Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview: Settlements of Middle-earth - Part III

yujote's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Preview: Settlements of Middle-earth - Part III

Quote Originally Posted by Lolyjoly123 View Post
    If he really needed money, he would've opened a paypal account just for donations from TATW
    good idea tho... i cant wait!

Impressive work, like always

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoniser View Post
    Welcome to the club. hopefully some who can will upload them somewhere else for us (hint hint)
    I hope this helps?

https://rapidshare.com/files/459179898/images.zip
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Breathtaking...

Love orcish settlements and especially Rivendell!!

Can't wait to get my fingers on the new version...
    A Eruchîn,u-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas.

Beautiful, especially Rivendell

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

So now its basicly just generic dwarf settlements and the gameworld will be perfected. Beyond incredible stuff, ALL HAIL THE KING OF KINGS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninja51 View Post
    So now its basicly just generic dwarf settlements and the gameworld will be perfected. Beyond incredible stuff, ALL HAIL THE KING OF KINGS!!!!!!
    u mean King Kong! anyway, can KK send us a sample? i no ive posted this a few times, but i hope, someone can give me a good reason y not. If king Kong or someone on the TATW 3.0 team cud answer me, than i would kneel at my computer, and type my response wit one hand. I respect the good king, and i will serve! i know how much KK has sacrificed 4 us nerds. i no he has a life that's not online, so i exted my humble aprecciation to KK and anyother ppl on the 3.0 team... Still i ask, as a servant of KK: will u release at least one or 2 settlements? i will be silent then untill the official release, but PLEASE!!!!

OH MY.....(heartbroken)
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Finally I/we see soem pics of Rivendell
    I love it, great work as always my little ape And the corpses made me laughing - Now, pls all fans under 18 - shut down your Pc, forgett about Third Age until you're 18, and try to survive the time until then

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    Ehmm so... I start.... pleeeease tell us wheeeeeeen??? At least tell us if it s gonna be in 2011!!! :O
    I am surprise, the first question for the ETA is not on page one but 4 ?!?
    You make great progress

If so, how will you get around the ol' "M2TW has encountered an unexpected error" when you click on anything except fort-culture; men, and thereafter, only men-style settlements?
    Already fixed (not for you, yet, but will be in 3.0)
    Revindell is awesome, but i it is only the house of elrond, is it possible to place some of the houses/the wall you used in the generic elven settlement arount it or maybe on the other side of the cliff, because revindell is a "large" city isnt it?? I think the house of elrond should be the last place to retreat, wouldnt it be more realistic if you place some houses and the wall in the valley in front of the brigde??
    Guys please just wait and see, you don't know yet whether it is only the house of Elrond or not
    And that:
    Rivendell wasn't much more than Elrond's house, it's not that big. It is a hiding place, if it was a huge city the evil forces would have long found it
    ok i hate these!!!! i mean they r AWSOME, but is the Kong only taunting us by not releasing just one of these? im about to die of anticipation of these settlements.. plese, just PLEASE release only one of the custom settlements... just 4 custom battles and such... i will be KK's worshiper if he did!!!! what wud i have to do to get u to release a sample of these sellements.. u want 10$? i can get it 2 u?! im desperate!!!
    u mean King Kong! anyway, can KK send us a sample? i no ive posted this a few times, but i hope, someone can give me a good reason y not. If king Kong or someone on the TATW 3.0 team cud answer me, than i would kneel at my computer, and type my response wit one hand. I respect the good king, and i will serve! i know how much KK has sacrificed 4 us nerds. i no he has a life that's not online, so i exted my humble aprecciation to KK and anyother ppl on the 3.0 team... Still i ask, as a servant of KK: will u release at least one or 2 settlements? i will be silent then untill the official release, but PLEASE!!!!
    You can be glad I am sitting in front of my Pc and not directly in front of you
    Otherwise it would hurt badly now getting a hack on the shin by MBA

Seriously: Such comments are rather annoying, please be patient. You should think about it in detail, not only from your position but KK's and/or ours pls !!! If KK makes one little patch with one settlement, he would have to make all the installer, all the files fitting for this installation, all the changes so it is just this one (his files are completely different, so he would have to filter out everyting just for one settlement) so it would mean days of work just to release one now, work he has to redo once all settlements and features are done for 3.0 neverless, and, and and.... - so common, you cannot seriously demand that from, him...

So again KK and we all are doing it in our free time, we don't have to do anything and especially not "in time" - so whenever it may be released it will be, there is nothing that influances it

And of course still we are trying to please everyone, but we do also have to do it the way we CAN do it, and how we WANT it to be done - and we don't want to do work twice etc... I think such things are understandable aren't they ?!

Or in other words (oh damn how great - why didn't I think of this one earlier , this will now be the official anwser for every release question please ):

"3.0 is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it is meant to"
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; April 25, 2011 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoogeofstooges View Post
    lol yeah...

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    I think the expression is "holy cow".
    but this particular cow was ing, so ther was nothing "holy" about it..

now, about the settlements, what can i say? you can insert any praise you want rigth here, it will all sound like an understatement. thinking about it, this is testimony that you, mister monkey, have no word. cause every time there was a new realese, or a new preview, or some constant demans/petition/rumor about some certain feature, you made it very clear what would be the limits that you wouldn´t suprass, be it by technical dificulties, engine limitations or the balance between lore and gameplay (ents, balrog, trollmen, etcetera, etcetera). but then, time and again, you broke you own promises and kept us fans picking our jaws from the floor at least few times a year. is like in every release you say "ok guys, this is it. this is as awesome as it gets. we will have some more units, we will add a few settings, we will improve the balance, but you wont get any more AWESOME overdose from me". and then, time and again, when we less expected, POW! AWESOME SUCKER PUNCH US TRHOUGH THE MONITOR, YOU TREACHEROUS APE!

and that is why we love you so much. never change.

and i think that there is no better way to end this post than with an auto-quote from the first settlement preview, that i think better describes my feelings about this preview in particular and the upcoming patch as a hole:

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    MUST...... NOT...... :wub:..........

pd: oh, yeah. also, what size is that orc settlement? i´m doubting between large town and minor city.

edit: silly me. i see now that there are screens from many different sizes: i see a village, a town, and the walls of a small city. nevermind.
    Last edited by maxi90; April 25, 2011 at 07:28 PM.

u saif that he would have 2 make a whole new installer. i just want to use it as a custom battle map.

srry if these posts r gettin annoying.... illl stop now
    Check Out My Gaming Blog! (Help Wanted)

Scorpius Centaurus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44 View Post

+ rep for this. Maybe one of the moderators could pin this to the first post so others can see it too?

The orc settlements are great. And Rivendell looks fantastic. Amazing work KK. I do have one critique though, I'm not sure if I like the orange and green pattern on the roof.
    Last edited by Scorpius Centaurus; April 25, 2011 at 07:45 PM.

This ain't fair - you can't keep teasing us for this long without a release

been busy with school so many threads to read...but look what i saw incredible work as always kk the anticipation and hype over this upcoming patch is gonna be huge.

It's incredible.
    Fantastic, wonderful. I have no more words!

GSB - Grand Strategy Brazil
    A community of
    Lusophone Total War

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Another fantastic preview KK. So now probably only generic dwarven and gondorian left, right?

Wow. I love them both so much. The orcish settlement has such nice flavour and will be so awesome on the black plains of Gorgoroth! And Rivendell, it's amazing. Just absolutely fantastic.

Bah someone uploads it to rapidshare and then they dont let me download it. Woe is me. Even worse is that my friend who doesnt even check the forum can see em straight off the bat

+rep for being so great.

Awesome!

I have to say that I'm quite impressed with EVERYTHING, though the MOST impressive part is Rivendell! The model design is just BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe you guys are doing work like this without getting paid! Talk about dedication!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."