Page 1 of 62 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for 6.3! - Post CTDs in a new topic!

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Default Bug Reports for 6.3! - Post CTDs in a new topic!

Please report only non-CTD bug's in this topic, such as typos or graphical errors.

If you have a CTD (crash to desktop) problem, create a new thread in this sub-forum.
    Information to include:

• when is the CTD happening (turn number, who's turn, which era)
    • which additional setup features did you install (your campaign options like AI etc)
    • attach your zipped/rared system.log (can be found in start menu -> stainless steel -> error log)
    • attach your campaign script (found in SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign)
    • optionally you can attach the save game file.

KNOWN BUGS:
    - Banners for lithuania, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, norway, kwarezm, slave are messed up. edit: and timurids.
    For now, apply fix by Caesar Clivus, copy the files in descr_sm_factions.rar to your SS6.3\data folder - EARLY descr_sm_factions.txt for early era, LATE descr_sm_factions.txt for late era. After that, delete the present descr_sm_factions.txt and rename the EARLY descr_sm_factions.txt to descr_sm_factions.txt. After that download banner_fix_symbols7.tga.rar and place symbols7.tga.dds in \SS6.3\data\banners

- "Create process failed; code 14001.
    This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstaling the application may fix this problem."
    Install this 1mb package, with run-time c++ libraries: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    After you've done that, make sure to go to Stainless Steel start menu group, and run setup.

- I'm getting a CTD at turn 51!
    My mistake.
    These files are fully save-game compatible, and can be always used regardless of setup features.
    (it seems that while copying some names i accidentally removed of bulgaria surename -.-).
    http://www.filefront.com/17172520/data.rar (extract to SS folder\data and press YES to overwrite)

- I'm playing bgr and i get a ctd on scoutage tax (when pressing ?)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...29#post7814929

- My gui icons went weird and then it crashed!
    Sadly, that will be fixed in near future. You have to reload, the crash won't repeat until some gui buffer gets bad again.
    So if you get weird icons on your gui, save and reload (maybe even restart SS).

- Crash on battle start or on battle end, BUT not in middle of battle.
    Thats probably because of the BAI we are using. It's great, but crashes can happen. I will consult germanicu5, the author, about the issue and hopefully we will be able to come back with some sort of a fix.
    The crash occurs due to some enigne bugs preventing some events to fire.

Mandatory bugfixes for 6.3 are available with additional content/corrections from here as a installer or here for manual application. Only use the manual method if you have good reason to.

It is recommended to upgrade to 6.4.
    Last edited by bɑne; April 06, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Bug Reports for 6.3!

Hate to crash the party already but couple graphical errors. Norway has Ireland's Flag on Campaign Map, Crusader States has Norway's Flag on Campaign Map and Khwarezmian Empire has Crusader States Flag on Campaign map, Kievan Rus has Lithuania's Flag on Campaign Map and Lithuania has Knights Templar's Flag on Campaign Map. Everyone else seems fine.
    Last edited by TheColdTruth; August 02, 2010 at 10:19 PM.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdTruth View Post
    Hate to crash the party already but couple graphical errors. Norway has Ireland's Flag on Campaign Map, Crusader States has Norway's Flag on Campaign Map and Khwarezmian Empire has Crusader States Flag on Campaign map, Kievan Rus has Lithuania's Flag on Campaign Map and Lithuania has Knights Templar's Flag on Campaign Map. Everyone else seems fine.
    I have the same bug.

What a way to start the launch.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdTruth View Post
    Did you install over another copy of Stainless Steel?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Hello,

It doesnt seem to work with the Steam version. The SS 6.3 launcher launches the regular old Kingdoms launcher. If you delete the launcher from the main MTW2 directory you get a "game is not ready" error. The old fix doesnt work as it requires you to rename your kingdoms.exe to launcher.exe. if you do this the SS 6.3 Launcher gives the error "cannot find kingdoms.exe. is it in your MTW directory?"

thanks!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Ok now that I've downloaded and installed 6.3, I can see that some faction banners are messed up. Took a look at the factions file and found the problem.

Early Era
    Attachment 101253

Late Era
    Attachment 101254

Rename the files to just descr_sm_factions and put them in their respective folders (SS6.3\data\campaign\early\data and SS6.3\data\campaign\late\data respectively. Then copy the file into SS6.3\data\ for whatever campaign you're playing currently. Should be savegame compatible.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    Hello,

It doesnt seem to work with the Steam version. The SS 6.3 launcher launches the regular old Kingdoms launcher. If you delete the launcher from the main MTW2 directory you get a "game is not ready" error. The old fix doesnt work as it requires you to rename your kingdoms.exe to launcher.exe. if you do this the SS 6.3 Launcher gives the error "cannot find kingdoms.exe. is it in your MTW directory?"

thanks!
    See
    Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    F.A.Q
    (Frequently Asked Questions)

Q: I've got steam, what to do?
    A: First, i always hoped making a custom .exe file would fix using mods with steam, but no one ever using steam would reply to me asking if they can check if a custom exe does the job. So it's like a blind man walking in a desert searching for water. Yep, he can still fall into an oasis and drown, but what the chance? You can visit http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329561 if the current solutions are not working.
    Maybe you could be essential in helping out there

Sometimes dark streaks show on the campaign map. Never had this happen in SS 6.2 or RC/RR but curiously enough I'm experiencing a rather similar problem in TATW.

A reload solves this but still, it's annoying.

indeed Bane. I just thought I would post it here for now for gracul. i know he is probably busy with a million other people and steam is probably way down on his list. i will send him a message with my info though as I would be happy to help figure this out

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    indeed Bane. I just thought I would post it here for now for gracul. i know he is probably busy with a million other people
    Quite possible. I've got my first pm out of india today for help with the 6.3 download...
    and steam is probably way down on his list. i will send him a message with my info though as I would be happy to help figure this out
    I think NoMercy88 might be willing to help out as well.

righto! i saw NoMercy's message on the main post and send him a PM.

With BGR IV selected in a campaign, agents are displaying supply traits?

Not sure whether this is a bug or not (mod looks great so far btw) but ive just started playing and the game seems very dark. Brightness and gamma settings for my monitor are on full but when i try to adjust brightness in the in-game options nothing happens. thank you for reading
    Last edited by Scandal; August 03, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Quite possible. I've got my first pm out of india today for help with the 6.3 download...
    I have the feeling it's the same guy who PMed me. If you want I will forward you my answers to him, cause he did not respond anything to me yet and I answered to him 3 hours ago twice!
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.

Further to my glitch comment: it can be solved by a simple alt-tab so it might have something to do with the auto borderless mode.

Last edited by Heskey; August 03, 2010 at 07:09 PM.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Campaign map is exteremly laggy in borderless mode for me. What's even worse is to run it I need to lower my laptops resolution to a small sqaure.... not happening! I'll stick too bordered mode if it means keeping my laptop fullscreen. But it's only laggy in borderless mode.

In regards to helping with a custom .exe for working with Steam I would help but I can't install SS till there's a different download mirror/torrent. Till that time gord should be able to help.

Kind Regards
    Will
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

*Sigh* those files, Ceaser, didn't work for me. I tried to make a hotfix for them aswell, that would install them with minimal possibilities for confusion, but the files simply didn't work. Could you tell me what I would have to change to fix it manually? I looked around the files, unsure of which would I change, but I can't open the majority of files so I got stuck anyway :/

Page 1 of 62 12345678910112651 ... LastLast