Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Yes, checking coordinates does only what it needs to do - checks coordinates. The coordinates of two points are set and before the start of a new turn, the characters are checked whether they are in these coordinates or not (including at the borders of a given quadrangle, so you can specify one point).

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

From the next patch, the program itself will launch a mod or game. The video shows how to configure launch options.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Any news on the widescreen distortion correction thing?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I haven’t done anything like this, and so far I don’t plan to do it - and so there are a lot of important tasks on the list

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Mr. leo I think Aura was the one working on that.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Mr. leo I think Aura was the one working on that.
    He has not written anything to me for a long time, and I'm not sure that he will do anything.

Oh, well, a shame I guess. Besides the ability to launch the game/mods from the tool, what else are you adding or what you are planning to tackle next?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 08, 2020 at 10:25 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Oh, well, a shame I guess. Besides the ability to launch the game/mods from the tool, what else are you adding or what you are planning to tackle next?
    In this update will be:
    launch the game / mods
    script and label system updates
    the ability to set your prefix to units with the legio parameter
    The update is almost ready, there are still a few tests and still need to update the instructions(this is horror).

In the next updates I’ll try to do what I’ve already written about, except that I’ll add the ability to specify several descr_formations_ai.txt files (it will be possible to give the files any names), each for different situations (battle type, army composition by units types, general’s characteristics, faction). I have already seen attempts to do this by replacing the file while the game is running, but the game reads the descr_formations_ai file only once at startup, so this could not be successful.
    Also, most likely the program will come with a set of formation files for AI along with a configuration file, according to which information about the formations will be loaded before each battle.

I will also do something else minor along with major updates (as usual), we'll see.

Wonderful! So we will be ablet change the legio prefix for any other word? Did you solved the cyrilic writing issue? What about the numbering, it will still be roman?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 08, 2020 at 11:57 PM.

Wonderful! So we will be ablet change the legio prefix for any other word? Did you solved the cyrilic writing issue? What about the numbering, it will still be roman?
    I did not do this in detail, so it is only possible to replace the word Legio (you can write several words at once, not necessarily one).

Today will be an update

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Its a pity the widscreen resolution is not being worked. I believe its a priority since its something of interest for the entire community and would give a new life to the game. JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Someone else asked but let me re-check, any plans to allow factions to have more than 1 animation for generals?
    Currently, we found a way how to have generals with custom animations in the same faction but they cant be spawed via script so its not ideal.

update 1.16 (read the instructions)
    added launch of the game from the program
    added ability to replace legio prefix for units
    improved scripting system
    added ability to change characters labels
    added ability to make comments in most config files

It would be nice if all interested people supported the project in an accessible way (for example, you can test various changes, participate in planning new game mechanics or discuss them, sponsor development with money, etc.).
    With the help of this program, it will probably be possible someday to give modders the opportunity to change the MTW2 gameplay beyond recognition.

Leo, I will answer in another topic.
    Last edited by youneuoy; May 10, 2020 at 12:56 AM.

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

Isn't the link wrong? I have no labels.youneuoycfg or labels_immutable.youneuoycfg as described in the guide for labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Isn't the link wrong? I have no labels.youneuoycfg or labels_immutable.youneuoycfg as described in the guide for labels.
    You are right, repaired)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Characters Labels Overhaul (scripting capabilities improvement)

This way it should be possible to force generals to rebel, possibly also settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    I think its already possible with the labels overhaul (and partially even before)

Anyway, the game already does that, joining the rebels is regular and you can already make it more frequent by modifying a line or two in descr_campaign_db. Similarily, it is already possible for generals to join other faction, be it a bribe or shadow faction mechanics (barons alliance in britannia DLC), so it might not be that difficult to do what you suggest.

Neverthless, we should be already able to do it for most part, using this version's labels overhaul. As you now can do almost whatever you want with all generals at any point of the game. So if there is some general who would be supposed to rebel/start civil war or something, based for example on his trait, event, loyalty or something like that, you can choose him in the script, and for example give him another (hidden) trait that would decrease his loyalty tremendously, thus he would definitely join rebels till the next turn, or a shadow faction if the faction has any. And I believe if he was inside a settlement, the settlement would rebel too, right? Or would he be kicked out? Anybody knows?

Though,there is a "provoke_rebellion" command that is supposed to force settlements rebel, but based on this discussion it doesnt work. But there is another command, "add_settlement_turmoil settlementname value" that works. It increases unrest, but you need high values to make the settlement rebel.

You can also use "barons alliance" emergence script for any faction, assuming the shadow faction in the script are rebels(=slaves. Rebels are de facto shadow faction to all factions so it works), so with doing some smart scripting you can do it to force a settlement of your choosing to rebel. I recall there was a guide on this, but cant find it RN. Anyway, the basics is that shadow factions emergence check public order in each setttlement and the ones in a public order limit you make can rebel, and you can also set how many settlements should the original factions keep, so through this there is a way. You could also combine it with "add_settlement_turmoul" to change public order to what you need. With labels now you could also make sure the govenor becomes "bad" to force it.

But yea, if there was a simple commnand for it, I suppose it wouldnt hurt

It seems that I was a little hasty with the update and did not check one of the functions (the simplest one at the same time).
    I updated the archive with the program, everything now works as it should, but it starts now in the old way (using the bat file). I'll fix it tomorrow.

It seems that I was a little hasty with the update and did not check one of the functions (the simplest one at the same time).
    I updated the archive with the program, everything now works as it should, but it starts now in the old way (using the bat file). I'll fix it tomorrow.

I fixed yesterday's problem with launching the program and updated the link to it. Now the launch is done as in the following video:
    Last edited by youneuoy; May 11, 2020 at 01:14 PM.

I fixed yesterday's problem with launching the program and updated the link to it.