Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: 4.7 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rora Lion View Post
    Hi Leo! I was wondering if you've ever considered to change the HE standard bearer to match Louis Lux's new models (introduced back in 3.0). As of now it looks pretty ugly in comparison. Since you are running an "Unofficial patch" such a vanilla-style improvement should be appropriate.
    I dont even know what are you talking about. HE bearer?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I dont even know what are you talking about. HE bearer?
    He is talking about the soldier that carries the flag, there are sometimes known as the standard bearer.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

From wikipedia:"A standard-bearer is a person (soldier or civilian) who bears an emblem called an ensign or standard, i.e. either a type of flag or an inflexible but mobile image, which is used (and often honoured) as a formal, visual symbol of a state, prince, military unit, etc."

Correct. I don't know if it is an issue you're interested in dealing with, tough.

Next time I shall try to make myself clearer (sorry, I'm not English speaking).

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Ok I will take a look but cant guarantee anything.

For now Im wondering about making a new custom tile like argonath and moria halls, a last one, to impress us all... a really cool one... and yet so simple...

By the way, if anyone is willing to help:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post14304330
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; January 11, 2015 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    For now Im wondering about making a new custom tile like argonath and moria halls, a last one, to impress us all... a really cool one... and yet so simple...
    Speaking of custom tiles .. In case you missed it, your Argonath were nominee for competing for Picture of the year prize. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpetition-2014

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Quote Originally Posted by Rora Lion View Post
    Speaking of custom tiles .. In case you missed it, your Argonath were nominee for competing for Picture of the year prize. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpetition-2014

Considering that the models were taken from battle for the middle earth, and the tile itself was implemented in the game by King Kong, I cant even call it mine.

I only edited the terrain, and it was then edited by KK again. Then he implemented it and it had a bug, I fixed the bug by moving the statues a little. That was all.

When you are leaving the new update ?? Is that I have seen the picture of Gundabag on the first page and it's like the last movie . Thank You

Hi Leo,

I downloaded and installed your amazing Alternative Patch 4.7 (but it still shows 4.6 ingame) and noticed some DOS-error of few missing files.
    Though the game works perfectly at the moment, I do not know if it's gonna produce an error after a while maybe ?

I uploaded this DOS messsage for you, but in case this is already known to you: forget about it
    At the end ot the installation procedure It says -in Dutch- it could not find these files mentioned.
    Anyway, it was produced at 2 different computers.

Cheers & keep it up ! (+rep.!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MissingFiles4.7patch.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	319638
    Last edited by Celtoi; January 15, 2015 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Txt-format

Quote Originally Posted by Celtoi View Post
    Hi Leo,

I downloaded and installed your amazing Alternative Patch 4.7 (but it still shows 4.6 ingame) and noticed some DOS-error of few missing files.
    Though the game works perfectly at the moment, I do not know if it's gonna produce an error after a while maybe ?

I uploaded this DOS messsage for you, but in case this is already known to you: forget about it
    At the end ot the installation procedure It says -in Dutch- it could not find these files mentioned.
    Anyway, it was produced at 2 different computers.

Cheers & keep it up ! (+rep.!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MissingFiles4.7patch.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	319638
    I dont even knew about this "dos" window showing such things. where did you get it?

There is nothing wrong with the sub-mod, it it gives any error, then you should reinstall or even redownload it.

Hi Leo,
    As mentioned: The box comes up (very quick) at the end of installation procedure.
    (If you hit any key by the way, it will also dissapear immediately, so many will not notice it anyway)

DOS-box is showing only those 3 files the procedure can not find to copy to harddisk.
    Maybe you can look those 3 files up to see if they are valid cq. necessary for the game ?!
    Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Celtoi View Post
    Hi Leo,
    As mentioned: The box comes up (very quick) at the end of installation procedure.
    (If you hit any key by the way, it will also dissapear immediately, so many will not notice it anyway)

DOS-box is showing only those 3 files the procedure can not find to copy to harddisk.
    Maybe you can look those 3 files up to see if they are valid cq. necessary for the game ?!
    Good luck !

This is quite strange as these files should actualy not be there, I dont understand why such a messag of error if the error actually does not even make sense.

Anyway no problem possibly related with this is been reported until now so I dont think there is anything wrong with the game.

Hello. I long time didn't play in MTW2 and TATW (together with submods). This submod looks amazing but i have a question. How many time i have to wait for next turn? That same in MOS or vanilla TATW?

Thanks

Btw. Sorry for my english
    Last edited by Asder1993; January 17, 2015 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asder1993 View Post
    Hello. I long time didn't play in MTW2 and TATW (together with submods). This submod looks amazing but i have a question. How many time i have to wait for next turn? That same in MOS or vanilla TATW?

Thanks

Btw. Sorry for my english
    Im not right about it but it seems MOS and DAC have too long turns because they have a lot of scripts. Those scripts are not present in my sub-mod. However, the turn times, if Im not wrong, are also a little slower than vanilla TATW in my submod. I have no comparison parameters but it seems like that.

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Will you add the boar riders in custom battle ?

actually, boar riders will be out in the next release.

In the movie it is a pig not a boar. Besides... it was more like an easter egg.

Hi, leo

Just reinstalled TA again because I wanted to try out your new updated patch. Was not able to start a campaign, and instead redirected back to main menu each time I tried. Tried custom/quick battle and fellowship campaign which both worked. Reinstalled a couple times with the same results. I had double checked to make sure my clean vanilla 3.2 install worked fine before, and later I also installed your 4.0 version which also worked properly. It's not a question of correct directory installation at this point. I'm running the game through Steam. Any ideas? Thanks!

4.8 is out.

Quote Originally Posted by pcdaris View Post
    Hi, leo

Just reinstalled TA again because I wanted to try out your new updated patch. Was not able to start a campaign, and instead redirected back to main menu each time I tried. Tried custom/quick battle and fellowship campaign which both worked. Reinstalled a couple times with the same results. I had double checked to make sure my clean vanilla 3.2 install worked fine before, and later I also installed your 4.0 version which also worked properly. It's not a question of correct directory installation at this point. I'm running the game through Steam. Any ideas? Thanks!
    There is not problem with my file. The only thing that comes to mind in your case is that the steam version of med 2 was updated some months ago and it is not compatible with the mods anymore. Im not right about this. Search and ask in the forums I guess there is already a thread here in TATW forums explaining what to do.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Where it is???? The precious!!!

Never mind, it's on the first post, just that is not updated yet.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 05, 2015 at 09:24 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Default Re: 4.8 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

yes sorry I forgot to edit the name of the thread to "4.8"