Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    I checked. My version of Notepad ++ (6.1 compatible with Win 7 service pack 1) has this option, so I thought that later versions have it too.

I also had problems with 2.2.1. I deleted the launcher's files and put the pack files with the prefix "IS" in EmpireTotalWar/data, campaigns folder for 2.2.1 in EmpireTW /data/campaigns and of course user script in Username/AppData/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Empire/scripts folder.
    This may seems weird, but sometimes I run into problems if I do not have the following files in the main Data folder
    is_load.bat
    is_unload.bat

In the case of the latter, Herr Doctors loading screen does not work if it isn't there
    Also makes sure you have this file
    patch_is_text.pack

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

You don't remember me. The same thing I wrote in April year ago. Look at the post 537 and beyond. I used this method to switch between RoR and 2.2.1. I do not need the launcher. Just hide the files of one version in an additional folder and put in their place the next version (IS packs, campaign folder, user script). Of course, I have to use the installer for 2.2.1 and patch files.

When I first tried to play 2.2.1 (Autumn 2013), I had the same problems as the Cavalier or Protector - user script has been removed in mysterious way. So I used the method to run mod that works for the Imperial Destroyer or Masters of Europe.

Even if Herr Doctor's loading screens are not loaded correctly, I can only say one thing: I do not need them to enjoy the game. I admired them when I played Imperial Destroyer and used them with Geronimo's mod. Good job, but more important to me are better CAI, BAI, new buildings, technology tree etc. I have all the games of the Total War series, I tried most of the mods and after all these years I prefer small mods, something like JaM's mods. New units and texture are excellent, but my old laptop worked better with vanilla's textures.

I forgot about patch_is_text.pack. That was a year ago, when I last time played 2.2.1. I recently downloaded RoR's files to play with yours battle submod. I used the previous version. It was not so easy to win against AI. I like it, but now I am more oriented to play Rome 2, Shogun 2, Call of Juarez or Wargame: Red Dragon.
    Last edited by Mattias Tannhäuser; April 01, 2015 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    You don't remember me. The same thing I wrote in April year ago. Look at the post 537 and beyond. I used this method to switch between RoR and 2.2.1. I do not need the launcher. Just hide the files of one version in an additional folder and put in their place the next version (IS packs, campaign folder, user script). Of course, I have to use the installer for 2.2.1 and patch files.

When I first tried to play 2.2.1 (Autumn 2013), I had the same problems as the Cavalier or Protector - user script has been removed in mysterious way. So I used the method to run mod that works for the Imperial Destroyer or Masters of Europe.

Even if Herr Doctor's loading screens are not loaded correctly, I can only say one thing: I do not need them to enjoy the game. I admired them when I played Imperial Destroyer and used them with Geronimo's mod. Good job, but more important to me are better CAI, BAI, new buildings, technology tree etc. I have all the games of the Total War series, I tried most of the mods and after all these years I prefer small mods, something like JaM's mods. New units and texture are excellent, but my old laptop worked better with vanilla's textures.

I forgot about patch_is_text.pack. That was a year ago, when I last time played 2.2.1. I recently downloaded RoR's files to play with yours battle submod. I used the previous version. It was not so easy to win against AI. I like it, but now I am more oriented to play Rome 2, Shogun 2, Call of Juarez or Wargame: Red Dragon.
    So sorry for not recognizing you. I am glad you enjoyed our mod and excited that you thought my battle mod was challenging.
    I also play other Total War games. I recently downloaded Shogun and enjoyng the different "scenery."

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Weird I'm not getting a CTD when I try to move a "General of the Crown". Is this still the case for you?
    To the portraits, this not exactly how I fixed it and I even reworked a great part of the general portraits and their recruitment so that noone will get the same portrait. What I've made exactly will be part of the next big preview.
    CTD happens after I upgrade all building and hours of play.
    is there any rough idea of IS 3.0 and RoTR newest version release date yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by coalchambers View Post
    CTD happens after I upgrade all building and hours of play.
    is there any rough idea of IS 3.0 and RoTR newest version release date yet ?
    My objective is to have a "bug fix" created independent of the updates on the mod.
    Rise of the Republic will be completed first. There has not be a determination is we will release updates piecemeal or all at once. After Rise of the Republic is completed, we will complete the work on the full version of 3.0, which will be release incrementally. I am sorry that I cannot give you a firm date. There are over a half dozen team members working on different parts of the mod. Plus real life does play a large part. Some modders get a lot of work down in a few weeks, then hardly anything in done in months. I understand your frustration. You can trust me when I say there will be nothing more satisfying than getting the project completed.

Thank you so much for your support.

PikeStance
    Mod Manager

Sir,

I am able to play the game per the 2.2 version. When I try and install the 2.21b Patch and play, something goes amok. The game will load and allow me to choose a country to play, but crash when attempting to actually begin. I tried the Optional Step 4 of moving pack files from the IS folder to the Data folder. It didn't work. I noticed that the script file will not stay put, but disappear and be replaced by the older script file version (even if I erase it) when exiting the game. I'm not sure if that ties in with the larger issue or no. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

the script file you need to edit is in the IS-folder. If you change to script file make sure that you enable after your changes the "read only" function.
    And btw is your startpos at the right place?!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Scamander View Post
    Sir,

I am able to play the game per the 2.2 version. When I try and install the 2.21b Patch and play, something goes amok. The game will load and allow me to choose a country to play, but crash when attempting to actually begin. I tried the Optional Step 4 of moving pack files from the IS folder to the Data folder. It didn't work. I noticed that the script file will not stay put, but disappear and be replaced by the older script file version (even if I erase it) when exiting the game. I'm not sure if that ties in with the larger issue or no. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    It sounds like you are using the IS.exe.

Be sure:
    When you move the .pack file you also need to move the .bat as well. Additionally, you have to use the empire.exe game Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2351141.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	324448

And btw is your startpos at the right place?!
    Good question!
    Last edited by PikeStance; April 22, 2015 at 01:30 AM.

Thank you both for helping me.

Question: do I need to edit the script file? I thought it simply needed to be moved to: 'document and setting\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts' folder

Where should the startpos. be located? Note: I found the startpos.esf. Mine is located in the data/campaigns/imperial splendor folder within Steam. Is this the correct location?

I was using the IS.exe. I followed the recommendation to move the .bat as well as the .pack files from the IS folder to the data folder. I also changed to using the empire.exe to launch the game. I still get a CTD at the same spot (right after choosing a country attempting to begin play). I did note the script file doesn't disappear any longer.
    Last edited by Scamander; April 22, 2015 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamander View Post
    Thank you both for helping me.
    No Problem

Question: do I need to edit the script file? I thought it simply needed to be moved to: 'document and setting\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts' folder
    No, the user.script is good.

Where should the startpos. be located? Note: I found the startpos.esf. Mine is located in the data/campaigns/imperial splendor folder within Steam. Is this the correct location?
    It is located here. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\Imperial_splendour
    It should look like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6).png 
Views:	9 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	324467

I was using the IS.exe. I followed the recommendation to move the .bat as well as the .pack files from the IS folder to the data folder. I also changed to using the empire.exe to launch the game. I still get a CTD at the same spot (right after choosing a country attempting to begin play). I did note the script file doesn't disappear any longer.
    Two possibilities (assuming the files are in the proper location
    1- A corrupted startpos file
    2- If you switching back and forth between mods (especially RotR and 2.2.1b) then you might have the wrong startpos.

From what you showed, my startpos.esf is in the right location.

As to the possibilities: I am not using any other mods. Perhaps the startpos file is corrupted. I mentioned that I can play the game without the patch. It's only when attempting to play with the patch that things go weird. Do you think this would be from a corrupted startpos file?

Note: I moved the entirety of the IS filed (pack, bat etc.) into the data folder in another experiment to see if that would help (so the IS file is now empty). I also saved the script file as Unicode.
    Last edited by Scamander; April 22, 2015 at 07:40 PM.

It sounds like the patch startpos was corrupted. You may want to download another version and overwrite it. \
    \

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    It sounds like the patch startpos was corrupted. You may want to download another version and overwrite it. \
    \
    Thank you for your help. I had been completely confused. I thought I'd done all correctly, but the bugger wouldn't run. I re-downloaded another version and now all is well. Huzzah! It must have been a corrupted file as you suspected.

• Very beautifully except the officers (еuro_officer1 and euro officers 2)! Excluding France and Britain. The rest of the country are old textures for officers and don't look beautiful! Can I make an officer as drummers and flag bearers? Thank you!
    Last edited by yantar007; April 24, 2015 at 03:53 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by yantar007 View Post
    • Very beautifully except the officers (еuro_officer1 and euro officers 2)! Excluding France and Britain. The rest of the country are old textures for officers and don't look beautiful! Can I make an officer as drummers and flag bearers? Thank you!
    1. Yes because Fanrce and GB are the only fractions we worked on and released right now.
    2. Yes go to the unit_stats_land tables in the db-tables and copy the entry from the "officer" row to the "musican" and "flag-bearer" row.

vonkinderei's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Bug Reports & Technical help

When making deals I sometimes get Missing String in the dialogue box ...

Is there a fix ?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by vonkinderei View Post
    When making deals I sometimes get Missing String in the dialogue box ...

Is there a fix ?
    Did you install the patch which you can find here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-v-2-2-1b

Did you install the patch which you can find here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-v-2-2-1b

Yes sir I did ... !

Citizen

Then we finally fixed it in RotR. So for the early campaign there is no fix, sorry.

So to fix the Missing String I need to install RotR ... ?