Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Slurm's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW :Updated 17.05.2014 - first units for AMN (page 25)

Great elves, specially those wild ones, i have not noticed about them before, they are very original.
    On the other hand i feel like you are wasting your time as your teamleader is away for too long time, you are a good modeler so maybe you might join to other team or something, if you like fantasy mods, try tatw or the sundering, there is people looking for willing members.that is only a thought, im the first that wants to see this mod going forward
    Last edited by Slurm; December 29, 2014 at 05:35 PM.

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW :Updated 17.05.2014 - first units for AMN (page 25)

Thx slurm, wild elves belong to the shaar región where there are several interesting inhabitants for making regional units
    And no,in not wasting my time since in using a whole lot of the units ive introduced plus other ones in rol videogames mod, other than that i simply like modelling
    About joining tatw submods or the sundering, i think those guys are too good for me, i cannot match their skills

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

Some dwarves:
    wild dwarves from Chult jungles
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Shield dwarves

Gold dwarves from the Shaar

Mercenaries

The Singing Dawn Company
    elite swordman and elf archer riding pegasi

Windriders
    knight riding griffon

She wolves company, archer and long ØspearwomanØ

Last edited by assurbanippal; February 07, 2015 at 12:41 PM.

man!!! you are really good!! :O

Thx mate, very kind of you

@assurbanippal
    How do you get your models from blender into m2tw and onto the battlefield?
    Are you exporting meshes and uvs, and then in milkshape3d weighting the meshes,adding the groups, smoothing groups, and comments?
    Am very interested to know if you found a workflow for <Blender to m2tw> that works well for you.

Hi matador, sadly i have no clue about that, however you can convert a .blend into .obj, then take it to MS if you wish. Once that is done you can check out some twcenter tutorials or ask at workshop subforum. Its everything i can tell you, sorry for not being more useful
    Last edited by assurbanippal; February 26, 2015 at 06:33 PM. Reason: autocorrector

Thanks for reply! Just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.
    I looked at Goat/Goal (can download here at TWcentre) python scripts and compared with blenders addon - ms3d i/o python script.
    The blender addon i/o tool needs some work. But the framework is there.
    Right now the models do come through - but have too many weird insect moments.

Happy creating! Forgotten Realms is a special place.

Slurm's Avatar Foederatus

Too many time with no activity here, is the mod definitely dead?really , if so, it would be a shame

You can consider it so, till vladyvid returns if such a thing ever happens
    Last edited by assurbanippal; April 06, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Well, I suppose I owe everyone who was interested in this mod a big apology for my absence. I was too busy with RL matters in general and to tell you the truth pretty much exhausted of working on this mod - which I had realized could be too much for me to handle.

I'm pretty amazed with all the modelling work done by assurbanippal after my disappearance - amazing stuff.

I don't know if I will decide to continue with this mod. I have all the stuff which was created by me before, so it is possible to carry on, the only question is if I will find enough motivation to do it. Will have to see about that.

Are there still people around, who were on the FaerunTW team before, who would consider continuing this endeavour with me?

Count me in

Very nice It will take me a couple of days to refresh my memory and modding skills, so please bear with me.

Hi everyone! After spending some time re-learning some of the things about modding and such, I'm back with this little update - preview.

I'm focusing on implementing more campaign features - PSFs, resources etc, while assurbanippal is doing a great job modelling units! He is working on the units for Mulhorand now, so this map preview is of Mulhorand and Unther.

Genesis of Mulhorand and Unther
    What are these factions Mulhorand and Unther like, you might think. Well, they are pretty special and unique that's for sure. Mulhorand is pretty much a type of an ancient egyptian faction. According to the lore, its people were transported to Faerun from the good old Earth (from ancient Egypt and Babylon for Unther), as nothing more than slaves for the High Imaskari empire. On Fearun they were called the Mulani, and populated areas of what is now (1372DR in mod) Mulhorand, Unther, Chessenta and Thay. In fact, all of the mentioned factions are either completely or partly Mulani.

After being brought to Fearun, those people continued to worship their (egyptian and babylonian) pantheons, and, as the lore has it, by doing that brought their dieties with them to aid and support them. Overcoming their Imaskari opressors, the once slaves became masters of their own destinies and established huge and strong empires in the ancient times of Fearun, most notably Mulhorand and Unther.

Current relations
    The two factions have been at odds with eachother ever since, struggling for domination in the Fearunian east. Anyway, without getting into too much detail, the Untheric pantheon was destroyed during the Orc Gate Wars, causing their country to collapse and later being conquered by the neighbouring Mulhorand (in 1371). The mod starts a year after, when the conquest of Unther is done, and the only free Untheric lands are in the north of their once sizable kingdom. Moreover, the kings of Unther are no more, and the power is in the hands of a mysterious magicians called the Northern Wizards. They are allied with the Thay (Red Mages). Mulhorand, on the other hand, have expanded and is on a good way to become a great empire it used to be thousands of years back.

Features
    Both Mulhorand and Unther will have pretty unique units which will be respectively similar to those of ancient Egypt and Babylon, but with many supernatural or magical units aswell. Mulhorand is known to use the undead for example, mages, and advanced technologicaly smokepowder (gunpowder) weapons and similarly Unther. Their rosters are a mix of historically based and mythological creatures, that are found nowhere else on Faerun. Both factions have a clear goal to achieve - for Unther its the liberation of its conquered lands, for Mulhorand its the restoration of their once mighty empire. I'm not gonna write more about these units since we will have some pictures soon, then they will be described in more detail.

Both symbols for Mulhorand and Unther have been updated, the old ones just didn't display very well on the campaign map (especially castle flags) so I changed them to something better visible and distinguishable:

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW :Updated 25.07.2015 - page 31 Mulhorand & Unther

Thats great news Vladyvid, i hope you will end this mod. Do you plan publish any beta or something?

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW :Updated 25.07.2015 - page 31 Mulhorand & Unther

Thanks Tosiek. When there is enough content so a beta could be released, then sure, but I have no deadline for it.

The mulhorand unit roster is coming along pretty well, Assurbanippal is doing some great work there but before he posts his update, here is a little bit from myself - mulhorandi slave units and chessentan heavy cavs.

Slave Spearmen

[IMG][/IMG]

Slave Javelinmen

[IMG][/IMG]

Slave Archers

[IMG][/IMG]

Chessentan Cavalry

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Centenarius

Those units are really cool!, good work Vladyvid
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Definitely keeping an eye on this. Looks great so far!

Thanks Warcrafthero, and now a few more screens of the map. Working on more details for the lands of Thay, Aglarond, Chessenta, Chondath and so on.