Thread: RoTS unavailable

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default RoTS unavailable

I purchased the RoTS and for some reason it doesn't show up in my menu and the store page shows me that it's still available for purchase.

I can't play it or write a recommendation for example, even if my account says I purchased it and my DLC menu of S2TW shows that I have it from the Steam Store. It only shows Rise of the Samurai DLC Preorder, so I guess that's a clue?

Help?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: RoTS unavailable

I just started s2tw and same thing has happened to me. ROTS is grayed out as If I never purchased it.

My RotS is working fine and I still see it as being purchasable in the store, so don't go by that; I ordered Shogun 2 and all the DLC (including a pre-order of RotS) back when they had that SEGA weekend sale. If it appears in the list of "View Downloadable Content" and you gave it a chance to install (and then restarted for good measure), it should work.

No issues here. Just finished a short Oda campaign, exited the game, then re-started the game, and launched a new Fukuhara Taira campaign in ROtS--all in the last hour or so.
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Indefinitely Banned
    From Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Living in Milpitas, California, USA.

I bought the DLC and everything is fine for me...

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Well I bought it not long after it was released and I've always been able to play it but today it's all grayed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartassen View Post
    Well I bought it not long after it was released and I've always been able to play it but today it's all grayed out.
    Go into the Shogun game properties on Steam and under local files, perform the "verifiy integrity of game cache". It only takes a few minutes, and it always seems to solve any issues I have starting the main game, so it might also fix any ROtS problems. .

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

It's Steam being retarded. happened to me multiple times.

Just exit Shogun 2 and then restart the game. Then there's a chance Steam will "find" RoTS.

Indefinitely Banned

i have had this problem befor and it was with my hole game. just right click once on the game and click properties then click on game files then click on "verify integirty of game cache" then wait for it do it's thing then PLAY

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I have the "Preorder" label on my purchase so all I can do now is wait for Steam Support to give me an answer for my filed ticket.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

that happened to me it acted like i had none of the DLC when i have it all. Just exit the game and exit steam. Restart steam and restart game has worked for me twice.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This happened to me once. I dont have the ROTS expansion but it happened once anyway. I just needed to exit and restart again.