Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote of No Confidence : The Hexagon Council

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Vote of No Confidence : The Hexagon Council

Author: Gaius Baltar

Support: Akar, Sir Adrian, (Alastor)

Clearly the board is no longer represented by the current members of the Hexagon Council. Most are simply inactive, but most importantly the actions of those that are present are no longer in the best interests of this forum.

I call for a Vote of No Confidence for all members of the Hexagon Council.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; April 01, 2024 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vote of No Confidence : The Hexagon Council

Support.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Do you honestly think your club has the actual power to do a coup?! Does the site even require the Hex to be Citizens? I think you are overestimating the reach of the Curia.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 23, 2024 at 03:52 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Given the liberties we have seen with the Constitution over the past day or so by the "Administration" - I am going to go ahead and move this to vote.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

For whatever good it'll do I'll humor a vote if the proper support is attained to get there.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

And here I was despairing that the curia had lost it's flair for the melodramatic.

Not only is this an attempt to remove a whole group of members that have veto right (attempts like this being the the major reason) it's also based on personal perception not supported by any facts brought forth here. I might be mistaken but isn't it the consul's duty to make sure a VonC is based on some kind of reality, eg facts, before posting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Reason for VonC
    Clearly the board is no longer represented by the current members of the Hexagon Council. Most are simply inactive, but most importantly the actions of those that are present are no longer in the best interests of this forum.
    That is about as factual as Vonc'ing the consul for "he doesn't like Hex"

Never mind the author taking the liberty to call for a vote six hours after posting his OP and when there were only 2 support (including his) available. Assuming that he had the right to do so based on perceived actions of hex is ludicrous.

Opposed, for all that it matters.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 24, 2024 at 04:01 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Aa Gigantus said, the OP seems a bit vague.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

if the curia functioned with a minimum of normality: "frivolous use of the VonC procedure shall be considered grounds for Curial disciplinary proceedings as per Section III -Article I (Ostraca)". But never mind

Just out of curiosity, what is the result you expect from this VoNC, Gaius? Do you expect the administration to order itself to abandon its positions?
    Last edited by mishkin; March 24, 2024 at 05:23 AM. Reason: or nevermind. dont know.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

As Baltar is ignoring several requests to consent to a publication of his posts/pms with mishkin this is enough for me to prove that he has something to keep secret. I*m seeing this as proof of getting caugt red handed.

So opposed.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

It seems to me that his conversation/refusal to talk to me are the least of his screw-ups.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    As Baltar is ignoring several requests to consent to a publication of his posts/pms with mishkin this is enough for me to prove that he has something to keep secret. I*m seeing this as proof of getting caugt red handed.

So opposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

Do you honestly think your club has the actual power to do a coup?! Does the site even require the Hex to be Citizens? I think you are overestimating the reach of the Curia.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    It seems to me that his conversation/refusal to talk to me are the least of his screw-ups.
    You guys do know that non-citizens have no say in this, right?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Honestly i can comment about everything on the site in the Proth. And as the Hex are the only officials who protect the normal users from the citizens and misuse of power of the citizens party officials like Baltar its my business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    You guys do know that non-citizens have no say in this, right?
    You have limited yourself to expressing your support for a ridiculous VoNC. We have contributed more to this thread than you.

Opposed.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Admins cannot be VonCed only GED can remove them from office. However since Commodus said he will allow this to go to a vote I really want to see what happens and I am going to SUPPORT.

I'm only supporting because of what Commodus said, normally I'd Oppose.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    You have limited yourself to expressing your support for a ridiculous VoNC. We have contributed more to this thread than you.
    Actually you haven't. Baltar made a mistake starting this thread here, but as per the constitution as peregrinii you have no say in this whatsoever.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post

Actually you haven't. Baltar made a mistake starting this thread here, but as per the constitution as peregrinii you have no say in this whatsoever.
    I am deeply sorry if I have contributed to this conversation because of another screw-up by Gaius Baltar. Contact the administration so they could move this discussion, an example of good practice, to its corresponding place.

Sometimes its good to read the Constitution:

Any member can propose a resolution by posting a thread in the Prothalmos. Any Prothalmos threads can be archived by the Consul if they are not posted in for twenty eight days.

Resolutions can be Amendments, making changes to this document; Decisions, suggesting changes to the site; Nominations, proposing a member for a Curial award; or Votes of No Confidence (VoNC) against Curial Officers or Staff Members. A VoNC may only be initiated for neglect of duty or abuse of authority and, if successful against a Curial Officer, results in their immediate removal from office; frivolous use of the VonC procedure shall be considered grounds for Curial disciplinary proceedings as per Section III -Article I (Ostraca). Any Curial Officer subject to a successful VoNC, or who resigns during the VoNC process, may not run in the replacement or full election for the next open seat of the same position.

The Constitution (twcenter.net)

So Mishkin and i can post here whole essays about VONCs and try to influence the public opinion.

So no civitate citizen has the right to shut us up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Sometimes its good to read the Constitution:

Any member can propose a resolution by posting a thread in the Prothalmos. Any Prothalmos threads can be archived by the Consul if they are not posted in for twenty eight days.

Resolutions can be Amendments, making changes to this document; Decisions, suggesting changes to the site; Nominations, proposing a member for a Curial award; or Votes of No Confidence (VoNC) against Curial Officers or Staff Members. A VoNC may only be initiated for neglect of duty or abuse of authority and, if successful against a Curial Officer, results in their immediate removal from office; frivolous use of the VonC procedure shall be considered grounds for Curial disciplinary proceedings as per Section III -Article I (Ostraca). Any Curial Officer subject to a successful VoNC, or who resigns during the VoNC process, may not run in the replacement or full election for the next open seat of the same position.

The Constitution (twcenter.net)

So Mishkin and i can post here whole essays about VONCs and try to influence the public opinion.

So no civitate citizen has the right to shut us up.
    I swear to god I just reported my post asking moderation to take this thread to its proper place... and it turns out this is it?? JFC citizens, read your manuals.

If they had read it, they wouldn't have started this VoNC, as only a successfull VoNC against a curial officer has consequences: he lost his office.

The Constitution is silent, whats happening, if its successful against a staff member. So its absolutely obvious: it has no (legal) consequences, even if successful.

So in best case its an symbolic act, but realistically it will show how legal meaningless and impotent the Curia is.

The Curia is hurting themself more than any critics would ever be able to.

And only because of vanity of some.

Sad, really sad.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 25, 2024 at 04:22 AM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I think the mistake adrian was referring to was the judgement of thinking this was a well-advised way to express his grievances.

To be entirely clear any member has 'a say', it's just that only citizens have the voting power such as it is. And in this thread it's really just the quest to find enough people bored enough to see what would happen.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast