Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

@Germanicus

Here is my log for the CTD, I didn't change anything. Newest beta.

im using Vista but already turned UAC off.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@PB

In 1450 campaign there's I_Localfaction condition instead of I_LocalFaction in, I remember I corrected it for you ~9 months ago, but it returned.

I know 1450 campaign is not your focus, but it's a minor problem.

@Babygod22

If I had to blame anything, given the log info, I'd blame advisor (possibly it's not off) or some texture issues - which is either hardware-related or caused by the fact that you started the game before upgrading, in which case disabling file cache might help (although there are no typical errors in the log file).

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Hi! So, when i start the game, i get CTD even before loading scree, it says "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit"

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    @PB

In 1450 campaign there's I_Localfaction condition instead of I_LocalFaction in, I remember I corrected it for you ~9 months ago, but it returned.

@Babygod22

If I had to blame anything, given the log info, I'd blame advisor (possibly it's not off) or some texture issues - which is either hardware-related or caused by the fact that you started the game before upgrading, in which case disabling file cache might help (although there are no typical errors in the log file).

Regards
    Thanks, will check it.

started the game before upgrading
    what do you mean by that? you mean I started the vanilla rr/rc game before upgrading it with newest patch?

or you mean that my computer system is not good for playing the game. Sorry I can't understand English sometime as it is not my first language.
    Last edited by Babygod22; July 15, 2010 at 03:42 PM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I think he means you started a campaign, then installed the patch.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing a CTD while trying to load a quicksave and autosave

The log file says
    15:11:44.267 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 6445 in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:11:44.284 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    15:11:44.619 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

line 6445 is 'siege_settlement teuton4leader, Palanga, maintain'

I tried to load a quick save from the preiovious line, and it CTD, so i tried to load the autosave and it still CTD. I can load my save from 1220 ok.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

My Game always crashes when I try to start with a faction a campaigne. When it has loaded the campaigne crashes to the desktop. It get on my nerves becuase I have tried it so much to start a campaign and I never see the campaigne map
    I want to try RC&RR for SS but it seems that it doesn't work... .
    I reinstallation doesn't help...

I have no idea what I have done wrong because RC&RR works fine with TATW but not with SS...
    This is what I've done:

1. clean istallation of Stainless Steel to 6.1
    2. Installation of the main file of Oct(The two main parts)
    3. Installation of the latest beta(july 1) over the main file
    4. clicked the file-task2 button before I started the game the first time

Can anybody help me, please?
    Last edited by Bund weicher Birnen; July 19, 2010 at 09:47 AM.

you remembering to run the batch files? after you install them?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Batch files? You mean the file-tasks buttons? Yes, I clicked on them before I start the game.
    Should I run the game before I install RC&RR ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bund weicher Birnen View Post
    My Game always crashes when I try to start with a faction a campaigne. When it has loaded the campaigne crashes to the desktop. It get on my nerves becuase I have tried it so much to start a campaign and I never see the campaigne map
    I want to try RC&RR for SS but it seems that it doesn't work... .
    I reinstallation doesn't help...

I have no idea what I have done wrong because RC&RR works fine with TATW but not with SS...
    This is what I've done:

3. Installation of the latest beta(july 1) over the main file
    4. clicked the file-task2 button before I started the game the first time

Can anybody help me, please?
    Needs to be:

3. Run FILE_TASKS.bat
    4. Installation of the latest beta(july 1) over the main file
    5. Run FILE_TASKS2.bat
    6. run game

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing a CTD while trying to load a quicksave and autosave

The log file says
    15:11:44.267 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 6445 in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:11:44.619 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

line 6445 is 'siege_settlement teuton4leader, Palanga, maintain'

I tried to load a quick save from the preiovious line, and it CTD, so i tried to load the autosave and it still CTD. I can load my save from 1220 ok.
    Did you start this campaign before or after installing the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    @PB

@Babygod22

Regards
    Thanks, noted. I haven't got around to updating to your latest AI yet, but that's next on the agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Needs to be:

3. Run FILE_TASKS.bat
    4. Installation of the latest beta(july 1) over the main file
    5. Run FILE_TASKS2.bat
    6. run game
    I have done what you said and I get the same problem...
    Here's my system.log if it helps you:

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Did you start this campaign before or after installing the patch?
    After installing the final beta. It's a campaign i had only been playing for 2 days, testing out stone forts.

The game didn't crash when rolling onto the turn, only when i tried to load up a quick save from that turn.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

I have 1 July patch installed, got such issues so far:

- I think 2 CDTs at the beginning of Early Campaign, but not reproducible after load, haven't been any for ~40 next turns;

- already reported "square" smoke from ballista & catapult fire missiles;

- save\load workaround for "you are not allowed to build\recruit\set tax rate 1 turn after conquer a settlement" (building list is highlighted as everything available, so it is natural to consider it a bug and try to load :-)) ;

- corrupted campaign map after Alt+Tab, save\load copes with it;

- 2 times encountered untextured unit. First one on the left flank of an Arab cavalry (?) company owned by Fatimid caliphate, looks like a mailed knight(?) without a texture.

- some weird path finding/order execution(?) by a company being on the city wall - didn't attack enemy on the wall until manually ordered them few times to first gather on the wall and then attack - probably engine limitations?

Otherwise game is amazing now, on vh/medium played the way M2TW should have been - good job :-)

Can somebody please help me? I want to try RC&RR...
    My problem is in post #868...

Can somebody please help me? I want to try RC&RR...
    My problem is in post #868...
    After posting a 12mb log file with 91942 lines the solution won't be handed to you that fast... and as there is a TON of missing references I suggest you try installing again. Make sure the 6.0 install is valid, then patch to 6.1 and check if it starts (like you did for 6.0) and then proceed as described.
    Delete the Stainless Steel folder first, especially if you installed over your previous 6.2 installation and make sure that UAC doesn't interfere (that means that its off).

bane_tw I've done what you said and I got the same CTD...
    But I found this near the end of my log:

open,packs/data_1.pack,data/models_strat/textures/Armored_ambasador_templar.tga,,not found
    22:50:32.244 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/Armored_ambasador_templar.tga is missing
    22:50:32.245 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set

I searched in the forum and found out that this is a regular CTD: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143177
    But I checked this and wondered why it says that "Armored_ambasador_templar.tga" isn't there when its there... it has also the correct entry in the descr_model_strat.txt.
    What is wrong?

Sry for doubleposting.. my pc has its own live...
    Last edited by Bund weicher Birnen; July 21, 2010 at 04:59 PM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

bane_tw I've done what you said and I got the same CTD...
    But I found this near the end of my log:

open,packs/data_1.pack,data/models_strat/textures/Armored_ambasador_templar.tga,,not found
    22:50:32.244 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/Armored_ambasador_templar.tga is missing
    22:50:32.245 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set

I searched in the forum and found out that this is a regular CTD: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143177
    But I checked this and wondered why it says that "Armored_ambasador_templar.tga" isn't there when its there... it has also the correct entry in the descr_model_strat.txt.
    What is wrong?
    Armored_ambasador_templar.tga isn't the problem. The "insufficient video memory" error is referring to a different file, one that wont be mentioned in the log. For whatever reason, your installation hasn't put the correct files in the correct place.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team