Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have made a kick ass mod

Default You have made a kick ass mod

I LOVE YOUR MOD! i just love being Albion and kicking Satanic, islamic, and heathen ass. It is so fun really awesome game play, unites, factions, music, and the list goes on and on. I just started yesterday and my god this is the best mod i have ever played! thank you so much for taking the time to make this mod!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: You have made a kick ass mod

Cheques in the post...

Thanks, glad you love the mod....

To continue the theme of the thread starter. I have been meaning to give this mod a try since it's release but never really got around to it. I'm a self-admitted "realism" dork and huge fan of Ancient History specifically the classical era. So naturally i'm a huge fan of mods like RTR Platinum and especially Europa Barbarorum. That said i wanted to see how the other side lived sort of speak and try a "fantasy" type mod and from the previews i've read and screenshots i've seen; EOD appeared to be something worth looking into. Well with the preview of EOD2 on the main page ( which looks amazing by the way ) I told myself i'd better stop procastinating and try the original EOD before EOD2 comes out.

I've installed EOD and messed around here and there with a few custom battles and several campaign turns with different factions just to get a feel for the mod and here's what i have to say.....
    This is a really cool ass mod!!...From mod concept to music and ambiance, to units. Extremely well done. For what it's worth i'd like to offer my congratulations and thanks as a new fan to the mod creators Halie Satanus and Makanyane on creating a very original and outstanding modification for RTW:BI. I'm looking forward to playing a campaign on EOD and will do so when i wrap up my current EB campaign. For fans of "fantasy" type mods this is really a must try and even if your a "realism" type dork like myself i would still highly recommend it. As far as the fantasy label goes i would probably for a lack of a better description describe it as being more George R.R. Martin type fantasy as oppose to Tolkien from what i've seen so far. I highly recommend anyone who reads this post to give it a try if at the very least to take a break from realism and just have fun with a really cool well done mod.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the glowing recommendation, just out of interest which faction will you start with??, most seem to have gone with Albion or Francia, It'd be nice to get some feedback on the others...When we were testing one of the best campaigns, in terms of fun, was Islam, started out with a massive struggle for power against the Satanae while having to race Hispania for domination of n'Africa...

Anyway, glad you like the mod..

Funny for my first go around i was thinking of using Islam or Hispania .
    I'm having second thoughts about Islam because it would seem i would come into conflict with the Satanae sooner than i would like. I'd like them to be if at all possible a powerhouse before we throw down . Maybe the Shambhala?? That would seem to me to be a tough campaign. I kind of like that eastern starting position and then i can swoop down on both the Satanae and Islam with my crazy, meditating, Buddhist Monks.

Blog Entries

I'd be really interested in hearing how a shambhala game goes, i played them while testing and did quite well at first, really hard though, by the time you get the surrounding regions under control Islam and the Satanae have built quite formidable armies and come looking for you, i think cstephion is key to getting out of your own bit of the world and taking on other factions, holding it though is easier said than done...

AMMsterz's Avatar Libertus

Icon14 Re: You have made a kick ass mod

WaZaaa Halie Satanus!!!

I haven't played the Rome Total War series in ages coz I'm real into M2TW and its mods... but now it seems that I'll have to spend round about a day to download both RTW and BI just so I could try out what seems to be a kick ass mod!!!

:tooth::thumbsup4 etc...

Peaceage

Merely a humble advocate of the positively developed mod, "The Fouth Age Total War." ...
    as well as a peaceful proponent of the exhaustedly developing mod, "Broken Crescent."

Satanae is the first faction i have played.

i have found it very easy to start with, the surrounding pagan settlements fall without any problem. i am currently trying to establish a strong power base before anybody tries to attack me. lots of spies out every where.
    and just waiting to see what LUCIFER INCARNATE does to the game.

i love the veriety of units, very cool.

thats about as far as i have got so far.

but its such a refreshing change. the only other mods which is different in any way from most rome based ones are the forth eorlingas and Arthurian.

which i enjoy playing from time to time.

well done, keep it up. and i await the EOD2 mod eagerly.

This game rocks! I've spend way too many hours playing this mod when I should be studying. Lots of late nights thinking, "Just one more round to see what happens next...". Just a note to say thanks. I have noticed a weird occurance. The Islamic empire keeps landing on Kydonia,even right after they make peace. They don't seem to attack, but of course it raises the anxiety level of the city dwellers. I even trying giving military access to get rid of of the bug (if it's a bug).

The alliance seems so touchy, once I played as Hispania and Albion ended up making an alliance with the Satanae! Pretty crazy stuff. Is there a way to adjust the diplomacy AI? I would think this would be just about impossible for them. They certainly would be concerned about Hispania, and I can see them trying to conquer the remaining Christian nations.

Nakandakari

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nakandakari Lobato View Post
    This game rocks! I've spend way too many hours playing this mod when I should be studying. Lots of late nights thinking, "Just one more round to see what happens next...". Just a note to say thanks. I have noticed a weird occurance. The Islamic empire keeps landing on Kydonia,even right after they make peace. They don't seem to attack, but of course it raises the anxiety level of the city dwellers. I even trying giving military access to get rid of of the bug (if it's a bug).

The alliance seems so touchy, once I played as Hispania and Albion ended up making an alliance with the Satanae! Pretty crazy stuff. Is there a way to adjust the diplomacy AI? I would think this would be just about impossible for them. They certainly would be concerned about Hispania, and I can see them trying to conquer the remaining Christian nations.

Nakandakari
    It's not a bug, in different games Kydonia will be under constant threat from either Islam or the Satanae depending how the struggle between them is going on their borders, and i think how your doing affects every other faction as well..They will attack eventually and once they start to attack they will constantly siege the city...Only advise i can give is to build up Kydonia as quickly as possible, Templar militia are pretty good for a town square defence, but they need the bronze shield and sword upgrade or they will be over run..

Welcome to TWC..

Thanks for the feedback guys...

i had the same problem when i played as Albion, but it was satanae who kept landing forces, they never attack tho. they just keep landing troops.

even during peace, so i just keep recruiting and killing them.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great mod!!! It is well balanaced and has that Dark Age and Tolkien like atmsophere.

Banzai!!! (I am playing Shambala now, and they are getting militant. )

Thanx, Chris

if you like tolkien, have you tried the FORTH AGE mod yet?

Total War Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Champion View Post
    !!! Forth Who??...we don't mention those guys around here...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

why not, arnt you sopposed to have mutual respect for other modders work or something, the know the unwritten code of the modder?

anyway apart from you guys they have one of the few mods thats got a new and unique feel, when compared to Rome or BI.

Total War Veteran

Blog Entries

Yeh, i was joking.

i guessed you might have been.

im really lookin forward to Lycan Rising by the way.

and reading lots of books on the subject until you offer more of your stories of course.

Total War Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Champion View Post
    I have it downloaded and intednd on playing it. need to load an old version of RTW to also play the LOTR mod.

I just downloaded the Extended Greek Mod (XGM) and am playing as Pontus, and I have 2 EoD games going, on e as the Satanae and the other as the satanae, plus I have 2 games of vanilla/unlocked BI going as the Goths and Sarmatians. Not to mention the old TalonSoft ACW and napoleonic games and minor modding that I do. have to get the old Great battles series installed and running again, and I think I have some mods saved for that, and also must install TW Alexander and give that a whirl.

So, yeah, I am getting ready to load and play the 4th Age, when I can squeeze it in.

Also, I have the XGM running on the same insatll as EoD without any problems yet.

Best of the best out in the west, Chris

PS: Also have 2 Shogun TW campaigns going, and must load Eras MTW-VI and the XL Mod and BKB Super Mod etc. for it, and try and find my 80GB HD that may have the Middle-earth mod on it that I got running flawlessly. I hopw I have those old METW files as there seems to be an interest in reviving that mos here and elsewhere. i twice sent the text files to the graphics guy in France, but he claims he never got them, so se le guerre. As released the METW mod was all goofed-up but I got it running great. It was a lot of fun.
    Last edited by christof139; July 17, 2007 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    !!! Forth Who??...we don't mention those guys around here...
    Yeah I think we need a higher fence to keep 'the neighbours' out - rumour has it they've released some video or something

@christof139, your hard disc sounds like mine (except I've got slightly more versions of EoD...)

Hi Mak, Yeah, my HD is getting clogged-up. I had a ton of BFME mods installed too, but took them off because one of them was stopping Shogun TW from running!!! It wasn't Nero or anything else but one of those BFME mods. Go Figure that out!!!

I am following the conversation you and Nak. are having about the super faction and Shambala unit stats. etc., as I am not familiar with the RTW-BI files, but they are simialr to MTW-VI, so I may do some tinkering for my own use in the future.

Great mod you all have made. I have a Satanae and Shambala campaigns going now.

One thing I don't like about the MTW series is that the armies grow to large for my taste. Too many full and near full stacks running all over the place. I would prefer to limit the number of max. units in a stack to 15 rather than 20. Is there a way I can do this quickly??

M reasoning is this: Using Roman Republican and Imperial Legions as a guideline, I feel the 15 unit limit would reasonably be enough to enable a player to accurately represent one Roman Republican or Imperial Legion complete with ancillary troops. Maybe 15 units max. would be OK. This is just my personal preference though. I feel one Roman Legion as represented by 15 or 16 units is enough to represent a full Republican Consular Army of 2 Roman and 2 Allied Legions. Oh heck, I guess 20 units max. is also OK.

I guess the only way to limit the amount of troops appearing in the game is to increase unit and building costs and maybe upkeep costs, but that can be a drag. Life is so complex at times.

Thanx for the good mod, Chris
    Last edited by christof139; July 19, 2007 at 04:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast