Page 18 of 83 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Some of these changes are easy enough to do on ones own. Given the complexity of PB's mod, I think he should focus on the big picture and leave small changes to individual tastes.

If things go well will be able to release sometime next week, then its onto adding Magyar mod, MADTAO's Polish units (with permission) amd 1370 campaign.

Icon14 Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    If things go well will be able to release sometime next week, then its onto adding Magyar mod, MADTAO's Polish units (with permission) amd 1370 campaign.
    Can you put Zuma's Stone Forts in? Please? And a little script for AI fortifications? Though they do build forts anyway, just not very strategically

And can there be another western pass from Marseilles to Genoa and vice versa... because there's a problem with the AI putting an army on the Mediterranean coast pass and it makes all French-Italian journeys have to go via Innsbruck...
    Last edited by Sir Walter; September 01, 2009 at 03:43 PM.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Did you take out the Genoese crossbow militia?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

No, why would I?

Ducenarius

I have two sugestions.

The one is about forts:My sugestion is simple-Add two types of builtable forts.The one could be the stone one(very expensive to built and last forever)and the other the wooden one(very cheap and disapears if not garisoned)

The second one is about surrender request,as like in ETW
    Is it easy to add a surrender button?
    The game then would be much better,If the hostile army surrenders it is destroyed.
    Simple in words but i think it is hard to do

Never mind,i just said my opinion

No, why would I?
    I didn't think you would it's just I can't seem to recruit them even though I can recruit Genoese Crossbowmen does an event have to happen? And did you fix the crossbows having trouble firing over walls thing?
    P.S. Any thoughts on adding a 2TPY mod?
    Last edited by Asparagus; September 04, 2009 at 02:36 PM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Icon9 Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1994 View Post
    I have two sugestions.

The one is about forts:My sugestion is simple-Add two types of builtable forts.The one could be the stone one(very expensive to built and last forever)and the other the wooden one(very cheap and disapears if not garisoned)
    Master Zuma did that but the link expired

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    I didn't think you would it's just I can't seem to recruit them even though I can recruit Genoese Crossbowmen does an event have to happen? And did you fix the crossbows having trouble firing over walls thing?
    P.S. Any thoughts on adding a 2TPY mod?
    4tpy would be even better lol

No plans to do 2 or 4 TPY. Honestly its just a lot of extra work, and I have my hands full with next patch + maintaining TATW RR/RC.

Point Blank, what about putting Stone Forts in?

I'm 50/50 on it. My feeling is that it makes things easier for the player vs the AI, so should perhaps be avoided.

Ducenarius

PB,you didn't answer my post
    Sorry for this

I have two sugestions.

The game then would be much better,If the hostile army surrenders it is destroyed.

Never mind,i just said my opinion

How about Permament Stone Forts, not buildable but already pre-placed from the start? Both in historical locations of important castles and at a few strategic positions where it could lead to interesting battles.
    Last edited by Lord_Calidor; September 05, 2009 at 05:19 AM.

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1994 View Post
    AFAIK, impossible to implement as diplomatic options are hardcoded, and so can't be tweaked.

Icon14 Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

I'm 50/50 on it. My feeling is that it makes things easier for the player vs the AI, so should perhaps be avoided.
    Could you script in AI fortifications? In strategic places etc? That'd make it fairer...

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    Could you script in AI fortifications? In strategic places etc? That'd make it fairer...
    Assuming the AI doesnt move their forces out of the forts because it values the position less then a human player in favor of city defense

I would still love to see the AI attack other factions if asked (given the right amount of money/land) or at lease counter offer proposals more when it comes to attacking other factions.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by soulson View Post
    I would still love to see the AI attack other factions if asked (given the right amount of money/land) or at lease counter offer proposals more when it comes to attacking other factions.
    Yes, as well as AI factions attempting to get the player to attack their enemies. The AI attempts to do as much anyway; ever had an ally attempt to conveniently attack an enemy stack with a handful of units, simply because you have an army within reinforcement distance?

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Assuming the AI doesnt move their forces out of the forts because it values the position less then a human player in favor of city defense
    Its possible to create a A.I controled reinforcment with militias that appear in the center of the cities/forts or in the walls that appear only when the settement is attacked ?