Thread: Several question about replay system in Medieval 2

MerkeKING's Avatar Foederatus

Icon5 Several question about replay system in Medieval 2

Yooo, long time I had some questions about playing a replay in Medieval 2, and still have it, so hope some veterans that are truly knowledge of the whole game and its mechanics can answer me and fullfill my doubts :o

1 - It is possible to get rid of the minimap on replays? I always saw it as bothering when I want to see a replay, cuz occupies much space in my screen. Also, I always play the game in the minium res, so, too much space occupy the minimap

2 - There is a way to manage the replay? I mean, search for a specific part of the replay, advance towards a specific point in the time that the replay lasts, like a reproductor manager, it's there a mod or I can do it by the console?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Several question about replay system in Medieval 2

In the actual battle you can minimize the UI, not sure if you can do that in the replay, like starting another battle first where you minimize and then run the replay.

There is also the cinematic editor that removes the UI of the replay - but I barely know anything about it. A search of that (suggest google) should give you the info you need to set that up.

Yes I know the Cinematic Editor, but it is too crude and outdated to use even for me, who has a lot of patience for the game hahaha

Hopefully in the future someone or even me it could do a plugin or mod about a kind of 'replay manager'

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Consider EOP as a tool if you do; not exactly what it's used for most of the time but messing with replays sounds a bit like an engine hack beyond usual modding.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Oh I already have EOP in my mod, but what it does to the replay system? cuz I'm seeing still the same: can't get rid the minimap and go to an specific part of the replay

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Nothing, it was a suggestion as a base if you do make changes since I've never heard of a mod that meaningfully affects the replay system for med 2.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?