Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV

Default FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV

What is Deus lo Vult ?
    Roleplay as a real Knight, Prince or King in a true medieval atmosphere and face unique strategic challenges due to many scripted elements on a big map and get beaten up on

Where can I find all relevant Information\Features about DLV ?
    In the DLV 6.2 Warbook: download the pdf file here
    http://www.filefront.com/14601185/De...k_english.pdf/
    or a reduced text version here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108625

What do you need to play DLV ?
    Plain MTW:
    - DLV 4.0 PE Public Edition: 544 MB
    Kingdom's Edition:
    - DLV 6.2: 1,2 GB

Where to download DLV ?
    look here:
    - for DLV 4.0 PE
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114748
    - for DLV 6.2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219295

Does DLV destroy my Standard MTW\Kingdoms Installation ?
    No, DLV is totally isolated and will not overwrite any vanilla settings or any other mod files
    DLV installs into:
    ..\mods\DLV_ext\....... ........#isolated mod folder

I have problems after my installation and DLV is not working properly ?
    Go to the relevant bug threads and read the first posting in each thread.
    DLV 4.0 PE
    no bug thread because there is no more development of 4.0
    DLV 6.2 Kingdoms
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114749

Does DLV 6.2 work under Vista ?
    Look into the technical thread TW and Vista and into the bug thread
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89969
    Yes, but to start a campaign you have to do the following steps:
    Delete the map.rwm file here:
    C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\DLV_ext\data\world\maps\base
    Your path after VirtualStore may vary if you used other than the default install path.

Where can i find a list of interesting submods, translations, databases of DLV ?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=708

How to accelerate the campaign turns ?
    it's normal to wait 1 minutes or more each turn after 100 turns into the campaign (bigmap effect + scripts)
    only little helps:
    - turn out shadows on the campaign map (advanced video options), lower resolution
    - turn off: follwow AI movements
    - accelerate strat map movements in cfg settings
    - If the game is running, push the 3 buttons together: str-alt-del to jump to the task manager and open the process list. Then set the process for the medieval.exe to priority high (right mouse button). Then jump back into the game
    - install .net framework from microsoft: 2.8 MB (doesn't hurt you)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...5-25634C3BF043

Sometimes the campaign freezes fro minutes and nothing happens anymore ?
    If a faction lost it's last settlement then it changes into hording, that means troops are spawned somewhere and the faction is looking for a new capital. The hording process freezes the game 1...30 minutes, then it continues.

General Gameplay hints
    - Suggested difficulty: VH \VH (Because of UAI 1.6 recommended by GrandViz)
    - Develop the first years (in imperial campaign 40 turns approx.) only the economy and fill up your treasure box: a longer siege cost easily more than 10000 florins
    - Treat your generals well or they will become unhappy and revolt
    - In the beginning you get a rebel army challenging your reign ! Warmup for later !
    - Have a look on the happiness in your capital settlement. A little yellow face means a blue eye for yourself the next turns --> Powerfull rebell armies will be spawned !
    - A new faction leader needs a crown or he will be unhappy
    - Avoid strolling around your generals outside from settlements. Save the money !
    - Avoid strolling your assassins and spies strolling in enemy land without purpose. Save the money !

How does the career system works and the other traits\ancillaries stuff ?

How does the garrison script works ?
    It spawns only if:
    - player sieges AI

What is the rebellion stuff of Dearmad & Pnutmaster's Blood, Broads & Bastards Mod and how can I manage a rebellion before it gets out of hand?
    Rebellion: Nobels can rebel, create unrest and become quite immobile and don't obey orders if
    - a King gets his Faction excommunicated and his piety is not high
    - a King runs his Kingdom's treasury into the ground
    - the larger an Empire the greater the chance: those further afield from the capital are getting more unloyal (Crusaders are immune) which is reversible
    - stripping your nobles of their titles
    - a new King ascends to the throne, particularly if he has low Authority -- DLV2.0 addition
    - a new King is uncrowned (has not returned to the capitol or already has 8 ancillaries [transfer some of them to another character])

The key is to look for the Faction Leader trait: "Offends the Nobility." You'll get an announcement in the Faction Announcements when/if this occurs. At that point you must move quickly. As long as the Faction Leader has the Offends trait, generals will choose sides either becoming loyal or disloyal to their Liege (this includes any Coming of Age, Adopted or Married in Generals that join your royal family later).
    - Get the disloyal generals out of army command and governor positions.
    - pair them with loyal generals
    - send them to the battlefield: will slowly increase their loyalty
    - Assassinate them, make them Commodores (passengers) of 1 ship navies and send them out to hunt pirates...just get rid of them, or sit on them (put them under a loyal governor) and hope they come to their senses at the next change of King.
    - Don't let them marry, because their children can carry on the Father's disloyalty to the King.

Permission Stuff
    Incorporation of Mod DLV
    - Private Use is free. If you want to include parts of DLV in a public mod ask the mod creators (TheDrakken, Tokus Maximus, Repman) or the original submod creators for permission as a sign of respect. Credits should be begiven. Noncompliance to this rules will be responded by adequate actions from our side.
    Last edited by repman; September 25, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Libertus

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

how about the rank system not working at all (for me) ??

@hravatskopravo
    I have given some hints in the rank thread

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

I'm pretty sure that the "bug" of infantry using only one ladder is an intended feature of DarthMod when siegers get into contact with defenders on the wall. I think this is an attempt to emulate ladders being thrown off the wall, etc.

Libertus

thanks boss i see

Centenarius

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV 2.0

Can you please tell me,why is the campaign not working?When i click to start a campaign,the game gets blocked?Its not the problem with map.rwm,something else,dont know what.Oh and i deleted the older dlv.ext....
    Last edited by Domnul Ceaşcă; March 03, 2007 at 11:09 PM.

@caligula
    if you have deleted the old dlw_ext and installed correctly DLV 2.0 it should work...repeat installation
    Maybe another texture mod parallel which uses the main data folder

Can you please replace your nazi slogan and the swastika or avoid posting in DLV forum ? Thanks for your understanding !

repman

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Yes, Caligula I, this is banned simbol, and your slogan is banned. Change it.
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

If you have a problem with someone's avatar picture please report it to a moderator.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

::::
    Last edited by repman; March 07, 2007 at 02:29 PM.

FAQ? Should be called instead FGQ. Frequently Given Answers! LOL

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @caligula
    if you have deleted the old dlw_ext and installed correctly DLV 2.0 it should work...repeat installation
    Maybe another texture mod parallel which uses the main data folder

Can you please replace your nazi slogan and the swastika or avoid posting in DLV forum ? Thanks for your understanding !

repman
    I´ve reinstaled the game,and it worked nicely,great job on the new heraldic stuff,and the crown.Ive just stolen the Crown of the Scots )

@caligula
    glad you like it

repman

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Svastika is historically nice simbol(India), but one man maked it simbol of horrible time. Thanx Caligula I.
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

Nice portrait Caligula. Glad you're enjoying the crown jewels. Hold their capital when they get a succession and you'll become King of Scots I believe. Slap me down derDrakken if I'm incorrect. -- TOKUS

Quote Originally Posted by Tokus*Maximus View Post
    Nice portrait Caligula. Glad you're enjoying the crown jewels. Hold their capital when they get a succession and you'll become King of Scots I believe. Slap me down derDrakken if I'm incorrect. -- TOKUS
    I would never slap down such a learned and beloved comrade.

Tokus you are absolutely right...and it sounds like Caligula already has taken the crown and is King of the Scots. Now that you have the Scot's crown...they are rrrrroyally scrrrrrrewed. Without the crown, the Scottish faction leader while likely see a rebellion of the nobles...in a three way scrum, team Caligula will crush the two feuding Scot factions. It's all over but the cryin', lads.

Cheers! dd

Centenarius

Manuel Komnenos
    Well,im not a nazi if thats what you think(at least lusted thinks so,dont know sure),i just like the Symbol nazi,indian,roman that doesnt matter and the signature ein volk,ein....i like it too not that im a fan of Hitler,but because i like the quote,one people,one empire,one leader,.Anyway i removed it.

Derdrakken,Tokus*Maximus
    Well,i dont think the scotish noblemen will have time to rebel anymore because im at the gates of Iverness,their last castle/city,and soon i will be at the gates of Arhus(Danish Capital),because right now i am besieging Lubeck.Well i had a nice start with the English,i allied myself with the french and have also married my princess to their heir and their princess to my heir(now King Rufus the Chivalrous),and i have also allied myself with the HRE with military access on both sides(i had a hard time convincing the germans to accept military access,they only accepted until i told them that i will attack Denmark which in that time were their enemy).Anyway,once again Nice Job on the mod.I was just wondering about the upcoming patch,are you guys going to make a patch for DLV when the M2TW v1.2 patch comes out,because altough its a great mod it still has its bugs which will be fixed in the patch?

Regarding Campaign performance:
    - install .netframework from microsoft: 2.8 MB (doesn't hurt you)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...5-25634C3BF043

repman

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula I View Post
    Manuel Komnenos
    are you guys going to make a patch for DLV when the M2TW v1.2 patch comes out,because altough its a great mod it still has its bugs which will be fixed in the patch?
    Yes, DlV2.1 will be out in the future. Once the M2TW1.2 patch appears, we'll ensure Deus lo Vult works to the new patch standard.

deRougemont's Avatar Yeoman

Greetings fellows!

May I ask if Deus lo Vult modifies any of these files?:

names.txt
    descr_names.txt
    descr_names_lookup.txt

or starting character names in the descr_strat.txt file? I assume you mod the descr_strat.txt, but could you confirm whether you do or not?

I ask because I've begun beta testing the Character Names Mod and am receiving some errors which I can't explain at the moment from testers using Deus lo Vult.

Thanks, deRougemont

BTW, I would have checked myself, but for some reason the installer doesn't work with Vista, so I can't :-(
    Last edited by deRougemont; March 17, 2007 at 01:29 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast