Thread: Just Wondering

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Just Wondering

I've been following the ol' Hegemonia for a little while now (since I joined the TWC forums) and I will admit I'm getting a little impatient for it but I must ask...

What was this BIG NEWS that was supposed to make it's debut. A team member brought it up like two weeks ago...did I miss the post? Am I not seeing a new thread about it?

It's usually not a good idea to tell extremely impatient people you have big news and then not tell them for 2+ weeks yet.

Don't take any of this the wrong way team members...just some constructive criticism if you will.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Default Re: Just Wondering

They have some new things(features or whatever),which they will present us
    but probably they are not finished with that and are not ready to present
    and the member who posted that thought that they will be finished soon
    this is what i think why it takes so long time to present

Busy!!!

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

alright thanks. I didn't know if I was not seeing a new thread or sticky or what.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

It's my fault i was busy in Rl and other projects and didn't have time for finish my work - when i do SoR and Ozz will start making the preview.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

See this is why you cant win, if you dont answer people and dont say anything at all you get tones of posts along the lines of "Hello is anyone working on this mod?" If you do say something and it takes longer than expected to sort something out you get this kind of post

Rest assured it is good news
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

anything that talks about the further improvement of this mod is good news. heck, anything about this mod is good news.

thank you for all the hard work you guys have put into this mod and hope it comes out soon. look forward to the good news. keep it up Heg team and don't rush perfection(or as close as you can get to it).
    Last edited by monkeyman; July 03, 2007 at 12:43 AM.
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

Yeah indeed. This brings up the question: why did SoR say that there was something 'that was going to be released'? I think that is to warm up the public. I could be wrong , but why do you say something is coming while not giving details?

Q.

One thing for the team to consider: when people keep posting 'what's the news?' or 'what are you doing?' it's because they really do want to play this mod. You guys have chosen a wonderful time period, have selected a fantastic group of factions, and have built a truly beautiful map -- so our impatience is simply this: based on all we have seen, we really want to play! So don't get annoyed by threads like these, it's just a sign of how much people want to experience your work!

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

i agree with cherry funk. i've been waiting for this mod since i found out about it in the spring of last year. and i must say, those spartans look like they will be damn fun to play.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

I'm still here. Working on a Peloponnesian War Mod for Mount & Blade while waiting actually.

Aemilianus's Avatar Imperial Legate

I can kind of see both sides of this, myself, although I'd side more with the modders' point of view. Personally, I've been "following" the thing since about June or so of last year, back when the "release date" was supposed to be November. I'm very interested in it, and I will certainly download it when it comes out, but here's the thing, modders, please inform me if I'm wrong in your case(s).

Personally, I'm preparing to go to grad school, driving from Maryland to Delaware to New York all the time. Most of the people who post here (I would hope) either go to school, have jobs, or have some sort of occupation that pays the bills/qualifies us to pay the bills later. Usually, this takes up a good part of our days. The modders are no exception. I'm sure you all have real life issues to deal with, and to be honest, I can see how modding something with no monetary gain is not going to be at the top of the list (it wouldn't for me, either). I, personally, can understand the entire thing- you do what you can when you have the time to do it. For the record, from my perspective I'm interested, but it will come out when it comes out.

The catch-22, as SOR has mentioned, is that a lack of updates seems to signify a lack of progress. I'd answer that with a common-sense approach- it's quite evident that this mod has reached critical mass and it's not going to die. You've modded what, 15 or 16 full factions into this thing, you're scripting now, I think you're well along. That said, I would urge people who are waiting for it to calm down and have a good time. Talk about it, mention
    ideas, ask (relevant) questions, whatever, but stop bothering the people, geez (Note, I created a support thread for this thing a while ago that seemed to have been buried under 500 others doing the same thing, I see).

I know you all love free, good things- hell, I just graduated from Maryland, so I know how it is. If it's free, however, it comes with no obligation to the consumer.

Anyway, to the modders, thank you for putting all your time and effort into this, and I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. Good luck.
    Under the honorable patronage of Kscott
    University of Maryland Class of 2007
    "Who would have known of Hector, if Troy had been happy? The road to valor is built by adversity." -Ovid

ALL THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.

YOU CANT RUSH A GOOD THING.

PERFECTION TAKES TIME.

and other pearls of wisdom such as these spring to mind.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

I am following this mod over a year now, and I need to say, i never let myself go, but I am feeling more and more for doing so :p

Q.

well hopefully one of the modders will reply soon and put us all out of our misery.

Total War Veteran

ozz's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Champion View Post
    ALL THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.

YOU CANT RUSH A GOOD THING.

PERFECTION TAKES TIME.

and other pearls of wisdom such as these spring to mind.

very nicely said...

relax guys, if you truly want to help, tell us in what area off modding you're good at, there might be a place for you on the team...

Thread for vacant team positions is here :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49930
    Last edited by ozz; July 10, 2007 at 09:45 AM.

''ΑΝΔΡΩΝ ΕΠΙΦΑΝΩΝ ΠΑΣΑ ΓΗ ΤΑΦΟΣ'' - ΘΟΥΚΥΔΙΔΗΣ
    Hegemonia Website here, Hegemonia Forum here

using my own post against me......Damn it...(holds head in hands)

(and skulks off into the distance)

Total War Veteran

I'm good at playing the game. Can I help?

Yeah I can play too!! do you need play testers?

Total War Veteran

ozz's Avatar Tiro

A new thread will be opened as soon as we're ready to start recruiting beta-testers, hopefully soon.

How soon ? Please don't ask, we don't know yet and many members are away on holidays atm...

''ΑΝΔΡΩΝ ΕΠΙΦΑΝΩΝ ΠΑΣΑ ΓΗ ΤΑΦΟΣ'' - ΘΟΥΚΥΔΙΔΗΣ
    Hegemonia Website here, Hegemonia Forum here

the swines, fancy taking holidays in the summer, the idea ....................lol

Total War Veteran