Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: The Town and Castle RozMod for SS6.3 Beta released

Default Re: The Town and Castle RozMod for SS6.3 Beta released

Maybe those are lame questions but when I must download this two files? This patch broke my saves ? and finally I must begin new game or fix working with current save?
    I didn't know that there are so many idiots, until I began using Internet. -Stanislaw Lem

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Ponti - you can continue with your exisitng game without installing the new files.
    they'll only affect the start position - so if you're into a campaign there shouldn't be a need to install (until you start a new campaign.)

bad news is I've just checked the alltowns v0.2 and it has the same problem.
    tried checking with GeoMod but it stuck at 79% which usually suggests a problem with the descr_strat.
    nothing showing up in the system log.

so something is horribly wrong somewhere, but I can't work out what it is atm.

will have to come back tomorrow and start afresh - I expect I've copied the wrong file somewhere.

aha - problem found - the ancillary images have some sort of error - won't open in Paint.NET

I'll see if I can find the originals and re-do them.

herewith the replacement ui/ancillaries files for gdansk and trieste.

the other opened OK so hopefully they work.

still need to sort out the the text - the title says Duca di trieste but the description talks of Raguse -
    need to check the text files next.

the ui/ancillaries files can be hot swapped without any problem (I hope)

OK have found the errant text entry in export_ancillaries.txt
    (if you install you'll need to delete the strings.bin version so it can be rebuilt with the correct version.)

Not an essential fix but worth doing at start of new campaign.

Attachment 128975
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; December 21, 2010 at 05:38 PM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Roz are you saying that it was the ancillaries file that was stopping Geomod from loading? Because I've got the exact same problem (stopping loading at 79%, nothing in the log) and cant for the life of me figure out WTH is going on.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

To which folder Am I download this fix? ss6.3/data?
    I didn't know that there are so many idiots, until I began using Internet. -Stanislaw Lem

CC - I have same problem with geoMod - sticks at 79% - usually means a problem with descr_strat.
    GeoMod does not work with custom forts (in descr_strat)
    and
    garrisoned_armies (in descr_strat)
    gigantus is working on a fix for the latter I believe.

(to test you'd need to strip out all of those - and then put them all back again.)

that doesn't mean there isn''t a problem in descr_strat that I haven't found yet though -
    whatever it is it doesn't show in the system.log

here's another weirdness - 2 PSFs have worked fine on the early mod, but the late campaign won't accept them in the same place, same terrain.

the ancillary graphix cause a CTD if you clicked on the bod in the army roster, and corrupted the GUI.

my apologies for screw-up - somehow managed to copy dud files into the releases.

sort of problem you'll spot straight off if you know where to look, but don't manifest unless you play the game yourself -
    and with so many factions that's going to take ages.

descr_regions is just a change in the seville religion numbers.

the text file corrects the Duca di Trieste description so it doesn't refer to Ragusa.
    Ponti - yes should unload into the SS6.3/data folder the rest of the mod is in -
    oops you'll need to place the descr_strat manually in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/
    descr_regions files manually in data/world/maps/base

I'll put in proper folders for next patch.

my testing is limited to running a hotseat multiplayer - freezing weather + RSI = no play games atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Ponti - you can continue with your exisitng game without installing the new files.
    they'll only affect the start position - so if you're into a campaign there shouldn't be a need to install (until you start a new campaign.)
    OK but it was only 30 turns so I was install Your patch ,I check and old saves make CTD's ,but any problem here

I just start my new campaign

been testing as best i can- ran for 110 turns on hotseat -dipped into england, venice, lithuania, poland, france, aragon for a couple of turns.
    everything seems to be running smoothly.
    no errors in system.log

but there may still be problems lurking that will come to light if people play through with a single faction long enough.

another minor update - nothing game breaking or anything just increased merc costs (another file that got missed or muddled when i included the 1100 stuff.) Posted on the O/P of thread, folded into existing patch.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; December 25, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

Is this compatible with 6.4?

Thanks In Advance.

RozMod is for the vanilla SS6.3. and requires M2TW / Kingdoms 1.05 patch.

Foederatus

Is there or will there be any upgraded 6.4 version of this mod? Now I get errors because it's not compatible with BGR II and IV

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Hasnt been on in a while
    November 18, 2011 12:50 AM

Default Re: The Roz Mod for Stainless Steel 6.3

Is this compatible with SS6.4?

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

No

Soz - I gave up modding M2TW a couple of years ago - too many complications involved with the development of SS - too many other submods etc.

I've no idea how easy it would be to make it compatible with SS6.4. or compatible with other submods.

I trashed all my M2TW files - but it's possible some might be hiding somewhere on this board somewhere.

I might just be able to remember some of what I was doing - I'm playing R2:TW atm - sorry beta testing it
    but if you exactly what the problem is I'll see what i can do.

I changed my name when I left - and have got a new one now

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Glad to see you're still around. I think I have it somewhere in my archives. I'll check that today and let you know.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

does anyone have a link to the alltowns mod, really miss this, thanks