Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.x] Other Issues

Default Re: [Version 3.x] Other Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    well I don't know how to fix it... if it can even be fixed or changed... maybe you ought to pm shokh about this... blood and smoke could be only a part of the problem. there are also certain models that are currently missing lighter variants engine uses when you pull out your camera or close in on other troops. this will be fixed for 3.5
    Thanks for responding to my post.

I just tried PM'ing you but again, it doesn't show that any message has been sent. Anyway...

I had a question about the All Factions mod. (I know this is the wrong place but I can't find the right place, sorry about that)

A friend and I are using it for the Multiplayer Campaign mode and encountered the issue of not being able to see the whole list of playable factions (as you can in Single Player Campaign mode). When picking from the list, it displays down to The Italian States but then cannot be scrolled any further or manipulated in any way to enable access to the rest.

I was wondering if others have the same problem and, if so, is there a solution available?

Thanks again for your time.

Libertus

Every time I try to download the installer from civilwarcommand.net page, it downloads fine, but when i try to install it i get an error saying "a decompression error has occurred (#1024)" Unknown decompression error. It always happens near the beginning of the install when it is trying to install the bg_core.pack. If I hit ignore there are several other of the same error for other files. I have tried all 4 mirrors with the same problem. I have an incredible system running Windows 7...any idea what i can do?

AFC98's Avatar Civis

No idea what the problem is! I have been trying everything! I cannot hear the muskets shooting. It takes away so much... Almost not worth to play sometimes. Please help! (My second time posting about this)
    www.youtube.com/user/whenipwnedu Look here for great Total War "let's Play" videos and Total War Machcinima!

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Perhaps removing bg_music.pack would revert it to vanilla sounds? Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Perhaps removing bg_music.pack would revert it to vanilla sounds? Not perfect, but better than nothing.
    removing bg_music.pack will cause CTDs (at least that is what husserlTW told us). I think that, if everything is installed correctly (meaning that bg_music.pack is located where the rest of the bg_xxx.packs are) then you have a following problem:

• bg_music.pack was corrupted during download (try re-download)
    • something is wrong with your audio hardware/software. maybe you messed with ETW audio settings. try to change some things there. also, updating audio drivers never hurts

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Odd, no clue why it would cause CTDs. But listen to him, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Odd, no clue why it would cause CTDs. But listen to him, not me.
    it seems to me that Bg_music.pack holds all kind of files, not music tracks only but some links etc... I have never poked it because I have no interest there. but as husserl mentioned when we were preparing for the release, ctds will occur if bg_music.pack isn't installed. that's all I know...

AFC98's Avatar Civis

when you say reinstall, my ETW? for ACW? reinstalling ETW is my last option....
    www.youtube.com/user/whenipwnedu Look here for great Total War "let's Play" videos and Total War Machcinima!

Quote Originally Posted by AFC98 View Post
    when you say reinstall, my ETW? for ACW? reinstalling ETW is my last option....
    just the ACW, and verify integrity of ETW game cache after you un-install ACW (instructions). then re-download the ACW_music file.

Laetus

To the experts
    Sorry if I’m in wrong place, I have just joined this forum.
    I have a couple of simple questions for the experts of mods, I am looking to install ACW 3.4 and I want to get it right, please note I am not a pc expert like many of you guys. So please be keep it simple.
    1st my pc is 32bit Vista, so the path would be as follows correct.
    Win 32 Bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war

The reason I ask is that some you tube vid’s show this as the path
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\Data
    (Data on the end)
    2nd
    While launching, if any files located in game’s data folder don't belong to vanilla nor ACW, a warning message will pop up prompting you to either abort, or continue launching. If you abort launching and you want to check the data files, open Check Files utility in menu Utilities. You will find a list with the spare files. If you remove any of them you will be prompted to open Edit UserScript utility to check if there are any mod commands related with the removed files. These commands must also be removed. When you are done, simply click on the faction of your preference and you are ready to play.
    Again I’m not up on pc jargon and files etc. this says either abort or continue launch, if continue would it be a problem? Or if abort and check files what would I need to do? Is it just a matter of ticking a box, or deleting files? Then how would I know which files to delete.
    If you remove any of them you will be prompted to open Edit UserScript utility to check if there are any mod commands related with the removed files. These commands must also be removed.
    I presume anything that comes here just needs to be removed, is that right?
    3rd,
    4 download mirrors can I choose any one? + patch, is there anything else I need to download I.e. music, or is it all included in these mirrors?
    Finnaly do I need to log out and back in to steam to play?
    Thanks for your patience, and I hope to be enjoying your creation soon.
    Regards.

Alright so I have a few issues with launching. I installed in the win32 route and here is what i run into.

It will tell me erorr and to check the files and remove the mod that doesnt belong in the vanilla folder. so I do it is called "unstaller.exe" . so i remove and then hit update and then it leaves a blank box after. so i launch... it launches and then ill get to see the general holding his sword with the title screen and.... CRASH... and giving an empire.exe error

thoughts?

alright well, i think i made some progress. ill get to the main screen changed my settings for video and as soon as i click ACW it will load and then crash to the desktop and give me an empire.exe error. one step forward two back

EDIT: posts merged; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; October 20, 2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: merging posts

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Could somebody post the links to download version 3.4, pls? For some reason I cant enter the american civil war website. Thanks in advance.

Laetus

This is where i got it from.

http://civilwarcommand.net/

This just happened I was in a battle and empire randomly closes?
    Code:
    ACW 3.X log - 20/10/2012
    --------------------------
    Info:
    Registered owner: Owner, Is admin? True, Has limited token? True
    OS: Windows XP x 32 - N/A, Version: 5, Build Number: 2600
    Memory: Total: 3317 Available: 1973
    Display: 1024 x 768 - 32 bit
    Mod Installation Path:
    ACW path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW
    Current Campaign: RTI3
    Steam Status: On
    Current non vanilla files in data folder:

Actions:
    * 00:13:15 -> Mod started
    * 00:13:16 -> bg_art.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:16 -> bg_boot.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:16 -> bg_core.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:16 -> bg_db.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:16 -> bg_models.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:16 -> bg_movie.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:16 -> bg_music.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:18 -> US selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 00:13:18 -> scripting_us_union.lua copied.
    * 00:13:18 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 00:13:18 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 00:13:18 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 00:13:18 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 00:13:18 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 00:13:18 -> mod bg_camp_rti.pack;
    * 00:13:18 -> mod bg_us_rti.pack;
    * 00:13:18 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for US RTI3.
    * 00:13:18 -> bg_camp_rti.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:18 -> bg_us_rti.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:18 -> bg_us_txt.pack present in data.
    * 00:13:19 -> Startpos copied from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3\US to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3.
    * 00:13:19 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 00:13:19 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 

* 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_rti.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_us_rti.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_us_txt.pack
    * 00:13:19 -> ==========================================

* 00:13:21 -> Empire started succesfully

@TotalWarfan2
    all the files are in place... I guess the CTD happened somewhere around 25-35 minutes in the battle, correct? if so, this is a known issue. we have problems with some of the units models that drain huge sources of the machines and can cause ctds in the prolonged battles (the ones that last 30 minutes or more). we will fix this eventually but until then all you could do is to lower some of your settings a bit...

Right, I initially installed the Blue and the Grey mod 3.4 last night, added the 3.4.1 patch and tried it and it all worked fine, I hated the fact that everyone had plug bayonets though so I tried installing Chief's BvB compilation submod.

After that however the game CTD when I try to load a battle or campaign, the load screen comes up but before anything loads on the progress bar it crashes to desktop with the message 'Empire has stopped working'.

I tried removing the submod and reverting to Mod 3.4.1 but still the CTD. I uninstalled B&G, ETW & Steam reinstalled the lot, but still it CTD's every time. HELP!

Sorry tried to post log but got the message 'Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.'

Sorry if I'm being dumb but if one more thing doesn't work I'm going to break something with a hammer.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I also have sound issues with the latest versions (trying out the new open beta), all sounds work fine (including music as far as I can tell), but I have no gun or cannon sounds. I'm running a fresh installation of ACW, and the sounds worked fine on the earlier version I played (can't remember which one that was though), sounds also worked fine in vanilla Empire Total War right before I installed the mod, so it shouldn't be related to sound drivers or such, I'm trying to re-download the music-pack just to be sure.

EDIT: Alright! fixed it, I completely reinstalled the mod, but also removed the "fx_cache"-folder in:
    C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire
    Now the smoke mod seems to work aswell (didn't notice it wasn't working before, but now there's plenty more smoke), so I suspect the fx_cache folder might be the culprit here, if anyone else have problems with missing sounds etc, try removing/renaming that folder.
    Last edited by Ftmch; April 22, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

I have downloaded and [correctly] installed ACW 3.4 and the patch 3.4.1 onto a vanilla ETW.

The launcher works fine and I have Warpath installed.

On the campaign everything seems to work fine, the maps are correct, the flags are correct and the figure icons, of a Union and a Confederate soldier carrying a flag, moving around the campaign map are correct.

However when I go to recruit any forces [regardless if I play North or South] on the ‘recruitment cards, force type’] the only options I get is the vanilla ETW forces. When I play a battle the forces on the ground are default vanilla troops. I do not see any forces dressed in Northern or Southern uniforms, all the troops including cavalry and artillery are default vanilla ETW troops.

To double check if I made any problems I have uninstalled ACW 3.4 and 3.4.1 and uninstalled ECW and re-installed them all again but no change, everything seems to be working okay except that any forces I recruit in the campaign phase and any troops I actually see in the battles are default vanilla ETW troops.

This seems to be a great mod but the next time I uninstall ACW it will not be going back on.

Any advice for problem solving please.

Default Re: I need a Help

Arent Naval battles suppose to be available in the 3.5 edition??? If they are the mode states that it is unavailable.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast