Thread: How to easily balance unit statistics

Default How to easily balance unit statistics

Hey guys;

I have been working on a tool for quite some time (basically I have just quit developing it about three months ago, and decided to finish it today). The tool saves you a lot of time when balancing units. It calculates the statistics when you move a slider, or click a button. Actually putting the stats into the game still requires some effort, like reading the tutorial in the vanilla export_descr_unit.txt file, and some common sense, but the calculations are very fast now. Here's the download link:

http://www.riseofpersia.com/develope...tStatsTool.rar

Instructions:

When loaded, this file asks you to enable macros. The macros are the sliders and buttons I'm using in the xls, so you have to choose to continue using macros. It's safe.

Further instructions are in the excel sheet. I recommend using CA's guide in export_descr_unit.txt to actually put the stats to work, or the Caligula Unit Editor.

Notes:

The calculations I've made are all based on Swapthing's balancing tables.

---

A small question to you all. I've made this file on a Dutch version of Microsoft Excel, but I'm not sure whether it's compatible with English or other languages, or OpenOffice, or not. I'd like to have some confirmation from you guys whether it works properly or not.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666
    Hey guys;

I have been working on a tool for quite some time (basically I have just quit developing it about three months ago, and decided to finish it today). The tool saves you a lot of time when balancing units. It calculates the statistics when you move a slider, or click a button. Actually putting the stats into the game still requires some effort, like reading the tutorial in the vanilla export_descr_unit.txt file, and some common sense, but the calculations are very fast now. Here's the download link:

http://www.riseofpersia.com/develope...tStatsTool.rar

Instructions:

When loaded, this file asks you to enable macros. The macros are the sliders and buttons I'm using in the xls, so you have to choose to continue using macros. It's safe.

Further instructions are in the excel sheet. I recommend using CA's guide in export_descr_unit.txt to actually put the stats to work, or the Caligula Unit Editor.

Notes:

The calculations I've made are all based on Swapthing's balancing tables.

---

A small question to you all. I've made this file on a Dutch version of Microsoft Excel, but I'm not sure whether it's compatible with English or other languages, or OpenOffice, or not. I'd like to have some confirmation from you guys whether it works properly or not.
    Ave Nero666!

Looks interesting, because I have used the common sense an intuition only till this time.

But I am still a bit unsure, what this tool gives me.

Can I use it for adding stats for a new unit to some existing system of other units with thier stats? Because each mod has a bit different "values" for the same flags in EDU. txt files.
    Or do you go from some a priory defined system of valus, e.g. vanilla ones?

And what is doing a "good" balance on battlefield is rather a thing of mutual "natural" interrelations of these values between units than some actual values - it is similar to currency, each nation has its own, but important is to have them good balanced according to the "real" relative power of each country economy, assigned at best by "common sense" of free market.

In every case, it looks interesting and I will try it.

Bye Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

It doesn't use vanilla stats, but stats provided by Swampthing, who happens to be an excellent unit balancer. I presume the stats balance the game about right. You can select weapons, unit rank from peasant to elite, unit type, armour parts etc etc. Lots of calculations then give you the stats that should make the game work nicely. But it's always open to discussion, if it's proven not to work too well.

I've made an accident with protecting the cells btw...far too much . You can delete the protection by filling in the password, which is Nero666. There'll be an updated version tomorrow I think.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: How to easily balance unit statistics

marked this as a tool
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: How to easily balance unit statistics

hello where can I get the link for this tool ?, is that the link that this does not take me anywhere and the truth I am looking for something like this
    hello where can I get the link for this tool ?, is that the link that this does not take me anywhere and the truth I am looking for something like this