Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Personal Appeal from One Praetor to the Curia

Default A Personal Appeal from One Praetor to the Curia

Citizens of the Curia, I come to you as one Praetor, what I am about to say is in no way a reflection of the opinions and personally beliefs of any other member of staff, which is why I have called this a personal appeal. The Curia currently faces what could be some hard times, and many of you, as you have told me privately, are worried about the future of an important part of the community. You may be paranoid and think that staff is out to get you but I am here to tell you all that this is not the case. Currently staff are discussing how to best solve some important issues and there are no confirmed plans, so there is no point private messaging us asking about plans which don’t exist. Feel free to private message us if you need something or to give us feedback, but don’t ask questions about things we simply can’t answer.

That said I would like to appeal to the civitates for a deal to be formed. I think it is best for the Curia to cool down, and for everyone to take a step back from the computer. I have already let the stress of my real life influence the tone of my posts here, and would like to apologize to anyone I offended. But having taken a break I now know what is needed. There is nothing the curia can do at the moment, but don’t worry! Remember that within staff there are many people including Tactical, imb39, Justinian, tBP, Garb and myself who are very Pro Curia! We will defend the interests of the curia within staff and make sure that the curia has a future; I’m asking you guys to trust us. Plus, I have all the curial documents saved on my computer.

I am also asking that the civitates will please stop proposing bills to protect the Syntagma, its too early for anything like that. It’s a drain on staff, it’s a drain on the people who are defending the curia in staff, and it’s a drain on all of us, and to be blunt, a pointless one because nothing is certain and nothing has been done/discussed. Please give us some space to talk, remember, many of us have jobs and I am in the middle of my A levels, so the fact I am even logging on shows that we aren’t ignoring you guys! We currently have to deal with Moderation, keeping the site updated, real life and the staff discussions meaning that having to keep a constant eye on proposals is counterproductive. At the same time we have to keep an eye on them.

Remember, you voted most of us in at one point, I am asking you, all of you! To Trust us and give us some time.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Default Re: A Personal Appeal from One Praetor to the Curia

Sorry for asking but what are these "issue" the civitate, new bills or other things. and thanks for posting this LV.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

The Current issues, All I can tell you is that the issues are with how the site is run, and different ideas are floating around. If you guys would please give us some time to think and discuss then we will tell you all you need and should know what we actually have something to tell you. For now, we have nothing to tell you.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Vorenus
    The Current issues, All I can tell you is that the issues are with how the site is run, and different ideas are floating around. If you guys would please give us some time to think and discuss then we will tell you all you need and should know what we actually have something to tell you. For now, we have nothing to tell you.
    Ok thanks for posting LV makes more sense know.
    Member of S.I.N

I have always trusted the staff, and i still give you all my support. lord knows the reason you volunteer on staff is because you love the site.

You have my thanks and my trust

Thanks, I hope the rest of you have that view, makes us relax a little.

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Vorenus
    Thanks, I hope the rest of you have that view, makes us relax a little.
    I never had problems with the staff (not sucking up here) know lets get through these hard times.
    Member of S.I.N

Rez: "I have always trusted the staff, and i still give you all my support. lord knows the reason you volunteer on staff is because you love the site.

You have my thanks and my trust"

I second that motion. I for one trust you and if people are curious, well, everyone is. I would wish the staff luck on sorting through these trivial times, but I know that such a talented group of guys (and girl) dont really need it. Peace

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I wasn't even really aware there were hard times to be honest. I thought it was just normal curial dramatics, I had my input of course but purely idle thoughts on my part. I do think I have dipped a toe in boiling water, see this is why I keep quiet in the curia because I never have more than a partial clue what is going on.

Peter

Dont worry El Guapo, it wasnt directed at anyone, just the civitates as a whole. We value all your opinions and I'm not asking you to not post them, I'm asking for time so we can all see where we stand.

Again, thanks guys for the support! Staff Curia Relations all the way!

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

I hope these all goes well, if not then I will complain. But for now, you have my trust. Im looking foward to what you guys can come up with.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Shadows's Avatar Lurking unseen...........

The Staff has and always has had my support. Although my trust isn't too lenient, I won't bother you too much until you really screw up. Which I doubt will happen.
    IN PATROCINUVM SVB Virgil (aka 1hHoplite) (1hHoplite's Chaos of Battle Picture Thread)
    Brother to the chivalrous lord, The White Knight, the Evil Einstein of the East, darkragnar and mi nuevo hermano, Ramon Gonzales y Garcia.
    Winner of the Second General Trivia Competition

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

The staff have the the best interests fo the site in mind - people can lose sight of the fact that this is just a forum, and that the Curia is just a game in danger of being made too real for its own good.

i bet their grand plan is simply to propose a bill that makes it a requirement that every bill get a 90% vote in favour :laughing:
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Thank you LV for the request.

The process has to slow....
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Thanks for the reassurance LV.

Wouldn't want the uprising to have to start prematurely eh? Bad form for all of us...
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Aemilianus's Avatar Imperial Legate

First of all I would like to apologize if anyone thought I was angry in the other posts I have made recently. It was more along the lines of really trying to get my voice heard because things simply seemed unreasonable. LV, you make good points, and I trust that you and the other curialist staff will advocate us well. I am more concerned about those who are not, but I see the names you write, very good posters and advocates for this body, and it heartens me a lot. All I can say is that I hope for a good resolution, and I hope all see the merits of what this body is.
    Under the honorable patronage of Kscott
    University of Maryland Class of 2007
    "Who would have known of Hector, if Troy had been happy? The road to valor is built by adversity." -Ovid

Bah! Why can't the admin be a member of the community who merely enforces legislation? IE: We vote in something, the admin does it. We're what make this site a great place to visit. Not the admin. If it weren't for the devotion of hundreds of members here, this site wouldn't be half of what it is, nor would it enjoy the traffic it enjoys now.

The admin should not have de facto power. I understand it's required for someone to be in complete control, but I think we've proven that we're more than capable of producing a good enviornment and "governing" ourselves. That person in "complete" control should be behind the scenes. Someone is collecting the advertising dollars based on what WE have done here.
    In patronicum svb lt1956

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Because they own the site and we don't? The Curia can only have the power which ON lets it have.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

I agree with LV, there is nothing to worry about. I would also like to say I am sorry if my posting has come across as a little more harsh than at other times....I put my trust in Staff and hope whatever the problem is, it is resolved!

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

I trust almost all of you. The exceptions being Tacticalwithdrawal (there's always a chance he's drunk and disorderly and thus insane with mod powers...) and LV (because he's LV, I mean come on). Of course, what I trust you to do is a different matter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast