Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Guide]For The Hopelessly Lost: Guide to Installing Stainless Steel 6.3

Floris V van Holland's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Guide]For The Hopelessly Lost: Guide to Installing Stainless Steel 6.3

http://www.filefront.com/17630150/Fixes.exe/ is indeed no exe. not when i downloaded. tried playing anyway just for a looksee crashed in turn 12. looks great. ridiculous amount of money though. but is was on normal setting for first time. i'll be going harder next time. thanks for your help so far tears of destiny. you make me feel welcome.
    Last edited by Floris V van Holland; January 05, 2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Patriotism is Indeed a Double-Edged Sword

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor,for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind . . .
    And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear
    and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so.

How do I know? For this is what I have done. I am Caesar.

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Guide]For The Hopelessly Lost: Guide to Installing Stainless Steel 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by johan de witt View Post
    http://www.filefront.com/17630150/Fixes.exe/ is indeed no exe. not when i downloaded. tried playing anyway just for a looksee crashed in turn 12. looks great. ridiculous amount of money though. but is was on normal setting for first time. i'll be going harder next time. thanks for your help so far tears of destiny. you make me feel welcome.
    Right, let me give this another shot, though not much of one.

I for the life of me am unable to to determine why your computer refuses to run an application file.

I suggest downloading the fixes just once more (Sometimes the DownLoad gets corrupted), and running it again.

If the above does not work, try this:
    Select the file
    Hit F2
    Add .exe at the end
    Run the file

If this does not work then I suggest contacting Meneth directly as he is the maker of the Fixes. Sorry for not being more help, but Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I am trying to catch up with my Content Staff duties hehehehe.

Very sorry for being unable to help more, this is a concern that I have no idea what could be wrong.

hi

several things have happened.
    first i renamed file with fixes.exe
    that opened program.

ran program by doubleclicking it found the 6.3 folder on its own.

there are a few things that really confuse me though.
    6.) ""......" and point it at your SS6.3 mod folder (Not in it, just on it).

i don't get this. this suggests to me dragging your fixes.exe icon on top of your mod folder icon. which is not possible.

2nd
    An easy way to tell if you installed your fixes correctly is if you do not see the option to disable RR when starting a new campaign.

i keep seeing that option when i double click the ss_setup.exe which suggests that the fixes went wrong somehow.

i tried this link given by losthief : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HHNIH0VR here u go, merry xmas

same thing the rr option keeps presenting itself.

why isn't there at start up of the game when you get the big stainless steel tekst in full view a little tekst saying you added this or that fix or mod in view?

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor,for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind . . .
    And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear
    and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

1. That just means that you're to tell it to install in your SS6.3 folder, as it doesn't always manage to find it on its own.
    2. You might have installed the Fixes into the wrong folder, or something else might have caused them not to apply properly.
    Do this:
    Disable UAC
    Move the SS6.3 folder out of Program Files
    Disable read-only on the SS6.3 folder
    Install the Fixes again

ok this might be really dumb on my part but in my fixes files it says 4.0 fixes in install pop up.

not 4.2

only saw it just now clicked rapidly past that earlier times.

could that be the problem in the sense i still see RR ?

did the read only thing.

Nah, that's just me forgetting to change the installer-number the last time I released a new version.

Could you provide a screen shot of what the inside of the mod-folder of SS6.3 looks like?
    The fixes might have "Missed," as this happened to me. If the Fixes install on the SS6.3 folder, then they will overwrite the correct files, but if the Fixes went into the SS6.3 folder they may create a new SS6.3 folder within the original SS6.3 and create stuff inside of that instead.

It sounds strange, but I have seen at least one other person that this has happened to.

im currently reinstalling the game on different drive to get out of program files.

i'll replace exe file http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=249

then i'll install 6.3 . (( first time i installed 6.3 first and then replaced exe. ))

then i'll turn of read only and install fix.

then try and get back to you . must find program i guess to take screenshot. but maybe it will work .
    Last edited by Floris V van Holland; January 06, 2011 at 11:06 AM.

this menue?

could remote acces be a tool to use?

i'd be willing to grant it.

the reputation system gives me enough feeling of trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Floris V van Holland View Post
    this menue?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Floris V van Holland View Post
    could remote acces be a tool to use?

i'd be willing to grant it.

the reputation system gives me enough feeling of trust.
    Remote access might be a tool worth considering for someone else to help.

I highly reccomend only allowing someone on the official SS team to help, though. Meneth for example might be willing to help.

I don't currently have any remote access tools installed, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    I don't currently have any remote access tools installed, sorry.
    Ah, that is my problem as well, otherwise I would be willing to help.

Achasic's Avatar Foederatus

Hmm...I've heard that this mod should be quite the fun to play. I've tried to download it through the many different ways of doing so(), but it doesn't seem to work....at all. So I ask, is it possible to put it up like a "Regular" download with the need of Winrar.....WinRar/Rar file:o?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Achasic View Post
    Hmm...I've heard that this mod should be quite the fun to play. I've tried to download it through the many different ways of doing so(), but it doesn't seem to work....at all. So I ask, is it possible to put it up like a "Regular" download with the need of Winrar.....WinRar/Rar file:o?
    define not work? like the downloads don't finish?

too slow?

did you download the installer.exe to make the bin files worK?

what ones did you try?

I think I've messed something up...

Running Windows XP, I downloaded the MegaUpload version of SS6.3. I started it, and it started fine. However, on the Single Player screen, it came up with:

Late Era Campaign
    Custom Battle
    Quick Battle
    Historical Battle

I clicked on Late Era Campaign but it said, "Choose an option from the list". Everything else worked fine, but I really wanted to play a campaign.

I downloaded Meneth's Compilation, and put it in the SS6.3 folder. However, now when I try to open SS, it CTDs on the opening screen (the one with a guy with a sword and Crusader shield).

Help please?

Thanks.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

El Cid99....

I posted your SOS here just in case the caretakers around here are'nt out on the prowl. Best of luck my friend...

Meneth's Sub-mod Compilation (MSC) 6.0
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    El Cid99....

I posted your SOS here just in case the caretakers around here are'nt out on the prowl. Best of luck my friend...

Meneth's Sub-mod Compilation (MSC) 6.0

Thank you

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid99 View Post
    Thank you
    No worries, Happy Holidays...

P.S. Please come find me if you have any general questions about TWC or need anything.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

seems that none of the download links work any more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast