Page 21 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930314671 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Population is severely limited in 6.4, but you should be able to get to large city with good governors. Huge cities will be much more difficult to get. Difficulty doesn't affect population.

Jousting list: only these factions can build them
    My minor cities don`t grow above 19500 (Aberdeen , Edinburgh ,Exeter). At a certain point (1 or 2 turns before I`d reach 19500 ) population suddenly decreases for no reason . That has happened several times already .

Right , that explains why I can`t build jousting lists . Oddly , I had governours i.e. in London who got the trait "fair jouster" .
    What triggers the "leader is absent minded " trait ? I had to send some of my family members into my own stakes because of their disloyalty . Any way to avoid that trait ?
    Thanks in advance

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Faster, but by how much I don't know because I removed all the things that were slowing 6.3 down.

My minor cities don`t grow above 19500 (Aberdeen , Edinburgh ,Exeter). At a certain point (1 or 2 turns before I`d reach 19500 ) population suddenly decreases for no reason . That has happened several times already .

Right , that explains why I can`t build jousting lists . Oddly , I had governours i.e. in London who got the trait "fair jouster" .
    What triggers the "leader is absent minded " trait ? I had to send some of my family members into my own stakes because of their disloyalty . Any way to avoid that trait ?
    Thanks in advance
    19500 is what you need to upgrade to large city.

absent minded happens randomly when your FL doesn't have one of the other unique traits. It's 9% chance each turn, and he needs to get it 2 times to actually get the trait--you are just very unlucky.
    Last edited by newt; January 30, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Playeraka View Post
    How is the speed of turns anyway with this 6.4
    I found 6.3 ''normal'' so is this one slower or faster compared to 6.3?
    6.4 takes about twice as long to go through all the turns than 6.3+fixes (which included FTT)
    At least it does for me.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

It should as fast, or faster, than vanilla 6.3. I'm not sure how it compares to 6.3+the Fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    It should as fast, or faster, than vanilla 6.3. I'm not sure how it compares to 6.3+the Fixes.
    Maybe it's just me, but I know the fixes (or FTT) took out the stuff like "The king of X is dead" messages, which are annoying and not needed as far as I can see.
    As for what else it took out to quicken the turns, I'm not sure of. But 6.4 is definitely slower when it comes to turn times.

6.4 took out the princess notifications, as well as some other stuff. Some stuff was optimized as well. The optimizations included in the Fixes however, were not included in 6.4.

6.4 took out the princess notifications, as well as some other stuff. Some stuff was optimized as well. The optimizations included in the Fixes however, were not included in 6.4.
    Ok, thanks.
    Regardless of the turn time I still love this mod.

In this model the growth population of the computer is busted .

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by White Hand View Post
    In this model the growth population of the computer is busted .
    How so exactly?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

If you compare your city to turn 60 and then take another faction and is always looking to turn 60 and the other half of a mountain there.
    and say that I always kept fees to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hand View Post
    If you compare your city to turn 60 and then take another faction and is always looking to turn 60 and the other half of a mountain there.
    and say that I always kept fees to a minimum.
    mmmmm Maybe post that in english?
    And if you mean that the AI gets population growth bonuses then you're right, it's to make it harder for the player

I am enjoying SS 6.4 very much. Playing as Norway (late era), I have seen many naval invasions and the AI looks even better than in the previous version. The mod is very good. The point I particularly didn’t like was the way you guys made the Mongols way too overpowered. For the sake of replayability, I would like to see the Mongols much weaker than they actually are, and it would also be a good idea to see the Byzantines and the Crusaders a bit stronger, both able to stand their ground - and once in a while surprise you and defeat their enemies. If the Mongols were only half strong as they currently are, playing as the Khwaresmian Empire and Cuman Khanate would also be a lot more fun, as they would also sometimes have the chance to push the Mongols back to the Far East, making this way replayability more fun. Anyway, the mod is really really great!

Congratulations for the SS team!
    Last edited by AlexCouceiro; January 31, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by nosjack202 View Post
    6.4 takes about twice as long to go through all the turns than 6.3+fixes (which included FTT)
    At least it does for me.
    Any of you guys play BYG IVe on a slow computer?

That is the reason why I play with BYG II only.... I lvoe all the things BYG IVe has.... but the turn time was killing me

In my opinion, SS 6.4+BYG II runs as fast as 6.3+BYG II. Or maybe that because I was use to playing with BYG IVe?
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

I haven't tried BGR at all.
    In 6.3 the average turn took about 30-60 seconds, with 6.4 it's 45seconds-up to 2 minutes

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

Can i play 2 games with different configurations at the same time ?
    Like a late campaigns with bgr and other and another one without the bgr, without having to constantly switch the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiub View Post
    Can i play 2 games with different configurations at the same time ?
    Like a late campaigns with bgr and other and another one without the bgr, without having to constantly switch the setup.
    I'm not sure, but my guess would be no.

You'll have to switch options in the setup every time you switch saves.

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by nosjack202 View Post
    I'm not sure, but my guess would be no.
    Well i tried it and it seems to work. But does it ? might something be wrong and I'm not seeing it ?
    Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Jiub View Post
    Well i tried it and it seems to work. But does it ? might something be wrong and I'm not seeing it ?

So you can have different save files with different option selected, but you'll have to run setup every time you switch between them.

I don’t mind turns are taking a little bit longer in SS 6.4 version. The game is very well balanced and I am really surprised at the AI. AI´s behavior in battles and strategically moving around the campaign map are both very good and interesting.

Besides, the flexibility for many different starting configurations make it possible to please all tastes, I believe. I found it really cool playing the game like this: Savage AI, BGR 2, Real Recruitment, Limited Activities and Longer Assimilation on. And campaign on hard level, which seems more rational and fun to me (very hard levels get a little bit crazy at times).

I tried BGR 4-E, but I didn’t like it very much. There are some very nice features and ideas indeed, but the overall amount of difficulty and limitations presented in the mod made it something in the end uninteresting to me.

I loved this mod. I am having a great time playing my Norwegian campaign so far. I really hope SS team will keep up the hard work and develop this game into something even greater than it already is.
    Last edited by AlexCouceiro; January 31, 2011 at 10:52 AM.