Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950516691 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Hello everyone. I'm a longtime player and reader, but first time poster. A big thank you to the SS team for producing a great mod! I have been playing SS 6.1 for ever, and recently decided to move up to 6.4. The changes sounded interesting (a shame about Ireland, though: my last campaign was as them).

I have a question and concern, I have searched around for an answer but can't find one. SS 6.1 had army attrition/supply built in, without me havint to use Byg's Grim Reality. I do not see that option here. I'd like to play the new SS with army supply and attrition, but not the other BGR features.

I tried BYR II with my new install of SS 6.4, and this may have been fine, but that changed every settlement into a town: no more castles. Am I missing something? Is BYR 2.5 compatible with SS 6.4? How do I install it?

Any answers at all would be greatly appreciated.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kaliveult View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm a longtime player and reader, but first time poster. A big thank you to the SS team for producing a great mod! I have been playing SS 6.1 for ever, and recently decided to move up to 6.4. The changes sounded interesting (a shame about Ireland, though: my last campaign was as them).

I have a question and concern, I have searched around for an answer but can't find one. SS 6.1 had army attrition/supply built in, without me havint to use Byg's Grim Reality. I do not see that option here. I'd like to play the new SS with army supply and attrition, but not the other BGR features.

I tried BYR II with my new install of SS 6.4, and this may have been fine, but that changed every settlement into a town: no more castles. Am I missing something? Is BYR 2.5 compatible with SS 6.4? How do I install it?

Any answers at all would be greatly appreciated.
    \

byg shouldn't make it all cities....did you install msc too?

Tiro

I need help. I can't open SS 6.3 *.BIN images. Also neither UltraISO nor DaemonTools Lite can mount them on virtual drives. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    I need help. I can't open SS 6.3 *.BIN images. Also neither UltraISO nor DaemonTools Lite can mount them on virtual drives. What's the problem?
    You need to download the install .exe as well. First link before the .bin downloads.

Setup: Filefront or MegaUpload (3mb)

Greetings from Argentina

im having a bit of a problem: The game (6.4) keeps crashing when i open it. I find it weird cause 6.3 worked just fine. Ive already done the permission thing with the Medieval II Folder and the problem persists. Any ideas?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

You should start a new thread in bug reports. But until this post gets moved to it's own, I'll see what I can do. Did you set the permissions before you installed SS? Also run SS_Setup.exe before you run the game

The permissions... i think it was afterwards installing.
    And i didnt run the SS_Setup.exe. I think. I will try.
    Thanks for the quick response!!

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    \

byg shouldn't make it all cities....did you install msc too?
    I did. That seemed to be the problem. Reinstalled it all without MSC, and using BGR II, everything looks as it should be.

It was a silly thing. The permissions thing must be done before installing. Solved.
    Thanks a lot for the help!

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Have fun!

Just another doubt: Is Ireland gone for good? (I dont know if it was already gone in 6.3, im just getting to know all this)

Quote Originally Posted by caliel View Post
    Just another doubt: Is Ireland gone for good? (I dont know if it was already gone in 6.3, im just getting to know all this)
    Ireland is gone for good from the main campaigns. There is nothing against it beeing added via a regional campaign or by submods.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Ireland is gone for good from the main campaigns. There is nothing against it beeing added via a regional campaign or by submods.
    Which submod could i add in order to be able to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by caliel View Post
    Which submod could i add in order to be able to use it?
    None yet but they are beeing worked on.

Foederatus

hello.I have to ask this again,be patient with me :-) Is it going to be a stand-alone 6.4 installation file,so there will be no need to install 6.3 before?

Quote Originally Posted by alsakari View Post
    hello.I have to ask this again,be patient with me :-) Is it going to be a stand-alone 6.4 installation file,so there will be no need to install 6.3 before?
    no, but at some point when i get a free long while to upload it i'm planning on uploading a combined 6.3/6.4 download file (all files together) but you'll still have to install both.

Foederatus

ok.That will be nice.Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    no, but at some point when i get a free long while to upload it i'm planning on uploading a combined 6.3/6.4 download file (all files together) but you'll still have to install both.
    http://www.2shared.com/file/4gqJcTuq/SSinstall.html via 2shared.com

here's the file, used 7zip for the compression so you'll have to use that, but downloaded and unzipped fine for me.

files included are: ss6.3.exe, ss6.3-1.bin, ss6.3-2.bin, ss6.3-3.bin, ss6.3-4.bin, ss6.3-5.bin all prefoldered for ss6.3 and ss6.4.exe. So just download the file. Unzip it to your desktop and run the ss6.3.exe file in the ss6.3 folder and then run the ss6.4.exe file. (if you have vista or win7 don't forget to run the .exe files with right click 'run as admin').

Download takes 1/2 hour at 1.1mb/sec and the unzip took my computer 2 1/2 minutes. So not bad at all.
    have fun!

Just another question:

Is the convertion from castle-->town / town-->caste now disabled?
    Cause ive conquered the british isles with scotland and i dont seem to be able to have any castles.
    ¿Maybe ive installed any mod that bugged the game?
    Last edited by caliel; July 11, 2011 at 09:24 AM.

Lurtz's Avatar Laetus

Is there any way to force SS to got to fullscreen mode? I already deactivated the borderless option, but it still doesn't work well for me with my Windows superbar being on the left of my screen.