Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Damn, SS is the favourite mod of 2010 , clearly it's a nice surprise. Thanks to gracul and the rest of the team. Our awards are small in numbers, but big in quality .

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    i think 1270s
    Thank ya, iv looked at the chart on Guides and Resources page but i dont think there uptodate with 6.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Holsety View Post
    Did the requirements for Cannon buildings get increased or pushed back in the turns? I started a Late Era campaign as Denmark and it's turn 68 with no gunpowder units/buildings still, yet I see mercenary ribaults around.
    Anyone got an answer to this one yet?

Heretics/witches need to be toned down by how much they covert your populace , I have 3 bishops stalking a full star heretic and he is defiently converting faster then them.

Also I cant risk destroying them as my cardinal got converted already and now I have 2 of the buggers.

Do 6.3 mods work on 6.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Battletoads View Post
    Do 6.3 mods work on 6.4?
    It should imo.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Holsety View Post
    Did the requirements for Cannon buildings get increased or pushed back in the turns? I started a Late Era campaign as Denmark and it's turn 68 with no gunpowder units/buildings still, yet I see mercenary ribaults around.

1305-1330 you can start, different units will become available over time

any idea when a small hotfix will come out? dieing to play a die hard campaign, but my favorite faction has a known bug listed in your bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pesticide View Post
    any idea when a small hotfix will come out? dieing to play a die hard campaign, but my favorite faction has a known bug listed in your bug thread
    Which faction and bug you are referring too?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Battletoads View Post
    Heretics/witches need to be toned down by how much they covert your populace , I have 3 bishops stalking a full star heretic and he is defiently converting faster then them.

Also I cant risk destroying them as my cardinal got converted already and now I have 2 of the buggers.

Do 6.3 mods work on 6.4?
    well one guy preaching to 95% percent of the population and 3 guys preaching to 5% percent of the population let's say each one convinces 1 out of every 20 people so...(assuming 100 people for easy math) 1/20 of 95 for heritic= 4.75 converted to heretic
    1/20 of 5 people for bishop= .25 people x 3 bishops= .75 people converted...

so plus 4 converts to heritic? thats how i've always figured it works/pretended roleplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Which faction and bug you are referring too?
    i was mistaken, i misread hoplitter knight for teutonic knights with plate upgrade crash

Oh that yeah that has been fixed by the team but i'm not sure has it been released or not but the patch is on it's way not sure when but we are trying to release it as fast as we can.

Thx for the update, take as much time as you need for it and thx again this awesome mod!!

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

The main reason I love 6.4 is for the reduced AI turn times. I don't know if it was an intended fix or an unintended consequence, but the time is back to tolerable 6.1 levels. I didn't play 6.3 because of the excessive time the AI took. + rep (edit: As soon as I can. It seems gracul's the last guy I gave rep to and I need to "spread it out" first!).

As for the other stuff... I don't think I like the new superheretics. The old ones were plenty annoying, but these guys will definitively require military intervention to handle them (place units in all 8 tiles surrounding the miscreant, then move in another unit to arrest and execute him).

About the restrictions on large settlements, I take it this also will restrict the access to the higher-tier units that could be obtained only at the highest barracks of citadels and huge cities. Or have these elite units been moved down to the lesser barracks? Peasant archers and spear militia forever!
    Last edited by caralampio; February 13, 2011 at 01:56 PM.

is there any bug thread? or should i post bugs in this thread?

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ni72 View Post
    is there any bug thread? or should i post bugs in this thread?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=652

Got a message from the masons guild . "They are very pleased and have errected some sort of building in one of my fortresses". Now I can build a church , abbey and so forth in that fortress . But the bonuses (health , happiness) don`t show in the settlement detail scroll . To build or not to build that`s my question ?

Quote Originally Posted by caralampio View Post
    The main reason I love 6.4 is for the reduced AI turn times. I don't know if it was an intended fix or an unintended consequence, but the time is back to tolerable 6.1 levels.
    And here I feared that you would report the opposite

FabianScarus's Avatar Ducenarius

Is the Prophet a NEW unit to this mod?

I'm wondering because when I click him he seems to have unique speech apposed to the normal heretic.

Default Last time i buy total war games from steam.

Hi.

This is turning me crazy. I cant get ss to work in steam!!.

I install it to steammapps, common and then medevil 2, install ss 6.4 in the 6.3 map. I backup the launcher, and rename kingdoms exe as launcher. I type in @mods\SS6.3\default.cfg in set launch options, and all i get is the main original loading screen and then a popup with a exclamation mark saying nothing, and the game shuts down.

Ive reinstalled it clean 2 times.

Man wtf, why must it be so hard to mod in steam. Urgent help, i need guys..please
    What did the muslim say to the mongol?

Dont sack me

Engenberg,

Ive done everything just like u, I already had 6.3 installed so i ddnt have to change anything in the steam launch options. The only ive done differently which u hvnt mentioned is starting the game via steam. In other words,

right click on the steam icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, then just click on MTW Kingdoms. I did that and i has lauched properly, hvnt tried the game but im in the main menu screen and its def 6.4. So I guess as long as u installed 6.4 in the 6.3 folder, and u have renamed the launcher.exe to kingdoms.exe, and start the game with the process I mentioned above, It should work!