Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new AAR : IBFD 7.03 -Impervum Romanvm Occidentalis:Restitutio in Imperivm (pics added with what happend after the end of my AAR writing-20-12-2012) ----Complete----

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Default A new AAR : IBFD 7.03 -Impervum Romanvm Occidentalis:Restitutio in Imperivm (pics added with what happend after the end of my AAR writing-20-12-2012) ----Complete----

Hello.
    So i decided to start my first AAR .I have no experience in this , but i shall do my best .
    I shall start a new campain with Western Romans and try to reforge the great roman empire.
    The difficulty i shall use is VH/VH and i hope i shall achive glory or fall to the utter historic ruin of the Empire.
    I await some words about this AAR as it is going along and i hope i shall not dissapoint.Please feel free to post comments ,not just read.I really will appreciate them and i want oppinions about my new AAR.
    Hopefully i shall post the first chapter these days as i shall start the campain tomorrow.
    Cheers Predator.
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; July 03, 2013 at 04:45 PM.

Default Re: A new AAR : IBFD 7.03 -Impervum Romanvm Occidentalis:Restitutio in Imperivm

The beginning Chapter I: The first struggles

Spoiler for In debt and in dissaray
    As the campain begins, The imperial family is hugely in debt from civil disorders, big army upkeeps and ineficient administration.
    For the start, it was clear for the emperor that Corduba will be quickly attacked by the vandals and so,in order to spare the troops and have them fight an other day, they were dispached from the city and sent to Carthago Nova, the last great point of resistence in Spain.The initial treasury is increased by the destruction of buildings in the civil disordering cities of Sirmium,Lol Caesarea and Corduba, so other happines and trade generating buildings mayy be constructed in cities of the empire.

Only a small pesant force remained ,to cover the retreat of the main army.

Spoiler for Towards Italy
    By order of the Emperor, the two Iliryan armies wil be dispatched in 2 different locations.The weaker, eastern army went north to queel the insurection of Sirmium and Aquincum and try to hold off the barbarians at bay until italy is releaved form danger.

The powerful army under Valens will be shiped to central Italy to engage the goths who recently have sacked Rome.

Spoiler for The sack of Rome
    As the armies of Ilirya mobilised , The barbarians launched a full scale attack and overtrown the garison in Rome, and then brutally sacked the city.

(here the sack of rome script intervened and my army was spared,so that it instantly retaken the city.)
    Next turn, the huge debt is revealed as the Imperial tresuries are depleated and a huge debt of 20000 denari is contracted.

Spoiler for Rebels and heroes
    Sirmium is rebelling, as wel as Lol Caesarea in north Africa and Corduba ,togather with Carthago Nova are under siege by the barbaric Vandals.
    General Verenianus Flavius , with an army of 2000 men sallyes the city to stop the siege, having to fight with 1600 barbarians, half of wich are alan horse archers.

The battle is won at heavy costs and one third of the army routs.Fortunately, the general kills the enemy commander and wins the battle , saving Carthago Nova and the gratitude of the Emperor.

A military parade is traveling to the city under the populations ovations in celebration of the victory.

This is all for now.Next chapter will involve the fights in Italy against the goths and the attempts of the legions to Kill Constantine the userper, who recently took control of Gaul.
    Hope you enjoy this as much as i liked plaing the game and feel free to post comments .
    Till the next chapter.Predator salutes you!
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; May 29, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Default Re: A new AAR : IBFD 7.03 -Impervum Romanvm Occidentalis:Restitutio in Imperivm

Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Good Job makes me want to play 7.03..must fight the urge!! until 8.0...fight it! Hold me over with more of your AAR
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Hello.
    Thanx for your good apreciations.I use the 7.03 as , when i tried the 7.04 it has bugs.
    I shall try to post more battle pics and soon the next chapter will be posted.
    Thx again for good apreciation and +1 rep for both.

Kill them all Chapter II : The Gothic carnage.

Corduba has fallen under *Vandal barbarism and the Emperor is happy that, after the good inteligences that the barbarians will atack, had pulled his troops out of the town and dispatched them for new duties.
    Spoiler for the conquest of Corduba

Spoiler for Getting things back on track
    As the financial deficit progressed,the Gothic hoardes clashed with roman steel.It was a massacre on both sides ,perticulary for the Roman heavy cavalry,who took the blunt of the battles and left them crippled.
    At the same times, roman armies sieged Lol Caesarea and Sirmium in order to queel the insurections.
    Spoiler for The rise of the heroes
    General Valens engaged the barbarians near the city Neapolis and fought for the freedom of southern Italy.

Spoiler for The rise of the heroes
    General Sarus on the other has faced three giant barbarian hoardes in northern Italy near Ravenna and obtained three great and heroic victories,obliterating the enemy forces.

The brave Roman Generals Valens and Sarus drove back several hoarding armies of the Goths , gaining the Emperor's gratitude and respect.Their great battles are a testemony of roman courage and power, reminding of the great legions of old.
    Spoiler for General Valens

The battle started and general Valens arranged his troops facing the enemy.

The romano-ilirian-hunnic-foedrati mix of cavalry drove the enemy off the battlefield in dissoray.

Their victory is of great moral for the Roman people,as the barbarians are vanquished.

Spoiler for General Sarus the Victor
    General Sarus is attacked by two mighty enemy hoardes.
    Spoiler for The massacre of the roman cavalrymen

As the Roman cavalry swinged to the back of the enemies ,engaging some barbarian spear detachments, the legions charged down the hill towards the enemy.

The legions begun their march from the camp and hoped that their brave cavalry shall hold the enemy at bay.

It was a carnage for the roman cavalry, as endles numbers of spearmen and skirmishers sliced and diced even the mighty cilibinari.

Only the intervention of the legions saved the day and won great respects to the general.

Spoiler for Lifting the troops spirit.The first heroic speach"
    The second barbarian charge begun much the same way ,but now ,as the lesson was learned, the legions and the general advanced in the same time .

The general inspired the troops with his speach:
    "The fate of a once mighty Western Roman Empire hangs in the balance.
    For yearsthe Goths and their nomadic horde has plagued Italy .
    City after city has been sacked, the peoples murdered and robbed by the brutish barbarians.
    We stand alone here in defiance of huge barbarian hoardes and pray to the gods Jupiter, Mars and Saturnus that we shall survive the slaughter and win the battles.
    The Romans of the Western Empire have looked on with growing horror as the Goths, with their scarred devilish faces, thrust down through Rome ,burning, looting and pillaging as they went through the undefended city.
    Now it is our task to drive them off our lands and protect our peoples.
    Now i urge you, citesens of Rome to fight as never before and save your women and children.
    To war now.March legionairs and kill every barbarian you encounter.Death!Death!Death!"

Spoiler for The masacration of the barbarians
    Barbarians fall by the thousands and the day belongs to Rome.

Spoiler for The final push
    By the next day the barbarians begun to fear our men and struggled to hold their positions.

The troops begun to feel the huge number of barbarians pushing them back.

By miracle, the fall of the enemy general panicked his men and they fled from Rome and it's brave soldiers.

Victory was ours.

Every last enemy was killed and the few who escaped in the woods went back to their remaning armies and begun to spread tales about Roman courage,power and their brave capitains .

News traveled fast acros the empire and every roman was extatic at the news that General Sarus achived a heroic victory at the gothic endles hoardes and saved central and southern Italy .

Now only 2 powerful Gothic armies remain and the Emperor begins to feel that the fate of his kingdom and his people begins to lighten and the survival of Impreivm Romanvm Occidentalis seems certain.Eaven more, the recent victories and the imminent defeat of Constantine in Gaul and the strong resistence based in Carthago Nova in Spain makes the Emperor feel that his luck is turning and the now lost glory of Rome may returning.

This was chapter 2.Next chapter will be about the final battles against the Goths, the queeling of the insutections in Lol Caesarea in Africa and Sirmium in Ilirya.
    Hope you will enjoy this and please feel free to post comments,opinions and thoughts about this AAR(keep in mind it is my first).
    See you.Predator!
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; May 29, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

Very nice AAR. Your style of writting is like mine. I encourage you to continue your AAR !

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Thx Diocletianus and i assure you that i shall continue this AAR as much time as possible(i guess until 8.0 IBFD).
    I(n sign of your apreciation for my AAR, +1 rep.
    P.S.: Guys ,please 168 views adn only 3 posts for the AAR,i would humbly request from you some oppinions by my AAr.
    THX Predator.
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; May 07, 2012 at 05:20 AM.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Interesting.

.... looking at the 8.0 Visigothic Hordes ....

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Pretty cool, though would you mind putting your updates in Spoiler brackets? It'll make it easier to navigate the page.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Thx for your advice First Citezen Gallienus.I shall do exactly as you say.It is for the best.I apreciate this.Thx.
    I have just finished putting all the spoilers to the first two chapters.As i first mentioned ,this is my first AAR and i must get the hang of it.Next chapter will come verry soon(2/3 days tops(school and stuff)).
    See you.Predator!
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; May 07, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

Back to Gaul and Iberia Chapter III: VAE VICTUS.

Rome is now safe.Italy has been cleared of all threat.The Goths have been sent away to Gaul.Lol Caesarea has been recaptured and exterminated for te glory of the Empire.
    Spoiler for Of great victories

Spoiler for Of general Ulfias and his battle in Gaul.
    Ulfilas and his army has defeated an army of Constantine II the Userper in gaul and are ready to capture Lugdunum.

Next turn the siege begins and the roman legions attack.

Spoiler for Of the liberation of Italy
    The remaining Goths in Italy have been utterly defeated by General Valens and his mighty legions.

The battle was brutal but the victory finally belongs to Rome.

Spoiler for A new hope
    With Italy releaved of danger Valens departh North to take part on the invasion of Gaul and Iberia.
    Meanwhile, Constantius Flavius Caesar(the faction heir) is preparing for battle as Constantine II the userper leaves Arelate to escape from the siege.
    Spoiler for Of Constantius's battle

The enemy attacke in a desperate attempt to escape.
    The battle is brutal and many good romans die.

Fortunately, the imperial forces achieved victory and the city was taken, as wel as Lol Caesarea, wich suffered extermination for insubordonation

A great victory today.
    The imperial taxes are increasing and for the first time in years, The Empire is generating profit.

Spoiler for "Taking Tarraco.

The city that was once lost shall be recaptured.

Now ,as the bulk of the armies of the Goths and of Constantine II are destroyed, maibe nowis the time for Rome to be great again.
    The two armies that fought in Italy, under Valens and Sarts go to join Constantius Flavius in Gaul , then move to Iberia.

This is part three .
    I hope it hasn't lasted to long to be posted.Also, please, post some comments after you read and watch the AAr.
    Thx and please, for me await eagerly for the next chapter.
    Cheers Predator!
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; May 29, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great aar with lot of pictures for lazy people like me. Keep it up

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Very good, puts me in the mood for a new campaign !

Signature made by Joar

(This is a small one as i got to involved with the great battles and didn't took so many pictures)

The land that was lost will be Roman once more Chapter IV: Reclaiming what was lost.

As time passes and more and more battles are waged, it becomes clear for the Royal family that a good future is installed for them.
    The armies are strong, and the offensives in Gaul and Iberia are relentless.
    Also, great news:Corduba is Roman once more and The Vandals are being beaten off by the roman legions and their Capital is under siege and ready to be taken.

Many battles were fought and great victories achieved:
    The burgundi were stopped from invading italy by The Emperor's mighty army which after went to Gaul for new Glory .
    My cavalry gets a big blunt in battles as i greatly rely on it to break the enemy but ,their sacrifice is not in vain as great victories are achieved.
    Spoiler for Beating off the Burgundi scum

Meanwhile, Augusta Vindelicorum was lost bto the Almani,but a powerful army has come to recapture the settlement.
    Spoiler for Revenge

Gaul is nearly conquered and Iberia is under Invasion.
    Maybe now is the time for the great Legions of the Mighty "Gaius Iulius Caesar" to return, and after they get good experience and restore the Western Roman Empire and if the Gods are good with Rome, maybe ,who knows, a new civil war for the glory of Rome .
    End of Chapter IV.

P.S. Thx demagogos and Constantius for apreciating My AAR and sorry for keeping a new chapter for so long(I got involved in a Macedon campain in RS and i god lured in it.)
    P.P.S.: Please guys more comments so i have a point for this AAR.

P.P.P.S.:If someone could answer this: in the last picture ,from the siege of Augusta Vindelicorum, my Gothic Foedrati Spearmen are attacked by some Almani breserkers.As you see in the picture my men are tossed arround the street like ...like men trown by elephants in battle.It just puzzeled me , as they seem to have a bit to much power for men.Maybe someone can respond to this and tell me what is all about.
    Thanx all!Predator!
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; July 15, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

Cool, looking forward to the rest.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Yes do post more, look forward to it...perhaps you could post some contemporary art etc and conversations between key characters to add to the immersion?
    As for the flying Goths, just think its a RTW quirk

Signature made by Joar

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, keep it up + rep for you

Hello.Sorry for no activity but i really considered closing this AAR for no real activity (exvept for some good hearted members of the TW community)
    This small update has no images as i took none ,but i haven't played too much.

The hard work is about to begin Chapter V:Alea iacta est!

Joy to the whole civilised world: Gaul belongs once again to the Western Roman Empire.The Emperor and his son fought valliantly and took all that was lost.
    Iberia is weak and the defeat of the vandals is iminent( I an afraid that, once they become a hoarde, My two armies in Iberia will be overrun and they'll settle once more.)
    Once Gaul is secured, Britain was invaded and the legions push north .The Romano-British have only 2 options:
    1)Either foll to the great Emperor or@)They shall fall to their utter ruin as Constantine II.

After Britai is recaptured, the German borders will be refortified and there will be no other option than to start a civil war.
    The economy is strong, verry strong now,i make about 55k gold per turn and now new powerful legions are being trained to take part in the war.
    Also, as the Emperor is still young, he shall leed the armies himself with his elite veteran army.

This is kind of all that happend and could have happened(the foture ideas like conquering all of Britain and the civil war).

I really consider closing this AAR as most of the folk here only read and no comments, no discussions,nothing.Only some nice posts with encouragements and that's all.
    Hope activity increases and i shall be able to continue this with the boulster given by people that leave their thoughts and opinions.
    I shall watch this closely and i hope i shall return with other posts.

Thank you for all so far.Predator salutes you!
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; May 29, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

Civis

I'd say keep going. If lack of interest is the problem I'd move all your posts to the main Total War Eras: AAR sub-forum
    Witness the desperate struggle to maintain Arche Selucia in my Extended Cultures AAR- <a "http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=539321"/> The Grey Death</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast