Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DMN Launcher - Instructions and Issues

Default DMN Launcher Issues

Hi i need some help with my DMN mod launcher because:
    Ii pops up and i choose the settings and press the start button and it say's Launching Napoleon total war, but nothing happens after that, my game wont even pop up...

Default Re: DMN Launcher - Instructions and Issues

Can anyone help?
    Every time i launch any of the mod's be it Dath or WWI NTW crashes straight from the start, Why is this? so ANNOYING!!! HELP!

Icon5 Re: DMN Launcher - Instructions and Issues

Hello,

I'm using DMN 8.0 + last beta patch. Option x2 / french
    Launched a custom campaign and chose Denmark.
    All is fine but some troops (danes but not only) dont display their names or characteristics. I've got empty spaces...
    Is it as intended or I missed something maybe ?

Just got Napoleon on steam and then downloaded darthmod 2.65 epic and installed it into the steamlibrary/steamapps/common/ napoleon total war folder. When i start the DMN launcher a bunch of error codes pop up. My steam client is on and i am trying to choose SP default, launcher then freezes with a blank prompt showing: Copying from: To: At that point i need to kill it with my task manager. Do i need to download all DLC's on steam first, i only have the base version now? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by buhonero View Post
    hi, grat job great mod but my game dont start, it says the steam preparing to launch Napoleon Total War, the square disappear and then it appear again and again and again... what can i doż?
    You need to launch the game as soon you have a message in the DMN launcher saying that you should run Napoleon TW separately without closing the DMN launcher like this.

1. Run the DarthMod Napoleon launcher
    2. Select enable SP default or enable MP default in the settings menu
    3. Click play and wait for a configuration message
    4. DO NOT close the DMN launcher and run Napoleon TW
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I've just encounter a major issue with DarthMod Napoleon 2.65 Epic Edition.

My gamesaves for DarthMod Napoleon are gone after I started a new campaign and saved my progress, which I can see those gamesaves after I exit the game to Windows and checked they're stored in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\save_games folder.

But after I reloaded the DMN mod a second time I cannot see my gamesaves and they're completely gone.

The only mods I used is NTC 4.0 Beta V, NTF 3.61 and DMN 2.65 Epic Edition in a fresh installed Napoleon TW about a week ago plus I've already verify the game cache in Steam without any error messages. I also search for those gamesaves in computer without luck and they're still gone period.

Anyone else who knows what the cause is or perhaps you have the same issue, but solved it by your own then please post your solution.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Just an update for my so called issue of losing gamesaves. Apparently I made a mistake and that's for I always use the DMN launcher every time I wanted to go back to my campaign and I think it's related to this.

From the OP in the release thread
    How to play DarthMod Napoleon?
    First open the Steam Client! Now, when you want to play DarthMod Napoleon you can use the launcher to enable some features and then press the button PLAY. These changes will stay so next time you can use the official game shortcut to play DarthMod Napoleon without the launcher.
    It seems to me that if you run the DMN launcher after you have started a new campaign and save your progress, and thus your previous gamesaves will be automatically deleted as soon you touch the mod settings in the DMN launcher.

I just tried to do exactly what the instructions tells you to do when continuing your game today and it worked, so the quoted instructions are indeed important. My gamesaves was still present and I could continue my campaign as normal.

I am trying to play and get the message box that says "You are ready to launch Napoleon manually. Please do not close the launcher!" but then it does nothing. Do I have to do anything else to play or is the game supposed to start after seeing that message box ?

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

OK, I NEED TO LAUNCH NTW AS ONE DOES WHEN LAUNCHING THE VAINILLA VERSION AFTER HAVING OPENED THE dmn LAUNCHER.
    Other mods are launched from their own launcher and thus my confusion. SOLVED
    Last edited by General Gordon; November 14, 2013 at 04:20 AM. Reason: SOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by Kmack_27 View Post
    Do i need to download all DLC's on steam first, i only have the base version now? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Yes. You must have the actual DLC installed for a specific campaign e.g if you want to play the Peninsula Campaign then you need the official Peninsula Campaign DLC installed.

i have a green line on the left side of the screen when i start the game after launching the DM launcher it says SLI can someone tell me what error this is or what this could mean?
    My Specs derrty!!!
    Monitor: ASUSV236H 23inch 120hz 3D Monitor
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
    Ram: 12GB
    Hard Drive: 2TB
    Mother Board: EVGA X58 FTW3
    GPU's : 3 NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 570 graphic cards in SLI mode PhysX,Direct 11,3D Vision Enabled.
    my system is a beast...

Seems like I can't play the mod despite of the tips...
    I have the standard Napoleon Total War and this Mod v2.65 on Windows 8.1 64 bits.

The error message is just saying that something went wrong and the program will be closed, at the point of showing the first launch screen of the game, so at startup. When it launches automatically from the mod launcher it doesn't even go to that screen!

Have you tried the instructions in post #27?

Me and my friend are trying to play this mod but my friend has encountered an issue with the application to install the launcher, he is using Windows 8 and the error coming up "Unable to find software for the selected file" I've looked around the forums and haven't found any related incidents and I've tried googling the problem to no avail. Is there any fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Have you tried the instructions in post #27?
    I followed the instructions indeed. I opened DMN, hit play, I'm ready to start manually! So I start manually and it gives the launch screen for 2 seconds before the error message appears on top "this program has stopped working". When I do an automatic start from DMN, it does the same without even showing the launch screen.
    When DMN is closed and I do a manual start, it still does the first thing.

Update: I have also tried installing Napoleon Total Factions, it got to the title screen but when I click "single player -> Total Factions Game (or something like that)" it gives the well-known error message. On the other hand the savegame could be opened and saved with succesfully, where I played the British. So I put it back to vanilla and continued. I noticed afterwards that all armies in all nations had doubled in size! Looks like not all modifications had been removed, which is at least something!

Hi

I installed the darth and everything working great other than the 40/30 unit card battles. I selected the 40/30 in the darth menu thing and selected UK for coalition campaigns but when I start a new campaign I cant get any more than 20 units in a unit stack. I thought maybe its like shogun 2 were the reignforcments will come onto the battlefield once the battle has started but no they don't. some good news is its kinda working because the unit cards are much smaller and on the battlefield UI, the 20 units from the reinforcing army show in the UI but the image is just white, but still don't come onto the battlefield, not sure whats going on, maybe ive done something wrong in the darth menu. any help with this would be much appreciated

forgot to add that I followed the vid and just installed the first mirror, am I meant to install all of them? very new to modding

I'm getting no sound.
    When I remove Userscript in the scripts, I can run Vanilla (Standalone) while when I try run Darthmod to get my sounds back, it doesn't work!
    'Elp!

I'm having a bit of a problem with DarthMod Napoleon. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Recently I had to reinstall all my steam games. I went to reinstall Darthmod as well. Before I had no problems but now when i launch it there is no sound in the menu screen. The opening cinamatics work normal but at the menu, no sound. Also it acts like I didn't even install the mod. Has vanilla title screen and regular a campaign selection start screen. No sound during quick battles as well. Went to uninstall the mod, and sound came back. Tried again to install the mod. Same thing happened. What did I do wrong? Running Windows 10.

Hey team..Trying to get the mod working but it just does not seem to be properly enabled.
    I've watched the installation tutorial. Everything seems fine I open steam, then the DMN launcher. Select my campaign then press play.
    The game opens up with the DMN features but there is no saved game loaded at all. When I selected new coalition campaign (in game) I only had the option to play the big 4. So I picked Prussia, only to discover I can't save my game hours after playing.

Also I selected Prussian coalition campaign 40x unit armies but still that isn't working.

I also should mention that I'm on a new computer I haven't installed any other Napoleon mods at all.

EDIT: It appears the problems that still exist is that none of the 40x unit campaigns are loaded in.
    I just tried to run a EUROPE darthmod campaign and that was fine but I noticed I still could not save game progress nor is there any auto save feature? really strange...
    Last edited by Badnercalabrese; June 26, 2016 at 04:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast