Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2853686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1813

Thread: DEVELOPERS DIARY [Sharing Our Work with IS Supporters]

Default Re: DEVELOPERS DIARY [Sharing Our Work with IS Supporters]

It is most definitely not dead. I am running CAI test group.
    There are different components being worked on different people. Members have a real life issues as well, so work can move quickly one month and then not at all the next.
    Thanks for your patience

Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

Hi all and tyvm for the hard work. My wishes: more activity in America continent, especially in central and south, better garrisons, ships, pirates, more "interest" in take and retake colonies and territories, and low chance to keep the enemy ships and high upkeep for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Greetings vernien and ayrond091, I feel obliged to respond to your posts because they were in regards to my inquiry on when is the next update (if any) will be released. I know you won't want to hear this but unfortunately you just have to be patient. Some of the I.S. Team have answered my previous post and they are working very hard and hopefully they will release even if the most minimal of updates. On the same note a totally understand your guys frustration. I want to in the most humble and polite way implore the imperial splendor team to maybe reevaluate their situation and maybe choose a release no matter how minimal to their fans only if to but time for a more larger release in the future. I hope the team will not take my statement in the wrong way because they are true geniuses but the community's concern is if at this rate their will ever be a release of their masterful work...
    how can you be soo nice after me saying that... i feel bad sorry
    ho

No worries, it is frustrating for all.

Hello,

I am an old Total War veteran that has been away from Total War and the Total War Center for some (many) years. Although I am still a buyer of the games (have all until Rome II) I have been using less mods.

Recently I decided to make some new rounds with ETW, but after 2 (almost) vanilla campaigns, I thought to come here to download a mod.

After reading some about the current available mods I decided to try Imperial Spledor II (mod+patch+british tree patch).

First of all let me tell the mod team that they seem to have done a very good job with the mod and I read that they are still working on it.

I begun a campaign with Spain and I noticed that the stats of the Line Infantry in the Americas are better that the ones in Europe. Is this an error or was on purpose?

Sorry if this question was already been posted. I lurked around but obviously didn’t read all the posts.

Edit: I was talking about the shooting skill (acurancy), European Line units 35, American 42.

The name of the American Line units it is also odd: “Americano Infantería de linea”. I am not a history expert in the time period, or a Spanish native speaker, but that Americano sounds odd, and I never recall seeing it. The Spanish usually used terminology such as “Las Americas” or “Las Indias”. Also to me it seems that those American garrisons are huge and they should be mostly militia (sorry if I step a bit out of topic – I am rusty in my forum experiences).

Just a small curiosity, a link, in Spanish: http://www.historiareimilitaris.com/...cito-de-indias
    And
    http://www.historiareimilitaris.com/...ito-de-indias2
    Last edited by Tulius Hostilius; April 17, 2016 at 06:27 AM. Reason: adding text
    Um dia destes vou mudar a minha assinatura.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Its on purpose, Mainland infantry are more powerful, colonial units are also smaller than they're mainland units.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Does IS make changes to weather/lightning? I noticed that my game looks very gloomy and dark both in battles and even the campaign map, is it an intentional change?

Yes

is it possible to revert the lightning to vanilla? I like bright colours. Also its really cool how french units change with the government type, are there any plans to add such things to more factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumee View Post
    is it possible to revert the lightning to vanilla? I like bright colours. Also its really cool how french units change with the government type, are there any plans to add such things to more factions?
    Yes, someone I thought had created a submod to restore it, but I do not call who or where to download it.
    There are plans to do all the factions. We are currently working on the late units in the Rise of the Republic. Since this involves a complete overhaul of the tech tree and building chain, each faction is taking some time to complete. Once all of the late era is done we will finish with the early and middle which shouldn't take nearly as long.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Yes, someone I thought had created a submod to restore it, but I do not call who or where to download it
    well after searching around I couldn't find it either, thanks anyways

There are plans to do all the factions
    thats great, looking forward to it then

Will IS team launch any bug fix or newer version this year ?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by coalchambers View Post
    Will IS team launch any bug fix or newer version this year ?
    We hope so (a new version for RotR is on the run). Most work has been done yet, but there are still minor (means less important) things need to be done. The current version is in alpha stage right not and pretty much untested. Furthermore most team members are busy in RL (take me as example, I'm preparing my final exams) so that free time for modding is restricted.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    We hope so (a new version for RotR is on the run).
    So... Any love for the early campaign? And also does this means we finally have late campaign skin for Prussia?
    I'm preparing my final exams so that free time for modding is restricted.
    Coincidentally, next week i'm going to have a final exam too

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I wish you good luck with the final exams! It´s important and very tiresome period.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Zooasaurus View Post
    So... Any love for the early campaign? And also does this means we finally have late campaign skin for Prussia?
    Yes you'll get late Prussians Previews are in the Developers Diary^^

Coincidentally, next week i'm going to have a final exam too
    I wish you successful exams! Mine are in october, so still some time left but I've still a lots of stuff to do.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Historical Characters

A little suggestion about Prussian generals:

My first suggestion is to change portraits for Karl Wilhelm Ferdinand von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel and Friedrich Adolf von Kalckreuth.

Here is Ferdinand von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel in Prussian uniform:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And here is
    Friedrich Adolf von Kalckreuth in more 18th century style:

Also I suggest to replace
    von Gneisenau as he didn´t reached the rank of general in 18th century. He was only colonel in 1806, so I think he is more suited for Napoleonic period, not revolutionary period. The better candidate for IS late campaign is Frederick Ludwig von Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen. He was promoted to major general around 1785/1786, in 1781 he was governor of Berlin, in 1794 he commanded on Rhine and in 1806 he was promoted to Genral of Infantry and he was one of Prussian corps commander.

Aslo I´m researching twi Italian and one German faction. Progress is slower that I wish, but I hope I will be able post some results soon and it will be helpful for team.

good work @Quintus my only complaint would be a raw improvisational colourisation and some soft-focus on the black and white portraits ,fast and dirty attempt from myself will show what i mean ,apart from that perfect

Excellent project. It provides more realism and immersion

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

So how's the progress going?