Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

Hi all, can anyone tell me some goods mods for the Middle East? Not broken cresent as that crashes. Anyone can tell where I can find mods which are working and do some good stuff for the Middle East/Ottomans?

So M2TW and Kingdoms are up for sale.Im planning to get Kingdoms only since I want to save the money for some other stuff I want. I want to try out the base game s little and then go fully modded and want to try out Stainless Steel, EB-II, IB and possibly Broken Cresent. And generally as many of the Kingdoms mods as I can. Will I need medieval II base game for them? Can I safely buy Kingdoms and still play those mods I said? I s there any great mod that needs both of them?

Thanks!
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Byzantine View Post
    So M2TW and Kingdoms are up for sale.Im planning to get Kingdoms only since I want to save the money for some other stuff I want. I want to try out the base game s little and then go fully modded and want to try out Stainless Steel, EB-II, IB and possibly Broken Cresent. And generally as many of the Kingdoms mods as I can. Will I need medieval II base game for them? Can I safely buy Kingdoms and still play those mods I said? I s there any great mod that needs both of them?

Thanks!
    to have kingdoms working you need the base MTW2
    all the mods you mentioned will work whit kingdoms
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Byzantine View Post

Thanks!
    As atthias said you need the base game to be able to play the expansion, but the base game plus expansion (in one bundle) are only €5,75 so that's affordable, certainly considering the kingdoms expansion on its own is somehow still €3,-. So make sure you get the M2TW collection and don't buy the two seperate.

Thanks guys! Bought the bundle as you said! Shogun 2 and Rome 2 are fine; but Medieval is the time period me wants. Let it begin!
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

what mod would you suggest as best? i remember, back in the day, i used to play a lot of pro deo et rege, and deus lo vult.. also bellum crucis and broken crescent.. any "newer" mod out there that i need to try?

Stainless Steel is a good choice, the main version has been out for several years but it has submods that are still being updated on a fairly regular basis.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Stainless Steel is a good choice, the main version has been out for several years but it has submods that are still being updated on a fairly regular basis.
    Thanks for the recommendation In fact I also tried SS back i the day but never really got into it much.. You say there are good submods for it?any recommendations there? Will go through the subforum and check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    what mod would you suggest as best? i remember, back in the day, i used to play a lot of pro deo et rege, and deus lo vult.. also bellum crucis and broken crescent.. any "newer" mod out there that i need to try?
    You can try "Europa Barbarorum 2"; Its 2.1b version released on 21th of december and soon 2.1c will be released

Not sure how stable it is or if you care about Romans, but there is Imperium Romanum, a Roman Civil War mod based on De Bello Mundi that might be interesting. It's not supposed to play like a conventional scenario. I'm not a player of it, but I found it while looking for mod ideas: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...(Based-on-DBM)
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

thanks guys i played europa barbarorum back on rome tw, it was actually my favorite mod. however i am looking for some mods not set in the roman timeframe for this game.. might give those a try though

Does anyone know of a Mod for M2tw Vanilla downloaded through steam, "that still works", that gives swordsmen militia?

Do you know of any SS mod that works for steam?
    Sorry I'm horrible at modding, and would like to have a tutorial also by the mod creator, am I 4 years to late for m2tw mods, should I buy the CD, and then try? Any info would be appreciated. Ty. Also looking for a mid that just adds swordsmen militia to vanilla.

How do i edit the age of agents when they are recruited? I want them to be between 16-20 at spawn.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gyugas View Post
    How do i edit the age of agents when they are recruited? I want them to be between 16-20 at spawn.
    ask in the mod workshop
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I've played great mods for different time frames like EB2, IB2, SS & BC; and fantasy worlds like TA and COW; but i couldn't find mods like these for M2TW:
    1- 17th and 18th century mods (like EmpireTW or Napoleon)
    2- around 550 BC (like Rise of Persia for RTW)
    3- western asian medieval period (like Genghiz khan TW for RTW)

Do you know any mods like these that i havn't noticed?
    Thnx
    Last edited by TheEmperor; February 19, 2016 at 12:41 AM.

Hi im looking for a mod in which i can play the japanese empire in the sengoku or edo period and also be able to fight against the europeans (Knights vs Samurais) or at least korea and china. I have found the following mods:

Falcom Total War 3
    ImJim
    Eras total war
    Asia Empires

Which one of those mods do you guys recommend ? what mod have the better visuals in battles and units ?

Hey guys,

I never played Medieval 2 longterm, because somehow I didn't like it much (my favourite is still Empire). But recently I reinstalled, looked for mods and found Stainless Steel, which I like so far. Still I feel I need to ask for your opinion on mods. Btw I'm not an expert player, using medium/medium right now.

What I want:
    -Realism, but I don't want to spend hours on just one turn. I think the more complex the more feedback is needed, before and after taking action. Vanilla TW does by using those advisers in the upper left, but in Stainless Steel there is none of that. Haven't used Byg's realism thing yet because of that, even though the changed recruitment mechanics sound very interesting.
    -A gameplay where it's very hard to build a big empire (like 20+ regions), but quite "easy" to survive on one to some regions and stay in the game without making perfect decisions all the time (good should do :-)). I like to get pushed back if I overstretch my expansion, but not get completly destroyed. That should apply to AI too, I don't like it when factions get destroyed early and easy.

Give me some opinion

Default Re: Looking for a mod

What mod is focused on Western Europe, especially France, Italy, Germany, England, and Iberia?

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Looking for a mod

Look in the released mods forum and you will find yourself what you want.