View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 70 of 201 FirstFirst ... 204560616263646566676869707172737475767778798095120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

I have watched half of a debate and it is really hard to continue. I honestly surprised how solid Biden looks in this despite of everything I have seen before. His tactics are so clear so far - tell Trump is wrong, say he did nothing, say he has no plan, look straight in the camera and say go to vote.

He has mentioned God couple of times. That is the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    I have watched half of a debate and it is really hard to continue. I honestly surprised how solid Biden looks in this despite of everything I have seen before. His tactics are so clear so far - tell Trump is wrong, say he did nothing, say he has no plan, look straight in the camera and say go to vote.

He has mentioned God couple of times. That is the thing.
    He called Trump a clown, a racist, and told him to shut up. Why do you leave those things out?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Most people seem to agree Biden won though
    Most people that CNN asked to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    I think they both lost, but Trump needed a win more than Biden. Also, not being willing to accept defeat or say that racists are bad was... not a good look.
    Yeah, I tend to agree. Not with the specifics but with: Nothing really changed, except perhaps lowering the standards of what a debate is meant to be.
    Want to bet the next debate would have like half the viewers this one had?

I also agree that Trump needed a victory more than Biden.
    Sure, I am the first to say that Trump is better positioned in 2020 than he was 5-weeks to elections in 2016. But Biden is better positioned than Hillary was too. So... the ball is in Biden's court. Perhaps Trump has a slightly higher chance to win than he seemed to have in early October 2016 but that is not a good chance. He beat the odds once but that certainly doesn't mean he will beat the odds again.

Without any big upsets, I would say that Trump has like 1/3 to win including the tiny "hidden" Trump vote. I.e. assuming Trump has 1%-2% more than he seems to have and Biden 1%-2% less than he seems to have and including that Republicans seem more mobilized and would get out the vote better than Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    He called Trump a clown, a racist, and told him to shut up. Why do you leave those things out?
    Probably because they were in the second part of the debate.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

This was mentioned everywhere else. I can't say I'm surprised he said any of it, his audience gonna like it.

I did not like how both of them are treating each other. I don't think any presidential campaigns in US have reached this low in terms of everything really. Nation should come together and I don't any signs from any side. I lived in Alabama, Texas, South Carolina and New York back in 2006-2007, different states, different people but overall I personally could say they all share same values even if someone had a jokes about redneck. I met a lot of good people in USA. I can't believe country is so divided now and those two leaders are mirroring almost everything what is happening. I don't deny the chance I'm mistaken.

After watching the debate I have the impression Trump knows he's going to lose, and he's terrified. He's trapped and is desperate for a way out. On one side if he stays in the country after his loss he will almost certainly be going to prison. If he flees to Russia he'll have no more influence over the nation and no way to pay off his massive debts to the oligarchs, which means he'll be tasting novichok unless he can convince Putin to spare his life.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Yeah, I tend to agree. Not with the specifics but with: Nothing really changed, except perhaps lowering the standards of what a debate is meant to be.
    Want to bet the next debate would have like half the viewers this one had?
    Donald is. The level of this debate is not Biden's fault, and we can go line by line if you want. Fact is, Trump derailed the debate and here you are again, with your "both sides" nonsense.

Probably because they were in the second part of the debate.
    It was in the first half of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    This was mentioned everywhere else. I can't say I'm surprised he said any of it, his audience gonna like it.

I did not like how both of them are treating each other. I don't think any presidential campaigns in US have reached this low in terms of everything really. Nation should come together and I don't any signs from any side. I lived in Alabama, Texas, South Carolina and New York back in 2006-2007, different states, different people but overall I personally could say they all share same values even if someone had a jokes about redneck. I met a lot of good people in USA. I can't believe country is so divided now and those two leaders are mirroring almost everything what is happening. I don't deny the chance I'm mistaken.
    I don't really see anything wrong with how Biden treats Trump. Trump is constantly attacking Biden, and quite frankly, I'm disappointed that Biden didn't get wittier remarks in. But... I suppose that's what happens when you're a 70 year old. Biden's simply not as sharp as he used to be.

Last edited by Love Mountain; September 30, 2020 at 03:36 AM.

This is a debate:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is not:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

IMO TV debates have outlived their usefulness. Better to have timed, proctored essay submissions based on mutually agreed upon topics and previously undisclosed prompts formulated by neutral academic parties in place of a moderator. If you can’t sit down, focus, and put your ideas on paper in a clear and concise manner in an allotted time, that says more to me than whether you’re quick on the draw onstage.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Senator

@Legio: I`m afraid a big part of the audience would be intellectually challenged to follow a real debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    @Legio: I`m afraid a big part of the audience would be intellectually challenged to follow a real debate.
    Perhaps, but in the absence of cable TV ratings, the debates need not be for that kind of people.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

This morning's debate can be summarized in 4 words: Grumpy Old Men 3. Too bad there was no Sophia Loren stand in as well.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; September 30, 2020 at 06:55 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Not sure who Napoleon would be in this analogy, but last night was one of those events that gives some serious Louis Bonaparte vibes.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...18th-brumaire/

As I predicted, the debate was between moderator and Trump, while Biden was just standing there, mumbling insubstantial phrases and generally looking incredibly weak. Even though Trump wasn't really attacking Biden as intensely as he could have, Biden has shown exceptional weakness, especially when discussing his family's shady dealings, Hunters corrupt foreign adventures in particular. Yelling "its not true" is not a counter argument, Joe. Should have at least had a few talking points addressing that instead of saying "nu-uh" on a presidential debate.
    Incumbents usually do pretty bad in debates, to put it into perspective, I remember 2012 debates in Denver where Romney destroyed Obama. Trump's performance was underwhelming, at least from my perspective, but his opponent did the job for him by presenting himself as a weak mumbling old fool.
    So overall, I'd say its a close victory for Trump.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/commissio...182702768.html

Citing “an informed source,” CBS News correspondent Norah O’Donnell reported Wednesday that the changes under consideration included cutting off a candidate’s microphone should new debate rules not be followed.
    Thats going to be hilarious

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    IMO TV debates have outlived their usefulness. Better to have timed, proctored essay submissions based on mutually agreed upon topics and previously undisclosed prompts formulated by neutral academic parties in place of a moderator. If you can’t sit down, focus, and put your ideas on paper in a clear and concise manner in an allotted time, that says more to me than whether you’re quick on the draw onstage.
    100% agree, that was fake pro-wrestling garbage. What a mess. Both candidates are pretty comfortable in the gutter, neither made any kind of point above "no, you!".

One bit about these two waffling old fools drives me crazy (I shouldn't let it but it does): Trump's inane gabbling answer where he told Proud Boys to "stand back, stand by" is being maliciously misinterpreted as dogwhistling.

He was very plainly doing what the exasperated moderator wanted, saying "stay out of it". Now the idiot Proud Boys are whooping "standing by Mr President" and Trumps critics get to pretend he was signalling them.

The Orange Idiot has dogwhistled before, he's extremely clumsy and obvious about it, and this wasn't it.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post

Mute the mics when it's not their turn, that way Trump can only hiss and whine like a petulant child on his own time.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    100% agree, that was fake pro-wrestling garbage. What a mess. Both candidates are pretty comfortable in the gutter, neither made any kind of point above "no, you!".

One bit about these two waffling old fools drives me crazy (I shouldn't let it but it does): Trump's inane gabbling answer where he told Proud Boys to "stand back, stand by" is being maliciously misinterpreted as dogwhistling.

He was very plainly doing what the exasperated moderator wanted, saying "stay out of it". Now the idiot Proud Boys are whooping "standing by Mr President" and Trumps critics get to pretend he was signalling them.

The Orange Idiot has dogwhistled before, he's extremely clumsy and obvious about it, and this wasn't it.
    One thing I’ve learned about Trump is, watch what he does, not necessarily what he says.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

And then there's this:

https://michaelsavage.com/joe-wearing-a-wire/

Kinda like the old song says: "I get by with a little help from my friends".

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    And then there's this:

https://michaelsavage.com/joe-wearing-a-wire/

Kinda like the old song says: "I get by with a little help from my friends".

Reactionaries get riled up by everything.

On the other hand,

AP Fact Check for the debate.

Can Trump stop lying? Rhetorical, we all know the answer.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; October 02, 2020 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Unnecessary.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

It appears that Trump was lying more because he was coherent more. Biden was mostly mumbling for a good part of the "debate", though national disgrace would be better, and stated very few "facts"

Also, that is a lavaliere microphone. It's used extensively in my country by all tv stations and news anchors.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Reactionary retards get riled up by everything.

On the other hand,

AP Fact Check for the debate.

Can Trump stop lying? Rhetorical, we all know the answer.
    So, to be clear, you're certain that's a microphone that the wire is going to?