Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC for The Last Kingdom (released)

Default Re: RR/RC for The Last Kingdom (released)

I don't think they were religious, and I don't think "chant" works in M2.

Hmm well, they were at least fanatical warriors who executed Pagan rituals.

And the chant is there as an option, it's the same chant the Aztec Cyote Priests use in vanilla M2TW.
    Last edited by MrExpendable; May 26, 2012 at 02:32 PM.

I have doubts about the way berserkers are shown in the mod. Someone argued rather convincingly that they would have been wearing armour.

I still haven't played the Americas campaign. It's not too late! Except I take one look at the unit stats and I want to scream.

Well, a certain part in me wants to believe the way berserkers are shown in the mod. Bare-chested fanatic warriors tend to stand high up on my coolness-list.

The Americas Campaign includes altered stats for the Western factions to have most units have 2 hitpoints. This was probably done so that Western troops had a chance against the vast armies of the Meso-American factions. I didn't like it, CA approached unit balance in the wrong way imho.

Lapin's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: RR/RC for The Last Kingdom (working on it)

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post

Beserkirs should have bear skins or pelts, that is how they got their name, so though some may have been skin only (which is more of a woad warrior or naked fanatic type unit than a true beserkir), unless something had changed radically from other Germanic Beserkirs, the Vikings should be the same as them with bear skins. This would give them a decent tough skin cloth armor, though they probably had parts of their body bare, such as the chest.

Wolf pelts for Beserkirs were a different unit called Wolf Warriors essentially in english but were called Ulfheonar in old Germanic.
    "Beserkirs" (Berserker in German) got their name from "bar serkr" which means "whithout a coat of arms/clothes" or "bare of clothes". "Bar" is still a word in some germanic languages today, meaning something like naked. A bear in old northern language would be a "bjorn"... so they would be called "bjornserkr". So making them as naked as possible, at least without armor would be correct. A real bear-pelt would be very heavy and uncomfortable in battle.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapin View Post
    "Beserkirs" (Berserker in German) got their name from "bar serkr" which means "whithout a coat of arms/clothes" or "bare of clothes". "Bar" is still a word in some germanic languages today, meaning something like naked. A bear in old northern language would be a "bjorn"... so they would be called "bjornserkr". So making them as naked as possible, at least without armor would be correct. A real bear-pelt would be very heavy and uncomfortable in battle.
    Actually it is debated whether they mean "bear skin" or "bare skin" in the sagas. Several times they refer to Ulfhešnar, or "Wolf Coats" rather than berserkir. And often times there are multiple terms for certain words. Besides that, I believe "ber-" is a prefix which may change the spelling of the word. Unfortunately we don't know, nor can we really know without going back in time and seeing it for ourselves.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heišinn Vešr: Total War

Would it be possible for you to fix how the soldiers always shuffle backwards after they get into a fight?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

I just wanted to say that I love you ideas for improvements of his mod. More small battles than big ones and fewer big and more decisive battles are good goals. RRRC is also very good. I was able to put your files in the right places and have restated the game. Unfortunately I have ran into a CTD in 869. I hope I get a solution.
    Look forward to see the frtits of your work if it is not already done.
    Less is more

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Did you install the quickfix in the downloads?
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    Did you install the quickfix in the downloads?
    thanks for your answer. Well it says that the tlk quick fix shall be installed inn the data/text folder. The truth is, I can not find such a folder neither in the MTW installation nor the TLK installation folders?!? I did find to files with the same title as the quickfix directly in the Medieval Total War II folder and of course pasted te fix files in there. Which did not help obviously...

The description in the Download forum:
    Download the LastQuickFix 2011.09.26.
    For version 3.06 - 40 kB

- Everyone playing Horda will otherwise crash in round 18 when that battle gets triggered.
    - Updated the file with text for reunification event

Simply extract in data\text!
    Less is more

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

It should be in your M2TW folder/mods/thelastkingdom(or whatever it is)/data/text, if that's not there then you haven't installed it right
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    It should be in your M2TW folder/mods/thelastkingdom(or whatever it is)/data/text, if that's not there then you haven't installed it right
    Well, the game runs fine otherwise. I have albeit bought a new pc that arrives next werk and that hopefully solves it. Drastic measures one migh say, but the old pc was rarher old
    Less is more

That CTD is not my fault. You have to install the hotfix. If you installed it and you still get a crash, you have to post your log.

The shuffling I believe is controlled by the descr_skeleton file. I will take a look at it when I can.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

You should really elaborate more where to put the certain files, as your current instructions are very vague.

Many seasoned Medieval 2 modders will know exactly where to put these files, but there are untold billions who wont right off the bat.

That being said I started a campaign as the Franks and I'm getting Lombard spears AND the old spearmen units, as well as the new hunters AND old archer units, is this intended?

What do you mean by "new hunters" and "old archer units"? From the AOR barracks?

I will add paths to every file to make finding them easier.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    What do you mean by "new hunters" and "old archer units"? From the AOR barracks?

I will add paths to every file to make finding them easier.
    For instance in Gronigen I can recruit two archer units, one named hunters and the other the normal Coloni Archers, both have the same description but have slight stat changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapin View Post
    I'm pretty sure if someone could reskin them in light leather and animal hides it wouldn't be too far off. I mean it is friggin cold in scandanavia and the british isles. I think that would be the best compromise. You know like one wearing a bear pelt with the paws crossed across his chest, another with a wolf helm or shoulder piece etc. etc.

And yes an updated file path list would be heavenly. I copied the ones like you said, then the game said it couldn't find the kingdoms.exe file even though it ran fine before. Same with BC.

What happens if you put back the original files?

I've seen plenty of posts about "Windows can't find Kingdoms.exe" in the Third Age and TLK bug threads. Try searching there for a solution. I see no reason why this would happen, since you're only switching some text files.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I've seen plenty of posts about "Windows can't find Kingdoms.exe" in the Third Age and TLK bug threads. Try searching there for a solution. I see no reason why this would happen, since you're only switching some text files.
    Yeah I just used the Executive batch file in the mod folder and it works fine.