Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevins View Post
    This is going to be a difference of opinion then, but much of what they invested in (patch and expansions) is focused on the multiplayer component. Sure, there are SP campaigns in each but they are all pretty short, the content goes a much father distance in MP
    I must agree to that but my fun has been had maybe 70% in Skirmish battles alone.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Interesting, but I much would've preferred Africa.

Everybody's heard of D-Day and now the Eastern Front. I still think Africa is the most interesting theater and really not that known. Also, the Germans are 100% okay there. No war crimes.

I don't know. To me it seems the Soviets are the new D-day Americans.
    THQ is taking it really slow. No ups this time, they need a big title and then need it to be a sure thing. Eastern front COH sequel-clone? The money might as well be in their account already.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

It´s not like you wouldn´t see anything in the desert that wasn´t used in other fronts. Besides, that snow is looking pretty.

I think what you really miss are the brits. Admit it. MG nest spam. Artillery spam. Brit blob spam. C´mon, no need to be ashamed (I play BRITZ too )

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

I have always been afraid that a Russian faction will be turned into some blobby crap a la early DoW2 Nids or Brits.
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

I think that they will make an expansion in Africa...they mentioned snow that can bog down tanks and such? Well, all they need to do is basically apply another "skin" to that mechanic and they've got a pile of sand instead!

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I think that they will make an expansion in Africa...they mentioned snow that can bog down tanks and such? Well, all they need to do is basically apply another "skin" to that mechanic and they've got a pile of sand instead!
    Can't really imagine any half-decent tanks getting stuck in snow tbh. Mud, yes, but snow?
    My pony jumps ever so high

Maybe not stuck then, but rather slowed down.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

I would like to get this, but I think I would need to upgrade my PC to enjoy it at it's best.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    Can't really imagine any half-decent tanks getting stuck in snow tbh. Mud, yes, but snow?
    Panzers got stuck in the heavy snow in real life.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Deserts would look awesome.

I would like them to, but I don't think they will ever adapt the African Theater to the COH engine, as the warfare there was way too mechanized, and it would lead to a game that would have more vehicles than any other unit filled with panzer elite-like factions with a larger focus on the vehicles than the infantry, only with more diversity with the vehicles.

That's why even if the first COH was in the western front, it was mostly on urban warfare maps, and even when the terrain was flat and open, the few house complexes would still be the controlled choke-points of the map.

Eastern front seems ideal. If there ever is a COH 3, I'm sure they would pick the late stages of the war near and in Berlin for the reasons I mentioned above.

can't wait for COH2 though :p

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhardt View Post
    It´s not like you wouldn´t see anything in the desert that wasn´t used in other fronts. Besides, that snow is looking pretty.

I think what you really miss are the brits. Admit it. MG nest spam. Artillery spam. Brit blob spam. C´mon, no need to be ashamed (I play BRITZ too )
    Crusader tanks.

And lets not forget that the beggining of the africa campaign could be brits vs italians in battles such as Keren and operation compass, then later brits against the africa korps, which means three factions and lots of stuff not seen in other fronts!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Well, the base would actually be there IF the game starts in 1942, since most of the weapons the Wehrmacht used were the same in both fronts. So, it would all be a matter of designing the Commonwealth and the italians.

But honestly, after those Pershing versus Tiger fights, watching a Stuart or Crusader :wub: a Panzer III wouldn´t be exactly epic.

I hope the expansion is Italy personally. Not that much cover in the desert, afaik.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary Jezza View Post
    I would like to get this, but I think I would need to upgrade my PC to enjoy it at it's best.
    Same here my gtx 570 broke a few weeks ago now i must use my gtx 550 equal to gtx 450 so maybe i will just buy another gtx 570 at end of year and hope to god company of heroes 2 runs ok.

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    I hope the expansion is Italy personally. Not that much cover in the desert, afaik.
    Pretty sure they are going to follow the same pattern that they have for CoH, not expanding the universe (everything is still Normandy) but adding in additional factions and the like. Would be a bit trickier on the Eastern Front, but they could just add in satellite armies or differently themed armies like the Wehr vs PE.
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

But honestly, after those Pershing versus Tiger fights, watching a Stuart or Crusader :wub: a Panzer III wouldn´t be exactly epic.
    What about a matilda against the early tiger? awesome nonetheless
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevins View Post
    Pretty sure they are going to follow the same pattern that they have for CoH, not expanding the universe (everything is still Normandy) but adding in additional factions and the like. Would be a bit trickier on the Eastern Front, but they could just add in satellite armies or differently themed armies like the Wehr vs PE.
    Market Garden wasn't quite Normandy though.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    THQ is taking it really slow. No ups this time, they need a big title and then need it to be a sure thing. Eastern front COH sequel-clone? The money might as well be in their account already.
    I disagree. I think they should definetely bring something new. If THQ cant deliver more than a good campaign with the same game mechanics of CoH they should be ashamed of themselves. Are you aware of the professionally made mod Eastern front? They need to be better than the modders specially after so many years after the release of CoH. If they are just giving us a campaign with no gameplay improvements Id rather stick to the current CoH and play mods.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I disagree. I think they should definetely bring something new. If THQ cant deliver more than a good campaign with the same game mechanics of CoH they should be ashamed of themselves. Are you aware of the professionally made mod Eastern front? They need to be better than the modders specially after so many years after the release of CoH. If they are just giving us a campaign with no gameplay improvements Id rather stick to the current CoH and play mods.
    Eastern Front is Arcade crap, Blitzkrieg mod is much, much better. Cant play COH without it