Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Awesome indeed! Damn I wanted to bring the news here! XD
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Why no love for us Saka Rauka nomads

No falconry troops? No crazy unique units for this rare nomadic, Hellenic settlers who moved into india and created a sub kingdom??

+ the best damn soundtrack to the game. Nobody really finds the saka as interesting as me?? I still remember the scale armor hoplites.... Imagine scale armor legionaires.. or galatians..... Nomadic armor + civilzation could have changed the entire WOLRD! if a empire like saka had truly dominated the western and eastern side of the map. Gun powder may have been heard about in europe thousands of years earlier! but they get the least amount of love.

Great work on the Bosphorian bodyguards! The placeholder skythians didn't imposed much respect though the reasons for their choice are pretty obvious by now

Why no love for us Saka Rauka nomads
    While I agree that the steppes lack some love, with 2.3 theres plenty of it incoming, including Saka Catraphacts (just wishing they get new horses in time), Sauromatae retainers, some regionals and fancy Indo-greek units (hoplites, cavalry and elite guards)!!!!
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; May 13, 2017 at 07:29 AM.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    Great work on the Bosphorian bodyguards! The placeholder skythians didn't imposed much respect though the reasons for their choice are pretty obvious by now

While I agree that the steppes lack some love, with 2.3 theres plenty of it incoming, including Saka Catraphacts (just wishing they get new horses in time), Sauromatae retainers, some regionals and fancy Indo-greek units (hoplites, cavalry and elite guards)!!!!
    No elite Indo-Greek hoplites I'm afraid, they're no longer planned AFAIK.

The Bosporan bodyguard still isn't the heaviest of the lot, but it's rather mobile, so I think you could use them for some daring harassment manoeuvres on the battlefield.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

No elite Indo-Greek hoplites I'm afraid, they're no longer planned AFAIK.
    I was talking about the Baktrian guardsman, not really indogreeks but weren't they a very similar concept (they look like hellenized natives) and available to Saka as well?

The Bosporan bodyguard still isn't the heaviest of the lot, but it's rather mobile, so I think you could use them for some daring harassment manoeuvres on the battlefield.

It seems like they will be quite handy and a real pain to deal with indeed ^^ nasty swords btw! Are they a mix between a hellenistic kopis and longer skythian swords?
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; May 13, 2017 at 07:29 AM.

The full Indohellenic roster is in 2.3 - peltastai, hoplitai, hippeis.

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

Taking a look at the unit previews I noticed a stark difference of the captures after the new year. More resolution, higher detail, and closer shots. How do you guys get those shots? Sorry, haven't really paid attention until now because I want to do some of my own.
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
    Taking a look at the unit previews I noticed a stark difference of the captures after the new year. More resolution, higher detail, and closer shots. How do you guys get those shots? Sorry, haven't really paid attention until now because I want to do some of my own.
    You'll have to ask xHolyCrusader, who's been doing all our captures of late with his godlike rig.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You'll have to ask xHolyCrusader, who's been doing all our captures of late with his godlike rig.
    That's fitting, because I always imagined xHolyCrusader to be something of a god among mere mortals, gracing us with his presence while sitting atop a cloud, sputtering away at his keyboard, throwing the occasional lightning bolt at his foolish detractors living down below on Earth.

Great work on the Bosporan Bodyguard unit, by the way!

I just prefer posting when I have something to show, since I dont get things done, that doesnt happen too often :p However there were gods among the EBII team (namingly alin, gustave) who might still be contributing to the mod if you had praised and appreciated their hard work a little more^^

Anyways, by no means I have a godlike rig.. it's rather average (at the lower end probably), I dont actually "take" those screenshots ingame, I set up cameras and then render those at high settings, since it only uses your CPU you can - no matter how bad your rig - just let it render through every single frame and you'll still get high quality results and a steady 30fps framerate. The tool is called cinematic editor there are a bunch of nice tutorials on youtube and twc

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    I just prefer posting when I have something to show, since I dont get things done, that doesnt happen too often :p However there were gods among the EBII team (namingly alin, gustave) who might still be contributing to the mod if you had praised and appreciated their hard work a little more^^
    They don't anymore? That's sad, they really did a great job, we have a huge lot to thank them! The thing about Europa Barbarorum 2 (and EB1 as well) is that is so full of awesomeness and amazing details that it's difficult to praise everything properly without starting a new religion (like building shrines, making sacrifices and praying 7 times a day to EB team). You set the standard so high that we are spoiled and always hungry for more. I can understand EB developers might feel underappreciated, which is sad because the quality of your work is incredible. I've been playing it since it first came out, and before that EB1 since 0.8x or something like that and I doubt I will tire of it anytime soon! I don't play anything else besides EB2 anymore and all the time I can spend on it feels too little too really appreciate it!

So a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that contributes or contributed it the making of this marvelous piece of Art that is EB2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campidoctor

I guess my greatest thank you's have been silent, in the form of playing every battle at 0.1 or 0.2 speed, taking literally thousands (or tens of thousands at this point) screenshots, being wholly immersed and enjoying so fully every moment and every detail of the game and the beautiful units and oh my. I'm sorry to hear those names have left, I remember them as being credited for many a beautiful unit preview.

Alin and gustave left?!

Really appreciate all of the work done in EB 2 (and eb1) and im sure everyone else does too. Comon this mod is basically the benchmark on historical accuracy and immersive gameplay in pc gaming basically, and this isnt overrating it! And like it happened to me its literally the only EULA the users actually follow to the heart, reading more history!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

They're still around, but more like semi-retired. Understandably, given the sheer amount the two of them have contributed to the mod, they're relaxing and taking a less active role.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The full Indohellenic roster is in 2.3 - peltastai, hoplitai, hippeis.

This is gonna be amazing.... Really though, if Romans had few rare examples of scale armor for their legionaires. Imagine what saka nomads who conquered Galatians and Hellenes could accomplish if they actually gave them scale armor in enough quantity to field a unit...maybe a fantasy unit mod?

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

I just love the new bosporan bodyguard unit! What more can we expect for them in their ROR around the black sea? I guess the factional units they have access to are done with this unit

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

I need that new release for them sweet new Indian/Baktrian units
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

No update for a while, has work stopped ?

Quote Originally Posted by Neuchatel View Post
    No update for a while, has work stopped ?
    No it hasn't stopped. Just because you can't see one narrow subset of the outputs we choose to share, doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post

This is gonna be amazing.... Really though, if Romans had few rare examples of scale armor for their legionaires. Imagine what saka nomads who conquered Galatians and Hellenes could accomplish if they actually gave them scale armor in enough quantity to field a unit...maybe a fantasy unit mod?

I think in one of the Invasio Barbarorum mods there's a scale-armored comitatenses. Maybe.

If you look around at Novus Ordo Mundi I think they made a scale-armored legionary for the Augustan era.

This is from my personal modded EB 1 that has been long lost to time. I tossed in Novus Ordo Mundi and IB units.