Thread: Overpowered Special Characters

Default Overpowered Special Characters

HI all
    Im want havea bit of fun and really over power the named characters in the game (mainly Grimgor).
    Ive had a look at editing the EDU File but i cant find any name characters there. Does any one knw where i can find them to modify the stats? Or is ther more to it than that for named char's.
    I hoping some one could help me here.
    All help welcome
    many thanks

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Overpowered Special Characters

You have to make your own traits and add them to the character in the "descr_strat.txt" in your "world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign" folder. Or you could find each and every bodyguard unit and just power them all up.

Thank you, is there a easy (and i mean easy as in snotling hit over the head a few times can still do it) guide to adding traits to the char's in the descr_strat.txt file.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I found these three links:

This one has a link to a trait editor:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ghlight=Traits

This one talks about traits, triggers, and monitors:

The final one is a trait/ancillary validator, so if you think you messed up somewhere, the tool will correct it or at least show you how to correct it:

I just tried out the trait editor, and it does not seem to work with the CoW trait file - Can anyone confirm this?

RedDwarf's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman147 View Post
    HI all
    Im want havea bit of fun and really over power the named characters in the game (mainly Grimgor).
    Ive had a look at editing the EDU File but i cant find any name characters there. Does any one knw where i can find them to modify the stats? Or is ther more to it than that for named char's.
    I hoping some one could help me here.
    All help welcome
    many thanks
    No release date yet. But I have in the works a Hero mod that will Hopefully make General Units fell more Heroic, and certain Hero's truly epic. With patients comes rewards
    "When In doubt? Belive the person with the bloodier weapon!"
    "When you need to shoot. Shoot, don't talk!" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by RedDwarf View Post
    No release date yet. But I have in the works a Hero mod that will Hopefully make General Units fell more Heroic, and certain Hero's truly epic. With patients comes rewards

Cant wait for it.

Going to be awesome to have crazy lords and heroes running around and one-manning stuff.

I would love to see this too but MTWII is group-based and I don't think it is designed for this. There is a cap at 15 for hp. A couple of lucky mortars (20hp damage) or other area-effect weapons will kill off any 15hp hero. Second, with army cap at 20 units, a very small army is so easy to be overrun. Third, if you factor in fatigue, even with very_hardy, your units get tired very easy. My dwarfs cannot even do 1 lap around any castle without becoming exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarsus999 View Post
    Cant wait for it.

Going to be awesome to have crazy lords and heroes running around and one-manning stuff.
    A version is released but not at that level. It can be stand alone. Or download with the 2.0 WarCry & CoW Fire Power Combo. With time perhaps It will reach that level.

Quote Originally Posted by boatie View Post
    I would love to see this too but MTWII is group-based and I don't think it is designed for this. There is a cap at 15 for hp. A couple of lucky mortars (20hp damage) or other area-effect weapons will kill off any 15hp hero. Second, with army cap at 20 units, a very small army is so easy to be overrun. Third, if you factor in fatigue, even with very_hardy, your units get tired very easy. My dwarfs cannot even do 1 lap around any castle without becoming exhausted.
    A direct artillery hit should kill just about anything in my opinion so.....

With that said, I believe that the 15hp cap my be only on EDU. Daemon Princes have 30 in the traits.

They are about that hard to kill too. My aim anyways is not to make the generals wipe the board.

Just enough to tip the balance in a close battle, and not die from some enemy units just looking wrong at them.

I personally have not tested it extensively, Just not enough time with all the other mods.

Now that the first phase of mods I wanted to release are done. I will actually play a campaign fully.

Taking notes of needs and fixes, plus what needs polish. But the second wave of mods also call.....

Ahhhh, the onus I place on myself

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

So any progress on this mod, pls? I think special characters should last longer in a fight. Right now they just die so easily. I agree with red dwarf. They shouldnt be a one man army but right now they die very quickly. It would also be cool if the armor ancilaries would give hit points and not atack. And swords maybe giving attack and banners would give morale and so on. It would be more realistic.

I agree, at the moent i found by going in to the descr_strat and adding traits that they would have eg i added the following grmgor.
    traits Factionleader 1 , GoodCommander 5, NaturalMilitarySkill 4 , BattleDread 5 , GoodAttacker 5 , GoodDefender 5 , Brave 5 , Berserker 3 , HarshRuler 3 , BattleScarred 4 , Anger 3 , orc 1
    as he is ment to be a complete combat monster who has even beaten archaon. What i would like though is for charcters to be in front of unit or in postion so that they can kill other generals ( allways a random orc) and increass there attack speed.

He didn't beat the Archaon by himselft...
    Crom did beat the Grimgor ( he say's that it's the foult of his orc's who fleed).
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    So any progress on this mod, pls? I think special characters should last longer in a fight. Right now they just die so easily. I agree with red dwarf. They shouldnt be a one man army but right now they die very quickly. It would also be cool if the armor ancilaries would give hit points and not atack. And swords maybe giving attack and banners would give morale and so on. It would be more realistic.
    I have a current version that affects traits only at the moment. Its intergrated in the WarCry & Fire Power Combo 2.0

If you just want the effected file download it. Copy the export_descr_character_traits to your game. Should be compatible with any mod out there

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hey, thanks! I will try it.

YW