44

Bardo, two questions:

First:
    Is this fixed? I really hope so!

Second:
    I have the mod patched into version 2.8, can I just install the 3.0 over it?

Well, hope this really comes this week... Nice work, team!

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

1) It is mainly fixed, at least the best we can. The problem is that the game always places the attacker in the south, and Seth needed to make copies of the cities with a different rotation, in order to to face them to the south for custom battes. Now, most cities will appear with the attacker in front of the main gate. But the 2nd attacker will appear in the back of the city.
    The exceptions are Minas Tirith and Osgiliath that keep the same orientation than campaign, and attackers appear in the lateral sides of the city. Good for 2v1 battles.
    We also made a custom map for each city, so people can play siege battles easely, without the need to choose the settlement or wall level, and with all cities placed in the same terrain than campaign.

2) I'll try to explain it in the readme.
    I'd suggest to uninstall the previous patches 2.0x, then to delete the whole folder lotrtw (in case of remaining temporary files), then to install the v2.0 (same than always), and finally the incoming Patch to v3.0.
    I have tested it this way and it seems to work without problems.

I have tested it this way and it seems to work without problems.
    than you can release it
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

We are on it.
    As I said, the files are ready and we expect to release it this week if there are no problems.
    We shared a .zip with the betatesters. While they test it a bit, we have to update the readme (and the related topics in this forum), and to make the installer.

We are also trying to call back the usual online players. Next week are holidays here in spain and I expect we will be playing the new version in gameranger. Everybody is invited.
    I'm also tempted to purchase the steam version (mine is the old CD), to see if they appear active players there.

It's a shame that Rome: TW didn't come with a multiplayer campaign, as campaigns are usually the only game mode I use in Total War games^^
    Anyway, 3.0 threads are already made up? I will have a hard time if 3.0 comes before friday, as I have an exam for which I should be prepared (but holidays after that, yay )
    With best regards,

Förster44

We are on it.
    As I said, the files are ready and we expect to release it this week if there are no problems.
    We shared a .zip with the betatesters. While they test it a bit, we have to update the readme (and the related topics in this forum), and to make the installer.

We are also trying to call back the usual online players. Next week are holidays here in spain and I expect we will be playing the new version in gameranger. Everybody is invited.
    I'm also tempted to purchase the steam version (mine is the old CD), to see if they appear active players there.
    I can join u in multiplayer game,if time will permit it(my hour is GMT +2 xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44 View Post
    Anyway, 3.0 threads are already made up? I will have a hard time if 3.0 comes before friday, as I have an exam for which I should be prepared (but holidays after that, yay )
    speak for yourself i have plenty of time, for now
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast