Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

Ordinarius

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Bug Reports

For all of the knightly orders, you have to wait for their historical date of foundation to be able to train any of their units. For the Templars, that's sometime in the 1120s, IIRC.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by KaerMorhen View Post
    I play as France and right after I conquered Bordeux, Templars 'emerged' and ask for settlement there, that's great I thought once. Unfortunatlly I can't recruit them even their 'chapter' is upgraded constantly - why???
    PDER 0.3A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechstra View Post
    For all of the knightly orders, you have to wait for their historical date of foundation to be able to train any of their units. For the Templars, that's sometime in the 1120s, IIRC.
    Mechstra's correct, you should be able to recruit them between 1115 and 1140.

Also, you won't be able to recruit them after the Templars Disbanded event, which takes place between 1300 and 1320.

Let me know if you're still having problems! Cheers! Thanks for trying out my mod!

Just putting the finishing touches on v0.4 Beta. Hopefully it'll be coming soon!

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mechstra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Mechstra's correct, you should be able to recruit them between 1115 and 1140.

Also, you won't be able to recruit them after the Templars Disbanded event, which takes place between 1300 and 1320.
    Thx guys I just hoped it's related to historical events not to any in-game bugs. I must admit PDER is one of the best mods I played so far - I await for further releases!

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

I see the rebel generals in the northern Africa dont have texture. Again in Africa, Tabatulus(sp?) I have the option to build a port even though I got one already. The port was listed as Southern_European, I was Genova.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default What happened?

All of a sudden the thread for beta4 is gone. Wanted to follow up on the problem with free upkeep in my cities. Here are some more thoughts:

More stuff to talk about
    1. I came across the Milanese barracks, the fault seems to be in the export_buildings.txt file. Found two back up files as well: xcopy... The way I do it is to simply zip the file I intend to use. Keeps the original intact and the back up has the same name, only a different extension.
    2. Now to something more disturbing: By nature I am a lazy guy and that is why I leave the taxation business to the AI. He gives me max income without causing riots (unless it is really hopeless). When I conquered the town next to Tunis (I think Bona or something like that) I sacked it and then build a small church. Before I knew it (or the church was build) I had a riot on my hands and got kicked out, all 13 units of mine. Conquered again and put up my chaps. When I checked the next round the taxation was set on very high which resulted in 60% happiness and a riot again.
    After that I went back to manual taxation, reduced my garrison to 3 units, set the taxation to normal and had 90% happiness! This is the first time this has happened to me since playing the game, no mod so far had this problem. Could it be the changes in the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml file?
    All this combined with problem of free upkeep (previous post) has gotten me a bit worked up and in some doodoo. Sicily has attacked me and I have just found out that the Pope lost Rome and I am on my own to defend Sicily. I will most likely abandon my provinces in Africa (2) and Iberia (3), after laying the cities to waste, and exterminate the buggers. My theory is that I should have free upkeep in the rest of Italy where I should be able to build up a powerhouse to challenge HRR or Venice (both allies at the moment) should it become necessary.
    3. Came across the "freeze after killing a character" as reported in a previous post and will use the before mentioned batch file to copy my sound files, maybe some problem with ones that you provided in the download? Will keep you informed about the results. Easiest way will be to use the E-team exploit (9 units, surround and squash). Just tried it and no freeze! Still got a different type of freeze now (even before trying this remedy): once during diplomacy and once during unit transfer between generals. Could be my video set up.

Blog Entries

Default Things I do for the love of the game

Well, the thread was gone and is reborn now, just have to post everything again.

1. Don't include the map.rwm file: not necessary and inflates the download size.
    2. Don't include the sound folder: not necessary and inflates the download size. Instead use the following two lines in a batchfile:
    xcopy data\sounds\events.dat PDER_v.0.4_Beta\data\sounds\events.dat /k /r /e /y /I
    xcopy data\sounds\events.idx PDER_v.0.4_Beta\data\sounds\events.idx /k /r /e /y /I
    This will also avoid problems with different language versions. After I did this, I didn't get the 'freeze after killing character' bug anymore.
    3. Fiddled a little with the region file in the ...\PDER_v.0.4_Beta\data\world\maps\base folder: shifted the harbors for Nikaie and London to avoid permanent blocking of the Bosporus and English Channel respectively. Allocated some area of the Firenze region to Pisa, it was blocking direct connection between Pisa and Genoa. Simply unzip in the above folder, delete map.rwm and you are ready. Please note that the changes will only take effect when you start a new game.
    4. Something is wrong with free upkeep: The following units do not have the free_upkeep_units attribute but are the only units I can produce in Iberia and North Africa respectively: Andalusian Levy Javelinmen, Lamtuna and Berber Spearmen. My Genoese units are obviously not free upkeep in those regions either, so what is the sense in building the barracks line except for 'peace' bonus? In the bottom line it is cheaper to ship my fully upgraded 'Homeland Troops' there and build brothels and assembly halls instead.
    5. What happened to the EDB file? While looking for the problem in point 4 I noticed the ridiculous size (6MB) of the file. When I opened it I noticed that there are 5-6 empty lines between each line of data. Very difficult to work with that size of text file.

For an updated version of the map files see here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...02#post2027102
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 03, 2007 at 02:38 AM.

qnzkid711's Avatar Senator

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

The Holy Roman Empire's "Men-at-Arms" and "Dismounted mailed knights" use the pic of a peasant in their screen.

Norse swordsmen 2nd upgrade has no skin for denmark.

Ninefingers's Avatar Civis

Putting this down quickly before I forget it again.

Seems to have to do with BBB rather than PDER since it's also in Stainless Steel, but the first trigger for the Superstitious trait seems to have a slight flaw. The line "Condition RandomPercent < 96" should be "> 96" since otherwise all of your governors will end up superstitious little buggers no matter how devout they are or how catholic their provinces are.

"The enemy flees! Probably back to his palaces and prostitutes!" -Eastern faction battle announcer, Rome: Total War

Byzantine campaign, in the first 4 years of the campaign I was given the mission of blockading the Tripoli port. However Tripoli doesnt seem to have a port, the nearest one is the Damascus port.

Correction: It seems Tripoli in Lebanon has the title of Damascus.
    Last edited by qnzkid711; August 01, 2007 at 03:27 AM.

Minor problem....cannot blockade Skovde port. Existed in 0.3 as well - was going to report it but then .4 came out and I waited until I could get close enough with ships to check it out again. Playing as Russia in about 1106.

Great Mod - even better in version 0.4. Thanks for your efforts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
    Putting this down quickly before I forget it again.

Seems to have to do with BBB rather than PDER since it's also in Stainless Steel, but the first trigger for the Superstitious trait seems to have a slight flaw. The line "Condition RandomPercent < 96" should be "> 96" since otherwise all of your governors will end up superstitious little buggers no matter how devout they are or how catholic their provinces are.
    Reckon you are talking about this one:

Trigger disaster
    WhenToTest CharacterDamagedByDisaster

Condition RandomPercent < 96

Affects Superstitious 1 Chance 5

I think this should remain as in the middle ages nearly all people were superstitious.

Blog Entries

Default Additional traits

I had a look and couldn't find the trait for the orthodox bishops, so here it is:

Trigger priestinit13 ;bishop trigger for orthodox faction
    WhenToTest AgentCreated

Condition AgentType = priest
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= cathedral_o
    and Trait PriestLevel = 0

Affects PriestLevel 1 Chance 100

And here is one for the Muslims:

Trigger priestinit14 ;great imam trigger for muslim factions
    WhenToTest AgentCreated

and SettlementBuildingExists >= jama

For the last one there also need to be some changes in another file to show the changes in the description when you point at the character. Will check and come back on that.

Last not least some doodoo: this is the recruiting at Ajaccio when playing Genoa, never seen a minus availability before.

Last edited by Gigantus; August 18, 2007 at 12:07 PM.

Default Re: Things I do for the love of the game

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    4. Something is wrong with free upkeep: The following units do not have the free_upkeep_units attribute but are the only units I can produce in Iberia and North Africa respectively: Andalusian Levy Javelinmen, Lamtuna and Berber Spearmen. My Genoese units are obviously not free upkeep in those regions either, so what is the sense in building the barracks line except for 'peace' bonus? In the bottom line it is cheaper to ship my fully upgraded 'Homeland Troops' there and build brothels and assembly halls instead.
    5. What happened to the EDB file? While looking for the problem in point 4 I noticed the ridiculous size (6MB) of the file. When I opened it I noticed that there are 5-6 empty lines between each line of data. Very difficult to work with that size of text file.
    4. Even though, genoa has the really good Italian Spear Militia, I still produce Lamtuna, they are simply the best spear unit I can find, great stamina, and great morale. Their only downfall is lack of armor even after the upgrade. When I was playing Genoa, my armies with consist of mainly, ISM, Lamtuna, crossbow/archers, and a few cavalry. With Genoa's money, I was able to support about 2 or 3, maybe 4 full stacks of guys whacking HRE, Venice, and Sicily. Sure my dudes take heavy losses, but I dont lose.

5. The file is tab delimited from editor, dont know which it was, but I ran it through a script to kill off the ending tabs. I put it in a zip file, it is around 2Mbytes.

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    I see the rebel generals in the northern Africa dont have texture. Again in Africa, Tabatulus(sp?) I have the option to build a port even though I got one already. The port was listed as Southern_European, I was Genova.
    I've fixed the missing textures for the rebel generals by giving them owership of the bodyguard units in the modelsdb. Hopefully, you won't see this problem anymore in the next version.

Thanks for pointing out the port issue. Basically in the descr_strat, there is a city port in a castle. So because you don't have castle port in there, you have the option to build one. :hmmm: I wonder if the port that's already there gives you any bonuses...

All of a sudden the thread for beta4 is gone. Wanted to follow up on the problem with free upkeep in my cities. Here are some more thoughts:
    1] Yeah, I came across that myself when I played Genoa after the release! Fixed it already. I think the Faction Leader Death announcement for Genoa still has reference to Milan. I'll fix that tonight too.

2] Hmm. I did increase the unrest caused by high taxation, wasn't aware that it was affecting the way AI manages the city. I'll see what I can do

3] Let me know if that works. There is a compatability problem with the sound file for non-English versions. Didn't actually realize I included the sound files in this version. Sorry about that. Don't think I did for previous versions.

Well, the thread was gone and is reborn now, just have to post everything again.
    1] Thanks for tip!

2] Thanks for tip!

3] Thanks for editing the map! Saves me trouble. And I honestly haven't touched it since April or so, so thanks for bringing up and addressing these little problems with it!

4] Now that I have worked out most of the major mechanics of the game, I'm finally going to get down to unit balancing and address the free upkeep thing as well. I'll be sure to take your concerns/suggestions into account!

5] Side effect of importing the EDB to excel to edit it and then exporting it back to .txt. Ends up with the wasted space.

Quote Originally Posted by qnzkid711 View Post
    The Holy Roman Empire's "Men-at-Arms" and "Dismounted mailed knights" use the pic of a peasant in their screen.
    Yeah, I need to do Unit Info Cards for the new units! Could use any help...hint hint...

Norse swordsmen 2nd upgrade has no skin for denmark.
    Thanks. Just fixed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
    Minor problem....cannot blockade Skovde port. Existed in 0.3 as well - was going to report it but then .4 came out and I waited until I could get close enough with ships to check it out again. Playing as Russia in about 1106.

Great Mod - even better in version 0.4. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks. I'll fix this.

@gigantus and ninefingers

Thanks guys. Hmm. Suppose maybe it could be toned down slightly...

I had a look and couldn't find the trait for the orthodox bishops, so here it is:

Trigger priestinit13 ;bishop trigger for orthodox faction
    WhenToTest AgentCreated

and SettlementBuildingExists >= cathedral_o

And here is one for the Muslims:

Trigger priestinit14 ;great imam trigger for muslim factions
    WhenToTest AgentCreated

and SettlementBuildingExists >= jama

For the last one there also need to be some changes in another file to show the changes in the description when you point at the character. Will check and come back on that.

Last not least some doodoo: this is the recruiting at Ajaccio when playing Genoa, never seen a minus availability before.
    Ah! Thanks for that!

And that pic is truly bizarre! I'll have to take a look at the EDB on that one...

4. Even though, genoa has the really good Italian Spear Militia, I still produce Lamtuna, they are simply the best spear unit I can find, great stamina, and great morale. Their only downfall is lack of armor even after the upgrade. When I was playing Genoa, my armies with consist of mainly, ISM, Lamtuna, crossbow/archers, and a few cavalry. With Genoa's money, I was able to support about 2 or 3, maybe 4 full stacks of guys whacking HRE, Venice, and Sicily. Sure my dudes take heavy losses, but I dont lose.

5. The file is tab delimited from editor, dont know which it was, but I ran it through a script to kill off the ending tabs. I put it in a zip file, it is around 2Mbytes.
    As I mentioned above, I'll be addressing unit balancing and free upkeep in-depth for the next release as I realize it needs work. Someone mentioned it before too about the Lamtunas being an unstoppable force.

And thanks for cleaning up that file - bring it down to size!

As an aside, as I've finally gotten the chance to play a campaign I decided to try out Real Combat. Point Blank seems to share similar ideas on recruitment and unit balancing and the thought he put into it is impressive.

Only played a few battles as Hungary but my initial impression is good. Units seem to perform as they would/should. Battles seemed longer too.

Would anyone be interested in me uploading a PDER version of it? I may slightly modify unit costs and upkeep. But Point Blank even addressed something I was going towards too - free upkeep for Nobles/Knights in castles but with increased upkeep costs if campaigning. Now that I have the feudal estate building line, it makes some sense.

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback; it really helps to have more sets of eyes out there! And special thanks to gigantus and izanagi11 for taking the time to edit and upload those files! Sincerely appreciate it!

Cheers everyone!

Ninefingers's Avatar Civis

Reckon you are talking about this one:

Trigger disaster

Condition RandomPercent < 96

I think this should remain as in the middle ages nearly all people were superstitious.
    That's the one I'm talking about, yeah. And I agree that superstition wasn't rare by a long shot, but the trigger is supposed to be for characters damaged by disasters - which, in my experience, it's not limiting itself to. Every governor ends up superstitious eventually, and all I've altered to fix that is this trait, so I think the trigger may have some issues with it.

"The enemy flees! Probably back to his palaces and prostitutes!" -Eastern faction battle announcer, Rome: Total War

Yeah, I need to do Unit Info Cards for the new units! Could use any help...hint hint...
    What kind of aid? I dont know much about artistry... but if you need info I can try and collect info.

Quote Originally Posted by qnzkid711 View Post
    What kind of aid? I dont know much about artistry... but if you need info I can try and collect info.
    Cool screenshots of the units missing them would be helpful!

Cheers!

Blog Entries

xcopy data\sounds\events.dat PDER_v.0.4_Beta\data\sounds\events.dat /k /r /e /y /I
    xcopy data\sounds\events.idx PDER_v.0.4_Beta\data\sounds\events.idx /k /r /e /y /I

Tried it again just now and it works like a charm. That should put an end to incompatible sound files (language). And big downloads.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
    That's the one I'm talking about, yeah. And I agree that superstition wasn't rare by a long shot, but the trigger is supposed to be for characters damaged by disasters - which, in my experience, it's not limiting itself to. Every governor ends up superstitious eventually, and all I've altered to fix that is this trait, so I think the trigger may have some issues with it.
    Indeed. I have found that whenever and wherever a disaster occurs, every character has a chance of becoming superstitious. Can anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: Here is my suggested revision of the trigger (which will find its way into the next version of BBB):

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger disaster

Condition RandomPercent < 51
    and Attribute Piety < 4

Now, only those with wavering faith have, at most, a 2.5% chance of becoming superstitious.

However, a recent overview of the Superstitious trait descriptions has compelled me to rethink how characters should gain them, and if a new trait would better reflect the 'superstitions' of the Medieval age.
    Last edited by Pnutmaster; August 01, 2007 at 01:21 PM.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N